Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I like the NWH set. I’m a bit sick of Dr Strange minifigs at this point but other than that I think all the figures are good other than Gobby who really needed some printed legs or arms or a hood. Really hoping you can unmask the Spideys. Also I know everyone has said it but - Lego give me a lizard!!!!

Endgame set is a complete miss for me - I have all those minifigures already and the build isn’t great. The last set with that Thanos (different headpiece) was much better. 

Best item today though for me is the Iron Man minifigure in the hulkbuster set. Chest and helmet prints are great.

Excited to see CMF (mainly Kang) and avengers tower now. 

17 minutes ago, Lego_ofme said:

I like the NWH set. I’m a bit sick of Dr Strange minifigs at this point but other than that I think all the figures are good other than Gobby who really needed some printed legs or arms or a hood. Really hoping you can unmask the Spideys. Also I know everyone has said it but - Lego give me a lizard!!!!

Endgame set is a complete miss for me - I have all those minifigures already and the build isn’t great. The last set with that Thanos (different headpiece) was much better. 

Best item today though for me is the Iron Man minifigure in the hulkbuster set. Chest and helmet prints are great.

Excited to see CMF (mainly Kang) and avengers tower now. 

I agree on many of your statements. Only difference for me is that I only have Wanda Maximoff, and none of the other characters appearing in the Endgame Final Battle set, yet :tongue: 
Also, I find the build quite nice. I'm a sucker for battle damaged areas (and outfits :innocent2: ). 

I just saw the Iron Man from the Baby Hulkbuster in high quality and I definitely love it. It reminds me of the armor from the animated series :wub: 

I'm also very intrigued for the CMF (including mostly excited about Kang) and the Avengers Tower :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Two years of waiting for this goblin crap? they didn't even give him a hood, what a shame! Lego is spitting in their customers' faces and I don't understand why. Few printings and we still haven't seen a new piece for this damn theme. but what's the problem? Are sales really that bad? Is the theme at risk of deletion? at this point I start to ask myself questions...

(the minifigures of the endgame set don't even deserve the insults)

3 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Two years of waiting for this goblin crap? they didn't even give him a hood, what a shame! Lego is spitting in their customers' faces and I don't understand why. Few printings and we still haven't seen a new piece for this damn theme. but what's the problem? Are sales really that bad? Is the theme at risk of deletion? at this point I start to ask myself questions...

They introduced three to four new licenses this year, money must've been scarce.

I love Groot set for cuteness, but venomized groot is also weirdly cute so I need even this one.

I wanna see somebody do a full Lady Liberty using the NWH set as a basis. it would be astoundingly tall, but it is possible... I think.

Just saw Venomized Groot. I think it gives Dobby a run for his money in creepy / nightmare inducing factor.

Edited by Murdoch17

39 minutes ago, doclord said:

They introduced three to four new licenses this year, money must've been scarce.

You know I was thinking about this the other day. I'm still in the process of collecting sets from my dark ages or that I missed out on as even in 2012 it was hard to pick which sets to collect as money was never endless for me. Pair the sets I collect from the after market with my attempts to keep up with Lego's looming retirement dates for the licensed and non licensed themes I always loved, and you can see how I'm frustrated and worn out with their need to create so many more licenses and waves. Like slow down. I feel like I'm juggling retired and existing sets on shelves and they just keep pumping more out and I feel jaded as a consumer. Because yes I would pay you for a Sonic set, Star Wars sets, Minecraft sets and Harry Potter sets but when multiple waves of expensive sets are being released every few months for all these themes and unlicensed themes with retirement dates as short as 6 months from their release date? (I'm thinking of the City grocery store released summer of last year that retired at the end of the same year, not licensed but still a set that I had no time to collect since there was so much out at the time and I'm using it as an example). So yeah didn't mean to ramble but I wish Lego spread their releases out over the course of time and didn't try and have so much on shelves at once.

That said when I'm struggling to catch up on Lego I see it as a blessing when a theme I love gets a terrible wave. I get to focus on my retired set and other themes which feels great. So I for one am so happy the NWH sets are caca. Lol it's just my opinion of course kudos to you if you enjoyed these reveals.

But boy did I think they were bad. Yes I'm happy their bad cause I save money, but I'm still going to scrutinize them lol. Here goes;

76261 - Green Goblin should have had the classic mask. Yes it was just for the beginning but I truly wish it was included. More on the choices for new moulds later, but I'll say if there had to buy just 1 new mould in the set I would have given it to his mask. Needed leg printing splotches of purple and green armored scaling. When his goggles were used he should have had a purple hoody and when his face and hair were exposed he should have had the manic joker-esque smile but instead we got a strange cross of his hair out, goggle faced scenes with no leg printing. Bro I just spent a paragraph dissecting how bad Green Goblin alone was. Lol

But alas we still need to complain about Doc Oc. All ill say is why is he smiling? I get that Lego is a kids toy but I am so tired of them having every character on earth smile all the time. When I was a kid I got the Series 7 Evil Knight and fell in love instantly. The rabid hate in his eyes made me believe he was an Evil Knight. He looked evil with this piercing red eyes and I felt like my heroic knight needed to take him seriously. I wasn't an adult my whole life so I know that even kids don't want their villains looking dorky and cheesy. I know cause I was that kid who liked my villains to be menacing.

The 3 Spidermen are about just fine but if they do indeed have the faces and hair pieces included why did you not include images of that on the box art or in the reveal? The set is otherwise so bad that would have slightly redeemed it. if almost..

Following up on what I said about choices for the new moulds why the heck did you guys give budget for a new giant electric bolt for Electro? like are you serious? I'm actually laughing it was such a comically bad choice to make, at least for me. Electro had an electric bolt of energy covering his face akin to his classic comic mask in the movie. We've all seen it and Lego chose to print that electric "mask" on his face. Sure enough we may not have the budget for a new mould... Except they did? But they chose to give him the new mould to these giant zaps of lightning? Which could have been brick built? Or omitted? And even worse a new mould for his electric mask could have been reused for a comic based Electro if they took some artistic liberties with the mould. But hey we got new oversized lightning pieces yayyy totally wanted that over an Electro or Green Goblin mask.

oh I almost forgot how his legs had black armored detailing and hight top brown boots on the beige pants Electro was sporting in the film and they just reuse the standard beige pants with pockets piece for him. No attempt to print on the accessories he was armored with. Once again I wouldn't mind if we didn't have other themes like Ninjago get over stylized prints for all or most villains (seriously what's even going on with the leg printing of the new Ninjago villains? Such busy prints). Meanwhile none of these named figures can get even a splash of detail going. 

And finally don't care much for the build itself it's very busy and hard to focus on even when the figures aren't on it.

Overall there's just so much about this set I do not like. But as an optimist I understand I could use that as an opportunity to collect other sets. Won't even comment on 76266 yet as I have already said too much but yes I will criticize that mess in another comment sometime. Props to whoever read my ramble lol I just couldn't hold it in.

Edited by cosmic

51 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I just saw the Iron Man from the Baby Hulkbuster in high quality and I definitely love it. It reminds me of the armor from the animated series :wub: 

I'm also very intrigued for the CMF (including mostly excited about Kang) and the Avengers Tower :sweet:

Agreed - classic animated series vibes. 

Really looking forward to Kang. Hoping Avengers Tower is strong with lots of good minifigures or truly awful to save my wallet. 

The No Way Home set being a good build with not-so-good figures was absolutely not on my bingo card. The A-Force set looks alright to me, but definitely not at this price point. This is turning out to be a surprisingly meagre year for me personally in terms of Marvel sets.

Okay just noticed Doc Oc does have an angry face and Green Goblin has the manic face as well. The creepy smile could have used more wrinkles or a more exaggerated smile but yeah I guess he got it.. Doctor Octopus is somewhat growing on me? But not enough to redeem the set. 

So considering the NWH and Endgame sets cost the same, at least we know the equivalent value of a big fig and a horse is 106 pieces, including four extra minifigures. :laugh:

I'm not a fan though. With the NWH set: I'm not a fan that the head of the statue is just a recolored version of the Apocalypseburg one (which is 100% bias on my part due to already having that set and on display); knowing just how "too small" it's gonna feel once built (once again, I'm looking at that exact head); honestly, the inclusion of Ned, Strange and (debatably) MJ when neither Sandman or Lizard is properly represented, if at all; everything about GG outside of the head; the fact that Lego hasn't made a new piece that can be used for a better version of Doc Ock's arms; Green Goblin, again; STICKERS ON THE MACGUFFIN BOX, WHY. I do dig Electro, the three Spider-Men and the Doc Ock fig as well as the new display pieces (the "OooOOoooh, they're flyyyiing" pieces) included; really, a second set with Lizard, something like a Civil War Giant-Man version of Sandman and an alternate Holland would've made this more bearable. Like, don't get me wrong, it's fine, but I expected... A bit more I guess?

