Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Damn, no Batfamily or comic villains then. That blows. I’m glad that I won’t spend $500 on this now but hopefully we actually get more comic sets in the future. 

I'm really going to need to see this set, because I'm not the biggest fan of the Burton films and I would have been dead set on a comics version. This leaves me a little bit meh.

Edit: this also means that the minifigure count is going to be really low considering the scale of the set. It's going to have to be outstanding.

Edited by RedHoodPug

4 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I'm really going to need to see this set, because I'm not the biggest fan of the Burton films and I would have been dead set on a comics version. This leaves me a little bit meh.

Edit: this also means that the minifigure count is going to be really low considering the scale of the set. It's going to have to be outstanding.

Exactly. Let's look through the absolute max amount of figs we can get for the Burton films:

New, desirable figs: Returns batsuit, Penguin, Catwoman

Semi Desirable: 89 Batsuit, Joker, Alfred

Could be/will be included but not very interesting: Vicky Vale, Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle, Max Shreck... Joker goons? Circus freaks?

That's like 12-15 figs AT A STRETCH, with only 6 of them being remotely desirable. This is pretty rough, figure wise. Which wouldn't have been an issue.... if the build wasn't condemned to be a Burton build. The comics cave has a variety of interesting artifacts and elements to it, whereas the burton batcave has... walls.

I hope we get Max Shreck as a minfig, along with penguins henchmen to fill in the fig count. There were enough unique henchmen designs in that movie to warrant figs (Fire breather, fat clown, lady with Victorian dress and her little dog, etc etc) I hope we get Selina Kyle with the Monica Rambeau hairpiece but blonde.

As for vehicles, I hope we get the bat-ski jet and Penguin's duck mobile. The vault of Bat-suits is a must for me 

what if it only contains Batman, Penguin, Catwoman?  Three minifigures like other Batman D2Cs? :-P 

I too would have preferred comics.  A bit disappointing :-/

I really don't like getting negative, and I'm sure the set will look extremely good, but I genuinely could not care less.

Like sure, I like Keaton's Batman, but what are we going to get? 4 cool looking characters? And then what? Christopher Walken in an office suit?

This set better have 20 penguin figures.

Edit: I just saw the Penguin minifigure. He looks... Plain? Don't get me wrong, the print looks very well done, but nothing about him seems extremely recognisable to me. You could've told me he's from a LoTR set and I'd believed you.

Edited by PGBQW

Technically, aren’t the Schumacher films supposed to be sequels to the Burton ones?

If LEGO considers them so, then they could potentially include Two-Face, Riddler, Robin, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Bane, and Mr. Freeze. Plus the Bat-nipple suit and the Bat-credit card. 

Honestly, there’s probably an extremely low chance for that to happen. However, I would love a Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze. 

2 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

Plus the Bat-nipple suit and the Bat-credit card. 

I promise, if they do that I'm getting the set.

Okay, hold on. Back when we thought the Batcave was going to be comic inspired, we assumed part of the budged and piece count would be dedicated to a batmobile/batwing.

But now we know this is keaton's cave. And we also know we're getting standalone sets for both of those vehicles.

So... The Batcave definetly wont include them. Won't it feel too empty without any vehicles? (yes, I am aware that's what they're banking on, but still). 

Edited by PGBQW

Schumacher minifigures would make this set mildly more interesting, along with maybe Supergirl and a new Flash variant since this set is releasing around the same time as The Flash (like the Sanctum and Multiverse of Madness). 

IMO though, none of that holds a candle to the possible new comic-based figures we could’ve gotten. Alfred, Red Robin, Spoiler, Cassandra Cain, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Hush, I could go on. Damn, this set had so much potential. 

Do you guys think we'll get a Batboat or something like that?

I'm extremely curious about how this will look. Keaton's batcave is extremely minimalistic, just a computer in the middle of a cave. So there's no way most of the pieces are rocks.

Is the Wayne Manor back on the table? Not the whole thing, I was thinking about something in the lines of the 66 Batcave

21 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Do you guys think we'll get a Batboat or something like that?

I'm extremely curious about how this will look. Keaton's batcave is extremely minimalistic, just a computer in the middle of a cave. So there's no way most of the pieces are rocks.

Is the Wayne Manor back on the table? Not the whole thing, I was thinking about something in the lines of the 66 Batcave

I think there's enough points of interest if it takes inspiration from all three films. I suspect we'll see:

• The Batcomputer
  • Round platform for parking the Batmobile
  • Gantry for storing the Batwing
  • Batboat with docking area
  • The Penguin's Duckmobile
  • Batsuit vault
  • Various catwalks connecting the different areas together

Unlike the 66 Batcave this set is rumored to be fully enclosed so I'm assuming the rock work will still take up a large portion of the piece count.

