Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

53 minutes ago, Goofster said:

There most likely is gonna be a villain or sort of villain character, theres always a villain to fight lol.

I hope so, but Ant-Man's lack of a villain leaves me uncertain. 

45 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

That is wildly pessimistic based on the price and piece count that we already know. You have every reason to assume there will be more figures due to the price.

What else is going to be in there to make it 90 dollars if it just has 3 figures? 

To be clear, predicting the worst case scenario of a situation and making predictions based on available information aren't the same. I'm not a pessimist.

I hope there are more than three Minifigures, but we aren't guaranteed more than three because of the price, especially since the number of characters in sets have unpredictable the past couple years (i.e. five in Wakanda Forever instead of six, one Rocket in the GotG set, or none from Ant-Man).

At this point it's not be pessimistic, it's being realistic. With the Ant-Man, War for Wakanda and Armory sets, it's hard to think there could be a villain or anything more than the Marvels themselves

Personally, I think 4 minifigs and goose (if he shows up again in the movie) and some sort of ship build. (Marvels + Villain)

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

To be clear, predicting the worst case scenario of a situation and making predictions based on available information aren't the same. I'm not a pessimist.

Come on. You aren't using all the information available. From what I can gather you are basing all this on a hasbro leak. We know Samuel L Jackson is in the film so that's 4 characters already. Lego also get info about the film in advance to base the sets on. Just because we don't know it yet, doesn't mean they dont.  

And I don't think the sets you mentioned are comparable because of the price. I'll ask again, if it does have just 3 figures, where does the value come from in the 420 pieces? 

I get that people are disappointed by the ant man set. But even with recent dissapointments/price rises I cant see a $90 minifig scale set with 420 pieces come with just 3 figs. 

Edited by squiz18

I feel the set debate on the Captain Marvel 2 set is intriguing, partially because I don't think many will be picking it up regardless, though I guess it's speculation that comes mostly from Lego's worrisome habit of price rises.

I could honestly see a situation with 3 figures, 429 pieces and a $89.99 price tag. Due to delays of the film this set will have been through multiple price rises of Lego before it's release and presumably been costly for Lego as these delays would mean a lot of chaos behind the scenes as I'm sure they had the set ready to go at multiple points.

I still think a buildable Flerkin would sell better than speculated ideas of the main characters and a spaceship, a cat-like being would appeal to a wider audience.

12 hours ago, Goofster said:

So don't we have a few unknown sets left?

At the moment the unknown sets are the following:

• AUGUST: 76263: ? (4+, 66 pcs)
  • AUGUST: 76266: $99.99 (10+,794pcs)
  • NOVEMBER: 76269: ? ($524.99, 5261pcs)
  • UNKNOWN: 76222: (Likely DC due to delays)
  • UNKNOWN: 76246: ? (?,?)
  • UNKNOWN: 76250: $69.99 (18+, Helmet?)

Personally my guesses are, in order:

• Spidey and His Amazing Friends set
  • Legacy Marvel set (Avengers Inspired, hopefully featuring Hulk, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, etc...)
  • Avengers Tower (AoU inspired)
  • DC Set
  • Additional NWH set (Not expecting Lizard, probably just Doc Ock Vs Spider-man bridge battle)
  • Spider-man Bust

My theory is one of them would be a spoilery gotg set

I doubt that honestly, they've given quite a few sets to the Guardians and it feels like early concept art potentially from a while ago given the group all having the same costumes and some of the innaccuracies with the spaceship design. The film has been delayed many times so it's possible back when they were designing they were not given concept art of the High Evolutionary and it just focused on the Guardians and Adam Warlock.

Edited by Scarilian

18 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

Come on. You aren't using all the information available. From what I can gather you are basing all this on a hasbro leak. We know Samuel L Jackson is in the film so that's 4 characters already. Lego also get info about the film in advance to base the sets on. Just because we don't know it yet, doesn't mean they dont.  

