Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

20 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Would Lego cancel a Burton batmobile when a Burton batwing and batcave are coming out?  that would be madness :-O

This is a good point. Either it's a tie-in to the cave and it has to come out, or the cave is coming with a batmobile and bat-boat and the batwing is the only tie-in set.

29 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Would Lego cancel a Burton batmobile when a Burton batwing and batcave are coming out?  that would be madness :-O

They could always revamp the set to be a standalone Burton movie set and release it alongside the Batwing in August(?).

Or could Lego could just not be promoting the set due to the Ezra Miller controversy, similar to how they didn’t promote their police sets back in 2020.

Or the set could come out later than expected, it could be cancelled, or Lego could just be holding off the reveal for some reason. If anyone knows what is going on they don’t seem to be saying.

41 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

It would, but we've seen stranger things than that from lego before.

9 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

They could always revamp the set to be a standalone Burton movie set and release it alongside the Batwing in August(?).

Or could Lego could just not be promoting the set due to the Ezra Miller controversy, similar to how they didn’t promote their police sets back in 2020.

Or the set could come out later than expected, it could be cancelled, or Lego could just be holding off the reveal for some reason. If anyone knows what is going on they don’t seem to be saying.

The first option is possible.
I definately don't think it's the second one, though. Most major brands are still comfortable with Flash merch, and for some reason Ezra's managed to avoid being "cancelled" despite, you know, being a monster. For all lego's talk about "brand values", I don't think they'd fail to release a flash set.  (That said, if they don't, while I would be annoyed that they're cancelling sets over any controversy, I'd at least respect them not being hypocritical. If this releases, I'm just gonna be more annoyed about the ToD, and the Osprey, and the overwatch 2 set.)

But, like you say, we really just don't know.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

We keep saying that, but have we? Like sure, Lego has no problem canceling sets, but I can't see them releasing a Batcave without a Batmobile on the shelves.

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

for some reason Ezra's managed to avoid being "cancelled" despite, you know, being a monster

Not to derrail the conversation, but like, has anyone ever actually got canceled permanently? At most, people get canceled for a couple weeks before people forget.

37 minuti fa, PGBQW ha detto:

Non per far deragliare la conversazione, ma tipo, qualcuno è mai stato cancellato in modo permanente? Al massimo, le persone vengono cancellate per un paio di settimane prima che la gente dimentichi.

gina carano from mandalorian was disintegrated for much less…

anyway yes, very strange things are happening :-D I hope some images come out soon, I hate these periods without news :-(

34 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

We keep saying that, but have we? Like sure, Lego has no problem canceling sets, but I can't see them releasing a Batcave without a Batmobile on the shelves.

The system Pattmobile and Tumbler are still on shelves, and while not the Burton batmobile, it's still a way to get batmobiles. Cancelling the Flash Batmobile would be a weird move, but not the most insane thing they've ever done. (Which in my opinion is cancelling sets when they were produced and had copies set to retailers, such as the Osprey. That said, we know the Flash Batmobile was in some form of production due to the torso leak, so who knows?)

34 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Not to derrail the conversation, but like, has anyone ever actually got canceled permanently? At most, people get canceled for a couple weeks before people forget.

Not to keep derailing it, but yeah, 100%. It's more effective on people who aren't famous, so there's not as much media, but off the top of my head, Cara Dune and Ralph Dibney haven't worked in hollywood since they were cancelled. (Gina Carano went on to do a film for a company outside of hollywood, as far as I can tell Hartley Sawyer hasn't been in anything since he was fired.). It definately ruins people's careers. Which just makes me more mad that Ezra's reportedly being considered to continue as flash, since neither of my above examples were ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

1 minute ago, Legocentrico said:

gina carano from mandalorian was disintegrated for much less…

anyway yes, very strange things are happening :-D I hope some images come out soon, I hate these periods without news :-(

Ah, got ninja'd, that was my example!

