Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love how we're all just having a big LEGO Marvel meltdown today :grin:

Because we've all been telling ourselves for months, "this sucks, but its okay, we still have the Guardians sets" 😅

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

If the High Evolutionary is missing from all of the wave 1 merchandise then I think his exclusion makes sense. I'm surprised to hear there's no Funko of him since they'll make anyone! To me the biggest problem is Gamora. Her exclusion is absolutely ridiculous. It's like if LEGO skipped Black Widow for the Endgame sets. 

Well, we never had gotten Black Widow in normal suit from Endgame

23 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Exactly! Most of the time this is a forum for people who don't like Lego or Morbius enjoyers.

Btw, anyone else thinks Rocket looks extremely weird without googles? His forehead just seems huge.

There is no in-between. Long live the Morb

I thought his head looked new, didn't notice the goggles weren't there, but I think you're being generous with forehead, that's an elevenhead. That head is the reason we couldn't fit any other figures in the set

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love how we're all just having a big LEGO Marvel meltdown today :grin:

Just another Wednesday right?

Edited by Quicksilver838

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well, we never had gotten Black Widow in normal suit from Endgame

We still got her, though. And we're missing a lot of characters in regular suits from Endgame so it's not really a good comparison IMO. I would've gladly taken a Gamora in one of these Guardians uniforms over no Gamora at all. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We still got her, though. And we're missing a lot of characters in regular suits from Endgame so it's not really a good comparison IMO. I would've gladly taken a Gamora in one of these Guardians uniforms over no Gamora at all. 

True, but you can reuse Gamoras head from Cmf on Quills minifig from smallest set if you want. Not an excuse for Lego not to make her minifig though.

Hmm not too sure about the Bowie, it's not terrible but it's not great. It doesn't help that I'm not a fan of the actual design of the ship either.

I kinda just want the set for Drax and Adam Warlock...

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

True, but you can reuse Gamoras head from Cmf on Quills minifig from smallest set if you want. Not an excuse for Lego not to make her minifig though.

Yeah, that's what I'll do. It could be worse I guess! It's just crazy to me that LEGO wouldn't include her. 

From the trailers and marketing, Alt Gamora isn't a Guardian in this movie, so it makes a lot of sense to me that she is not included.

To be honest, I don't think that the Bowie is that good actually. In fact, I would say it is actually a pretty mediocre build, unfortunately, and I was at the very least a little bit interested in it. I like minifigures, but to me, they rarely make or break a set--at least sets over $50. It really looks quite small and undersized, I doubt it can even fit all the Guardians inside unless literally the whole thing we cannot see is empty space. I would guess at most it has two seats and maybe a place to leave a figure standing. With that said, I've gotta say, this really is not that far off from the older waves of GotG sets. We have an underwhelming flagship based off of their transport, and two smaller ones that are clearly just filler, not to mention the fact that most of them are wearing some weird or specific suit (with Vol 1, it was the Ravager outfits, with Vol 2, it was the jetpacks).

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

From the trailers and marketing, Alt Gamora isn't a Guardian in this movie, so it makes a lot of sense to me that she is not included.

Yes, she is a new leader of Ravagers and not a Guardian, but she is an important part of the movie, and should have been included in the sets.

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

She's still a main character and the trailers show she becomes a Guardian again, so it doesn't really make any sense to me. She's walking with them and wearing the same outfit as them. It's so strange to me that LEGO made a minifigure of her for the CMF where she was completely unnecessary but skipped her for her final movie. 

Seems the NWH set has drained the hell out of the budget for the year.  

Gradually liking the Bowie more and more. Wanted a bigger priced one but I get what they do these 100$ sets with a ton of figs. Cant wait for Antman either to punch my Chitauri Leviathan!

Due to space limitations, which would you rather have the Quinjet or the Bowie if you could only pick one?

Imo both are pretty mid and would require some serious modding to look excellent, and both sets only have 2 good minifigs with the rest being filler - Cap America/Loki and Drax/Adam Warlock 

I got the Quinjet and I think it's almost perfect but not quite. I have no interest in the Bowie. YMMV.

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

i really thought lego could go three for three and had amazing models for all three of the guardians movies, but good lord the bowie is horrible, the cockpit is horendous and way too oversized for how large the wings are.

Yeah Lego completely picked the wrong cockpit, just reusing the Benatar piece would've been a much better fit. Doing a side by side comparison, the designers could've and should've done much better.

7yIy8r9.png

vs.

lego-guardians-of-the-galaxy-sets-ship.j

4 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Yeah Lego completely picked the wrong cockpit, just reusing the Benatar piece would've been a much better fit. Doing a side by side comparison, the designers could've and should've done much better.

7yIy8r9.png

vs.

What the hell is this.

I totally forgot what the actual ship looked like, so I didn't think the Lego set was that bad, but it doesn't even resemble the real thing.

4 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Edited by PGBQW

2 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

7yIy8r9.png

vs.

Dang looking at them side by side is wild. The set is different enough from the movie that I think they just had concept art that was changed. I mean there’s no red cockpit glass and the engines don’t go flush with the “U” part.

That being said, I still love the look of the lego set, it doesn’t have a bad angle and no weird colors are present. 

6 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

vs.

I'm gonna be totally honest — I forgot how the actual ship looked (except for the overall shape). And I have to say, I liked that set much more when I didn't remember :tongue:

It's... not a good representation. The cockpit is awful. The colours are off. The whole cockpit area is way too vertical. Even the "wings" barely resemble the actual ship. 

Yeah, I dislike this wave even more now.

I also feel like this looks weirdly small. I really feel like at the max this looks like a 700 piece set, maybe even down to 5 or 6 hundred. I just cannot figure out where the budget to this set went, although maybe the pictures just make it look a lot smaller than it actually is. 

11 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

7yIy8r9.png

vs.

its like they smush it together, it should be going out at a much more significant angle