Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

38 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They just need something kid-friendly he's in. One of the many reasons we need a new animated series for batman.

You and me both, man. We were totally wrong.

I do find it funny that some of the people who mocked him hardest are still waffling on the leaks.

That gotham set is really interesting to me. I haven't even seen much of BTAS, but I love the overall design. I think if I've got the money, I'll get it when it comes out.

Highly recommend. It holds up really well, particularly because it didn't have the same constraints on it that the Spider-Man show did. The character designs are near perfect, and the Art Deco aesthetic is just *chefs kiss*. The set captures it really well. And the chance to get a Mark Hamill Joker fig is just incredible. 

It will be interesting to see if any of the other summer sets are BTAS themed. If this is a one off, these figs are gonna fetch a small fortune in a few years' time.

I really like this set, from what I've seen of the pictures.  I've never seen the series, but the art style looks great, and I feel like this would make a really cool display piece.  It's definitely expensive, though, so as much as I'd like to get it, I think I'll have to wait and see.

Technic Batcycle from the Batman should be March 1st release. The Flash Batmobile set is Summer (but depends on the movie). I don't think anything else is for sure. 

Also with the Flash set I assume some people have seen the photos of toys from the movie with 'Dark Flash' (I think that's what the toy box called him, but seems like Reverse Flash or Black flash, kind of new 52 design.) Of course the set will include Batman (Keaton) and the Flash but they love to have a villain in a set like this so Dark Flash seems likely. 

11 minutes ago, bricksbyjim said:

Technic Batcycle from the Batman should be March 1st release. The Flash Batmobile set is Summer (but depends on the movie). I don't think anything else is for sure. 

Also with the Flash set I assume some people have seen the photos of toys from the movie with 'Dark Flash' (I think that's what the toy box called him, but seems like Reverse Flash or Black flash, kind of new 52 design.) Of course the set will include Batman (Keaton) and the Flash but they love to have a villain in a set like this so Dark Flash seems likely. 

Just to add to this, there's a rumored Gotham City display piece. There are images of it out there and it supposedly includes Batman, Joker, Harley, Mr Freeze, and Phantasm all based on BtAS. No one knows when, or even if, it's coming out.

And there's two sets besides the Flash Batmobile set that were delayed from last year. One of them is coming out this August and given the delays it could be for Aquaman or The Flash. The other, we have no idea if it will eventually release or not.

Edited by psqidexslizer

The new slate has me hoping we get a revival of the DC license from Lego. The talk a while back was too much of the current DC output was geared at adults, but a more hopeful and optimistic Superman movie likely won't have that problem, and I'm guessing the Batman and Robin flick will be similarly PG-13. I like that there seems to be a mix of general audience fare and more mature projects like the Authority and Swamp Thing (who I'm guessing may not get sets, but it is what it is).

6 hours ago, bricksbyjim said:

I keep going back and forth on who I think will be the third fig in the set. I believe it’s a safe to assume there will only be three figures in the set and it’s a guarantee that two are Flash and Keatons Batman, but for the third I think it’s 50/50 dark flash or supergirl. Since supergirl’s gonna be a main character and likely popular, I think she could fill that slot. Plus, since dark flash has a unique looking mask, they’d probably have to do a new mold for him which I doubt lego would want to do. But still, I can see them wanting to have a villain in the set. Idk, I really hope we get images soon though.

3 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

The new slate has me hoping we get a revival of the DC license from Lego. The talk a while back was too much of the current DC output was geared at adults, but a more hopeful and optimistic Superman movie likely won't have that problem, and I'm guessing the Batman and Robin flick will be similarly PG-13. I like that there seems to be a mix of general audience fare and more mature projects like the Authority and Swamp Thing (who I'm guessing may not get sets, but it is what it is).

I agree, looking forward to seeing how this new DCU plays out!

7 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Highly recommend. It holds up really well, particularly because it didn't have the same constraints on it that the Spider-Man show did. The character designs are near perfect, and the Art Deco aesthetic is just *chefs kiss*. The set captures it really well. And the chance to get a Mark Hamill Joker fig is just incredible. 

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some of it, i just haven't watched it all the way through yet.

12 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

It will be a interesting few years! 

16 hours ago, Battlinpanther said:

I hope they make sets for the mainstream PG-13 movies and also that they make a "non-related" Batman set with a Swamp Thing big fig when the Swamp thing movie is out, for instance.

What if this Batman wave is really a legacy wave giving us some of the missing minifigs from older Batman movies like Two Face, Ra’s Al Ghul, etc?

5 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I hope they make sets for the mainstream PG-13 movies and also that they make a "non-related" Batman set with a Swamp Thing big fig when the Swamp thing movie is out, for instance.

I'm no leaker, but I can pretty much guarantee we'll get sets for The Batman II and The Brave and the Bold.

It would also be great to get some Green Lanterns and Booster Gold in Batman sets when those shows hit. Same with any other major characters who appear in those two shows and Waller. (Not that I'd be opposed to an Amanda Waller minifigure mind you, I just think she's pretty easy to make a purist figure for.)

20 minutes ago, hvader said:

What if this Batman wave is really a legacy wave giving us some of the missing minifigs from older Batman movies like Two Face, Ra’s Al Ghul, etc?

Possible. It could also be a mix of legacy Batman film sets and comic based sets.

The only thing I'm really expecting is that we'll see Shazam in some shape/form to capitalize on his new film coming out and that him and Batman will be fighting Black Adam.

40 minutes ago, hvader said:

Would love a Ra's fig as Batman Begins is my all-time favorite superhero movie, but I suspect the Tumbler that was notionally from BB is as much from that movie as we'll ever see. Probably more likely to get a Jim Carrey-esque Riddler in a comic based set. I doubt they would do a straight up Batman Forever set, but might do something like they did with the Penguin set that was clearly from Batman Returns aside from the Penguin fig.

1 hour ago, hvader said:

In that case, wouldn't they be labeled as something other than just Lego Batman? Wasn't the Tumbler labeled as Batman Begins or am I misremembering?

5 hours ago, hvader said:

That‘d be the absolute best-case scenario for me! :wub: I‘m not expecting in to actually happen though. We need new Joker and Harley variants instead!! :poke:

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That‘d be the absolute best-case scenario for me! :wub: I‘m not expecting in to actually happen though. We need new Joker and Harley variants instead!! :poke:

Look, if we finally get a mainline Joker minifigure with a different hairpiece I'll be satisfied.

The Lego Batman Movie Joker was peak design and the CMF one had a great piece, so I'd be content with reusing that in green, but would personally rather for something else.

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why not both legacy and new Joker and Harley variants? I'd love to get a DCEU Harley Quinn that doesn't cost upwards of $200 and isn't all that accurate as it is. And DCEU Joker... well, he had some cool desig... he was... he was there.

45 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

And DCEU Joker... well, he had some cool desig... he was... he was there.

I don‘t let Jared Leto in my house. Not even as a minifig :laugh_hard:

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, I too want nothing to do with his joker, sometimes less is more (bius)

7 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

All I'm saying is that if that's the cost of a Margot Robbie Harley minifigure well, it's not gonna kill me... it's just gonna hurt me, really really bad.

6 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

All I'm saying is that if that's the cost of a Margot Robbie Harley minifigure well, it's not gonna kill me... it's just gonna hurt me, really really bad.

That‘s not a price I‘m willing to pay :tongue:

Jok(er)ing aside, I highly doubt the „return“ of the theme will incorporate the DCEU in any way, shape, or form, except for that Flash set and perhaps an Aquaman 2 one.

Order of likelihood regarding the summer wave in my mind:

• Comic-inspired
  • Nolan / Burton movie sets
  • Sets based on the 60s show
  • BTAS sets like the 2024(?) D2C
  • Sets inspired by the videogames
  • Entirely made up stuff
  • Sets created with non-Euclidean geometry
  • Sets based on the CW shows
  • Sets based on the movie „The Bat Whispers“ from 1930
  • Sets based on the pre-2023 DCEU

:tongue:

Btw, I don‘t hate the DCEU. But there’s no chance they will release anything based on the Snyderverse ever again

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Why not both legacy and new Joker and Harley variants? I'd love to get a DCEU Harley Quinn that doesn't cost upwards of $200 and isn't all that accurate as it is. And DCEU Joker... well, he had some cool desig... he was... he was there.

I would second that, also a cheaper way to get Heath Ledger Joker. My most wanted Joker designs would be the animated series and Arkham ones though. Just not in a set like the leaked pictures.

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Entirely made up stuff

I feel like this should be higher on the list looking at all past sets xD.

31 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I feel like this should be higher on the list looking at all past sets xD.

SMH. It's hard to believe in this day and age that some people still don't know that supervillains often attack helicopters with their snow-plow beach-buggies.

76098.jpg?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

47 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That‘s not a price I‘m willing to pay :tongue:

Jok(er)ing aside, I highly doubt the „return“ of the theme will incorporate the DCEU in any way, shape, or form, except for that Flash set and perhaps an Aquaman 2 one.

Order of likelihood regarding the summer wave in my mind:

• Comic-inspired
  • Nolan / Burton movie sets
  • Sets based on the 60s show
  • BTAS sets like the 2024(?) D2C
  • Sets inspired by the videogames
  • Entirely made up stuff
  • Sets created with non-Euclidean geometry
  • Sets based on the CW shows
  • Sets based on the movie „The Bat Whispers“ from 1930
  • Sets based on the pre-2023 DCEU

:tongue:

Btw, I don‘t hate the DCEU. But there’s no chance they will release anything based on the Snyderverse ever again

I wouldn't expect any sets based on either Suicide Squad movie for pretty obvious reasons. I just think it'd be cool if they could sneak a DCEU inspired variant into their next Batmobile vs Harley Quinn on a skateboard set.

23 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

SMH. It's hard to believe in this day and age that some people still don't know that supervillains often attack helicopters with their snow-plow beach-buggies.

Ofcourse, how silly of me. I completely forget how they often do that in between attacking Sewers with oversized dentures or racing the flash in dragsters.