Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Kang is the easiest non-CGI character to recast, since the entire premise of his character is that each of his appearances is a different Variant or version from a different time-period. Majors played the Kang Variants that we saw clearly at the end of Quantumania, but there were hundreds in the arena who were out-of-focus enough to be played by someone else. Additionally, the precedent for Variants not looking alike has already been set with Spider-Man and Professor X (and possibly Reed, as well). 

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I think most the MCU is going to be pushed back, delayed or cancelled after GotG3 has released.

We will probably see (more!) delays, but I seriously doubt that anything is going to be cancelled. 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Kang is the easiest non-CGI character to recast, since the entire premise of his character is that each of his appearances is a different Variant or version from a different time-period. Majors played the Kang Variants that we saw clearly at the end of Quantumania, but there were hundreds in the arena who were out-of-focus enough to be played by someone else.

What about Immortus, Rama Tut and the purple one? They were CLEARLY jonathan majors, the one in the black and white suit too, victor timely, the ones screaming in the seats, etc.

1 hour ago, Goofster said:

What about Immortus, Rama Tut and the purple one? They were CLEARLY jonathan majors, the one in the black and white suit too, victor timely, the ones screaming in the seats, etc.

Loki season 2 will likely proceed as planned regardless, so Victor is fine. The others will probably either just be recast with no explanation, or the council will be killed by a Beyonder Kang variant or something at the start of Kang Dynasty. We'll get a Kang, no matter what.

(Also, everyone seems to be forgetting that unlike Ezra, we don't yet know for sure that he did this. I'm not saying he's innocent, but we just don't know yet. Could be another Johnny Depp situation.)

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

Immortus had a beard, blue skin, gold eyes and lips, and a large headdress, all of which which disguise his features somewhat (also, his voice is very different from the other Kangs and Majors' own speaking voice). Rama-Tut can appear sometime in the past as a younger, pre-cyborg, version of himself, and the third (purple) Kang does not appear to have a comic counterpart (so he can easily be dropped in favour of a different character). Regarding the Variants in the arena, there were at least two that we see in the stands who were non-Human, and hundreds of others that are too far from the camera to tell definitively who played them (including what looked like Scarlet Centurion and (possibly) Mister Gryphon). As for Victor Timely, Marvel can delay Loki S2 a bit longer to reshoot Majors' scenes with a new actor. 

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm gonna be seriously annoyed if lego doesn't make a Kang fig but still thinks it's ok to make one of Mr IRL reverse flash.

(Edit: To be clear, I'm fine with lego miller flash, but if they make one of him, they have no reason not to make one of Kang.)

Yeah, Majors has one case that has yet to be proven, as opposed to a crime spree where half the stuff is on video. Miller is much worse.

I meant the fact that the content was already filmed in Miller's case...

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(Also, everyone seems to be forgetting that unlike Ezra, we don't yet know for sure that he did this. I'm not saying he's innocent, but we just don't know yet. Could be another Johnny Depp situation.)

Its different because the Ezra Miller accusations came after the movie was filmed. The Flash has been finished for almost a year (or even more). Going ahead is the right thing to do, because they didnt know about his problematic behavior when they filmed it. They cant control his personal life and the same could be said about Loki season 2. You cant recast the Flash in his own movie because that would mean a whole remake of the film. And you cant recast Kang for Loki season 2 simply because there is no time now. And they can't just keep pushing back the MCU movies and shows because these are meant to be a connected storyline. There cant be such long gaps between one entry and the next one to keep the interest (and they have a specific order. One cant leapfrog the other)

The problem is if either of them (WB or Disney) decides to keep them for new projects after these allegations were proven true (if it ever happens in JM's case). Thats an issue. 

For The Flash and Loki S2 I'd go ahead with them. I'd try to use their faces as little as possible in the marketing campaing and try to approach the victims and offer them compensation in some way.

Edited by Robert8

Leaving everything else aside.

I don't see why they would need to explain a recast.

Like, with Kang it's a different thing, because there's several versions of him, so it would already he extremely easy to handwave.

But just for the sake of argument, I don't think any character at all who'd be recasted would need an explanation. General Audiences would get it, it's not such a big deal, recasts aren't nothing new.

Besides, this is a superhero movie where characters wear flashy outfits. So I'm pretty sure if you dress any actor in the same purple and green outfit people would immediatly understand what's going on.

7 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I don't see why they would need to explain a recast.

Banner and Rhodey have been recast with no explanation in the films why would Kang need an in universe explanation?

22 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Banner and Rhodey have been recast with no explanation in the films why would Kang need an in universe explanation?

exactly. I remember people losing their minds when Harrison Ford was confirmed as the new Ross and people really be thinking the multiverse has to be in captain america 4 because of it

William Hurt shouldve been recast way earlier, if you know why, you know why.

Anyway the leak side of Lego Marvel has been pretty silent recently.

Edited by Goofster

When does Lego start producing Minifigures in factories?

Wasn't it early April that a Bucky torso leaked?

17 minuti fa, Buckethead ha detto:

Quando Lego inizia a produrre minifigure nelle fabbriche?

Non è stato all'inizio di aprile che è trapelato un busto di Bucky?

If I were you I wouldn't expect leaks similar to past years

I'm still waiting for the descriptions of the sets which were usually made in February :-D

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Wasn't it early April that a Bucky torso leaked?