And yeah, it would be better to know SOMETHING. At this point, I'm back to I was before the "lego batman will have sets this summer" news in terms of worry about the theme. The only things we're getting are tie-ins to films, like in 2021, and we might not even be getting the tie-in to a new film, just old ones. The new cowl mold and BTAS skyline leak are the only things keeping me hopeful that they do intend to give the theme a larger continuation than the occasional film set.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The first option is possible.
I definately don't think it's the second one, though. Most major brands are still comfortable with Flash merch, and for some reason Ezra's managed to avoid being "cancelled" despite, you know, being a monster. For all lego's talk about "brand values", I don't think they'd fail to release a flash set.  (That said, if they don't, while I would be annoyed that they're cancelling sets over any controversy, I'd at least respect them not being hypocritical. If this releases, I'm just gonna be more annoyed about the ToD, and the Osprey, and the overwatch 2 set.)

But, like you say, we really just don't know.

What is your definition of "cancelled" and "monster" lol?

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The system Pattmobile and Tumbler are still on shelves, and while not the Burton batmobile, it's still a way to get batmobiles. Cancelling the Flash Batmobile would be a weird move, but not the most insane thing they've ever done. (Which in my opinion is cancelling sets when they were produced and had copies set to retailers, such as the Osprey. That said, we know the Flash Batmobile was in some form of production due to the torso leak, so who knows?)

Not to keep derailing it, but yeah, 100%. It's more effective on people who aren't famous, so there's not as much media, but off the top of my head, Cara Dune and Ralph Dibney haven't worked in hollywood since they were cancelled. (Gina Carano went on to do a film for a company outside of hollywood, as far as I can tell Hartley Sawyer hasn't been in anything since he was fired.). It definately ruins people's careers. Which just makes me more mad that Ezra's reportedly being considered to continue as flash, since neither of my above examples were ACTUAL CRIMINALS.

Ah, got ninja'd, that was my example!

And yeah, it would be better to know SOMETHING. At this point, I'm back to I was before the "lego batman will have sets this summer" news in terms of worry about the theme. The only things we're getting are tie-ins to films, like in 2021, and we might not even be getting the tie-in to a new film, just old ones. The new cowl mold and BTAS skyline leak are the only things keeping me hopeful that they do intend to give the theme a larger continuation than the occasional film set.

Ezra literally hasn't worked since the flash and is not going to. Idk who your source is that is saying he is going to continue but I wouldn't be confident of that at all

3 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

What is your definition of "cancelled" and "monster" lol?

Ezra literally hasn't worked since the flash and is not going to. Idk who your source is that is saying he is going to continue but I wouldn't be confident of that at all

"cancelled" is, generally speaking, when someone is fired for things they said on social media. If you're on video attacking people and have reports of breaking and entering, assault, battery, grooming, kidnapping, etc in multiple states, you are a "monster". These both seem generally reasonable.

On r/DCEU leaks there have been a couple sources claiming that Gunn has met with all the JL actors, and supposedly they are opening to Miller returning. (Also, of course he hasn't worked again since, he's got multiple movies that aren't out yet. Regardless, Gunn's on the record saying that they haven't yet decided "the best path forewords" with him.)  And I feel like just the fact that while when other actors/actresses are cancelled for saying stuff on twitter, the company condemns them, whereas they haven't said pretty much anything about Ezra Miller despite his, again, multiple violent crimes, is pretty good evidence that they aren't sure of being done with him yet.

But we're getting off topic. I suppose we don't know for sure that the Flash set is even coming, though at this point I am not optimistic, I feel like they would have revealed it alongside all the other flash merch today.

I'm not going to lie and say that The Flash merchandise press release excluding any mentions of Lego wasn't concerning, but I'm not giving up hope till May 1st comes and goes at this point. Yes, the set should've been found in SOME shop by now if it was locked on the 1st, but we still have 13 days to go. Otherwise, I'm thinking of two scenarios when it comes to the set:

1. Like some of you already mentioned, Lego could've delayed the set and will now release it at the same time as the minifigure scale 1989 Batwing that's coming in August so that you can get two Keaton Batman sets at once (maybe even rebranding it as a Keaton Batman set that features the Flash similar to the 2014 Riddler Chase set so that the box art won't have Ezra Miller's face on it).

