Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm glad that we're getting something, but I really have no interest in a Keaton Batman wave, especially because of how they executed it.

So the main event is a Batcave... but it's a gimmicky box? Couldn't they just make a regular, extremely detailed Batcave? The minifigures are even a bigger problem, and it's because this is a Keaton Batman set. Imagine how wonderful the selection could've been if it was sa BTAS set or a comic-inspired one.

And we get two expansion vehicles which can be displayed in the Batcave... and both have the same minifigures? That's ridiculous. 

I'll get the batwing and batmobile but the cave is sounding worse by the day, not worth the enormous price, I'm sure it'll look cool, but perhaps not enough for the price.

Unless seeing it really changes me, I'm skipping it, it's too big a purchase to ever be a maybe, if it's not a definite want, I'm not getting it.

I was very intrigued by the cave, especially after Rivendell and that wonderful irregular structure!  Instead let's go back to square legos… even closed in a box!!!  O.o obviously we wait for the images, surely it will be better than we can imagine now, but it's still a bizarre choice… and 7 minifigures are still few.  I'm fine with the Batmobile, not a Flash fan, but still batman and joker, still batman and joker, can't we have Bob?  :-D

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm glad that we're getting something, but I really have no interest in a Keaton Batman wave, especially because of how they executed it.

So the main event is a Batcave... but it's a gimmicky box? Couldn't they just make a regular, extremely detailed Batcave? The minifigures are even a bigger problem, and it's because this is a Keaton Batman set. Imagine how wonderful the selection could've been if it was sa BTAS set or a comic-inspired one.

And we get two expansion vehicles which can be displayed in the Batcave... and both have the same minifigures? That's ridiculous. 

Even as a keaton batman set, c'mon, there was more potential than THIS. Keaton Batman was never going to have amazing figs, but exclusively basing it off the second film is moronic. The only real draws are the Returns suit (To the extent that's even a draw, given how similar it is to the 1989 suit), Penguin, and Catwomen, and we already know penguin is... less than accurate.

The number is awful too. 7 in a $450 location set is absurd.

I almost wish we didn't get this set, because I can't see it doing well, and you KNOW the conclusion they'll come to is that large superhero sets don't sell.

So the Batman/Ironman comparison becomes realised in Lego form. Ironman got a frustrating Hulkbuster release, and now Batman gets a Batcave that elicits more confusion than elation. I don't get the idea behind this set. Maybe seeing it will change my mind.

well  much like the black panther statue for marvel this will be the end of my complete Dc collection i have every set from the first all the way back in 2006

but i wont buy this.

What? How? Why?

Like I do understand lego likes to try new things, but what's the target audience for this?

Why would you pay extra to be able to hide your set and being unable to see it?

Why would you have 7 minifigures, where Catwoman is the only one that could look remotely interesting?

Why are we getting 2 companion sets with the exact same minifigures?

This is extremely surreal.

Yeah, when it was first announced a $450 Batcave sounded incredible. Now that we’ve gotten more details it just sounds kinda disappointing.

Only 7 figures. Two of them are Batman’s that will be in other sets, 3 of them are just generic white men probably made using recycled heads and torsos, 1 is a version of a character we can arguably make a better purist version of using a previously released depiction of the character. So, Catwoman? That’s the big draw in terms of figures? I like Michelle Pfiffer Catwoman as much as the next guy, but still, not as worth $450.

And the build itself sounds… bizarre. Surely it’s not just a giant box, right? There’s no way Lego would release a big display piece that just looks like a big grey box, right?

I’m gonna hold off judgement until we see pictures, hopefully within the next few weeks, but so far I’m not liking the sounds of this. IMO a comic based Batcave should have been a no-brainer here. Plenty of minifigure potential, tons of potential Easter eggs, and you’d be able to draw in all Batman fans instead of just Keaton Batman fans.

Hopefully with Superman Legacy and The Batman part II, we’ll see a revival of this theme in 2025. Until then, I have very low expectations and would be surprised if we got anything at all in 2024.

No flash 😔. Yeah ngl my disappointment in all of these sets cannot be expressed fully. Why on earth is there going to be a Batmobile set, batwing set, and a batcave WITH a Batmobile and batwing? Plus a $450 batcave with just 7 minifigs?

And as much as I wanted to get Nicholson’s joker, I didn’t wanna get him twice. And I definitely didn’t wanna get keatons 89 Batman twice. Lame.

The only upside to all of this is if we get a Dark Knight theme next year imo.

1 hour ago, Nylock said:

No flash 😔. Yeah ngl my disappointment in all of these sets cannot be expressed fully. Why on earth is there going to be a Batmobile set, batwing set, and a batcave WITH a Batmobile and batwing? Plus a $450 batcave with just 7 minifigs?

And as much as I wanted to get Nicholson’s joker, I didn’t wanna get him twice. And I definitely didn’t wanna get keatons 89 Batman twice. Lame.

The only upside to all of this is if we get a Dark Knight theme next year imo.

Where is everyone getting that the Batmobile and Batwing are included with the cave? Brickclickers post made it sound like the only thing included in it’s the cave was platforms to display them.

