Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Glad it was fake, I wanted something more substantial for the price, and a curved windscreen.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I miss the times when you googled preliminary images easily, something interesting leaked almost every day, and those who wanted 5 minutes of popularity were not in the lego world

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Photo's a fake, cheers to LMG for pointing out that it's from an off brand

I knew this would happen and I got my hopes up high once again.

I had a feeling that image was from a bootleg when none of the other major leak accounts on IG were reposting it as well. The front looked very simplified and would've been a huge let down for me if it was legit. With how many innovations Lego has made in the past few years in the Speed Champions line which they later spread out to other themes (such as the 2 seater chassis piece that was used for The Batman Batmobile and Tumbler), I really found it hard to believe that they would make a new 1989 Batmobile that was a 1 seater again and NOT use the 2 seater piece. 

The blank yellow 1x1 round tile pieces used for the hubcaps that had mini bat symbols on them felt like another dead giveaway when you remember that Lego has already made that piece with a bat symbol printed on it (as well as in a slightly more accurate light bluish grey color), so why not reuse it here if this was the real thing?

Ha. The plain yellow hubs and the overall finish of the build made my brain go straight to render rather than knock-off. Glad it is what it is, I wouldn't have been interested in it.

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lol, we were fooled so easily.

I really want to see that set tho.

Same here. It's got to be soon, too, right? The movie itself comes out in only a few months.

Though I maintain that if they make this set, they've got no grounds for cancelling stuff like the overwatch 2 set anymore.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Though I maintain that if they make this set, they've got no grounds for cancelling stuff like the overwatch 2 set anymore.

Those situations cannot be directly compared. Sure, the optics of your main star going on a crazy crimespree aren‘t great, but at the end of the day, those are the actions of one person. It‘s not like the director, the producers, the former heads of DC, and half of the cast joined in on the „fun“.

What happened at Activision/Blizzard on the other hand was systematic and involved MANY employees. It‘s arguably the biggest scandal a videogame company was ever involved in. I don‘t blame anyone for not wanting to be associated with them anymore :tongue:

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not even slightly comparable.

Ezra Miller did a number of questionable things, including assault and things like having bullets scattered around his house. The whole thing went silent after a while, and Ezra is supposedly getting help. Saying all that, it's a single person from a huge blockbuster.

The other case concerns a video game company where one of the female employees killed herself, we've heard about countless cases of sexual harassment, and a group of male employees was glorifying Bill Cosby. This is the biggest scandal in the gaming industry, ever.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same here. It's got to be soon, too, right? The movie itself comes out in only a few months.

I think there is a very big difference there. 

I really liked Fury of the Gods and I'm disappointed we didn't get a set! The dragon is a pretty unique design and the costumes on the Daughters of Atlas were incredible. I also far prefer the new Shazamily costumes to the first movie's so I really would've loved any minifigures based on the movie. Oh well...

To everyone saying it's not the same... sure. It's not the exact same situation. Instead of a larger number of people committing a lower number of crimes, it was one dude going on a geneva convention speedrun. But I feel like making a minifigure of a character played by the IRL reverse flash is at least around the same level as making a set based on an IP owned by a company that had a number of people who committed harassment. It's not like the employees played the characters in the game (one character's name aside). I don't think either set should be (or have been) cancelled, I'm just saying that the justification lego gives for cancelling that set is a little dulled when they're finally giving us another reverse flash minfig. 

43 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I really liked Fury of the Gods and I'm disappointed we didn't get a set! The dragon is a pretty unique design and the costumes on the Daughters of Atlas were incredible. I also far prefer the new Shazamily costumes to the first movie's so I really would've loved any minifigures based on the movie. Oh well...

I KNOW! It's one of my favorite DCEU movies. The dragon would have been an awesome set, as would the daughters of atlas have been excellent figs (Also, it's most notable with Kalypso, but their costumes bear similarities to wonder woman's, which is super cool since they've got the same lore background). If anything, it'd just be sad that we likely wouldn't be able to get all the daughters, much less the full Shazamily. They could maybe have done a second set based on the Shazamily lair, but I can't see the 2 sets individually including 9+ unique figs between them.

I suspect getting all the important characters from Fury of the Gods would have required an Eternals-sized wave of sets.  That wouldn't have been very hard to do considering the number of notable creatures/locations, but I guess LEGO didn't want to take the risk.

5 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I suspect getting all the important characters from Fury of the Gods would have required an Eternals-sized wave of sets.  That wouldn't have been very hard to do considering the number of notable creatures/locations, but I guess LEGO didn't want to take the risk.

It didn’t feature the Caped Crusader. Think of the DC range as being a flatline with a very occasional spike that looks remarkably like the shape of a bat cowl. Aquaman was the last one I remember getting a dedicated tie-in set for.

41 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Aquaman was the last one I remember getting a dedicated tie-in set for.

*angry guitar riff*

SFotG would‘ve made for some nice sets, but it‘s not hard to see why they opted not to make any. The first Shazam was a mild success and the sequel has been projected to perform quite poorly for a while now. The DCEU being on its way out doesn‘t help either.

