Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

Her actual hero costume, not the cosplay one she wears at the start

This one I do like ->

This, would be nice to have as a minifig, atleast I would like it.

25 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Three if you count Hela.

I don't forget, it's just that Hela seems less likely to me for CMF :-)

20 hours ago, Goofster said:

I get that, but iron spider is cgi right? But costumes like the new ms marvel one is what i mean, its not necessary at all, they couldve went with the show comic accurate modernized one, i get that you can't put a short hairy canadian man in a yellow spandex suit that looks like pikachu in a movie, but comic book hero suits should look like something like deadpool's suit, comic accurate and modernized.

+ Warlock's suit is pretty "overdesigned" too, looks like an eternals suit which are also completely "overdesigned"

image.jpeg.5a9b1671a5667c287d350580b7b11591.jpeg

screen-shot-2017-05-08-at-122317-pmpng.p

Adam's creators in the MCU are The Sovereign, His costume reflects the...ahem..subtlety, of the race. It also tracks with the cosmic part of the MCU having a root aesthetic in Jack Kirby's work. 

60719a9c1ebed0f52a5d8f92acbe7c6473b4e573

And,much like Vision, Adam Warlocks first encounter was with Thor, I mean you can literally see the similarity.

You can have a preference for an particular aesthetic, but if you wish to be critical of a choice, you really should educate yourself on why the design choice was made.

40 minutes ago, SamVimes said:

Adam's creators in the MCU are The Sovereign, His costume reflects the...ahem..subtlety, of the race. It also tracks with the cosmic part of the MCU having a root aesthetic in Jack Kirby's work. 

And,much like Vision, Adam Warlocks first encounter was with Thor, I mean you can literally see the similarity.

You can have a preference for an particular aesthetic, but if you wish to be critical of a choice, you really should educate yourself on why the design choice was made.

Doesn't change the fact the suits are too distracting, look at how many lines there are on the suit, i didn't even see the skull until the lego figure leaked, this is like them trying to split spiderman's belt (not talking about the MCU), but hey thats my opinion, i prefer most comic book suits over the MCU ones, but i get why they have to modernize suits like daredevil, you can't have a guy in bright red latex go beat up people and expect for people to take it seriously, i think they should've went for either the red suit or the Abnett suit, the red suit because i can see it looking like the sovereign and aysha, and abnett because they already used the 2008 design for the guardians', the "zombie hunter" spiderman figure is super distracting, i can't stand the unnecessary lines on the blue, they could've made it blend into the other blue by using a similiar blue, but the black clashes way too hard with the blue and red, not to mention the fact they're really thick, the 838 mr fantastic suit is also pretty over designed but you're probably just gonna say "its supposed to be tech-y", i was gonna make a post replying to the eternals suit, but the picture size was too big and i was lazy to compress it, Ikari's suit is so busy, vision too, at the end of the day its still me and MANY other peoples' opinion, you can like them if you want, we aren't trying to force you into hating them, just making points against suits like any ant-man suit after civil war.

Edited by Goofster

As long as the design is comic accurate (as in I can point at the character and say “Hey, that’s ___ from the comics”), I’ll probably be okay with the design. I actually don’t mind costumes that are “overdesigned” as long as it compliments the character (i.e. Moon Knight’s wraps and hieroglyphs or Kamala’s Pakistani-inspired suit).

28 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Doesn't change the fact the suits are too distracting, look at how many lines there are on the suit, i didn't even see the skull until the lego figure leaked, this is like them trying to split spiderman's belt (not talking about the MCU), but hey thats my opinion, i prefer most comic book suits over the MCU ones, but i get why they have to modernize suits like daredevil, you can't have a guy in bright red latex go beat up people and expect for people to take it seriously, i think they should've went for either the red suit or the Abnett suit, the red suit because i can see it looking like the sovereign and aysha, and abnett because they already used the 2008 design for the guardians', the "zombie hunter" spiderman figure is super distracting, i can't stand the unnecessary lines on the blue, they could've made it blend into the other blue by using a similiar blue, but the black clashes way too hard with the blue and red, not to mention the fact they're really thick, the 838 mr fantastic suit is also pretty over designed but you're probably just gonna say "its supposed to be tech-y", i was gonna make a post replying to the eternals suit, but the picture size was too big and i was lazy to compress it, Ikari's suit is so busy, vision too, at the end of the day its still me and MANY other peoples' opinion, you can like them if you want, we aren't trying to force you into hating them, just making points against suits like any ant-man suit after civil war.

The lines give additional focus to create the flow of musculature, I mean most of the MCU costumes follow that rule. 

Comic book suits have the luxury of not having a real person in them. 

Even in your example of good costume design, Deadpool, Still has a ton of lines for flow and movement, not to mention they have to mocap the eyes in. And even Reynolds gets odd fabric snags and pulls. 

main-qimg-fe4a6348c42ab87fd5d6850d140376

Zombie hunter Spider-Man has quite pronounced black sections to his suit

1*iQKp1eUpJL_zsGePQynR1g.jpeg

And the the 838 mr fantastic suit? oh, you mean the suit that was completely developed through CGI, because of COVID travel restricions? That is basically Deadpool's costume in blue?

azop193wt0f91.jpg

Oh and even the designer is critical of it, as one would expect given COVID messing with the world. 

"at the end of the day it's still me and MANY other peoples' opinion, you can like them if you want, we aren't trying to force you into hating them, just making points against suits like any ant-man suit after civil war."

Harlan Ellison once said “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” Ignorance in this case obviously isn't an insult, just a state of being.

And therein lies the rub. Valid critique is based on sensible reasoning. Since Marvel has teams of artists & designers who have design documents, fabrication resources, and costumers means almost every layperson who has an opinion about a design choice, doesn't have enough knowledge to have an informed opinion. 

How well does something translate to Lego? That's harder since the Lego designers, while having access to Marvels files, have to tread a very careful line to produce a good physical product.

Why are you taking this so personally as if you designed every suit yourself?

The guy just said they didnt like how some superheroes from a movie look, go get some icecream or something!

46 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

based, it ain't that deep, all i said was i don't like some costumes, he put his heart into these replies.

Alright, this is getting into a straight up MCU discussion and not a LEGO discussion. Let's drop it now please.

Was thinking maybe Asgard or a New Asgard as the D2C could be in the mix, would love the rainbow bridge, Heimdall, Warriors three, Odin figures. Not sure how likely we are to get this though. I still think the safest bet is an Avengers Tower but who knows maybe Lego will surprise me

My guess would be its a buildable razor crest sized quinjet.

would love an avengers mansion with comic book avengers, especially wasp and henry.

Edited by Goofster

5 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

Couldn't it be the Bowie?

If youre referring to the D2C set, I would love that but it seems unlikely theyd release a big version and a normal version in the same year. But who knows your guess is as good as any 

9 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

…why would they dedicate such a large set to a brand new vehicle? :tongue: Giant D2C sets are always based on something iconic that has long been established. Too big of a risk otherwise

So blade was supposed to release this year, did lego push the sets back? I would love for them to slip up like they did with black widow so we could get blade.

15 minutes ago, Goofster said:

So blade was supposed to release this year, did lego push the sets back? I would love for them to slip up like they did with black widow so we could get blade.

Blade was delayed far enough out that lego probably didn't have sets in development, certainly not far enough in development to have them still release at the original time. 

Even when/if blade releases, I don't think sets are guaranteed. It's not the most family-friendly property, so even if the movie is gonna be PG-13 I don't think we can count on sets. Be nice to get some though.

7 hours ago, kevkipo said:

i think i would pass out if the d2c was anything gotg related, what can i say! theyre my favorite mcu family!

So don't we have a few unknown sets left? My theory is one of them would be a spoilery gotg set: consisting of: high evolutionary with a more comic like appearance, the scenes hes been showed in are very specific (but thats just a theory), gamora in her sort of black ravager suit, some random guardian, maybe warlock and

that one rumor of star lord getting his 2008 abnett comic run helmet

In my opinion there is no real reason to hide a set.  all the characters were used for marketing… unless there are important things that we don't know about but personally I doubt it

About that the marvels set, wasn't the BP WF spoiler set the same thing? Around 500 pieces for 90$, my hope is it's the same case and we get new cosmic heroes like nova, I'd say it would be: carol, photon, kamala, the villain, nick and a cosmic hero? Maybe hulkling?

Edited by Goofster

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

About that the marvels set, wasn't the BP WF spoiler set the same thing? Around 500 pieces for 90$, my hope is it's the same case and we get new cosmic heroes like nova, I'd say it would be: carol, photon, kamala, the villain, nick and a cosmic hero? Maybe hulkling?

It would be a dream to get Hulkling or Nova, but we're not getting either.

From what I've seen, all the promotional material to drop or leak has only included the three stars. Even a Hasbro leak a few months back only had the three. Maybe we get Fury, but I would expect only them.

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

It would be a dream to get Hulkling or Nova, but we're not getting either.

From what I've seen, all the promotional material to drop or leak has only included the three stars. Even a Hasbro leak a few months back only had the three. Maybe we get Fury, but I would expect only them.

There's alot of pessimism around this set.  A 420 piece set for $90 surely cant contain just 3 figures. 

Comparing the price to equivalent recent sets gives you 5-8 figures (war in water and iron man armoury). And those were thought to be ludicrously priced. This set has fewer pieces again (war on water is 545 pieces and the armoury is 496). 

Then at the other side of things, the latest hulkbuster has 385 pieces and 4 figures and costs half the price! 

I can't see them releasing a set without a villain either. Even if we don't know who it is, lego will receive more info to design the sets. They have form for spoilers. 

So my guess, based on the above is a set with a spaceship made with some fairly large pieces. Plus 5-6 figures

Marvels x 3

Nick Fury

Plus 1 or 2 more ( kree and a skull?)

Edited by squiz18

10 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

There's alot of pessimism around this set.  A 420 piece set for $90 surely cant contain just 3 figures. 

Comparing the price to equivalent recent sets gives you 5-8 figures (war in water and iron man armoury). And those were thought to be ludicrously priced. This set has fewer pieces again (war on water is 545 pieces and the armoury is 496). 

Then at the other side of things, the latest hulkbuster has 385 pieces and 4 figures and costs half the price! 

I can't see them releasing a set without a villain either. Even if we don't know who it is, lego will receive more info to design the sets. They have form for spoilers. 

So my guess, based on the above is a set with a spaceship made with some fairly large pieces. Plus 5-6 figures

Marvels x 3

Nick Fury

Plus 1 or 2 more ( kree and a skull?)

I'm not being pessimistic at all. I currently have no reason to assume there will be anyone other than the main three. If Hasbro or Funko or Hot Wheels leak toys of anybody else, then I'll alter my expectations. 

8 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I currently have no reason to assume there will be anyone other than the main three.

There most likely is gonna be a villain or sort of villain character, theres always a villain to fight lol.

16 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I'm not being pessimistic at all. I currently have no reason to assume there will be anyone other than the main three. If Hasbro or Funko or Hot Wheels leak toys of anybody else, then I'll alter my expectations. 

That is wildly pessimistic based on the price and piece count that we already know. You have every reason to assume there will be more figures due to the price.

What else is going to be in there to make it 90 dollars if it just has 3 figures?