Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Well, Across the Spider-Verse unsurprisingly reiterates that Sony’s animated Spider-Man films are the best in the business. 

Do Lego not produce direct tie-in sets due to licensing issues? I can’t imagine that being a problem for…reasons. With Beyond the Spider-Verse debuting next spring, let’s hope Lego finally have something up their sleeve.

It’d be a nice change of pace from the buildable objects and figures, not to mention the usual made-up Spider-Man vehicles. Marvel movie tie-in sets aren’t the best in this theme, but these films need representation. So much colour, creativity, and imagination that would translate excellently into Lego sets more so than what the MCU has been outputting post-Endgame.

Edited by Kaijumeister

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Do Lego not produce direct tie-in sets due to licensing issues? I can’t imagine that being a problem for…reasons. With Beyond the Spider-Verse debuting next spring, let’s hope Lego finally have something up their sleeve.

It’d be a nice change of pace from the buildable objects and figures, not to mention the usual made-up Spider-Man vehicles. Marvel movie tie-in sets aren’t the best in this theme, but these films need representation. So much colour, creativity, and imagination that would translate excellently into Lego sets more so than what the MCU has been outputting post-Endgame.

Sets based on the films would undoubtedly be incredible, though I'd also be content with loose tie ins like the first film. One year after Morbius became popular, he showed up in a set, so I'm really hoping the same for Spot. Prowler would be great too

3 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Do Lego not produce direct tie-in sets due to licensing issues?

I wonder if a potential toy license for lego includes Venom and the rest of the Sony verse. And Lego probably doesn’t want pay a higher premium for a license they might not use that much. But let’s be real, they could totally make many many sets for the spider-verse movies, enough to make multiple waves for a few years.

There's no way these sets wouldn't just print money right? Spider-man is already clearly a bestseller for Lego and the movie has just given us a ton of characters with unique designs and personalities that people already love. I know we got a ton of Miles and Gwen in sets since the first movie released but I think minifigs with the designs from the movie would just sell like hot cakes. No clue about the logistics so this is literally just wishful thinking, but imagine a CMF series!!!

The movie was awesome btw, if anyone's on the fence, go watch it.

It's been yeara since I reviewed any of this info, so I'm not clear if any of it changed, but Marvel (Disney) owns merchandising rights to Spiderman, just as they did Xmen/F4.

I agree that it seems silly not to go ham on Spiderverse toys, but limiting Sony's biggest Spidey breadwinner may be part of the reason. Legends and Titan toys for the movie exist but otherwise I'd say the toy promotion is pretty limited, not just Lego. Definitely if you compare it to Wakanda Forever or even Eternals.

Would you guys say there’s a high chance for a comic book inspired Spider-Man wave in January? One with some characters from spider-verse as an unofficial tie-in?

I got that amazing Miles figure from his mech but I really want a cheap to get Ghost-Spider and Miguel O’Hara figures 

Speaking of which - a Ghost Spider mech would actually be pretty cool 

13 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

What are the chances that we get atleast one set for Captain America Brave New World?

So far all mcu films have gotten at least one set. so I would say the chances are very high

30 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

What are the chances that we get atleast one set for Captain America Brave New World?

100%

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Would you guys say there’s a high chance for a comic book inspired Spider-Man wave in January? One with some characters from spider-verse as an unofficial tie-in?

I got that amazing Miles figure from his mech but I really want a cheap to get Ghost-Spider and Miguel O’Hara figures 

Speaking of which - a Ghost Spider mech would actually be pretty cool 

If Lego does anything like the last Spiderverse movie, we can expect Spidey's sprinkled across next year. Hopefully re-releases of the first characters cause I didn't drop large amounts of money on crappy sets for SpiderHam or Gwen.

SpiderPunk is a guarantee. I believe they created a new mohawk piece for Monkey Kid this year.

31 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

If Lego does anything like the last Spiderverse movie, we can expect Spidey's sprinkled across next year. Hopefully re-releases of the first characters cause I didn't drop large amounts of money on crappy sets for SpiderHam or Gwen.

SpiderPunk is a guarantee. I believe they created a new mohawk piece for Monkey Kid this year.

