Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, DaredevilFan said:

Any pics or confirmation of the 3 Spideys having unmasked faces? 😊 

Be thankful all three actors have pretty generic white boy heads. 😁

1 minute ago, DaredevilFan said:

Any pics or confirmation of the 3 Spideys having unmasked faces? 😊 

I think promobricks just said they do,  but none of the photos so far show them

Wow, that Endgame Final Battle set...
The build is quite nice, but... Even if it did have Rescue, I still wouldn't buy it for that price.
Guess I'll be saying that more often, from now on, if LEGO keeps this up.
The price on the 4+ set (and DC's as well) is also ridiculous. Interesting Iron Man minifig, though.

The NWH set looks rather decent, on the other hand. I'd like to see more pictures, but the build is good and the minifigures are mostly great.

Regards,
Mitch

3 minutes ago, Nylock said:

I think promobricks just said they do,  but none of the photos so far show them

I guessing they got that wrong since they don’t show the unmasked heads anywhere on the box.

Just now, psqidexslizer said:

Be thankful all three actors have pretty generic white boy heads. 😁

Young Han Solo/Hawkeye/Cedric/Ikaris/Legolas head for Andrew

Kaz/Draco/Bruce Wayne/Shang Chi/Druig/Happy Hogan head for Tobey

Peter Parker/Ant Man/Henry Turner/Maxwell Lord/Lucian Bole head for Tom

1 hour ago, AstroFalcon said:

Tesco has Groot for £27 up until the 14th of June, although he's only in stock in bigger stores. There was also a voucher code for £5 off £25 on Lego, I'm pretty sure that one works too. 

I managed to get this too! First time ever my Tesco has come through for me, which is amazing considering they have downsized the Lego section recently in my store. :hmpf_bad: I built him and proceeded to take photos of him posing around the house with different items and his is totally adorable. :laugh: He's going to be hanging out with Dobby in a week or so, but he might have to make another new friend in August. :sweet:

I love Venomized Groot! I like it a lot more than last year's set. It's much more creative and striking on display, not to mention the awesome feature of rebuilding him to be fully Venomized. And it's better value for money than the original! Really pleased with that set. I also like the classic-style Iron Man minifigure in the 4+ Hulkbuster, although that price is too high. 

As for the two diorama sets, I do like how displayable they are. The NWH Final Battle looks great and I do love how the Statue of Liberty build is exactly like the one in Apocalypseburg. The minifigures look good but not fantastic. No complaints on the Spideys but Goblin could've used some leg printing. Doc Ock and Electro are perfect (especially Electro with all that yellow lightning) but I did expect Doc Ock to be green instead of grey. No Lizard is a miss and I expected a buildable Sandman head, not just a hand. The set isn't perfect but it's still a 9/10 for me. The new molds are amazing! I love that web piece and the curved transparent rods are perfect for more dynamic flying poses. 

The Endgame Final Battle concept is great, execution not so much. Yeah, it's a cool display piece with the tower of rubble, but it's not worth $100 at all. The build isn't and the figures certainly aren't. Thanos and his new face print are great, I didn't expect a new helmet mold so I'm not let down by that. The highlight of the set for me is definitely Scarlet Witch. After two years of mediocre minifigures I'm so happy that LEGO has finally knocked her out of the park. The CMF one was well-printed but I didn't like the face print or crown mold and the lack of a skirt let that figure down. The skirt finally returning is AMAZING and the face print is perfect!! I hated the smiling prints on the CMF Wanda figure because she's never that happy. The Sanctum face print is much more accurate to her personality. 

I'm happy to finally get a proper Endgame Valkyrie but the other figures are a major miss. I like the A-Force scene and love all these heroes, but the reuses don't impress me. This is a $100 set with only one new minifigure and two new prints outside of that figure. The build doesn't provide a lot of value and I know there's a bigfig which drives up the price, but why are the other figures so lacking? What about a proper Wasp or 2023 Nebula minifigure? What about 2014 Gamora? What about a new Rescue? Next to the NWH set, which has 4 non-exclusive minifigures with repeated prints, the lineup here is even more disappointing. This is our third Endgame Final Battle set in 4 years and we still don't have accurate versions of Nebula, Gamora, War Machine, Hawkeye, and Black Widow. I like the set but would like it a lot more if it had 5 new minifigures like the NWH one. We could've gotten all of A-Force at this price point with this build. Nebula would only need a new torso print and Gamora would only need a new face + torso. 

I do like the diorama idea and I think these are more successful and dynamic than the Star Wars dioramas, so I hope we get more of these displayable battle scenes with plenty of minifigures in the future.

