Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 ora fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

Beh, meglio che sperare in notizie invano:ride: Nella sezione Marvel, il catalogo dice solo "prossimamente", accanto a un logo rosso degli Avengers. Forse un altro set AoU?

hope help me overcome life problems :-D and in fact i am still hoping, SW has the system sets listed… I bet he's holding the big pot tonight :-DDD

in my opinion tue AoU logo it's referring to the Tower..

23 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

in my opinion tue AoU logo it's referring to the Tower..

They don’t tease D2C sets in these catalogues though. And if they did, they’d do it in the 18+ section :tongue:

Also, a red logo doesn’t necessarily mean AoU sets, it’s just pretty likely :shrug_oh_well:

11 minuti fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

Tuttavia, non prendono in giro i set D2C in questi cataloghi. E se lo facessero, lo farebbero nella sezione 18+:lingua:

Inoltre, un logo rosso non significa necessariamente set AoU, è solo abbastanza probabile:shrug_oh_well:

thanks, those are great points! I'll think about it during the evening (and beer helps me think better :-D)

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Apologies, did not realize early catalogue images would count. Shall avoid doing so in future.

I doubt the legitimacy a lot primarily due to set 76265 and 76263:

76265: They claim this is a Sovereign ship featuring Gamora, Ayesha, Adam Warlock and Blurp. 76265 has been listed under the DC sets which is why I removed it from the lists and is heavily rumored as a 1989 Batwing. It's possible numbers can change, but it feels like a meme set because people like Blurp. There's also no reason for the delayed release of such a set.

76263: They claim a 66 piece 4+ set as being priced at $24.99 based off Thor's battle with the Destroyer featuring Thor and Jane. This would be a price per piece of $0.379 one of the worst price per piece lego sets.

The other predictions such as the Blackbird, Deadpool mech and 76222 being an Aquaman set all feel like guesses rather than anything in concrete.

That golden ship was really really cool and I would really like that set if real…

but no high evolutionary again 😭

7 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

They’re saving him as an SDCC exclusive.  😈

:-O aaaaaahhhh! I hoped never to hear that word again :-(

7 hours ago, SuperSquidman said:

@calebcold3

@squiz18

What about the aforementioned issue of the sincerity or lack thereof of some of the film’s animal treatment sentiments?

Spoiler

I'm neither of those two users, but as for the scene you mentioned: I liked it. I found it kind of endearing. And even if I hadn't liked it, I'm not sure how you think it contradicts the film's overall animals treatment theme. What happens is that Mantis is startled into a scream upon entering the cell. And while she's seen worse she's expecting a cell full of small kids, just like any other cell so far, so if instead of a bunch of kids you get a single deformed pig and that's in an overall stress situation (being on an enemy ship that's currently going down and all), you might well be startled into screaming - I wouldn't read much more than that into it. Then she immediately assures the pig that there is nothing wrong with its looks, that in fact it looks good, that her screaming had other reasons, and she very politely shows it the way to safety. She treats it with kindness and she also definitely treats it as an equal (she actually says "This way" and politely steps aside instead of shooing it out.) How does that contradict the overall message?

(Also the theme of who is and isn't ugly has come up in this series before. In GotG 2, Drax took great pains to assure Mantis that he considers her hideously ugly, and he wasn't even trying to insult her! Rocket's friends in this movie also were hardly attractive to the audience and were still portrayed as very good people. If anything, the general message seems to be that your looks don't matter, no "ha ha look at that ugly pig that may not consider itself ugly".)

Plus I think the scene really works as a defining character moment for Mantis. She's kind of clueless and she often tries too hard (as can be seen in this scene with her bad excuse for the screaming), but she used to be the kindest member of the Guardians. Then she took something of a level in jerkass, often using her powers in petty und even cruel ways. So when she first tackled the abelisks in the pit with kindness, and then immediately reassured the pig that there was nothing whatsoever wrong with its looks, I was pleased to see her return to her former kind ways. But of course YMMV.

Edited by brickbride

Another year and still no Squirrel Girl minifigure. I don't think they're ever going to do her now that she hasn't got a comic series anymore.