And I don't think the sets you mentioned are comparable because of the price. I'll ask again, if it does have just 3 figures, where does the value come from in the 420 pieces? 

I get that people are disappointed by the ant man set. But even with recent dissapointments/price rises I cant see a $90 minifig scale set with 420 pieces come with just 3 figs. 

I'm not basing "all this" on a hasbro leak (other merchandise like shirts and Hot Wheels have leaked), but even if I were, Hasbro has traditionally made more characters than Lego has, so if the only characters Hasbro are making are the main three, then besides Nick Fury (since Lego's been reusing the same print since 2019), it makes sense to currently expect only those three.

And you're right that I don't know, but I'm not claiming to know; these are just my non-pessimistic predictions.

To answer your question: The play set. If we're only getting three Minifigures, then naturally, the only other thing the pieces would count toward would be the play set.

I am disappointed by the Ant-Man set, but it's not like I'm claiming to get a Carol buildable figure or a light-up Goose statue. I'm just saying that I currently anticipate only 3-4 Minifigures.

19 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I could honestly see a situation with 3 figures, 429 pieces and a $89.99 price tag.  

Can't wait until that's announced. This board is going to kick off :laugh:. Can't see it myself. Even the stuntz and jurrasic world sets with huge pieces have better pricing. 

Your guess a month ago was 5 figures and I think that will be about right. 

26 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I doubt that honestly, they've given quite a few sets to the Guardians and it feels like early concept art potentially from a while ago given the group all having the same costumes and some of the innaccuracies with the spaceship design. The film has been delayed many times so it's possible back when they were designing they were not given concept art of the High Evolutionary and it just focused on the Guardians and Adam Warlock.

About every guardian having the same outfit, its pretty much based of the 2008 guardians of the galaxy run (although some characters like mantis had variations to them), so it make sense, from what i know about the helmet rumor, its most likely gonna be the one from annihilation conquest and the 2008 gotg run, also we don't really see the previous helmet in trailer, so it's possible it's true yet again, especially with them having the 08 abnett outfits, but what i meant with high evolutionary is that the scenes we've seen him in are very specific

-the rocket racoon flashbacks

-counter earth

Me saying that he might get his comic like weird helmet face thing is just wishful thinking.

Edited by Goofster

28 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I am disappointed by the Ant-Man set, but it's not like I'm claiming to get a Carol buildable figure or a light-up Goose statue. I'm just saying that I currently anticipate only 3-4 Minifigures.

3 figs and a light up goose is a day 1 purchase for me :laugh:

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Can't wait until that's announced. This board is going to kick off :laugh:. Can't see it myself. Even the stuntz and jurrasic world sets with huge pieces have better pricing. 

Your guess a month ago was 5 figures and I think that will be about right. 

Maybe it'll be motorised? Like the RC batmobile, that'd justify the price a little... But I doubt it :sceptic:

Motorised something and 6+ figures and even then the price would be ridiculous!

But because of that I`m very interested in the first pictures of the set.^^

On 3/18/2023 at 11:17 AM, Goofster said:

So don't we have a few unknown sets left? My theory is one of them would be a spoilery gotg set: consisting of: high evolutionary with a more comic like appearance, the scenes hes been showed in are very specific (but thats just a theory), gamora in her sort of black ravager suit, some random guardian, maybe warlock and

Reveal hidden contents

that one rumor of star lord getting his 2008 abnett comic run helmet

This theory becomes more interesting given that Gamora is also left out of the Funko wave for the movie too. Even Kraglin and Cosmo got figures.

Possible gotg 3 spoilers

didn't Vin Diesel say groot was gonna become some sort of ultra strong groot? Maybe king groot? Maybe he'll be as big as he was in annihilation conquest? That could maybe be in a spoiler set if that theory happens.

Edited by Goofster

26 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Possible gotg 3 spoilers

Hide contents

didn't Vin Diesel say groot was gonna become some sort of ultra strong groot? Maybe king groot? Maybe he'll be as big as he was in annihilation conquest? That could maybe be in a spoiler set if that theory happens.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I really don't see Guardians getting a secret, spoiler set.

They pretty much only do that for extreme ocasions like NWH. They had no reason not to include Gamora or the Evolutionary if they wanted to.

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I really don't see Guardians getting a secret, spoiler set.

Yeah i know, just giving some thoughts and trying to stay hopeful lol.

I can’t imagine it’s any more fun for Lego than it is for us consumers that sets are getting more and more generic in terms of movie accuracy with each passing year, just because Marvel Studios are increasingly tight lipped.

Like with the Guardians of the Galaxy sets, nothing beats the 2014 wave to this day - they had a good blend of heroes and villains and were remarkably movie accurate. The same can be said for 2017’s Vol. 2 wave, even if they were smaller in scope. This year’s Vol. 3 wave comparatively seems like a massive step down.

Films like No Way Home and Endgame are deviations from the norm in that we do get better quality sets a good while after the respective film has released, but that’s because the demand goes far beyond doubt. I can’t imagine that applying to each and every MCU film, so it’s more likely than not that a lot of these films will receive tie-in sets that are ‘good enough’ but not great, as we’re seeing with Quantamania, GotG Vol. 3, and presumably the Marvels. This is more so the case given the increased volume of MCU content in general, even if they are slowing their output to account for quality.

Could be way off the mark, but just my two pennies. If films like Age of Ultron and Civil War released this year, can anyone imagine the corresponding sets being anywhere near as accurate / spoilery as they were back in the 2015 and 2016 waves respectively? Probably not.

Also @Scarilian, I definitely agree one of the unknown August sets could very well be another NWH one. Again I don’t see why they’d skip Lizard at this point given the film released over a year ago and his relevance to the story is well known. Even if they throw him in a bridge battle set, I’d be down!

Edited by Kaijumeister

New marvel visual dictionary! It’s been a long time coming. Wonder who the fig is? Stan Lee would make the most sense, but I’m not sure if there are still legal ramifications about doing that.

3 minutes ago, Nylock said:

New marvel visual dictionary! It’s been a long time coming. Wonder who the fig is? Stan Lee would make the most sense, but I’m not sure if there are still legal ramifications about doing that.

Yeah, I do believe there are complications with likeness licensing - didn’t the Bugle’s designer say they tried to include Stan but weren’t allowed? 

Flippin finally! Wonder what took them so long :laugh: No idea who the minifig could be, but if the DC books are any indication, it‘s likely either a variant of a popular hero or a sidekick/successor. 

My top choices however go completely against that: Odin, Kaecilius, Hank Pym, Agatha, or US Agent would be my picks. It‘s not gonna be any of them, but let a man dream :snicker:

Can’t wait to get my hands on the dictionary!! Wonder who’s the exclusive figure. Hope is someone we rarely ever see in Lego form or a very well detailed figure. Hope we get news on when and how it will be available.

Just now, legomarvelbricksfan said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on the dictionary!! Wonder who’s the exclusive figure. Hope is someone we rarely ever see in Lego form or a very well detailed figure. Hope we get news on when and how it will be available.

From the cutout. Could it be Kang???

1 minute ago, hvader said:

Whenever we see the first pictures of those books, the cutout isn't actually representative of the minifigure, usually is just a generic shape used as a placeholder.

That being said, I do believe it *could* be Kang.

6 minutes ago, hvader said:

Oh that would be a great choice, even if it’s not Kang, there’s more options to choose from. 

Hope they choose wisely 🙏

I think one thing for sure, the fig will be comic based since the book isn’t specific to marvel studios. I bet it’ll be an iron man / cap variant. 

edit: I take it back, it’ll definitely be a spider-man variant. Hopefully one of his armors or superior suit. 

Edited by Nylock