Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

3 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Until proven wrong I’m prepared to consider the possibility that the cowl is for one Batman while the torso is from another. It’s not the first time that this has happened in a leaked photo.

True, but that would imply we're getting factory leaks from several sets when we dont even have descriptions

58 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LEGO really didn't understand the assignment here did they?

It gets hot under the cowl. Batman needs a sweatband. Don’t judge. :p

I love how the minifig is based on Batman Returns. It doesn't look like the updated suit from the Flash as it had a gold utility belt. We are getting the 1989 batwing set so this version of the suit just isn't accurate if they are doing a legacy set for the 89 film 

15 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Its from The Flash set

the suit is from Batman Returns, the new flash suit has a silver belt and some more panel lines all over the body 

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I love how the minifig is based on Batman Returns. It doesn't look like the updated suit from the Flash as it had a gold utility belt. We are getting the 1989 batwing set so this version of the suit just isn't accurate if they are doing a legacy set for the 89 film 

the suit is from Batman Returns, the new flash suit has a silver belt and some more panel lines all over the body 

There's a 92 polybag, maybe it's the batman returns suit.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

would they have a mini build of a batman vehicle and a minifig?

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

True, but that would imply we're getting factory leaks from several sets when we dont even have descriptions

But not impossible. Not that long ago the idea of a particular set being cancelled was considered impossible by some/many, and look how that panned out. Both the Flash set and the cave are rumoured for this year. Stands to reason that someone could feasibly have figures from both in hand.

6 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

We are getting the 1989 batwing set so this version

You're right, I totally forgor about that

6 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I assumed they were working on concept art and thats why it was innacurate to the flash movie, but you're right

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Do you think they'd make a new prinr for a polybag in 2023?

52 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

But not impossible. Not that long ago the idea of a particular set being cancelled was considered impossible by some/many, and look how that panned out. Both the Flash set and the cave are rumoured for this year. Stands to reason that someone could feasibly have figures from both in hand.

Oh, I think you're probably right, this just seems to be a very strange time for leaks

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

More pictures of the new minifigure leaked, and for some reason one of his face prints still includes goggles :jollyroger:

do you think they are true?  looks like photoshop

So we have a Batman Returns suit with a new comic style cowl and old style minifigure head.. what a mess :-D The Flash batmobile should contain a different suit, the Batwing contains Joker so it's not Returns (can't remember either if he uses the Batwing in that movie), maybe it's really the polybag minifigure?  Or the Batcave is Barton inspired

Edited by Legocentrico

32 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

maybe it's really the polybag minifigure?

Do we get new prints for polybags anymore?

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

It‘s been so long, I don‘t even remember the last time we got a polybag figure with new prints :laugh_hard: 2018 or 2019 perhaps?

16 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Do you mean the hood?  If it's in the sets, and it's the new standard cap, why not?  With lego there is no fixed rule, we had for the first time an MCU set without minifigures, no one expected that… the Flash set was planned for last year, the hood may be ready from last year, and a massive release this year… i don't know, just speculation as always, evaluate all options… i know it will eventually be something no one had thought of before :-P

13 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

È passato così tanto tempo, non ricordo nemmeno l'ultima volta che abbiamo preso una figura in polybag con nuove stampe:laugh_hard: 2018 o 2019 forse?

Cap marvel 2020 was new

ps. I don't understand if "print" means new piece or new design

Edited by Legocentrico

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

Do you mean the hood?

No, I mean the torso print.

We know that torso is, at the very least, not based on Batman 89.

It could be based on concept art for the Flash movie, thus explaining why it has a golden belt instead of a black one.

But assuming that's not the case, the torso is, either exclusive for the polybag or we're getting another Returns set?

Or maybe the Batman vs Joker set will include a 92' Batman fig and a 89' Joker?

Edited by PGBQW

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

More pictures of the new minifigure leaked, and for some reason one of his face prints still includes goggles :jollyroger:

Where can you see them? 

2 ore fa, PGBQW ha detto:

No, intendo la stampa del busto.

the print of the bust is not so unusual, ok in the last 2 years we have not had, but lego could bring back… or that same batman appears both in the set and in the polybag

Well, making a new cowl seemed like a giant waste now if they're still using the goggles/headband anyways. But looking on the bright side, it's like Lego made one face with the goggles because they knew the molded cowl wouldn't be well received by many, so you'll still be able swap it out with the better looking Type 1/2/3 cowls. Plus after so many years, we have a new facial expression instead of the scowl facial expression that's been used since 2012. This one reminds me a lot more of the 2006 Batman face but with cheekbones, and I can definitely see this face working with the Bale and Pattinson Batman's a lot better than the 2012 head. The alternate normal Bruce Wayne face is something that has been a LONG time coming too, you'd think Lego would've done that from the very beginning with the 2006 sets since the cowl piece covers the entire head anyways.

But if there's one thing that the new cowl is going to be useful for, it's being able to finally stick a black head under it so that Batman can look like this. When I was a kid I used to use a black Sharpie to color in the mouth area as a way to get around it, but not anymore:

Looking Back at Batman: The Animated Series – The Nerds of Color

7 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Plus after so many years, we have a new facial expression instead of the scowl facial expression that's been used since 2012. 

But if there's one thing that the new cowl is going to be useful for, it's being able to finally stick a black head under it so that Batman can look like this. 

I still think the new cowl will look better in better pictures.

And with it we don't just have one new batman expression, we have almost every expression they've ever made now compatible with this new batman cowl. I could be used for Batman beyond with a black head like you've suggested for a shadowed face batman, or with a grey beard/stubble for a Thomas Wayne batman or it could help out stop motion animators and make him much more expressive or it could be used by people swapping out all Thier fleshies for yellow skin. The potential here is huge.

I was watching these videos where ai versions of some of the presidents rank the LEGO Star Wars battle packs and it occurred to me that LEGO could do something similar (a similar “gimmick” line that’s not Mighty Micros or mechs (that has something of an emphasis on battle)) for the superhero themes: “Versus Sets”.

They would be these sets that have a hero figure and a villain figure with a side build or two (releasing two or three sets for both the Marvel and DC themes every wave); a good idea of these, arguably serving as blueprints, are the 2013 76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown and 76008 Iron Man Vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown sets.

There could be “Superman Vs. Bizarro” and “Batman Vs. The Phantasm”, and for Marvel, “Wolverine Vs. Sabertooth” and “Iron Man Vs. The Crimson Dynamo”, among many others for both themes.

Edited by SuperSquidman

1 hour ago, SuperSquidman said:

There could be “Superman Vs. Bizarro” and “Batman Vs. The Phantasm”, and for Marvel, “Wolverine Vs. Sabertooth” and “Iron Man Vs. The Crimson Dynamo”, among many others for both themes

More like "IronMan vs AIM goon", "Captain America vs Outrider" and "Batman vs Joker"

Shazam: Fury of the Gods was... somehow.... the second or third best DCEU movie ever? It had no right being as good as it was. I REALLY wish we got at least one set. A wave would be nice to get the full Shazamily, but at the very least I would have loved a set something like:

Fury of the Gods ($49.99): Large Ladon dragon build with Shazam, Mary Marvel, Anthea, and Kalypso.

Even then, we'd miss out on Freddy, the Wizard, Hespera, and the other Shazamily members. Not to mention the end cameo, which we still haven't gotten that outfit of yet.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

More like "IronMan vs AIM goon", "Captain America vs Outrider" and "Batman vs Joker"

Perfect! :laugh_hard: