Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, DaredevilFan said:

What is everyone’s opinions about vehicles being included? I could see some of the pieces going to a batmobile, batwing, boat to give it the ultimate batcave look. Kinda like the Adam west one had.

The last Batcave had a slot to store the Batwing released in the same wave, and as we're getting more sets in the summer, it would be nice if the same applied. Though one or two classic designed Batmobiles would be a nice inclusion 

We had the Patt-mobile, 66 mobile, Tumbler, technic Patt-mobile, UCS Tumbler and an awful 4+ one all on shelves concurrently.

Not so odd considering the precedent set in 2021, when the West and Bale cars were released at nearly the same time, and (in the US) the Pattinson car a few months later, resulting in three separate film Batmobiles hitting shelves in the same calendar year. Plus a Keaton-inspired 4+ version, for four playscale Batmobiles total, not counting the revised UCS Bale car. People complain, but in my opinion 2021 was a crazy good year for Batman.

Edit, ninja'd.

Edited by icm

28 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the batmobile is, like, the most iconic superhero vehicle ever

Uh? Are you forgetting the Mandarin's golf kart and the Thanos Copter?

If it turns out to be the Keaton batcave we might not see any batmobiles included at all, rather they might leave a space open to store the batmobile and batwing that comes in the other sets. So maybe the batskiboat will come in the set?

Speaking of the possibility of a Keaton batcave, remember how the Daily Bugle was designed because the designers weren't really able to work on any MCU sets because of covid? (Or something like that.) What if, because of the many delays for the flash movie, they decided to take that delay as an opportunity to design a complimenting batcave for that set. Which opens up the possibility for more flash related figures. However that obviously wouldn't be too good for the bat family and other figures (unless they decided to put Batman and Robin and Batman Forever into the mix)

I'm praying it's not a Keaton batcave. I guess it'll probably still be pretty nice or at least be easy enough to mod into a comic batcave but we really just need some non-movie based DC stuff.

As cool as Keaton batcave's would be, I don't think it would be good for a 450€ set. It's very minimalistic, so most pieces would go to the rock structure itself. That and the fact we would get like 5 minifigures max.

Exactly, the Keaton vehicles sold pretty well I imagine but they were over $200 less. At least if it's an original batcave they can make it appeal to every batman fan rather than just Keaton fans

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Uh? Are you forgetting the Mandarin's golf kart and the Thanos Copter?

This from the guy who forgot to list 2023's Automorbile

I think it will be a comics batcave. It's the only way to get a real figure selection, and I can't see them making a figure-scale set this big with only a couple figs.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

As cool as Keaton batcave's would be, I don't think it would be good for a 450€ set. It's very minimalistic, so most pieces would go to the rock structure itself. That and the fact we would get like 5 minifigures max.

I think a Keaton Batcave can still have a decent minifigure selection with Batman 89, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Alfred, Bruce Wayne, Vicki Vale, Max Shrek and the 7 new Flash Batsuits. That would bring it to around the same number of figures that Rivendell is getting.

There's no doubt a comic version would have a much more interesting character line-up though, especially if it includes the entire Batfamily along with any new villains we haven't gotten before.

Personally I'm hoping for something that can give us the best of both worlds. A set that is mostly based off the comic version but still has a few callbacks to the Keaton films and has the option of storing the new 89 Batwing and Batmobile sets.

This set would likely lose my interest quickly if it isn't comic based.  A Keaton Batcave would be neat at a $100-150 price point, but there isn't nearly as much that could be included to fill out a $450 set of that Batcave.  Heck, I'm not 100% certain if I'll buy the set even if it's comic based at this point with all the other D2C sets coming out this year.

16 minutes ago, wesker said:

Personally I'm hoping for something that can give us the best of both worlds. A set that is mostly based off the comic version but still has a few callbacks to the Keaton films and has the option of storing the new 89 Batwing and Batmobile sets.

I think this is the best option. Officially comic-based with tons of minifigs but Keaton-adjacent so it thematically matches with the Flash set and movie.

maybe its a BTAS batcave

with the skyline thing releasing later reusing some of the figs.

maybe phantasm will be exclusive to that skyline set

an animated batmobile and a slew of animated style minifigs would make the price tag more appealing 

Given the price point I’d be very surprised if it’s anything but comic based.  There’s a lot of interior detail they can take from comic inspiration.  Personally I’m hoping for a large trophy room with Easter eggs for all his foes.  Then (if it is fully enclosed) space on top for a Wayne Manor set in the future. 

