Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

In my opinion the only candidate for No wat home is the 4+. but I think it will turn out to be something much less exciting. By now I'm in the mood of disappointments, so I think that the mysterious set doesn't really exist, and will end up with those codes that are forgotten every year… if it were real, I still hope for the completion of Avengers 2012, or any Infinity Saga. Spiderverse -for me- would be a big disappointment :-p

I really doubt we'd see anything else from Guardians or NWH. If there were more sets, then the ones already released wouldn't be so 'complete,' meaning all three spideys and all guardians members are in the existing sets.

A Spideyverse set would be cool though! Would be nice to get those characters (Spidey 2099, Spideypunk, Jessica Drew) in a bigger set rather than spread out through a bunch of bad Spiderman sets over the next year.

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

If I had to redesign the Guardians sets:

$15 set- Small Knowhere Build, Star Lord, Cosmo, Kraglin

$30 set- Small Arete Labs build, Star Lord, Groot, High Evolutionary, baby Rocket

$100 set- Bowie with Rocket, Gamora, Drax, Mantis, Nebula, Adam 

Yup I'd go with that. Would happily pay $20 more across the 3 sets for that too. 

I'm fine with just the NWH set and maybe Avengers Tower being the only Marvel sets that interest me for the rest of the year :shrug_oh_well:

18 hours ago, Captain_MKA said:

Another Helicarrier but designed after Project Insight would be a good choice, since people would buy 3 Helicarriers

Would probably make more sense just re-doing the Helicarrier from the first and second film and then people can modify them into the project insight helicarriers if desired.

8 ore fa, Scarilian disse:

Probabilmente avrebbe più senso solo rifare l'Helicarrier dal primo e dal secondo film e poi le persone possono modificarli nell'intuizione del progetto helicarriers se lo si desidera.

I agree. And by the way Winter Soldier has the potential for much simpler and more affordable lego sets (motorcycle cars etc)

After watching Guardians 3 a couple of times, I can say Lego really botched the sets and minifigs.

When can we discuss sets in spoilery context btw?

12 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

After watching Guardians 3 a couple of times, I can say Lego really botched the sets and minifigs.

19th of may for US, I think. 2 weeks.

14 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Considering how little Disney likes to give to merch companies for movies I think the sets were great for what they were likely given. The Bowie whilst small ended up being a pretty good build when the line is usually pretty simple with techniques . Sure it could have been bigger and more accurate but the in universe Bowie is more than double the size of the Benatar.  Heck the side shuttles

Spoiler

would have to be the size of Tazerfaces M ship or Rockets Warbird if you wanted a more accurate size.

The only thing I would put on Lego is budget designation. We really shoulda got a Cosmo somewhere or perhaps a Kraglin. Pretty such the omission of Herbert was due to Disney.
I fear the No way home has eaten all the budget for the line. Maybe the Tower has eaten a ton of Budget too with prints we havnt seen yet.

Edited by Ghostcat

I worry that im paying 500 dollars for avengers tower for 10 plus no printing on the legs or arms minififgs after seeing the batcave set?!?

34 minuti fa, BusterNut31 ha detto:

Mi preoccupo che sto pagando 500 dollari per la torre dei vendicatori per 10 più nessuna stampa sulle gambe o sulle braccia minififgs dopo aver visto il set di batcave?!?

It's not an option we can rule out, given the company's recent behavior. It must also be said that Marvel is more profitable, and could enjoy better treatment... indeed, I hope that yet another budget cut from the Cave minifigures will benefit the Tower...

PS. Marvel has a better treatment even if for the moment dc has 1 new piece and Marvel still ZERO.. but anyway, you know what I mean  :-D

Edited by Legocentrico

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

I worry that im paying 500 dollars for avengers tower for 10 plus no printing on the legs or arms minififgs after seeing the batcave set?!?

Some of the figures in recent Avengers sets are probably going to be included in the tower, including a Black Widow and Loki with leg printing. Not as exciting as getting exclusive figures, but atleast they're higher quality.

All I want in terms of figures for the tower is a Happy Hogan that actually looks like Jon Favreau.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

yeah it wouldn't surprise me unfortunately. There was a rumour (from an unknown/unreliable leaker) that it had 12 minifigures. 

Were we just really spoiled with the Bugle? The D2C's released since haven't been as good. 

It's interesting reading about the designers thoughts from the time. Hopefully he is doing the tower as it has lots of potential to be a great set. 

https://jaysbrickblog.com/news/lego-daily-bugle-2021-interview-with-mark-stafford-senior-lego-designer/

https://brickset.com/sets/designer-Mark-Stafford

Do you guys think it's possible for a Deadpool 3 set next year even though it is R-Rated but it is under Disney so who knows there could be hope

3 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

Some of the figures in recent Avengers sets are probably going to be included in the tower, including a Black Widow and Loki with leg printing. Not as exciting as getting exclusive figures, but atleast they're higher quality.

All I want in terms of figures for the tower is a Happy Hogan that actually looks like Jon Favreau.

I hope we just get high quality minifigs here. New Iron Man, Hawkeye, Thor, Banner, Wanda, Vision and Quicksilver. And they shouldn’t reuse fat Thor face for AoU Thor as it doesn’t fit him at all.

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

There was a rumour (from an unknown/unreliable leaker) that it had 12 minifigures. 

Any word whether a Hulk bigfig is included?

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Were we just really spoiled with the Bugle? The D2C's released since haven't been as good. 

