Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

She's the face of what if... ofc they're gonna make a morbillion of her, just like they do with luke, just like iron man, just like batman just like mando etc personally the animated what if show is super mid, only 2 episodes were good, hank pym gone mad and the erik killmonger one, doesn't deserve the spotlight imo.

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I will personally firebomb the home of whichever lego exec does this. I swear, if we get a third captain carter in as many years...

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As a side note, not to minimod but let's just everybody calm down a bit.

No, no, you've got a point.

Sometimes I take things a bit too far, and I think I should apologize.

I never meant to offend anyone, I'm truly sorry I ever implied he didn't like Morbius (2022).

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ok I know what I just said but I will personally firebomb the home of whichever lego exec does this. I swear, if we get a third captain carter in as many years...

You're betting on the wrong horse then

Edited by PGBQW

33 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

No, no, you've got a point.

Sometimes I take things a bit too far, and I think I should apologize.

I never meant to offend anyone, I'm truly sorry I ever implied he didn't like Morbius (2022).

On his behalf I accept your apology. You can't just go around implying people don't like Morbius (2022)

1 hour ago, Goofster said:

She's the face of what if... ofc they're gonna make a morbillion of her, just like they do with luke, just like iron man, just like batman just like mando etc personally the animated what if show is super mid, only 2 episodes were good, hank pym gone mad and the erik killmonger one, doesn't deserve the spotlight imo.

What, I thought the only good ones were the fallen Strange and infinite Ultron ones! But as for being the face of what if... I mean, does she need to be? It's an anthology show.

37 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

You're betting on the wrong horse then

It's the right horse if I want an excuse to firebomb a house.

I hope we get some more concrete info on the summer sets soon. We still don't even know if the cycles set is TWS or AoU.

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's the right horse if I want an excuse to firebomb a house.

Based

53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What, I thought the only good ones were the fallen Strange and infinite Ultron ones! But as for being the face of what if... I mean, does she need to be? It's an anthology show.

I hope we get some more concrete info on the summer sets soon. We still don't even know if the cycles set is TWS or AoU.

To me, that ultron episode was a bit goofy after he got all the infinity gems, strange was interesting but i wouldn't consider it good, to them, what if is just swapping characters "what if morbius was namor", nothing interesting, just namor but its dr michael morbius, plain, boring, uninteresting,

whilst you have what if killmonger worked with stark than betrayed him and killed him taking over wakanda, and they destroyed that with their goofy finale, the hank pym one, i don't need to explain.

what if its based off of civil war?

48 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Based

Memes aside, morbius is the most boring, stiff, uninteresting, plain, goofy, unnecessary and unwatchable movie that will ever grace this earth.

i am convinced this movie was filmed 23 years ago, but sony forgot to release it so they just put it on imax real quick, its actually a 2000s superhero movie, it isnt even a joke anymore...

2 hours ago, Goofster said:

Which is very strange... There is nothing remotely compelling about captain Carter apart from a simple gimmick. The actress is fun but imo this doesn't hold the same gravitas as say Iron Man.

There are a ton of characters more deserving of leading man / woman spotlight. And Marvel has a huge problem writing female heroes, which they are only recently trying to solve (a bit).

But maybe 'What If' just isn't my cup of tea, with all the episodes they had, they really didn't do a lot of very interesting things, most of the times it was just very depressing.

To me cool questions would have been: What if the first Avengers movie but with other characters? Or what if the teams in Infinity War switched places etc.

Putting existing characters in new situations instead of this alienating 'variants' schmuck.

Edited by kevkipo

43 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Memes aside, morbius is the most boring, stiff, uninteresting, plain, goofy, unnecessary and unwatchable movie that will ever grace this earth.

No, that would be Sir Billi, but Morbius isn't much better anyway.

43 minutes ago, mgetz said:

would love if Werewolf by night was featured in the CMF

Same, but imagine lego makes him in B&W lol. Still would be cool though

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The possibility that it could be AoU is haunting. I just really want that WS cap! I’m also hoping deep down that the Cap Shield will include his costume from the first avenger. That’ll basically complete all the major figs I’ve been wanting from the marvel theme.

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

Same!!!

Also, with Lego's latest interest in mechs and buildable figures, a Man-Thing buildable for Halloween would be one of the few figures I'd be ecstatic to get.

59 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Same, but imagine lego makes him in B&W lol. Still would be cool though

I doubt it. Every time a new film or show comes out, Disney will hire actors to mascot the characters at Avengers Campus (I'm using AC as a reference to predict other characters in the series). The day after Werewolf by night released, both Jack and Elsa were there in their respective colors. Surely Marvel and other toy companies would have reference material to colorize the characters if included.

Edited by Buckethead

2 hours ago, mgetz said:

You and me both. I'd also love to get Elsa Bloodstone but that probably won't happen. The 2 figures I want most are Werewolf-By-Night and Moon Knight.

