Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

That flash pic is being floated around again. Does anyone see a difference in it compared to the 2017? I saw one guy say it’s a new mold but I swear it looks exactly like the 2017 one. 

13 minutes ago, Nylock said:

That flash pic is being floated around again. Does anyone see a difference in it compared to the 2017? I saw one guy say it’s a new mold but I swear it looks exactly like the 2017 one. 

Nope, 100% the same mold lol.

2 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Nope, 100% the same mold lol.

It looks like the same mould, but it could have a different part number due to LEGO having stopped and then restarted production (between 2017 and 2023). 

21 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Nevermind the helmet, look at the head itself.

The eyes seem to be sort of covered by a pale red-ish glasses, just like the lenses Flash has in the trailer.

I do think it's real.

17 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

The eyes seem to be sort of covered by a pale red-ish glasses, just like the lenses Flash has in the trailer.

I do think it's real.

I concur. I hope there’s some leg printing to round it out. Honestly the fig doesn’t look bad so far, just bummed about the cowl reuse. 

22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I do think it's real.

Yeah this definitely looks like something lego would do tbh, especially the gold on flash, very lego-y.

This head also has a sort of frown/determined expression, while the JL Flash had smiles on both sides. I’m super excited to be getting more leaks, hopefully we’re not far away from seeing the whole set. 

better flash head pictures out there.. of course it wasn't just a joke :-D :-P

Edited by Legocentrico

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

better flash head pictures out there.. of course it wasn't just a joke :-D :-P

I feel like something is off about the photo, looks almost like someone took a brush to make the black and orange lines. But the design of it looks really good!

8 hours ago, Goofster said:

@Classic_Spacemanask the redditor if he has info on the DC sets?

I did yesterday, he said they had no info on it :/

33 minutes ago, TheRedBarron said:

Can anyone send me the flash pic(s), I don’t have instagram and I can’t find them elsewhere 

Just sent you a message

18 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Uh, could we get a blue beetle set? Or is that off the table?

If two Shazam films couldn't get any, I wouldn't hold out hope

Peak lego DC was 2013-2018, what do you guys think? I think the theme really starting felling after The Lego Batman Movie it all became Batman-centric afterwards.

Edited by Goofster

36 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Peak lego DC was 2013-2018, what do you guys think? I think the theme really starting felling after The Lego Batman Movie it all became Batman-centric afterwards.

Oh yeah, the DC peak came and went unfortunately. I think specifically 2015/2016 was the peak and then it went downhill from there. But I’m very excited for this years sets even though they’re basically only batman themed. I hope with the Gunn’s DC we get back to some cool sets that include the rest of the JL! 

and I hate to say it…. But I’m almost convinced now that the flash set has been canceled. It’s a month away from its supposed release and typically around this time is when stores start getting them early. But we don’t even have a description for this set. 

10 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Oh yeah, the DC peak came and went unfortunately. I think specifically 2015/2016 was the peak and then it went downhill from there. But I’m very excited for this years sets even though they’re basically only batman themed. I hope with the Gunn’s DC we get back to some cool sets that include the rest of the JL! 

and I hate to say it…. But I’m almost convinced now that the flash set has been canceled. It’s a month away from its supposed release and typically around this time is when stores start getting them early. But we don’t even have a description for this set. 

If Temple of Doom got cancelled, I can absolutely see the Flash set having been cancelled unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

If Temple of Doom got cancelled, I can absolutely see the Flash set having been cancelled unfortunately. 

Yup :/

I can understand The Flash set being canned. But I find it hard to believe Lego wouldn’t just release it as a stand-alone Batmobile.

I think it's a little early to get all doom and gloom about the set, especially since there's been leaks as recent as the past week of someone actually having a (mostly complete?) Flash figure with the correct head in their possession instead of just the torso piece this time. None of the Temple of Doom minifigures ever managed to slip out from a factory and into someone's hands, so the minifigure does seem to be in the production process. April just started, there's still time before the May 1st release date.

Now if we get to the end of April and there's been no official images posted anywhere, then you can start worrying about it being cancelled.

Edited by TheBatstan

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

especially since there's been leaks as recent as the past week of someone actually having a (mostly complete?) Flash figure with the correct head in their possession instead of just the torso piece this time.

The guy that posted the head deleted the image. Guess it was fake after all. he kept the image of the cowl one up, but not sure if that means anything. So we basically only have the torso leak from October.

I’m not completely convinced that the set is canceled, however I do not remember a time that a playset had no set description leaked a month before its release. And for that reason I think it’s fine to consider that this set may have been shelved. 

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I can understand The Flash set being canned. But I find it hard to believe Lego wouldn’t just release it as a stand-alone Batmobile.

I can definitely see Lego repackaging the set in that way. And if that’s the case we may see this set towards the end of the year. 

Confused why anyone is thinking the set has been canned when it's still listed by retailers and we've seen the figures in production. The person who posted that figure earlier this week just photoshopped a bunch of things together. I know everyone's jumpy because of the Temple of Doom and other sets. But there's nothing pointing towards it's cancellation. People have blamed WB about LEGO not making sets for their movies, well we've seen they have a lot of faith in the Flash and there's a lot of products out there promoting it. It'd be weird if the biggest toy company cancelled their set that has been finished for over a year. 

And also even if it isn't revealed by the end of the month. We've seen LEGO keep sets under-wraps right up to it's release. Look at the War on the Water. 

Just food for thought :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Yooo ashnflash, hi, yeah i doubt the set is getting canned tbh, i mean, if flash was cancelled, the 2nd marvel cmf should be too, jonathan majors became kang irl and assaulted some woman, ezra did the same thing but he went on a spree in hawaii, so yeah, it's def not cancelled, this has to be one of the biggest movies this year, and yeah, the biggest toy company wouldn't skip out (oh yeah they skipped quantumania, but it wasn't a big movie), i think saying "that has been finished for more than year" sounds like it's cancelled, but i get what you mean.

It’s very possible Lego is doing what they did with the police sets back in 2020 and just not advertising the Flash set due to the controversy surrounding the subject matter.