Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Lego Star Wars diorama sets were officially revealed today by brickset and those sets come out May 1st. So I'm still hopeful for the flash set. Hopefully pictures by at least 1 week from now.

18 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Confused why anyone is thinking the set has been canned when it's still listed by retailers and we've seen the figures in production. The person who posted that figure earlier this week just photoshopped a bunch of things together. I know everyone's jumpy because of the Temple of Doom and other sets. But there's nothing pointing towards it's cancellation. People have blamed WB about LEGO not making sets for their movies, well we've seen they have a lot of faith in the Flash and there's a lot of products out there promoting it. It'd be weird if the biggest toy company cancelled their set that has been finished for over a year. 

And also even if it isn't revealed by the end of the month. We've seen LEGO keep sets under-wraps right up to it's release. Look at the War on the Water. 

Just food for thought :thumbup:

when do you think the set will come out? May 1st?

LEGO seems to do reveals when they get boxed into it by leaks. Until we see anything if the Flash set, I don’t think they need to do a reveal until a week or two out. 

11 hours ago, LegoDCfan536 said:

Lego Star Wars diorama sets were officially revealed today by brickset and those sets come out May 1st. So I'm still hopeful for the flash set. Hopefully pictures by at least 1 week from now.

I would Iike to see DC sets like this.

On 4/5/2023 at 7:15 AM, Goofster said:

Yooo ashnflash, hi, yeah i doubt the set is getting canned tbh, i mean, if flash was cancelled, the 2nd marvel cmf should be too, jonathan majors became kang irl and assaulted some woman, ezra did the same thing but he went on a spree in hawaii, so yeah, it's def not cancelled, this has to be one of the biggest movies this year, and yeah, the biggest toy company wouldn't skip out (oh yeah they skipped quantumania, but it wasn't a big movie), i think saying "that has been finished for more than year" sounds like it's cancelled, but i get what you mean.

Hi there 👋 - when I say it's been done for a year, just to clarify. It's because the set was ready to go for last year's movie release date. But because the movie was delayed, LEGO delayed the set. Same thing happened with Eternals

20 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

when do you think the set will come out? May 1st?

It looks like that's the day listed on some retail sites. But I really don't know. I could see it being June or July 1st as well. 

9 hours ago, Lionbear8 said:

I would Iike to see DC sets like this.

YES! How about "You wanna get nuts!?" from Batman 89 😂

Edited by Ashnflash

14 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

It looks like that's the day listed on some retail sites. But I really don't know. I could see it being June or July 1st as well. 

Maybe, there's a lot of stuff that could be considered "spoilers" for flash: like blue batfleck, zod, etc

1 hour ago, Goofster said:

Maybe, there's a lot of stuff that could be considered "spoilers" for flash: like blue batfleck, zod, etc

Those were all in the trailer.

Just now, psqidexslizer said:

Those were all in the trailer.

So were the spidey nwh villains.

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

So were the spidey nwh villains.

To be fair, that was absolutely an accident. If it wasn't for Alfred Molina, their plan was to market it as Dr. Strange being the villain, and as such we can assume lego found out about the villains as the trailers released. (I mean sure, we all knew it beforehand, but lego almost certainly didn't have confirmation from marvel or permission to make those figures.) Batfleck and Zod, as far as we know, were never intended to be hidden, and Batfleck even has other merch. 

I mean hell, Dark Flash is the "spoiler" character, and he straight up has merch too. The only way the set would really be a spoiler is if it had figs that... could show up in other sets. I'm gonna be honest, I've done my best to forget exactly who shows up in the leaks I've read, given the absolute 

Spoiler

multiversal cameofest

the movie promises to be

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 4/5/2023 at 7:15 AM, Goofster said:

i mean, if flash was cancelled, the 2nd marvel cmf should be too, jonathan majors became kang irl and assaulted some woman

That only happened about a week ago, while Ezra has been a public menace for a few years, so LEGO would have had more time to pull the Flash set. Additionally, while Kang is only one of twelve characters in the Marvel CMF, the Flash is the main character of 76221 (the movie's logo will likely be on the box, and maybe even a picture of Ezra as Barry). These are not really comparable (from a LEGO set standpoint!), IMO, especially since Kang will very likely be recast and continue to appear in the Multiverse Saga. 