8 hours ago, Tambor said:

Another year and still no Squirrel Girl minifigure. I don't think they're ever going to do her now that she hasn't got a comic series anymore.

I honestly don't see us getting one anytime soon unless she shows up in live action. She almost had a live action abc sitcom but it never got off the ground. 

21 hours ago, Tambor said:

Is there really that large of a market for her? Idk as I am more knowledgeable about the MCU than the comics. And maybe this is only because of that, but imo that is the LAST figure I would have any interest in.

On 5/21/2023 at 1:44 AM, Tambor said:

If we didn't get her like 10 years ago, when she was popular*, no way we get her now.

*Not extremely popular, but I wouldnt call her niche either. In any case,  she had a somewhat small window in time for her moment of fame, and Lego didnt take the moment, so unlikely we get her unless she shows up in the MCU.

17 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

so unlikely we get her unless she shows up in the MCU.

If Ant Man & Guardians are anything to go by, even if she shows up in the MCU, she isn't 100% assured

Just to remind everyone, out of all choices for iconic/fan favourite characters we could've received in comic book sets, we instead got Detroit Steel

Just learned from Ashnflash's review that the Harry Potter Quidditch box introduces the hoodie neck piece (Wyldstyle, Scarlet Spider) in dark red, which would be perfect for Miles

30 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

Just to remind everyone, out of all choices for iconic/fan favourite characters we could've received in comic book sets, we instead got Detroit Steel

To be fair, that gave us a form of Justin Hammer who we did not have along with Agent Coulson's and his car, LOLA.

I miss the sorta wild unpredictable nature of those sets, never knowing what we'd get as opposed to just expecting MCU tie-ins and legacy sets with perhaps the occasional D2C.

I'm surprised that with Lego's mech fetish, we still haven't gotten Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man, Fire-power etc

LEGO usually featured new/obscure characters in DC/Batman sets in a nice way, imho. The sets were mainstream (because Batman), but there were little pieces of comic lore for the collectors. You can't say to me that Squirrel girl is more obscure than Brother Eye (maybe equally obscure). But I think all the movie sets plus the gimmicky sets predate the possibility of comic sets...

On 5/20/2023 at 7:44 PM, Tambor said:

I would love a Squirrel Girl figure! Sadly, I feel like it's pretty unlikely at this point, unless she were to randomly show up in a mech (an idea that I wouldn't be opposed to). She's the perfect character for a Marvel CMF, but the first series (and if rumors are true the second series as well) only had characters from the MCU/MCU-adjacent (like What If? and WandaVision).

Man, can't they do a comic based / lego marvel superheroes 2 CMF or something? Maybe fill in characters like Squirrel girl, Misty Knight? It genuinely feels we get the same sets just with the figs having different suits, the cap and nat chase bike set is really nothing special, hopefully when they make a Lego Marvel Superheroes 3, they release a CMF like that alongside.

5 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Man, can't they do a comic based / lego marvel superheroes 2 CMF or something? Maybe fill in characters like Squirrel girl, Misty Knight? It genuinely feels we get the same sets just with the figs having different suits, the cap and nat chase bike set is really nothing special, hopefully when they make a Lego Marvel Superheroes 3, they release a CMF like that alongside.

Are they making a Lego Marvel Superheroes 3 video game? I haven’t heard about that.

Just now, HarmfulEmpire said:

Are they making a Lego Marvel Superheroes 3 video game? I haven’t heard about that.

No game is rumored as far as I know... especially not with Lego not working with Traveler's Tales again. (but that's off topic)

12 hours ago, Goofster said:

hopefully when they make a Lego Marvel Superheroes 3, they release a CMF like that alongside.

Got a good chuckle out of that one!

12 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

No game is rumored as far as I know... especially not with Lego not working with Traveler's Tales again. (but that's off topic)

Is that like an official statement or just that Lego licensed to EA for the racing game?

51 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Got a good chuckle out of that one!

Is that like an official statement or just that Lego licensed to EA for the racing game?

I don't know if there was an official statement, but TT and LEGO's partnership is dissolved due to issue's with TT overworking employees to get thing done (rush culture). I think there is one more rumored game coming, but I really don't know. It's not my area of expertise... I was just as shocked as you are to hear it.