It helped that the Bugle is more of a civilian centric location, and it's easy enough to slap together a bunch of recycled body parts to make the Bugle cast and build up the figure count. Also the Spiderverse characters and Sinister Six were all repeated figures, which helps, but in terms of new, there were only 12 exclusive prints on 6 figures out of 25

The Sanctum doesn't make sense to have a bunch of civilians running around, and there aren't a great deal of body parts that could be reused for key characters. While it's disappointing to leave out Ancient One and Kaecilius, and get updates of figures we'd already had (Iron Man, Spider Man and Ebony Maw), the set introduced 18 new prints. So it's understandable to be disappointed by figure count, but it gave us more new prints than the Bugle

Avengers Tower could certainly pull together a bit of both. Focus on giving us new prints for key characters (MK43, Hawkeye, Vision, Quicksilver, Ultron), provide the unavoidable but budget saving repeats (Cap, Black Widow, Bruce Banner, Nick Fury, Loki) and slap together some recycled civilians to boost the numbers (Pepper, Happy, Erik Selvig, Maria Hill, Brock Rumlow, Alexander Pierce)

Edited by NXS7

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Do you guys think it's possible for a Deadpool 3 set next year even though it is R-Rated but it is under Disney so who knows there could be hope

On one hand, I feel like this is a movie they're really gonna push advertising hard with, as it has fan-favourite characters and is the introduction of X-men to the mcu.

On the other, are they really gonna market the movie to children via toys in the same way as the other MCU releases? Probably not, although we might get a larger 18+ set.

32 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

It helped that the Bugle is more of a civilian centric location, and it's easy enough to slap together a bunch of recycled body parts to make the Bugle cast and build up the figure count. Also the Spiderverse characters and Sinister Six were all repeated figures, which helps, but in terms of new, there were only 12 exclusive prints on 6 figures out of 25

The Sanctum doesn't make sense to have a bunch of civilians running around, and there aren't a great deal of body parts that could be reused for key characters. While it's disappointing to leave out Ancient One and Kaecilius, and get updates of figures we'd already had (Iron Man, Spider Man and Ebony Maw), the set introduced 18 new prints. So it's understandable to be disappointed by figure count, but it gave us more new prints than the Bugle

Avengers Tower could certainly pull together a bit of both. Focus on giving us new prints for key characters (MK43, Hawkeye, Vision, Quicksilver, Ultron), provide the unavoidable but budget saving repeats (Cap, Black Widow, Bruce Banner, Nick Fury, Loki) and slap together some recycled civilians to boost the numbers (Pepper, Happy, Erik Selvig, Maria Hill, Brock Rumlow, Alexander Pierce)

Good points. Hadn't looked at it from the print point of view. As you say, hopefully they can put some civilians in using existing prints. Hopefully it will span multiple films and pack in the Easter eggs. 

48 minutes ago, HarmfulEmpire said:

Any word whether a Hulk bigfig is included?

Not according to this leak. this was the supposed lineup: 

Tony stark, Captain America, Black Widow, Thor, Bruce Banner, Hawkeye, Vision, Wanda, Quicksilver, Ultron mk1, Pepper potts, Mk43 iron man, Mk45 iron man 

Though like i said, take it with a pinch of salt as its just a new account on instagram with no history of reliable info.  Hopefully there will be more as 13 figures would seem a bit sparse I think.

1 ora fa, squiz18 ha detto:

Anche se come ho detto, prendilo con un pizzico di sale perché è solo un nuovo account su instagram senza una storia di informazioni affidabili. Speriamo che ce ne saranno altre perché 13 cifre sembrerebbero un po' scarse, credo.

It's always the usual fake news account. By the way, Pepper in an AoU set, in addition to the lack of ideas, also underlines a lack of knowledge of the film :-P

When (if) we finally do get a new hulk, do you guys think lego would make him using the 2021 Thanos Bigfig mold or the one they’ve been using since AOU?

11 hours ago, Nylock said:

When (if) we finally do get a new hulk, do you guys think lego would make him using the 2021 Thanos Bigfig mold or the one they’ve been using since AOU?

Probably AOU if I were to guess, also if we are only getting AOU based figures I will be very disappointed. The D2C shouldve been the Avengers compound w all the missing figs we didnt get from endgame (valkrye, hulk, iron patriot mk 2, ronan)

Just came to mind, there could be a chnace we get an eric selvig figure for the tower

Edited by mgetz

3 hours ago, mgetz said:

Just came to mind, there could be a chnace we get an eric selvig figure for the tower

Which would 100% be Luthen Rael's head and hair with a re-used torso and no leg printing. The first two avengers films have both been covered pretty well minifigure wise, and there isn't much we're missing from either film besides civilians lego would just reuse prints for.

15 hours ago, Nylock said:

Quando (se) finalmente avremo un nuovo hulk, pensate che lego lo farebbe usare lo stampo Thanos Bigfig 2021 o quello che usano da AOU?

They certainly don't recycle the 2015 one. I believe Thanos 2021 or even a further upgrade. But given recent history, the real question is, will we get a new Hulk? And will it actually be a Big Figure? But we've already talked a lot about this in recent months...

it would be nice to have confirmation of the film or films that will be the inspiration for the set, to be able to imagine the lineup

(AoU is confirmed, but I would like to know if there is more…)

Edited by Legocentrico

This is rather off topic but does anyone know if the 2021 to present Rocket Raccoon head (the one without the shoulder pauldrons) can fit inside the spacesuit Sandy Cheeks minifigure’s space helmet?

I ask because I want to make a first appearance Rocket Raccoon minifigure:

Jpgpro_out_7eac08b71af78cf3b8fb2478ba981

Edited by SuperSquidman