A TDKT wave would be cool. We’ve yet to get a Catwoman, Two Face, or Ra’s Al Ghul from that trilogy. Throw them in with The Bat, Batpod, and Tumbler respectively and you’ve got a solid wave.

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Where is everyone getting that the Batmobile and Batwing are included with the cave? Brickclickers post made it sound like the only thing included in it’s the cave was platforms to display them.

A TDKT wave would be cool. We’ve yet to get a Catwoman, Two Face, or Ra’s Al Ghul from that trilogy. Throw them in with The Bat, Batpod, and Tumbler respectively and you’ve got a solid wave.

In Brickclickers video he says it comes with both but maybe that’s an error or I misheard him but I played the video back a few times and heard the same thing

On 3/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, astroboy75 said:

In my opinion it will have the shape of the bat signal while closed. It does not make sense to be entirely close by walls if it is does not have the shape of something bat-related. Are we sure it is minifig scale ?

Guess I was not that far from the truth! 
Actual description is kind of boring, hope it will be wow when revealed. Is the GWP batrelated still scheduled? Maybe it will be the Batmobile « tube » (i don’t know of to call it) from Batman Returns. 

I thought about it all night, and actually a big bat-signal is the most logical option (or the only logical option).  The holey bat, the book opening... I don't understand why Brick Cliker talks about boxes, the shape of the bat-signal should be quite recognizable

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I thought about it all night, and actually a big bat-signal is the most logical option (or the only logical option).  The holey bat, the book opening... I don't understand why Brick Cliker talks about boxes, the shape of the bat-signal should be quite recognizable

While I do agree the batsignal would actually make sense, I think BrickClicker is being literal and the cave will indeed look like a square box.

We're officially in the era of LEGO being able to go as big as they want whenever they want, and doing so to their own detriment.

I miss the era when only Star Wars got sets that were $200+ and a cool "big special D2C" in any other theme was like $160 max. I know we've gotten fabulous big sets out of some themes, but that old D2C Arkham was just perfect for me.

13 minuti fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Mentre sono d'accordo che il batsignal avrebbe effettivamente senso, penso che BrickClicker sia letterale e la grotta sembrerà davvero una scatola quadrata.

In this case I would be speechless.  Is the enormous potential of a $400 Batcave first tied to a film and then imprisoned in an anonymous square box?  ….

24 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

We're officially in the era of LEGO being able to go as big as they want whenever they want, and doing so to their own detriment.

I miss the era when only Star Wars got sets that were $200+ and a cool "big special D2C" in any other theme was like $160 max. I know we've gotten fabulous big sets out of some themes, but that old D2C Arkham was just perfect for me.

I think the big issue here is the bizarre choices Lego has made. Like the Daily Bugle and the Sanctum Sanctorum were both cool choices and they are big enough to justify the price point. Both great sets. But who wants a giant Black Panther bust or a Hulkbuster that it grossly disproportionate just so you can stick an ugly buildable Iron Man inside? And now we’re getting a giant Batcave, which sounds like a dream come true. Except it’s based on a (IMO) boring cave design from a 30 year old movie and looks like a giant grey box when displayed. At least the giant Batmobiles and Batwing look cool.

Certainly doesn’t help either that there’s seven figures and only like 1 of them isn’t generic or a version of a character we haven’t gotten before.

Edited by psqidexslizer

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

In this case I would be speechless.  Is the enormous potential of a $400 Batcave first tied to a film and then imprisoned in an anonymous square box?  ….

56 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

And now we’re getting a giant Batcave, which sounds like a dream come true. Except it’s based on a (IMO) boring cave design from a 30 year old movie and looks like a giant grey box when displayed. At least the giant Batmobiles and Batwing look cool.

Certainly doesn’t help either that there’s seven figures and only like 1 of them isn’t generic or a version of a character we haven’t gotten before.

I know, right? Like this is such a weird thing to do. Not even extremely bad at this point, it's just plain confusing.

32 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Anyone else find it hard to believe any of these ideas focus tested well?

I'm calling it, they're gonna blame this one on lockdown too.

Do people not realize that the box opens up?  Unless I got the description wrong, there's an opening looks like the batsymbol when it's closed, but otherwise it's an open cave.

1 minute ago, doclord said:

Do people not realize that the box opens up?  Unless I got the description wrong, there's an opening looks like the batsymbol when it's closed, but otherwise it's an open cave.

Yes but why does it have that feature to begin with?

If I spent 450€ on a display set, I want to be able to see it

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

People get that, the problem is that is an insane waste of parts for a feature with such a minimal benefit that is not worth whatever price hike it caused

Edited by Renny The Spaceman

51 minuti fa, il doclord ha detto:

La gente non si rende conto che la scatola si apre? A meno che non abbia sbagliato la descrizione, c'è un'apertura che assomiglia al batsymbol quando è chiusa, ma per il resto è una grotta aperta.

the super mario cube was an iconic element which included other elements of the game but a square box what element is for batman???  but I'm still skeptical, I can't believe Lego did that.  I have to see it, we have to see it, because the more I think about it the more nervous I get :-D

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

It’s a box shaped build. The bat symbol is a window you look through when the box is shut.