But, and this is the big one: I would've absolutely loved this as a kid as a playset. :wub: It's absolutely perfect as a final battle set in that regard ('cause... it's not like the movie apart from the trailers properly represented Sandman and Lizard :tongue:) so I definitely recognize the inherent greatness of the set.

The Endgame set, for the same price however: A pile of rubble and repeated minifigures, not even including all the characters lined up in that scene? Nebula, Mantis and Gamora I get excluding because in the planning phase they would've known that the GotG sets would have just dropped, but no Rescue? And that subject for a build as a "display piece"? Nah, just nah. :sceptic:

My thoughts:

4+ set. It's fine. A solid 4+ set (Is this our first 4+ hulkbuster? I'm surprised it's been so long with how many they pump out.). I like the iron man fig.

Venomized groot. I'm sorry, but this is just not for me. It feels like they're running out of ideas, we JUST HAD baby groot, and this is functionally the same build but black. I do like that you can fully venomize him, but overall this is a waste of a slot. Even if it had to be a statue type build... do rocket, or a carnage symbiote, or something.

NWH set: I'm personally probably not going to get it, but I do like it. I think the head was a weird choice and they should have just done, like, part of the arm or torso, but I think the display looks very nice and dynamic. The figures are mostly really good, like both spideys, electro, and doc ock, but Goblin is subpar and Lizard should have been included instead of Ned or Dr. Strange. It feels like lego's actively trying to avoid making him. The "buildible sandman" is like 5 pieces too, they could have at least given it something.

Endgame set: I absolutely hate this. It's some weird diorama thing, vastly inferior for to the compound I missed out on in 2021. This set is 30% more expensive, looks significantly worse, has less stuff, less interesting figs in general (Why isn't Ronin here?).

This wave is really confusing to me. The venom groot and endgame sets are such mind-bogglingly stupid choices. It's nuts.

At least I can save more for Avengers Tower I guess :look:

3 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

I take my point back :laugh: I should read Scarillian's list more carefully

Tis fine, glad they are helping :P

For those keeping track the only unknown sets we are aware of are as follows:

• 76222 (Likely DC)
  • 76250 rumored to be a Wolverine Helmet.

We have about 5 other sets we know the details of that we are waiting to be revealed.

Updated List:

Hide contents

JUNE 2023 (Total 4):

• 76249: Venomized Groot
  • 76257: Wolverine Construction Figure
  • 76258: Captain America Construction Figure
  • 76260: Black Widow & Captain America Motorcycles

AUGUST 2023 (Total 6):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 + CMF Series + Visual Dictionary)

NOVEMBER (Total 1)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 3):

Rumored/Other sets:

• X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Following up on what I said about choices for the new moulds why the heck did you guys give budget for a new giant electric bolt for Electro? like are you serious? I'm actually laughing it was such a comically bad choice to make, at least for me. Electro had an electric bolt of energy covering his face akin to his classic comic mask in the movie. We've all seen it and Lego chose to print that electric "mask" on his face. Sure enough we may not have the budget for a new mould... Except they did? But they chose to give him the new mould to these giant zaps of lightning? Which could have been brick built? Or omitted? And even worse a new mould for his electric mask could have been reused for a comic based Electro if they took some artistic liberties with the mould. But hey we got new oversized lightning pieces yayyy totally wanted that over an Electro or Green Goblin mask.

Lighting pieces were not a totally new mold for electro, they were introduced in the ninjago summer wave I’m pretty sure 

Guess these are all skips for me apart from maybe the liberty set.

