Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I really hope that 

Reveal hidden contents

Dark Flash

is in the Flash set

Depends on how spoilerific the existence of the character is :classic: They haven‘t officially confirmed their appearance in the film yet, have they?

2 hours ago, hvader said:

I really hope that 

Reveal hidden contents

Dark Flash

is in the Flash set

Not a single chance, getting 2 Batmen is more likely knowing Lego

Looking back at The Batman Batmobile/Tumbler sets that were both around the same price point as the Flash Tracking set and only included 2 minifigures, I'm 99% confident that this set will have Keaton's Batman and the regular DCEU Flash. Getting Supergirl or the other Barry Allen that's wearing one of Keaton's old Batsuits that's been turned into a makeshift Flash suit as a third figure would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

And I'm just going to say it, Batfleck has the lowest chance of appearing unless this set or the movie does extremely well to the point where Lego decides to make a small set with his Batcycle later in the year or even next year.

13 hours ago, hvader said:

I really hope that 

Reveal hidden contents

Dark Flash

is in the Flash set

Having seen that hasn’t improved my lack of interest in this film. Whoever conceived that needs to be taken aside and given a big slap. Miller isn’t right for the Flash, and certainly doesn’t deserve three roles in one film given the circumstances.

15 hours ago, TheBatstan said:

Looking back at The Batman Batmobile/Tumbler sets that were both around the same price point as the Flash Tracking set and only included 2 minifigures, I'm 99% confident that this set will have Keaton's Batman and the regular DCEU Flash. Getting Supergirl or the other Barry Allen that's wearing one of Keaton's old Batsuits that's been turned into a makeshift Flash suit as a third figure would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

And I'm just going to say it, Batfleck has the lowest chance of appearing unless this set or the movie does extremely well to the point where Lego decides to make a small set with his Batcycle later in the year or even next year.

I don't even care for the movie or sets based off of it now as the DCEU is getting reset.  It's pointless to release Flash and Aquaman 2 just to reset the whole timeline.

1 minute ago, Legoman123 said:

I don't even care for the movie or sets based off of it now as the DCEU is getting reset.  It's pointless to release Flash and Aquaman 2 just to reset the whole timeline.

Have to disagree here. A good movie is a good movie, regardless of whether it's part of a doomed timeline or not. I'll enjoy them for what they are :laugh:

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Have to disagree here. A good movie is a good movie, regardless of whether it's part of a doomed timeline or not. I'll enjoy them for what they are :laugh:

Shawshank wasn't a good movie guys, there was no sequel or connective universe after so it was pointless

34 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

Shawshank wasn't a good movie guys, there was no sequel or connective universe after so it was pointless

Godfather was so bad, you know from the start that Micheal Corleone will be dead within 120 years.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Look it's easy to meme on the statement but I get what you're trying to say. It does feel weird for them to release films for a connected universe when we know that universe isn't actually gonna go anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I don't even care for the movie or sets based off of it now as the DCEU is getting reset.  It's pointless to release Flash and Aquaman 2 just to reset the whole timeline

The consequences of the MCU have been a disaster to media consumption.

10 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Then there's me who's only watching the movie for Keaton's Batman, and the only reason why I'm even getting the set is because of the chance to get an updated version of the 1989 Batmobile that won't cost me over $100 to buy online like the GWP version from 2019.

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

What do you mean?

35 minutes ago, TheBatstan said:

Then there's me who's only watching the movie for Keaton's Batman, and the only reason why I'm even getting the set is because of the chance to get an updated version of the 1989 Batmobile that won't cost me over $100 to buy online like the GWP version from 2019.

To be fair I suppose it'll be cool to see Keaton's Batman again but I'd much rather them of cancelled this movie and just pushed him back into the new DCEU, even if it's a few years away. Never know he could appear with Bale's batman and Bane.

13 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Bruh, what a ridiculous statement :jollyroger:

10 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Fr fr, they irreversibly ruined the way people perceive movies. 

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

What do you mean?

Some people argue that the MCU has changed how people perceive movies, instead of enoying individual ones, they allegedly care more about the interconnectedness and post-credit scenes to set up further movies.

Personally, I don’t think it’s true for most consumers. They still enjoy movies on their own merits. Expecting post-credits scenes for instance is a good thing because people don’t leave during the credits anymore, which I aways found a tiny bit disrespectful to all the people that work on movies :laugh: 

It’s more the studios that are the problem, trying to force cinematic universes on us that nobody cares about *cough* Dork Universe *cough*

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

What do you mean?

That you're a prime example of how MCU has changed the way people watch movies.

A movie should be a complete creation. You go to the cinema to watch it, you enjoy it or not, and leave with feelings about. 

Because of the MCU, people started perceiving movies differently. Instead of being complete creations, they are always previews for the next movie. People stop talking about the movie itself, and talk about its consequences on the whole universe. "Well, Quantumania was pretty mediocre, but whatever, because it introduced KANG, and *THAT* POST-CREDIT SCENE. I can't wait for what's next, even tho I don't really care for this movie!" 

And it just goes on and on and on, until a big event, and then the cycle repeats itself.

Your statement clearly states that you're not actually excited about movies, but about the universe itself. The quality of it doesn't matter — the only things that matter are what it introduces to the universe, and what it means for the universe.

I suppose you didn't like Joker, or The Batman?

I think that you are allowed to lose interest in a franchise that is due to be reset. If everything had to be a single entity to be consumed on its own merits only there wouldn’t be DC and MCU franchises to get excited about.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That you're a prime example of how MCU has changed the way people watch movies.

A movie should be a complete creation. You go to the cinema to watch it, you enjoy it or not, and leave with feelings about. 

Because of the MCU, people started perceiving movies differently. Instead of being complete creations, they are always previews for the next movie. People stop talking about the movie itself, and talk about its consequences on the whole universe. "Well, Quantumania was pretty mediocre, but whatever, because it introduced KANG, and *THAT* POST-CREDIT SCENE. I can't wait for what's next, even tho I don't really care for this movie!" 

And it just goes on and on and on, until a big event, and then the cycle repeats itself.

Your statement clearly states that you're not actually excited about movies, but about the universe itself. The quality of it doesn't matter — the only things that matter are what it introduces to the universe, and what it means for the universe.

I suppose you didn't like Joker, or The Batman?

You've got that wrong.  I am more than happy to go and watch a movie and it just be left as a one off and I was more than happy with the Joker and Batman.  My issue is that the DCEU had been put across as this huge project that was going to have decades worth of work put into it.  All the movies that were planned, all the crossovers and more importantly everything that had been built up so far over the past decade just to end it so abruptly like it has done.  That is why I do not care for the Flash movie or Aquaman 2 and that is my preference. 

On another note you need to watch how you phrase things.  You  put across a very arrogant vibe from the way you reply sometimes, it's the third time you've done that to me on here and its wearing thin bud.  If you didn't mean it in a hostile way then articulate your message in a better way as Brickbob did.  

Edited by Legoman123

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

You've got that wrong.  I am more than happy to go and watch a movie and it just be left as a one off and I was more than happy with the Joker and Batman.  My issue is that the DCEU had been put across as this huge project that was going to have decades worth of work put into it.  All the movies that were planned, all the crossovers and more importantly everything that had been built up so far over the past decade just to end it so abruptly like it has done.  That is why I do not care for the Flash movie or Aquaman 2 and that is my preference. 

On another note you need to watch how you phrase things.  You  put across a very arrogant vibe from the way you reply sometimes, it's the third time you've done that to me on here and its wearing thin bud.  If you didn't mean it in a hostile way then articulate your message in a better way as Brickbob did.  

Nah, no hard feelings.

It was more of a rant about how some people stopped watching the movies foe the movie itself, and started caring only about the greater scheme of things, and how everything's connected, and what event A means for the future of movie B.

