Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

50 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do see the resemblance. There are no TAS sets rumoured for this year though :shrug_oh_well:  Then again, they might be planning ahead for that Gotham skyline set from the survey leak

There's also 0 chance it doesnt show up in the 500€ Batcave.

Like there's no way the new mould's budget came out of the batmobile

Just in that picture, I don't hate the cowl. As someone who dislikes the new Iron Man helmet piece for most prints, I can live with this cowl.

I think part of the problem is that the cape looks way too thin next to the cowl

It’s the first new part DC has gotten since the WW84 set, so I’m not complaining :laugh: Also, I’m so sick and tired of the old two cowls that I welcome any change with open arms, bulky is that piece may be

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Given how dual moulded minifigure parts are oversized 90% of the time, this definitely has something to do with Lego’s own manufacturing processes and standards right? There’s no way they’d intentionally make these pieces that large.

Saying that, I kind of like it. It certainly could be better but it’s nice to finally see a new Batman cowl. 

9 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Given how dual moulded minifigure parts are oversized 90% of the time, this definitely has something to do with Lego’s own manufacturing processes and standards right? There’s no way they’d intentionally make these pieces that large.

Makes sense! The plastic probably needs a certain thickness in order not to snap.

Good thing they went for dual-moulding rather than printing. That would never have worked :snicker:

I like!  and I hope that anticipate a great lego return to DC comics!

And perhaps, with the return of a DC line, and therefore fewer slots available, Lego will return to focus on Marvel playsets, decreasing the buildable objects.

Edited by Legocentrico

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do see the resemblance. There are no TAS sets rumoured for this year though :shrug_oh_well:  Then again, they might be planning ahead for that Gotham skyline set from the survey leak

Now I'm wondering again if the Batcave could be from TAS.

The new cowl is interesting. It's awesome to get a new piece but it does seem comical and more fitting for a minifigure from the animated series. The cape is definitely an issue too. I hate the singe-hole capes LEGO has been doing recently because they don't lie flat against the minifigure's back and don't wrap around their shoulders as nicely. A standard double-hole cape would look better with this cowl for sure. 

32 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The new cowl is interesting. It's awesome to get a new piece but it does seem comical and more fitting for a minifigure from the animated series. The cape is definitely an issue too. I hate the singe-hole capes LEGO has been doing recently because they don't lie flat against the minifigure's back and don't wrap around their shoulders as nicely. A standard double-hole cape would look better with this cowl for sure. 

I agree. The double hole capes look so much better around the shoulders. The single hole capes likes to stay away from the Minifigures back

For what it's worth: BrickClicker has a double D2C leak information drop in about 20 minutes. Don't know if it's DC or not, but since there is a Batcave coming and other Flash related merchandise were revealed today it is a possibilty

4 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

For what it's worth: BrickClicker has a double D2C leak information drop in about 20 minutes.

Could be that he had Batcave information to share the other day but couldn't (for complicated leaker reasons we will never understand), hence a two for one deal today 🤷‍♂️

I'm hoping we at least find out what design the Batcave is based on.  I find it difficult to believe that new cowl was specifically intended for Keaton Batman, even if he'll be using it.  Comic would have the widest appeal, but TAS would also make sense for the cowl design, and could allow the Gotham Skyline set to reuse some minifigures.

EDIT: It's Disney and Pac-Man, not DC apparently.  I'm underwhelmed.

Edited by spiderfan2000

11 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Could be that he had Batcave information to share the other day but couldn't (for complicated leaker reasons we will never understand), hence a two for one deal today 🤷‍♂️

Okay well nevermind, it's Little Mermaid and Pacman

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

The Flash merchandise products are being revealed (like Funkos and McFarlane figures), let's see if the LEGO set is also revealed in the next days.

Really hoping it will be 🤞

Looks like the new Bruce Wayne face print underneath the new cowl piece has a face with the classic headband/goggles that can be used with the old cowl, and the other side has a standard Bruce Wayne face

26 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Looks like the new Bruce Wayne face print underneath the new cowl piece has a face with the classic headband/goggles that can be used with the old cowl, and the other side has a standard Bruce Wayne face

Honestly confused by this. Seems to imply that they won’t be ditching the old cowls (overall) just yet. Also a little disappointing (though not surprising) that they are using this generic Batman face for Keaton. Probably will be used for the flash set too even though he’s far older lol.

30 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LEGO really didn't understand the assignment here did they?

Until proven wrong I’m prepared to consider the possibility that the cowl is for one Batman while the torso is from another. It’s not the first time that this has happened in a leaked photo.