Edited by Legoman123

34 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

maybe its a BTAS batcave

an animated batmobile and a slew of animated style minifigs would make the price tag more appealing 

I could see this happening. 

43 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

maybe its a BTAS batcave

Currently on the fence based on what we know so far but if it turns out to be BTAS, it’s an instant buy for me

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

maybe its a BTAS batcave

That could actually work well, considering I'm pretty sure that Batcave retained a lot of the iconic stuff like the giant penny, T-Rex, and giant Joker card in its trophy room.  Plus there would still be potential for getting Mad Hatter, Ventriloquist, black and white suit Two-Face, and minifigure Clayface in such a set.  The main weakness would be that a BTAS Batcave wouldn't really be able to include any new Bat-Family members we haven't gotten any version of in the past, as well as ruling out a handful of villains that never appeared in the show, such as Hush or Black Mask.

That said, if the new prints for skyline minifigures would be using this set's budget, it would essentially require a Rivendell-sized budget to get more than just a couple other minifigures beyond 4-5 of the skyline minifigures.

Edited by spiderfan2000

There's always the possibility that it's inspired by certain media, but not beholden to it. Might be it's own thing like the Daily Bugle.

1 hour ago, steveholt said:

There's always the possibility that it's inspired by certain media, but not beholden to it. Might be it's own thing like the Daily Bugle.

Yeah, that’s pretty much what everyone means by “comic inspired.” Not that it’s actually a verbatim copy of the comics cave (which changes with each run at least). Just that it includes comic figures and isn’t a verbatim copy of any one film or TV show.

At the end of the day, there really isn't all that much difference between the Keaton cave and the BTAS cave. Or even the first Nolan cave. They're all just big open spaces with a parking spot and a supercomputer with some other small things sprinkled in. I think they kind of have to go comic route at the price point they're asking for. I'd normally say that LEGO has to know people will riot if they charge $450 for a Batcave and don't include a dinosaur, Joker card, or Penny...but the Black Panther bust and Hulkbuster built around a buildable figure have me questioning if LEGO really has a pulse on the fanbase.

I think they could take inspo from Dark Victory when Joker, Two-Face, Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze invaded the Batcave. Nice handfull of villains, some of the most iconic. Plus maybe throw in Mad Hatter or something for an exclusive. 

Also, https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005004879106746.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!US %24250.00!%2470.00!!!!!%400b0a24a716771825335708449e4863!12000030866643882!btf&_t=pvid%3A3c43fbe0-68d1-4634-8065-ab17c4324057&afTraceInfo=1005004879106746__msite__c_ppc_item_bridge__xxxxxx__1677182533&spm=a2g0n.ppclist.product.0&gatewayAdapt=Pc2Msite4itemAdapt

That Batcave moc is only 500 pieces more than this set so I'm really hoping the finished product is something very close to this :)

Thinking about past sets like the helicarrier and hogwarts, I’m really hoping it’s not microscale figure based. Hopefully we get more info soon - could speculate forever 😂

17 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Given the price point I’d be very surprised if it’s anything but comic based.  There’s a lot of interior detail they can take from comic inspiration.  Personally I’m hoping for a large trophy room with Easter eggs for all his foes.  Then (if it is fully enclosed) space on top for a Wayne Manor set in the future. 

Agreed. I think the set will be comic inspired with a suit vault, giant penny, t-rex, etc.. Just makes the most sense to me.

if the set doesnt end up being comics based, I could see a keaton batcave based on both keaton movies, as well as the flash, similar to how they did the sanctum based on 3 movies. That way we can get all the keaton villains, alfred, maybe vicki and other side characters, then also include more minifigs based on the flash movie, like dark flash, zod, and any other characters missing from that set similar to how the sanctum gave us the missing MoM figures. they could even go all out and include schumacher characters/suits, assuming those movies have the same batcave, been a while since i watched them. 

Edited by Surge

1 minute ago, Surge said:

if the set doesnt end up being comics based, I could see a keaton batcave based on both keaton movies, as well as the flash, similar to how they did the sanctum based on 3 movies. That way we can get all the keaton villains, alfred, maybe vicki and other side characters, then also include more minifigs based on the flash movie, like dark flash, zod, and any other characters missing from that set similar to how the sanctum gave us the missing MoM figures. they could even go all out and include schumacher characters/suits, assuming those movies have the same batcave, been a while since i watched them. 

I see the vision but itd be such a blunder to make a $450 BATMAN set and then pack it with either minifigures we've gotten before or characters like Flash and Zod when they could give us... BATMAN characters