Yes, but that was one of the craziest leaks we had ever got. Seems totally tame in the light of recent events, tho.

15 hours ago, Goofster said:

Anyway the leak side of Lego Marvel has been pretty silent recently.

There's not much coming out until August according to Scarilians list. I'm interested to see what the venomised groot looks like  (June release date). 

We might be waiting a while yet. 

14 hours ago, squiz18 said:

There's not much coming out until August according to Scarilians list. I'm interested to see what the venomised groot looks like  (June release date). 

You really think so? 😒 Heck here I was hoping to get a couple glimpses of some of the Aug sets soon!🤦‍♀️😭

7 hours ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

You really think so? 😒 Heck here I was hoping to get a couple glimpses of some of the Aug sets soon!🤦‍♀️😭

I was just thinking the official reveals won't be until mid june? Early July? Hopefully something will leak sooner but thats hard to predict! 

8 hours ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

Going by the last couple of years, don‘t expect any leaks for the August sets anytime soon :shrug_oh_well: 

The June sets however will likely be revealed at the end of April or beginning of May. Not much of consolation given how uninteresting that wave is, I know :laugh_hard: 

7 hours ago, squiz18 said:

I was just thinking the official reveals won't be until mid june? Early July? Hopefully something will leak sooner but thats hard to predict! 

Agreed! I know it seems like for some sets we wait forever for the official reveals, then others are listed on the site as "Coming soon" or "Pre-Order" that seem like forever til they come out! Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the Star Lord Bust has been officially revealed since Christmas! I know it hasn't,  obviously, it just seems like it! 😂 Hopefully there will be some leaks like you mentioned!

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Going by the last couple of years, don‘t expect any leaks for the August sets anytime soon :shrug_oh_well: 

The June sets however will likely be revealed at the end of April or beginning of May. Not much of consolation given how uninteresting that wave is, I know :laugh_hard: 

Yeah, I'm sure that was just wishful thinking on my part! 😂 And, yes, it is a very uninteresting wave with the exception of the venomized Groot. I'm looking forward to seeing that one! 

Does anyone else think it's crazy that we have so many releasing August 1st? I mean, I know for me at least, if they were spread out a bit better, like a couple a month, as opposed to 1 or 2 or none then jumping to MANY, I could, in the long run, spend more cuz I could break it up better. It's much easier to come up with a $100 or $200 monthly than it is to come up with $1000 for them all at once. (I didn't do the actual math, I'm just using those # as an example). 🤷‍♀️🤔

I prefer big waves, 5/6 sets together!  when the images come out it's a party, analyze the photos, look for all the details!  The new trend of releasing a few sets every month is boring, in my opinion… Anyway we had revelations before a month, maybe the first days of April we will see something in June

13 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

when the images come out it's a party, analyze the photos, look for all the details!  

I do agree there! I'm very, VERY impatient, tho! 😂 So, having something every 30ish days pacifies me! 😂 😁 It is fun to see the reactions and details and all tho. I suppose I'm pretty set up for the next few months at least... April: GOTG3 sets, May: Ant-Man set, June: 1st summer wave, July: Hocus Pocus Ideas set, August: BIG release month, Sept: CMF, Book, Advent, Nothing in October that I know of, November: D2C set (fingers crossed for a tower!). 

Has there been any news about when the Marvels set will release? I thought that was a June release, too originally. But with the delay, I have to assume the set will be pushed back, too, right?

2 hours ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

Has there been any news about when the Marvels set will release? 

November i think

The two smaller Guardians sets were at Kmart in the Perth CBD. No sign of the Bowie though, I think it might be an online exclusive for Kmart, like the quinjet.

On 3/28/2023 at 10:29 AM, squiz18 said:

Yeah, it's pretty much just the two buildable figures, Venomized Groot and the Captain America & Black Widow bike chase for June. I'm guessing leakers are not particularly invested in risking their job sharing images of these :shrug_oh_well:

Will probably be doing a bigger update in April when we'll hopefully have more information on some of the sets, though at the moment we've not got anything to really update on.

Small update:

• 76252 has been removed as that is apparently the Batcave (releasing June 5th)
  • Added the Visual Dictionary to the list

Updated List:

Hide contents

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

• 76251: Star-Lord's Helmet
  • 76253: Guardians of the Galaxy Headquarters
  • 76254: Baby Rocket's Ship
  • 76255: The New Guardians' Ship

May 2023 (Total 1):

• 76256: Ant-Man Construction Figure

JUNE 2023 (Total 4):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 6):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 + CMF Series + Visual Dictionary)

NOVEMBER (Total 1)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 3):

Rumored/Other sets:

• X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set
1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

UK Promobricks posted a video q&a, has anyone seen it?  do we have any new info?

Effectively no, at the moment we've not really had any new rumours/leaks for Marvel for a while.

They clarified that the D2C speculation regarding it being Avengers Tower is just speculation at this time - however in the video creators personal opinion they believe Lego would'nt miss out on doing an Avengers Tower in the next few years citing that rumours and speculation exist for a reason (likely referring to that rumours/speculation demonstrate a level of interest meaning Lego would be silly not to capitalize on it)

Generally people intend to be covering updates in early April for most themes, but it's been fairly silent on the Lego Marvel front.

Edited by Scarilian