2. Lego decided to repurpose this set and the Batmobile is included in the Batcave instead (maybe with that leaked Flash figure thrown in as well à la the D2C Sanctum Sanctorum having characters from more than one movie in the same set). The big downside of this though is that between the insane aftermarket prices of the 2019 GWP Batmobile and this hypothetical idea, there'd be no cheap way to get a 1989 Batmobile at a much more reasonable/affordable 45 dollar price point anymore.

I didn't include a third scenario/worst case scenario of the set going the way of the Temple of Doom because I hate thinking about that. I also hate that Lego might've potentially gotten cold feet about this set at the last minute, seeing as how it was originally supposed to be released last year and has been ready for over a year if that was the case.

Edited by TheBatstan

11 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

I'm not going to lie and say that The Flash merchandise press release excluding any mentions of Lego wasn't concerning […]

Really? The set is toast then *huh*

Eh, no big loss overall. It’s not like we’re missing out on amazing new minifigs. Hope this means they include the Burtonmobile in the Batcave instead

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Really? The set is toast then *huh*

I still don't think I'd call it toast yet, but reading this part and not seeing Lego's name anywhere when they're usually one of the first toy companies that are mentioned was a bit of a gut punch. 

fwATJUV.png

10 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I still don't think I'd call it toast yet, but reading this part and not seeing Lego's name anywhere when they're usually one of the first toy companies that are mentioned was a bit of a gut punch. 

Intriguing that most of the toys are centred around Batman. Yes he's money and yes he has all of those wonderful toys, but it's not his name on the posters. It's almost like, despite being the lead and variants of the lead, that Miller's name is a teensy bit tainted these days.

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to lego_minecraft_goat, the Flash set is dead. Good night, sweet speedster. And flights of parademons sing thee to thy doom

RIP. Was really looking forward to this set

So Batman is back to being all that remains of Lego DC. We haven't had another hero since 2020. 

I'll grant lego that they aren't hypocritical with their "brand values", but I still disagree with the removal of the set.

The only sets we're getting this year, that we know of, are a constraction batman and the two Keaton sets. Far from the revival it at first seemed. I'm sure we'll still get batman film sets for some time, but I don't think it's impossible that batman becomes a subset of lego icons within the next 5 years. "So falls the house of Wayne", as Alfred would say.

Rats. I was really looking forward to a modern Keaton Batmobile at a good price. I hope they can rework the set to release it as a Batman Returns set, but I doubt that'll happen :(

That’s disappointing :( I’m guessing this also decreases the chances of flash characters showing up in the Batcave as well. Hopefully it’ll at least include the Batmobile repurposed.

If the “Flash” set is in fact canceled then those couple of torsos and heads that got out may become some of the rarest LEGO superhero items yet.

Lego really canceled Temple of doom, Jabba’s place and the Flash set in the span of 2 months 😵‍, all i’m saying is this is some bs

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

I’m crushed by this news.

Flash is my favorite DC character and even though I do not support Ezra Miller at all, I was so excited to get a new flash fig. I also was excited to add the Keaton Batmobile next to the tumbler and Pattison Batmobile. This just sucks on every level.

obviously if the set doesn’t release this year it won’t ever be released. Best case scenario at this point is that it gets rebranded as just an 89 Batmobile and released next year OR they could just add the Batmobile to the Batcave. Personally, I’d be even more crushed if the Batmobile ends up in the cave, cause I have no space and no plans to spend that kinda $. 

why lego. why

Bruh. This is just... sigh

Why would they even do that. It really makes no sense at all. I really wanted to have this set, because The Flash is very likely going to be one of the best DC movies ever made (at least judging by the current word of mouth).