6 hours ago, kevkipo said:

Which is very strange... There is nothing remotely compelling about captain Carter apart from a simple gimmick. The actress is fun but imo this doesn't hold the same gravitas as say Iron Man.

There are a ton of characters more deserving of leading man / woman spotlight. And Marvel has a huge problem writing female heroes, which they are only recently trying to solve (a bit).

But maybe 'What If' just isn't my cup of tea, with all the episodes they had, they really didn't do a lot of very interesting things, most of the times it was just very depressing.

To me cool questions would have been: What if the first Avengers movie but with other characters? Or what if the teams in Infinity War switched places etc.

Putting existing characters in new situations instead of this alienating 'variants' schmuck.

Here's a list of What If, stories https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_If_(comics)

I do think that What If, season one, lived up to its name. + a team up.

Regarding Kahhori, as a LEGO minifig. It would be totally OK for me.

Ms.Marvel, shouldn't she show up in the 76232 Marvel 2 set?

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Ms.Marvel, shouldn't she show up in the 76232 Marvel 2 set?

But her costume from the movie looks awful but her show costume was pretty great .

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

But her costume from the movie looks awful but her show costume was pretty great .

Agreed, marvel needs to stop this over designing issue, only 15% of their "modernized" suits look good. Not coming from a comic book biase since there are suits i prefer over comic accurate ones.

I really hate all those MCU uniforms. I guess it works for Lego as one torso/ leg combo works for all. :(

20 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I really hate all those MCU uniforms. I guess it works for Lego as one torso/ leg combo works for all. :(

More than half of the guardians had the same suit in 2008 dan abnett's run, doesnt bother me imo. Just would be nice to get some variation like mantis, drax and gamora if they included her.

10 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Ms. Marvel's show costume is one of the best in the entire MCU! The new one looks okay in the poster for The Marvels but it's just too much. I really hope we get a standard Ms. Marvel in the CMF series and then the space costume variant in The Marvels set. 

12 hours ago, Goofster said:

Agreed, marvel needs to stop this over designing issue, only 15% of their "modernized" suits look good. Not coming from a comic book biase since there are suits i prefer over comic accurate ones.

They don't "over design"? The costumes have to work as functional props. That 'busy' look you dislike hides panels for stretch and movement, not to mention fabrics have texture and structure. with a few exceptions like Spider-Man and Black Panther, So the Hero costumes have weathering and detail in spades, because otherwise it would all look like JJ's 'Jewel' costume.

jessica-jones-06.jpg

If the The Marvel: Universe of Superheroes exhibit is ever near you, you should check it out, the design process is shown for more than one of the exhibits.

On 3/16/2023 at 12:33 AM, SamVimes said:

I get that, but iron spider is cgi right? But costumes like the new ms marvel one is what i mean, its not necessary at all, they couldve went with the show comic accurate modernized one, i get that you can't put a short hairy canadian man in a yellow spandex suit that looks like pikachu in a movie, but comic book hero suits should look like something like deadpool's suit, comic accurate and modernized.

+ Warlock's suit is pretty "overdesigned" too, looks like an eternals suit which are also completely "overdesigned"

[thr picture is gone cuz i needed space]

Edited by Goofster

1 hour ago, Goofster said:

I get that, but iron spider is cgi right? But costumes like the new ms marvel one is what i mean, its not necessary at all, they couldve went with the show comic accurate modernized one, i get that you can't put a short hairy canadian man in a yellow spandex suit that looks like pikachu in a movie, but comic book hero suits should look like something like deadpool's suit, comic accurate and modernized.

+ Warlock's suit is pretty "overdesigned" too, looks like an eternals suit which are also completely "overdesigned"

image.jpeg.5a9b1671a5667c287d350580b7b11591.jpeg

I'd agree Warlock's is overdesigned, but Eternals' armor was all basically flat armor with the circular patterns... not really much to them at all other than the various cape styles, and the patterns are consistent with the exposition in the movie.

7 hours ago, Goofster said:

Yes but then again the Guardians movies have always been awful with designs. Star Lords jacket, Gamora's suit in the second film, Ego's whole design, Starhawk, The Nova Corps, all of the Ravagers etc etc.

On 3/15/2023 at 7:44 AM, Agent Kallus said:

The one with a star and mohawk, the terrible one? Or do you mean the costume she has when she switches places with Carol Danvers? I like the latter costume. Mohawk one? naah. Seen it on a google search and not sure if that is a real deal or not?

the “originalfunko” page confirms that Captain Carter's funko soda belongs to What if… so we have confirmation of at least two CMFs :-D

13 minutes ago, Shiva said:

The one with a star and mohawk, the terrible one? Or do you mean the costume she has when she switches places with Carol Danvers? I like the latter costume. Mohawk one? naah. Seen it on a google search and not sure if that is a real deal or not?

Her actual hero costume, not the cosplay one she wears at the start

33 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

the “originalfunko” page confirms that Captain Carter's funko soda belongs to What if… so we have confirmation of at least two CMFs :-D

Three if you count Hela.