12 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Hi there 👋 - when I say it's been done for a year, just to clarify. It's because the set was ready to go for last year's movie release date. But because the movie was delayed, LEGO delayed the set. Same thing happened with Eternals

YES! How about "You wanna get nuts!?" from Batman 89 😂

Lol It could be a very lovely apartment scene with beautiful Roses inside the Joker box.  

Also Looking forward to the flash Batmobile set! 

2 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

‘Kishalego’ on YouTube has a review of the new Keaton figure from the batcave set. Gives best look at the cowl. 

I think the cowl has a very nice silhouette, and it does Keaton justice. It is way better than that rubber cowl mold for the original 89 batmobile/batwing sets 

I don't know if it's great or sad that we're getting HD looks at minifigures that are coming in D2C sets before a wide release retail set, but that video really sold me on the new cowl...except for the fact that I still don't think it works for Keaton's Batman at all. Put the cowl on a BTAS Batman and it's absolutely perfect, but I'm changing it out for a Type 2 cowl the moment I get my hands on it. I love the new face print though, I definitely want to get multiples of that.

8 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

I don't know if it's great or sad that we're getting HD looks at minifigures that are coming in D2C sets before a wide release retail set, but that video really sold me on the new cowl...except for the fact that I still don't think it works for Keaton's Batman at all. Put the cowl on a BTAS Batman and it's absolutely perfect, but I'm changing it out for a Type 2 cowl the moment I get my hands on it. I love the new face print though, I definitely want to get multiples of that.

Yup. More of the new cowl, the more I like it.... but not for Keaton. He doesn't even have white eyes in the movie!

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Is it possible that BatFleck can come in the Flash Set ?

I would be very surprised if he did. The Batmobile is very likely Keaton’s, in which case he would be the main Batman in the set. Supergirl and Younger Barry are probably the next most likely, aside from villains. 

However, I have noticed that the past three most recent Batmobile sets (the Tumbler, Classic ‘66, and The Batman) have all only come with two minifigures. Hopefully since this set is based on The Flash and not a Batman movie, it will break that trend. 

2 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

However, I have noticed that the past three most recent Batmobile sets (the Tumbler, Classic ‘66, and The Batman) have all only come with two minifigures. Hopefully since this set is based on The Flash and not a Batman movie, it will break that trend. 

Even worse: So did the batmobile before it, the 2019 one with him and Joker. 

That said, a $45 set with 2 figs, much less one based on a movie with an abundance of notable heroes and villains, is absurd, and hopefully lego realizes that.

3 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Is it possible that BatFleck can come in the Flash Set ?

Possible, but unlikely.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Even worse: So did the batmobile before it, the 2019 one with him and Joker. 

That said, a $45 set with 2 figs, much less one based on a movie with an abundance of notable heroes and villains, is absurd, and hopefully lego realizes that.

The prior Batmobiles were $30-$35, so even with LEGO's price-increases, I expect that there will be a third Minifig in a $45 Batmobile. 

Has anyone seen this Wally West Flash figure? It looks like it may be legit but the account isn’t an established leaker and they’re saying it’s from a DCAU Hall of Justice set, which we’ve never heard of. 

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Has anyone seen this Wally West Flash figure? It looks like it may be legit but the account isn’t an established leaker and they’re saying it’s from a DCAU Hall of Justice set, which we’ve never heard of. 

If I'm not mistaken, that's literally just the mighty micros flash's head on the 2014 Flash figure with the dual molded red/yellow legs added on.

In other words, it's literally a collection of existing parts. This is not real. It doesn't even try to photoshop a new print or anything like most fake leaks. Honestly not impressed with this guy. Even that 442nd trooper fake leaker had the decency to alter the colors of his.

1/10 should have been a fake leak of Klarion the Witch boy.

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

As much as I wish it was, it’s fake. Check out his first story closely, and you can see where he uses a paper decal on the torso (and even on the head too it seems).