I genuinely cannot fathom that this is going to be a $500 Keaton batcave with neither the batwing or Batmobile. This is just bizarre to me.

It’s gotta include some Schumacher figs right? RIGHT? Getting Riddler, twoface bane poison ivy and Mr. Freeze would be a dream come true and frankly it’s the only way this set would be worth while to me. They could have the bat boat from returns and the Batmobile from forever.

But if they limit it to JUST Keaton and even IF it included flash movie figs like supergirl and dark flash, I cannot image how lego is going flesh out an empty batcave. I’ll reserve my judgement until I actually see it, but $500 is a lot of money and I wanna get a lot of good and interesting figs for that kinda cash lol.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:51 PM, Huigberts Builds said:

If it turns out to be the Keaton batcave we might not see any batmobiles included at all, rather they might leave a space open to store the batmobile and batwing that comes in the other sets. So maybe the batskiboat will come in the set?

Speaking of the possibility of a Keaton batcave, remember how the Daily Bugle was designed because the designers weren't really able to work on any MCU sets because of covid? (Or something like that.) What if, because of the many delays for the flash movie, they decided to take that delay as an opportunity to design a complimenting batcave for that set. Which opens up the possibility for more flash related figures. However that obviously wouldn't be too good for the bat family and other figures (unless they decided to put Batman and Robin and Batman Forever into the mix)

My throwaway speculation from last month is starting to look more and more like it might become reality, yikes. I'm really having mixed feelings about this. On one hand is Batman Returns my favourite Batman movie, and the figures that could be included are long desired ones, on the other hand this might not be the set we wanted them to appear in, nor does it bode well for the minifigure count, of which I was sceptical anyway. I also feel like the leaks we've gotten for the figures are rather meh. Penguin's printing is good, but he needed a new hair/hat combo. Then there's Batman, the new batcowl looks interesting, but isn't as good as the previous keaton one we've gotten (playability asside.) Vehicle wise it will probably be very bare-bones, although then again that might be a good thing as now they can fully focus on the cave itself. However speaking of the cave itself, I do like the look of the Keaton Cave, but it's way more simple, and rather empty than the comic versions for example. Ofcourse if it's big enough that might leave plenty of room to put in some of our own modifications, like a T-Rex, something that wasn't really that easy to do before. I really can't tell how I will end up liking this set. I'll have to see the entire thing. It can go both ways honestly. This really is Schrödinger's Batcave imo xD.

I mean the Keaton Batcave is very comic book-ish isnt it? 

Catwoman is a given then.

I dont know if the Burton versions of Catwoman and Penguin will have any relevance in upcoming Flash movie

People keep saying that they may not include the batmobile or batwing to entice people to purchase the other 2 Keaton sets coming out, but that still leaves us with the inclusion of the bat ski jet which to my knowledge isn't getting a separate set like the other 2 vehicles. I'd bet a lot of money that we are getting it in the batcave 

1 minute ago, hvader said:

RIP $450

You will be missed

Use the bat credit card, I never leave the cave without it 

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

Just saw the penguin fig. Really low effort. I can’t imagine designing a $450 set based on a movie and missing that bad. That’s Danny Devito? Seriously?

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The comics cave has a variety of interesting artifacts and elements to it, whereas the burton batcave has... walls.

Scorching burn there! :laugh:

I've not been following this much, but when I first hear about it, I had Brett Waller's batcave in mind, but this clearly won't be anything like that. I'd love to say confidently that they will do something awesome with a $450 budget, but then we got the Black Panther bust and Hulkbuster, so...

It will be interesting to see how they approach it. I love the Keaton batcave as a dark and brooding backdrop for a movie. I don't think I could love it as a LEGO set.

Maybe the Batwing design from The Flash could be included?  It is a different design from the 1989 version we're getting as a set.  I'd be surprised if the Bat-Skiboat wasn't included.  

I think the biggest things that disappoint me is that we can't get any new Bat-Family members, new villains, or a proper trophy room if it's the Keaton version of the cave. Plus there's less potential for interesting easter eggs that could be included. Because of that, the Batcave went from being the D2C I would've probably been most interested in, to now sitting below two (possibly three depending on what the Marvel D2C is) other D2C sets for this year in terms of hype I'm interested in.