And let's not kid ourselves — DCEU has been a mess since the beginning. After Justice League they literally stopped connecting the movies with each other. They were basically their own standalone things, which I really loved. So it's not like anything has changed since, hence I don't get the argument about not caring for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom or The Flash because of DCEU being discontinued (even tho it hasn't been interconnected for quite some time).

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is something I was just thinking about. The only trilogy in the MCU that actually acts as a working trilogy without other films is iron man (and even then, there is a bit of a gap between 2 and 3. Though there at least it's easier to get "ok, he joined that avengers initiative from the second movie but something happened there that gave him anxiety), the only trilogy that actually ends in a way that could end the character's story (I suppose the spider-man trilogy does that too, but there are much bigger chunks missing between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3). 

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I think that you are allowed to lose interest in a franchise that is due to be reset. If everything had to be a single entity to be consumed on its own merits only there wouldn’t be DC and MCU franchises to get excited about.

Yup. Both can be true here. Everyone's dogpiling @Legoman123, but if the films are already existing as part of a universe, it makes sense to not care as much when the universe isn't going anywhere. Quantumania would lose some of it's appeal if they announced that they cancelled Kang Dynasty. 

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup. Both can be true here. Everyone's dogpiling @Legoman123, but if the films are already existing as part of a universe, it makes sense to not care as much when the universe isn't going anywhere. Quantumania would lose some of it's appeal if they announced that they cancelled Kang Dynasty. 

Obviously, because Quantumania is literally marketed as witness the beginning of a new dynasty (what a stupid tagline BTW :tongue:). Since the movie was announced, the thing they've been talking about is Kang. This movie introduces the main villain of The Multiverse Saga. That's how they're trying to sell it.

As for Aquaman or The Flash, they're marketing them for what they are – an Aquaman movie, and a Flash movie. They haven't even mentioned any sort of connection to the bigger universe for Aquaman. As for The Flash, it includes Batfleck, and Keaton comes back, but for quite some time they've just been saying it's a Flash movie with Batman. It won't be the DCEU reset button, so they decided to use Keaton's Batman to sell it.

My point being, Ant-Man is marketed as something that affects the wide universe, while Aquaman and The Flash are not (especially the former). They are just superhero movies. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Obviously, because Quantumania is literally marketed as witness the beginning of a new dynasty (what a stupid tagline BTW :tongue:). Since the movie was announced, the thing they've been talking about is Kang. This movie introduces the main villain of The Multiverse Saga. That's how they're trying to sell it.

You mean the guy they introduced in the Loki show?

14 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

You mean the guy they introduced in the Loki show?

That wasn't Kang tho, just a variant of him.

Quantumania is marketed as this is THE Kang, the one with ah... the uh... the dynasty.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As for Aquaman or The Flash, they're marketing them for what they are – an Aquaman movie, and a Flash movie. They haven't even mentioned any sort of connection to the bigger universe for Aquaman. As for The Flash, it includes Batfleck, and Keaton comes back, but for quite some time they've just been saying it's a Flash movie with Batman. It won't be the DCEU reset button, so they decided to use Keaton's Batman to sell it.

My point being, Ant-Man is marketed as something that affects the wide universe, while Aquaman and The Flash are not (especially the former). They are just superhero movies. 

We haven't really seen much marketing for either of them, but the one trailer for flash definately teased Batman(s) and the wider multiverse pretty hard. That's 100% where the hype was coming from, I don't know anyone who was really hyped for an Ezra Miller flash solo even before he became the IRL reverse flash. It was Keatonman and the idea that this was going to affect the DC universe that was getting everyone hyped.

Aquaman's had, like, part of a trailer and that's it. There's no marketing to judge. But just by the merits of the film almost certainly not being meant as the final aquaman film, it is a bit of a damper. We're following the guy's adventure knowing his story won't have a conclusion. I can definately see why that might turn some people off from the film.