Hulkbuster is a great minifig for a good kids set.
Venomized groot just seems a questionable shelf warmer. sure hes been in comics but People who wanted Baby Groot would have got Baby Groot .
The battle set is just a Mistep. I have most of the figs and they really should have slapped a fig like IronSpider to make sure it sells as its been a long time since we had him and people want him.
Liberty has just ate the budget and not enough.
2 new moulds I can see. The lightning is cool , The new trans bar is cool. Also like polo studs in trans. Rest of the set is just missing polish. They literally have arm prints for spidey in production currently for the bugle. Why on earth can the figs here not have them?!?

Honestly they should have swapped the CMF with the normal sets round. Give us a NWH Endgamey CMF and have the sets around tv shows where the budget would only be needed for the figs. 

I really love the Endgame Final Battle set! I do wish it had more, like Rescue and at least one of the Guardians characters from that scene, and I really think the Nano Gauntlet should have been included. Still went straight onto my wishlist as soon as I saw it though.

I think the major takeaway from the reveals is the fact that this and the NWH set are both built on similar display bases. This makes me think we might see future Infinity Saga sets that are all part of a sort of cohesive subtheme. 

Just seeing new minifigures from the Raimi movies after nearly 20 years is like a dream come true. Growing up as a kid in the 2000s, the dark blue Spider-Man 2 figure was the only Spider-Man minifigure I used to constantly see in stopmotion videos on Youtube, so finally getting an updated version instantly makes this a day 1 buy, no matter what the price is. I can't wait to see the alternate Tobey Maguire Peter Parker head. Doc Ock is a little odd looking since he definitely wears a dark green coat in the movie, so I don't know why Lego went with dark grey. I love how he still has the exact same arm build from the 2004 sets just to keep that little bit of continuity. The new Green Goblin on the other hand...is a letdown. The original figure from the Spider-Man 1 sets had leg printing, how does a figure from 20 years later not have any at all?! I wish they included his helmet as well, but that mould was no doubt destroyed years ago, it makes me glad I have some of the original 2002/3 sets. At least we finally have a flesh tone Willem Dafoe Norman Osborn head so it's not a complete loss.

The MCU figures mean nothing to me, I would've easily sacrificed Ned/MJ to get a TASM Lizard and a regular Flint Marko figure from Spider-Man 3 seeing as how we never got sets from that movie. And the cherry on top of all this is the Garfield Spider-Man figure that won't cost an arm and a leg to get anymore.

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

There are two new pieces in the NWH set, a curved trans-clear bar for posing minifigures and a new flexible web. It's not much, but at least it's something!

7 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Oh also, I know there's a group of people somewhere here who will be very happy to see that Scarlet Witch's skirt makes a long awaited comeback. Same piece as seen in the Dreamz sets

which character wears the skirt piece? I looked at the new girl with the bubblegum hair piece but her skirt is short at the back. In the 360 vid of the the A force set u can see Wanda skirt goes down and has a cut in the middle.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lighting pieces were not a totally new mold for electro, they were introduced in the ninjago summer wave I’m pretty sure 

71796: Elemental Dragon vs. The Empress Mech is the NINJAGO set that has the same electrical pieces.

the cheapest set of the summer has the best iron man fig I have seen in years! Good for the Comic side of marvel, its not always about the MCU hope for the future!

NWH Battle is a bit disappointing, mostly because no Lizard. (Not too cut up about Sandman being missing, disappointing but he’s in other sets.) 

Bur something’s bugging me; what colour, exactly, is that Statue of Liberty head? It’s not dark tan, we can see a couple of dark tan pieces in there. It’s not reddish brown, is it? It kind of looks like one or other of the nougat shades that they’ve been using for Asian characters’ flesh tones . . that’s A LOT of pieces to make in a new colour, if I’m right. 

I’m really trying to figure out what colour that’s supposed to be. Can anyone tell? Now thoroughly looking forward to the reviews just to have that answered.

22 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

It kind of looks like one or other of the nougat shades that they’ve been using for Asian characters’ flesh tones . . that’s A LOT of pieces to make in a new colour, if I’m right. 

It’s medium nougat, which isn’t a new colour at all :tongue:

As were missing 99% of Sandman in NWH set, Ill have to look at having a go at @hachiroku24 latest Giant Sandman using the Giant Maxi Harry/Hermione figures as a template.

Disappointed Electro didnt get a new mask mold as it could have been reused for a comic Electro in future. Shame.