Spider- Punk would be amazing! And Spider-Man India, Spider-Woman and Spider-Byte would be great as well 

Hopefully in-demand characters are put in £20 sets like Morbius 

And characters more well-known from the first film would be great too: Noir, Prowler m, Spider-Ham. And a set with Peni’s mech would sell amazingly, I can’t believe it hasn’t been a Lego set yet 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

The Marvel Legends wave for The Marvels was just revealed, should we expect a set reveal any day now too? (if it's still releasing July 1st)

2 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

Pretty much 100%, given every MCU film in the past 10 years has had at least one set. But isn't it New World Order?

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Spider- Punk would be amazing! And Spider-Man India, Spider-Woman and Spider-Byte would be great as well 

Hopefully in-demand characters are put in £20 sets like Morbius 

And characters more well-known from the first film would be great too: Noir, Prowler m, Spider-Ham. And a set with Peni’s mech would sell amazingly, I can’t believe it hasn’t been a Lego set yet 

To be fair, we had Noir and Ham in the years following the release of the first film.

All I'm hoping for is a 2099 based more closely on the film.

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Pretty much 100%, given every MCU film in the past 10 years has had at least one set. But isn't it New World Order?

Not anymore, it has just been renamed. Maybe someone finally realised that an episode of TFATWS was already titled „New World Order“ :laugh_hard: Whoops.

5 hours ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

The Marvel Legends wave for The Marvels was just revealed, should we expect a set reveal any day now too? (if it's still releasing July 1st)

Was thinking the same thing. Marvel clearly gave the go ahead to reveal merch

56 minuti fa, BusterNut31 disse:

Stavo pensando la stessa cosa. La Marvel ha chiaramente dato il go ahead per rivelare il merchandising

yes, but sometimes other toy manufacturers reveal their products months before lego, so I wouldn't create any expectations……….

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

To be fair, we had Noir and Ham in the years following the release of the first film.

All I'm hoping for is a 2099 based more closely on the film.

I’m definitely more excited for the newer characters, especially figures which haven’t been made before 

I want a new 2099, Jessica Drew, Spider Punk, and Spot next year

The Marvels Marvel Legends wave sucks btw… i have 0 expectations for the Lego set

Edited by hvader

Brick Clicker's latest video (the 18+ set one from two days ago) confirms the Avengers' Tower for this year (76269, 5261 pc, 525 dollars, 24 November 2023) and also Wolverine's helmet (76250, 596 pc, 70 dollars, 1 August 2023). Though the only truly new info here seems to be the helmet's release date.

Edited by brickbride

Just seen the movie last night, one of best marvel movies period. Hopefully Lego seeing how well it is doing compared to say something like eternals will inspire them to make sets for the third one when it comes, at very least loose umtie in sets if not proper sets based on the films.

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Pretty much 100%, given every MCU film in the past 10 years has had at least one set. But isn't it New World Order?.

I’m pretty sure it’s “a whole new world” actually. 

what i wouldnt do for some spiderverse sets

would kill for a sp//dr mech set with peni, peter b, miles, and gwen

maybe even prowler and kingpin too

and spiderverse 2 sets too need a spot new miles and gwen suit peter b in robe with mayday etc

honestly that set then a cmf with mostly spiderverse 2 figs to fill out any gaps and give us those figs that dont really fit in a set 

I haven't seen the 2 yet, but I'm not a big fan of the 1 (I know maybe I'm the only one) and I wouldn't want sets for this franchise :-p I think some generic spiderman-sets with some of the protagonists would be fine.. maybe instead of these ugly 4+ of his amazing frends :-pp

49 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I haven't seen the 2 yet, but I'm not a big fan of the 1 (I know maybe I'm the only one) and I wouldn't want sets for this franchise :-p I think some generic spiderman-sets with some of the protagonists would be fine.. maybe instead of these ugly 4+ of his amazing frends :-pp

I definitely think comic sets with spider verse characters would please almost everyone 

It’d be cool if we saw new Spider-Man villains as well - Kingpin, Tombstone, Scorpion and Prowler especially 

55 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I definitely think comic sets with spider verse characters would please almost everyone 

It’d be cool if we saw new Spider-Man villains as well - Kingpin, Tombstone, Scorpion and Prowler especially 

It would be great. Lego had a good trend of making comic versions of Cinema characters (Vulture and Mysterio after their MCU debuts and several spider-people from ITS), but they stopped this in favor of the mechs and the 4+ sets, unfortunately. I would like to see the return of this approach, so we could get all these characters you mentioned and also comic Lizard and Electro and a comic SP//dr mech.