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

I’ll definitely be buying the NWH set, but overall I really do think this theme’s quality is dropping. 

For the NWH set, my biggest gripes are:

- Green Goblin not being very detailed. The face print is great, but the lack of a hood and fabric tattered cape really hurts the figure. Did Lego really have to cheap out here? The Wyldstyle hood / goggles piece would’ve been perfect!

- No alternate heads for the three Spideys. Another instance of Promobricks getting minifigure information wrong, but no big deal.

- Lack of a proper Sandman build.

- (Extremely nitpicky) Otto should’ve had the Harry Potter hairpiece.

The three Spider-Men look fantastic though. I would’ve liked to see arm printing on them but it’s fine, and the build looks pretty great. Regardless I feel that the designers really should’ve put a bit more effort in.

A-Force set is underwhelming, as is Venomised Groot.

Nwh set looks bootleg, these sets are a MASSIVE skip for me, repetitive figs in the endgame set, 75% of the nwh set is inaccurate, feels like they only worked on the spider-men, ned ha sthe wrong jacket color, strange has the wrong suit, mj has the wrong colors, dock oco has the wrong colors, everything is so bland, green goblin looks like he was from a 4+ set, the groot set looks like they took the normal groot and added black pieces, 4+ set is peak, unironically the best set...

Edited by Goofster

I think that the No Way Home and Endgame sets are LEGO Marvel's answer to dioramas. 

They both have the exact same round black baseplate, and they are both displayed with all minifigures attached to the model.

Nwh battle: definition of "good Minifigures, bad build"

Endgame battle: and people said bigfigs were dead, but please oh titan let that Pegasus be on b&p

Venom groot: worst non 4+ set of the wave, in my humble opinion

4+ "hulkbuster": behold, the new worst hulkbuster on the market! I seriously couldn't stop laughing when I saw the set

Edit: the 4+ hulkbuster is $26 in the u.s, expect this to sell as well as the ucs hulkbuster at full price, I see no more than $10 worth of parts

Edited by Lemerbrix
Hulkbusted

I feel so torn about the NWH set.

The build is great, I love that they went the display piece route and I'm pleased with the color choice and that they managed to squeeze a little bit of interior into the head. The scaffolding with the machines are surprisingly good too and I love all the trans parts for displaying minifigures.

Raimi Spidey is wonderful and I'm so thrilled to have a new version of that suit after all these years. ASM Spidey is pretty good too. Doc Ock is great (though I'll probably switch the hair) and Electro is really well done (I'm surprised because I expected them to skimp on these two). Ned and Strange are okay. Nothing to write home about. However Green Goblin and MJ bother me a lot.

Goblins face is great and I like the torso, but the lack of leg/arm printing is really noticeable on him, he just looks so plain. Then the lack of a hood is baffling to me. The goggles face is paired with the hood in the movie, it feels like such a weird omission. A purple version of any of the hood molds would have been perfect. For such an iconic villain they really did the bare minimum. Even the version of him from twenty years ago goes harder than this one. Even just the Wyldstyle scarf would have been such an upgrade to this figure.

And then we get to poor MJ. Her third appearance and they have phoned it in again. I had expected that having a much stronger role in the story they'd actually try this time around, but nope. I didn't expect them to give her a new torso, but I didn't think they'd pick the ugliest Ron Weasely sweater they could for her. I also don't understand the hair choice (maybe they just have an overstock of that piece). Worst of all is the face. Don't get me wrong, it's a good likeness most of the time, but for this set it doesn't work. This set recreates the scene where ASM Peter saves MJ, a cathartic and heavy moment for that character and the face they went with for MJ is just mild annoyance... At this point it just feels like someone over at the Lego group really hates Zendaya lol.

Edited by strangely

7 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Nwh battle: definition of "good Minifigures, bad build"

Endgame battle: and people said bigfigs were dead, but please oh titan let that Pegasus be on b&p

Venom groot: worst non 4+ set of the wave, in my humble opinion

4+ "hulkbuster": behold, the new worst hulkbustet on the market! I seriously couldn't stop laughing when I saw the set

Huh? Good figs in the NWH set? More than half of the figs are super inaccurate or plain... genuinely an overpriced 4+ set...

Is the Pegasus a new mould or a regular horse with different printing and modified plates to hold the wings? Would be a great piece for Lotr, if it is a standard horse.

So it's the end of May and the only two things we know of and havent seen are the Advent Calendar and Avengers Tower. Feels too early to be done with the year.

2 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

So it's the end of May and the only two things we know of and havent seen are the Advent Calendar and Avengers Tower. Feels too early to be done with the year.

Cmf too

6 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

There’s also the set based on The Marvels :classic: