Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

but not deadpool. No WAY they put him in a kids' book.

Val zod was in a kids' book too, prototype boba too etc...

8 minutes ago, Goofster said:

... I think they meant because Deadpool is inappropriate for kids or at least his most recent most major depiction is.

Proto Boba and Val-Zod aren't 

20 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

mm maybe the propaganda version of first avengers?  It could be a good promo, something difficult to put into sets

I thought he might be with the sheild set.

53 minuti fa, l'agente Kallus ha detto:

Pensavo che potesse essere con il set di sheild.

But hear my plan: Cap Propaganda in the book, Cap First Avengers in the shield and Cap Winter Soldier in the motorcycle chase :-D

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

... I think they meant because Deadpool is inappropriate for kids or at least his most recent most major depiction is

But the average Deadpool fan isnt older than 14

58 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Both can be true at the same time.

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

As Kallus says, it's because he's not appropriate for kids.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

... I think they meant because Deadpool is inappropriate for kids or at least his most recent most major depiction is.

Proto Boba and Val-Zod aren't 

Exactly.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

The average deadpool fan isn't older than 14 because the reason they think he's cool is precisely due to the fact that he's not appropriate for them. When you're old enough to legally see the deadpool films alone, you realize they aren't that good.

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

you realize they aren't that good.

Eh they're not bad, it's just dumb edgy fun, sometime it tries to be too edgy though, also deadpool was in kiddie shows twice from what i remember: ultimate spiderman (disney XD show) and avengers assembled (disney XD show), also, deadpool was in like a 30$ set in 2012 or 2013, kids usually get the cheaper lego sets so yeah.

Edited by Goofster

31 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Eh they're not bad, it's just dumb edgy fun, sometime it tries to be too edgy though, also deadpool was in kiddie shows twice from what i remember: ultimate spiderman (disney XD show) and avengers assembled (disney XD show), also, deadpool was in like a 30$ set in 2012 or 2013, kids usually get the cheaper lego sets so yeah.

Before the movie. The movies have elevated deadpool's popularity and his edginess to the point where any system set with him in it is near-impossible. The best we could get is, MAYBE,  an 18+ set with a comics-based deadpool, or if he has a suit specific to a PG-13 avengers film later on. He's not showing up in a children's book. IIRC there was even a cancelled set including deadpool back in 2016.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

there was even a cancelled set including deadpool back in 2016.

Sauce?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

IIRC there was even a cancelled set including deadpool back in 2016.

Wait, what? Is that true?

16 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Sauce?

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Wait, what? Is that true?

Just2good talked about it in one of his cancelled lego set list videos. Look through those and you'll find it.

I don’t mean to make light about a horrific real world incident, but with the news about Jonathan Majors I can’t help we might never get a Kang minifig.  Obviously not my first thought or concern about the situation but it does but the character and plans for the next phase of MCU in jeopardy.

2 hours ago, marksable said:

I don’t mean to make light about a horrific real world incident, but with the news about Jonathan Majors I can’t help we might never get a Kang minifig.  Obviously not my first thought or concern about the situation but it does but the character and plans for the next phase of MCU in jeopardy.

How will this affect the Fortnite skin market?

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

How will this affect the Fortnite skin market?

How will this effect Lebron's legacy?

this will effect the fortnite skin market since john wick did not return.

kang is the reason why? John wick was the woman kang assaulted?

kang is just like me fr, twins fr.

Edited by Goofster

4 hours ago, marksable said:

Kang's just a character. We can still get him.

Spoiler

Besides, we're still getting the Flash in Lego despite Ezra Miller's reputation. Just recast.

4 hours ago, marksable said:

Obviously not my first thought or concern about the situation but it does but the character and plans for the next phase of MCU in jeopardy.

Normally the most logical option would be a recast, but considering he's playing seemingly all the variants of himself and his next appearance is Loki S2... we'd probably get a lot of delays at minimum. I think most the MCU is going to be pushed back, delayed or cancelled after GotG3 has released.

3 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Kang's just a character. We can still get him.

Hide contents

Besides, we're still getting the Flash in Lego despite Ezra Miller's reputation. Just recast.

very different situations

8 hours ago, marksable said:

I'm gonna be seriously annoyed if lego doesn't make a Kang fig but still thinks it's ok to make one of Mr IRL reverse flash.

(Edit: To be clear, I'm fine with lego miller flash, but if they make one of him, they have no reason not to make one of Kang.)

46 minutes ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

Yeah, Majors has one case that has yet to be proven, as opposed to a crime spree where half the stuff is on video. Miller is much worse.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

My apologies, I got a bit too carried away

Edited by PGBQW

2 hours ago, GonzoTheGreat said:

My point is that if Lego can make Flash, they can make Kang. The severity of the former probably helps my argument even more.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm gonna be seriously annoyed if lego doesn't make a Kang fig but still thinks it's ok to make one of Mr IRL reverse flash.

(Edit: To be clear, I'm fine with lego miller flash, but if they make one of him, they have no reason not to make one of Kang.)

This was my exact point. The recasting suggestion was an additional comment.

14 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I find surreal someone gets arrested for domestic abuse and your first thought is "how does this affect our chances to get a lego minifigure of him?"

Tbf, a Lego forum probably isn't the appropriate site to have a discussion about domestic violence.

Morbius will replace kang as the new big bad in phase 5-6.

source: fortnite

I see this as an absolute win!

Edited by Goofster

26 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Morbius will replace kang as the new big bad in phase 5-6.

source: fortnite

I see this as an absolute win!

Intriguing.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I find surreal someone gets arrested for domestic abuse and your first thought is "how does this affect our chances to get a lego minifigure of him?"

I assume most people's first thought was "aw, man. That's terrible." or something. But this is a lego discussion forum, so the discussion on the form will revolve around legos. Hence when an event occurs that will alter the chances of getting a desirable character as a lego fig, that's what will be discussed on the lego discussion form, regardless of what people think about the wider situation. 
For example, I've made my hate for Ezra Miller and his any% geneva convention speedrun abundantly clear, but I can think all that and still want a minifig of his flash. (In fact, I want an accurate minifig of his JL flash, but of course we'll never see that.)