Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

an interesting detail in the Batman figure (that isn't really surprising but) it has the batman Returns logo on it! This is probably coming out at about the same time as the batcave so fingers crossed we see images soon!

the build is entirely batman returns based too if you notice specific details on the figure that are unique to Keaton's suit 

If the Batcave doesn't come with a Batmobile and Batwing and just the platforms for them with the intention that the two sets in August are used on them its strange that the release dates aren't closer to each other. Will they announce August sets at end of May/beginning of June at same time as Batcave (they have been announcing sets earlier this year for some themes). If not it's going to be strange Marketing to say it has two empty platforms.

The big question I have is will the Batcave come with the rocket equipped Penguin Army? Can't have a Batman Returns set without them. Hopefully they throw in the Duck Boat as well.

4 hours ago, wesker said:

The big question I have is will the Batcave come with the rocket equipped Penguin Army? Can't have a Batman Returns set without them. Hopefully they throw in the Duck Boat as well.

The Batcave better be filled with Penguins for that price tbh

When we first found out that there'd be a Batman figure coming I was expecting it to be based on the comics, while a part of me was kind of hoping that it would be Battinson so that it could fit on the Technic Batcycle. But since every other Batman set coming out this summer is riding on the Keaton hype, it makes sense that it ended up being his Batman instead. Plus, the packagaing also gives us our first potential look at how the sets will be branded by using the Batman Returns logo instead of the usual comic yellow oval logo (and I suspect that the 1989 Batmobile/Batwing sets will have the gold '89 movie logo, respectively).

I don't know what it is, but the figure honestly doesn't look all that bad apart from a few details, the biggest offender for me being those dark tan pieces on the belt which DO exist in Pearl Gold, so at least that'll be an easy swap. I definitely won't get this figure for full price, but when it eventually goes on sale I might pick it up.

Mrs Castillio from the Dreamzzz sets new body would be good for the Green Lantern Oa Guardians. Also has the Vidiyo piece reused that would be ideal for minifig Clayface. Neither of those will happen but I can dream :laugh:

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Watch them include three penguins or less.

Lol how many penguins do you want?

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

For that price? Something that will improve the display. You won't even notice three penguins.

3 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

As many as possible. 1 penguin for each 100€ spent doesn't seem too unreasonable (we will get exactly 3 anyway).

36 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

As many as possible. 1 penguin for each 100€ spent doesn't seem too unreasonable (we will get exactly 3 anyway).

I mean, I take your and @THELEGOBATMAN's point that LEGO shouldn't skimp for the price their asking. I just think we should see the design to see if it makes any sense to have an army of rocket penguins taking up space :laugh:

When do we normally see leaked images for UCS sets? I remember seeing the Indiana jones sets about a month before the official reveal. I imagine its different for a UCS set, but can anyone remember when we got leaked images for a UCS set 

18 minuti fa, BatDeanj ha detto:

Quando vediamo normalmente immagini trapelate per i set UCS? Ricordo di aver visto i set di Jones dell'Indiana circa un mese prima della rivelazione ufficiale. Immagino che sia diverso per un set UCS, ma qualcuno puĂ² ricordare quando abbiamo fatto trapelare immagini per un set UCS

lego likes to reveal sets after some stupid random leak, so if no shop puts out the set accidentally, we may never see it :-D

On 5/4/2023 at 11:55 AM, BatDeanj said:

When do we normally see leaked images for UCS sets? I remember seeing the Indiana jones sets about a month before the official reveal. I imagine its different for a UCS set, but can anyone remember when we got leaked images for a UCS set 

First of all, UCS applies to Star Wars. This is a D2C, which is a direct to consumer set which can be bought only from LEGO (only theoretically tho, and for a certain time period).

D2Cs usually get leaked later than regular sets, usually a day or few before the official reveal, which mostly happens half a month before the set becomes available. 

TL;DR: We'll probably see something in between a week and two.

58 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

*Sigh* You got me. 

Hopefully I’m not being too optimistic, but I’m sure it’ll look better than just a box. I think the box is just a way for them to include the bat-symbol-shaped window. 

Batman Returns polybag image at the usual location. It has Batman and a gargoyle/rooftop corner build. The caption said it was found in store, so keep your eyes peeled!

Interesting that it looks to use the previous 1989 cowl+cape combined piece, but with the Returns insignia.  I'm assuming that this variant will be also included in the D2C.

Honestly love that, one of my favorite polybags in a while and it’ll massively decrease the cost of that cape—I assume the Batwing and Mobile won’t have it so he can fit in them.

Love this poly bag so much! Finally getting that cape/cowl cheaper is such a win. Gonna stock up on these guys

28 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

The bat logo looks to be slightly different than the one found in 1989 D2Cs

It's Returns based, to tie in with the cave.

Best polybag in a LONG time! desirable new, potentially exclusive figure, and with a nice build too instead of some random bat jet-ski or something. Will definately pick this up.