And I‘m certain the only reason we‘re getting a Flash set is because two version of  Batsy are featured in the film :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The first Shazam was a mild success and the sequel has been projected to perform quite poorly for a while now. The DCEU being on its way out doesn‘t help either.

For real, and the fact it's getting no marketing doesn't help either.

Until y'all commented about the movie I forgot it was supposed to come out.

9 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It didn’t feature the Caped Crusader. Think of the DC range as being a flatline with a very occasional spike that looks remarkably like the shape of a bat cowl. Aquaman was the last one I remember getting a dedicated tie-in set for.

WW84

3 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

WW84

Huh, blanked that one out. I’m glad to have a non-Bat set, but I would have happily taken a Shazam set. Lego made some bizarre decisions regarding DCEU sets.

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Huh, blanked that one out. I’m glad to have a non-Bat set, but I would have happily taken a Shazam set. Lego made some bizarre decisions regarding DCEU sets.

Fitting since the DCEU also made some pretty bizarre decisions.

It's funny (and sad) because the DCEU sets had a strong start. 3 sets for Man of Steel, 3 again for BVS + one polybag and I guess the Knightmare Batman accessory pack from 2018...then it started to sort of fall apart. Lego skipped making direct tie-in sets for Suicide Squad for obvious reasons, Wonder Woman got just one set, and Justice League got the 3 set treatment again because it was supposed to be the film that really kicked things off. From what I've heard people say, those sets sold horribly and from that point onward, a DCEU movie would be lucky to even get 1 set like Aquaman did. Nothing for Shazam, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad (this one I can understand because of the R rating), Black Adam and now Shazam: FoTG. Wonder Woman '84 was the last DCEU movie to have gotten a tie-in set before The Flash, and even then that set is pretty much an excuse for Lego to make a wide release version of the 1989 Batmobile GWP after it sold out within hours on the first day back in 2019.

Batfleck is going to have an incomplete minifigure collection for years because he'll be missing his final Batsuit from The Flash. Even other companies like Spin Master and McFarlane are still making action figures of him along with his Batcycle despite Affleck saying he's only in the movie for 5 minutes. However, I saw this 95% purist custom on Instagram from delta.png that uses the torso and legs from the BVS armored Batman and it's easily the best way to make his suit yourself without resorting to making a custom torso print, there's even some blue on it already:

j7goaLj.png

Edited by TheBatstan

5 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

However, I saw this 95% purist custom on Instagram from delta.png that uses the torso and legs from the BVS armored Batman and it's easily the best way to make his suit yourself without resorting to making a custom torso print, there's even some blue on it already

This works really well!

Really really wanna see the flash set. A shame I was fooled by that fake before, I had expected and hoped that it would’ve been leaked by now. Its surprising to me that this set was supposed to come out last summer (I think) and we still don’t have any info on it. So late in the game I’d be satisfied just knowing what minifigs we are getting.

If any leakers are listening please give us somethin 🙏

5 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

It's funny (and sad) because the DCEU sets had a strong start. 3 sets for Man of Steel, 3 again for BVS + one polybag and I guess the Knightmare Batman accessory pack from 2018...then it started to sort of fall apart. Lego skipped making direct tie-in sets for Suicide Squad for obvious reasons, Wonder Woman got just one set, and Justice League got the 3 set treatment again because it was supposed to be the film that really kicked things off. From what I've heard people say, those sets sold horribly and from that point onward, a DCEU movie would be lucky to even get 1 set like Aquaman did. Nothing for Shazam, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad (this one I can understand because of the R rating), Black Adam and now Shazam: FoTG. Wonder Woman '84 was the last DCEU movie to have gotten a tie-in set before The Flash, and even then that set is pretty much an excuse for Lego to make a wide release version of the 1989 Batmobile GWP after it sold out within hours on the first day back in 2019.

Batfleck is going to have an incomplete minifigure collection for years because he'll be missing his final Batsuit from The Flash. Even other companies like Spin Master and McFarlane are still making action figures of him along with his Batcycle despite Affleck saying he's only in the movie for 5 minutes. However, I saw this 95% purist custom on Instagram from delta.png that uses the torso and legs from the BVS armored Batman and it's easily the best way to make his suit yourself without resorting to making a custom torso print, there's even some blue on it already:

There are a couple things I'd add (BoP was also R, I believe, and we did get a Shazam polybag and a loose tie-in, if not a dedicated system set), but this is generally pretty accurate.

That is a really nice purist custom, I think I'll be making that one myself. (Though it reminds me that the official BVS armored suit doesn't use that cowl but the type 2 cowl, when the type 3 cowl seems MADE for the armored suit)

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That is a really nice purist custom, I think I'll be making that one myself. (Though it reminds me that the official BVS armored suit doesn't use that cowl but the type 2 cowl, when the type 3 cowl seems MADE for the armored suit)

The ears on the type 2 cowl are indeed too long, but I think Lego used that cowl on the armored suit because the thick chin strap section looks more like the movie helmet, especially in silver. It would've been nice to get a dedicated mould for it though, as it really needed the short ears and a bit more angular shaping.