Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

It’s kind of interesting that this cowl doesn’t seem to be based on a live action one; the second cowl seemed to be based off Bale’s and the third Affleck’s but this is more like the first cowl where it’s a general Batman cowl.

I guess it could be argued that it’s a mix of the second and third cowls to some extent.

Edited by SuperSquidman

15 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Man, whoever took that first picture of the new cowl really wanted to make it look bad, it looks MUCH better now in terms of the proportions to the rest of the minifigure. The eyes are still just a little too big, and the ears aren't long enough to be used for Keaton's Batman (I guess I'll be using the type 2 cowl for this figure after all), but overall it's a vast improvement over the other image. The Batman Returns torso print looks spectacular as well. I wonder if this is really going to be for the "Batman 1992" polybag, because if it is, it's going to sell like crazy.

Yeah, it looks much better here. I'm still not sold on the sort of curve to the sides, it makes his head look a little too bulbous compared to the type 2 and 3 cowls, but type 4 isn't the absolute joke it first appeared to be. I don't necessarily think I'd swap it out of my Batman figures.

15 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

It’s kind of interesting that this cowl doesn’t seem to be based on a live action one; the second cowl seemed to be based off Bale’s and the third Affleck’s but this is more like the first cowl where it’s a general Batman cowl.

You're pretty close, but the third cowl was first used for the New 52 Batman in 2015 before going to Batfleck and then becoming the default cowl used for the two Rebirth Batsuits/the 2000s Hush Batsuit from the 2021 accessory pack. And even then, Affleck's cowl was pretty much just a copy of how Jim Lee draws the cowl in the comics with the short ears, so it's more so a comic cowl rather than a specific live action cowl.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, it looks much better here. I'm still not sold on the sort of curve to the sides, it makes his head look a little too bulbous compared to the type 2 and 3 cowls, but type 4 isn't the absolute joke it first appeared to be. I don't necessarily think I'd swap it out of my Batman figures.

I can't wait to actually get it in my hands to see which Batman it could be used for. I can already see this cowl being used for the potentially rumored BTAS set, it looks like it'll fit that version perfectly. For a figure like Battinson on the other hand, I think I'm going to have to stick with type 3 unless Lego actually develops a few brain cells and makes another new cowl piece for The Batman Part II in 2025.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

You're pretty close, but the third cowl was first used for the New 52 Batman in 2015 before going to Batfleck and then becoming the default cowl used for the two Rebirth Batsuits/the 2000s Hush Batsuit from the 2021 accessory pack. And even then, Affleck's cowl was pretty much just a copy of how Jim Lee draws the cowl in the comics with the short ears, so it's more so a comic cowl rather than a specific live action cowl.

I can't wait to actually get it in my hands to see which Batman it could be used for. I can already see this cowl being used for the potentially rumored BTAS set, it looks like it'll fit that version perfectly. For a figure like Battinson on the other hand, I think I'm going to have to stick with type 3 unless Lego actually develops a few brain cells and makes another new cowl piece for The Batman Part II in 2025.

I thought I heard the type 3 cowl was originally designed for the Affleck Batman but first used for the New 52 figure due to the Dawn Of Justice sets being delayed due to the film’s delay but I could be mistaken

37 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

I thought I heard the type 3 cowl was originally designed for the Affleck Batman but first used for the New 52 figure due to the Dawn Of Justice sets being delayed due to the film’s delay but I could be mistaken

That...actually sounds plausible. I completely forgot that BVS was originally supposed to come out in 2015. Maybe I'm wrong then.

What a cool helmet!! The possibilities for this is vast, and I wouldnt even complain if they used this for Battinson

30 minutes ago, TheRedBarron said:

I hope we get it in more than black, a flat silver version would be amazing for upgrading my armored Batman custom to look more like he did in TDKR 

Why stop there? They should also make one in blue!

I’ve really become fond of the new cowl since the newest picture released. I’ve looked at it a fair bit.
Additionally it feels like new life and/or vitality has been injected/put into the DC theme. I’m looking forward to seeing any and all of the new sets releasing.

Edited by SuperSquidman

1 hour ago, SuperSquidman said:

I’ve really become fond of the new cowl since the newest picture released. I’ve looked at it a fair bit.
Additionally it feels like new life and/or vitality has been injected/put into the DC theme. I’m looking forward to seeing any and all of the new sets releasing.

If anything, the new cowl is evidence of that. No reason to make a new, comic-looking cowl if you aren't planning on continuing the theme. 

3 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Why stop there?

DETECTIVE-COMICS-241-001_5b9b072107f961.

I genuinely think you're the greatest mind this sub has ever known, this idea is golden

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If anything, the new cowl is evidence of that. No reason to make a new, comic-looking cowl if you aren't planning on continuing the theme. 

To me it certainly is! I hope this new vitality is reflected in the designs of the other figures; say for instance it would be kind of nice to see a Joker minifigure in the batcave that doesn’t use the 2012 hair peace and a variation of that year’s Joker face. Things along those lines. I hope everything feels fresh.

35 minuti fa, SuperSquidman ha detto:

Per me lo è sicuramente! Spero che questa nuova vitalità si rifletta nei disegni delle altre figure; diciamo per esempio che sarebbe bello vedere una minifigure di Joker nella batcaverna che non usa la pace dei capelli del 2012 e una variazione della faccia di Joker di quell'anno. Cose lungo queste linee. Spero che tutto si senta fresco.

brother keep your expectations low… you risk getting hurt :-D

Excellent news, I may have to take a look at this now. I must admit, I'm hoping it includes more than just the cast of Returns, but as long as we get a Catwoman and an accurate Bruce Wayne, I'll be pretty happy (and of course, it looks good).

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Does this confirm Keaton Batcave? Couldn't he be from one of the unknown sets, or the 92 polybag?

Batcave is Keaton

On 2/20/2023 at 6:30 AM, TheBatstan said:

Maybe it's because I've been on a bit of a Keaton Batman kick ever since I saw The Flash trailer, but besides the possibility of being an extremely detailed Arkham, I'm willing to bet it'll be his Batcave. I just feel like with Lego making the 1989 Batmobile and Batwing, they'd tie it all together with the Batcave so that you can keep everything in one place. Though out of the two Batcave designs that were in the Burton movies, the one from Batman Returns has a lot more set potential with all that's in it, especially the costume vault with the dozens of spare Batsuits. You know Lego would include that in order to justify a reason to buy multiples of the Keaton Batsuit minifigure.

t7gOlAT.png

76e679e485e796e30c7fb40ab2f86907

I hate being right. At least we'll get that costume vault (or maybe even the updated one from The Flash with those amazing looking alternate Batsuits).

TzpFmr9.png

Edited by TheBatstan

This.....is a dream come true since I was a kid.....I always pretended that the 2006 batcave was the Batman Returns Batcave anyway. I can't wait for this set.