Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

As much as I’d love coverage from the Winter Soldier, haven’t Infinity Saga sets historically been quite accurate to the source material? In this case, there was never a ‘bike chase’ scene in the film.

But I suppose there’s no hard and fast rule at play here, and it would be awesome to get Cap in his stealth suit. I still maintain that a buildable $200 shield just feels ridiculous, but it certainly pairs up well with last year’s hammer. Personal opinions aside, I’d be very interested to learn to what degree these buildable figures / sculptures take up slots from System-scale sets, if that does happen to begin with.

Edited by Kaijumeister

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

As much as I’d love coverage from the Winter Soldier, haven’t Infinity Saga sets historically been quite accurate to the source material? In this case, there was never a ‘bike chase’ scene in the film.

I can’t think of any instance of Black Widow and Captain America being involved in a bike chase per se in any other films either. Age of Ultron I guess comes close when Black Widow was riding that bike as they fought Ultron’s for vision’s body in that truck. But it’d admittedly be weird to translate that scene to a set and only include the bike and not the Quinjet and truck.

Also, the sets aren’t super accurate. The latest Hall of Amor had Tong fighting Whiplash using suits from Iron Man 3 and Endgame with Nick Fury there. The Avengers compound was destroyed by the time Thanos and Scarlet Witch were duking it out. And of course there’s some very obvious scaling issues with Sanctuary II and Iron Monger.

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

As much as I’d love coverage from the Winter Soldier, haven’t Infinity Saga sets historically been quite accurate to the source material? In this case, there was never a ‘bike chase’ scene in the film

Not per se, but they could be mixing different aspects. Cap uses a motorcycle in multiple scenes, Cap, BW, Falcon and WS have the bridge chase. I could maybe see it from Civil War when they are in the market area since BW had a bike and was chasing the guy with the virus. But I am praying for a WS set and not just a remake of the Crossbones Hazard Heist

4 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

So with all the "confidential" leaks from the Lego survey being pretty much identical with no changes, I think its safe to say that X-Mansion will be disappointing.

Um, which ones are you referring to? None of the survey leak sets have been revealed or even rumoured for release yet. Rivendell was not part of that particular leak, it just happened to leak around the same time with the same type of watermark :classic:

30 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

So with all the "confidential" leaks from the Lego survey being pretty much identical with no changes, I think its safe to say that X-Mansion will be disappointing.

The Mansion seems fine considering its Comics inspired and super early.

Gotta say It was weirdly elevated though. They have the building is 3-4 bricks off the ground?! , Not enough for a basement tall enough for minifigs so No idea why they have done that?!? 
The picture also doesnt show how deep it goes It looks atleast 6 studs deep! 

Atleast its given me the kick to get on with my own mansion, Just about finished the middle third of it.
AdBo6qd.jpg

33 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Gotta say It was weirdly elevated though. They have the building is 3-4 bricks off the ground?! , Not enough for a basement tall enough for minifigs so No idea why they have done that?!? 

Just a design choice, there are a set of stairs to the front door so it makes sense the house is a bit elevated. It's just the foundation of the house.

16 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Just a design choice, there are a set of stairs to the front door so it makes sense the house is a bit elevated. It's just the foundation of the house.

I mean almost four bricks is a LOT for a foundation though Lego sets rarely get past a Brick for foundation usually. Heck the Disney Castle is only 4 Plates off the ground. The massive Lion Castle is just a plate of foundation. Whilst not big enough for a basement like the danger roomTheres deffo something in there like greeble or easter eggs. Four bricks is more than enough for a backdrop for a cerebro or Danger room!

12 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

I mean almost four bricks is a LOT for a foundation though Lego sets rarely get past a Brick for foundation usually. Heck the Disney Castle is only 4 Plates off the ground. The massive Lion Castle is just a plate of foundation. Whilst not big enough for a basement like the danger roomTheres deffo something in there like greeble or easter eggs. Four bricks is more than enough for a backdrop for a cerebro or Danger room!

True, but it's just the outside, for all we know it goes down in the actual interior, somewhat similar to what 70912 did, or even the lobby/help desk in  10937. Plus this is most likely an unfinished product. If you look at the toy fair images of 75954 it also has a far bigger foundation than in the final product.

According to brickmerge.de on Instagram of exabrickslegogo the marvel d2c will retail for $524,99, with 5261 pieces and a release window of November 2023.

Hopefully it is the Avengers/Stark tower. But that a price......

1 hour ago, Bricknificent said:

According to brickmerge.de on Instagram of exabrickslegogo the marvel d2c will retail for $524,99, with 5261 pieces and a release window of November 2023.

Hopefully it is the Avengers/Stark tower. But that a price......

I'd guess it has figures given the piece count is relatively low considering the pricing. At the moment it's looking like a set to pick up on discount or offer judging by that price per piece though.

----

Been waiting a little bit in hopes that more sources would report on the rumours and/or give more details regarding sets. As we are nearing March 1st, shall do an update to the list:

• March sets removed, as they release shortly
  • Venomized Groot moved to June, as per Promobricks
  • Captain Marvel 2 set moved to August, as per Promobricks
  • 76269 D2C added for November
  • Disclaimer added due to release date reshuffles due to delays and conflicting reports on release dates

Updated List:

Hide contents

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

• 76251: Star-Lord's Helmet
  • 76253: Guardians of the Galaxy Headquarters
  • 76254: Baby Rocket's Ship
  • 76255: The New Guardians' Ship

May 2023 (Total 1):

• 76256: Ant-Man Construction Figure

JUNE 2023 (Total 4):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 6):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

NOVEMBER (Total 1)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 4):

Rumored/Other sets:

• X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new sets

Was just looking over the upcoming set list kindly put together by @Scarilian and noticed that I completely missed the ridiculous ppp on the Captain Marvel 2 set (whenever it was that we found out about that). It must have like 10 minifigures, right? Even with a bunch of big parts, 420 pieces for $90 is downright absurd.

7 hours ago, Meadius said:

Was just looking over the upcoming set list kindly put together by @Scarilian and noticed that I completely missed the ridiculous ppp on the Captain Marvel 2 set (whenever it was that we found out about that). It must have like 10 minifigures, right? Even with a bunch of big parts, 420 pieces for $90 is downright absurd.

At the moment I would lean to it being a similar set to the 76216: Iron Man Armory which had 496 pieces for $90. I think realistically it'd have 3xMarvels, Nick Fury, Skrull, Kree, Flerkin (New mould with the tentacles?) and probably the main villain or a member of Kamala's family.

Naturally this could however wind up being another construction figure or a buildable Flerkin though...

8 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

At the moment I would lean to it being a similar set to the 76216: Iron Man Armory which had 496 pieces for $90. I think realistically it'd have 3xMarvels, Nick Fury, Skrull, Kree, Flerkin (New mould with the tentacles?) and probably the main villain or a member of Kamala's family.

Naturally this could however wind up being another construction figure or a buildable Flerkin though...

The armory did have a lot of Minifigures, but most of them were repeat prints. Only three, I think, were new, unless you count the new helmet mold.

I feel confident we'll get the three protagonists, but I hope they include more. 

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

That must be the best case scenario for that set, with the build presumably being a spaceship. The war on the water set is the same price with slightly more pieces but 3 fewer figures. 

We seem to get pretty decent discounts on both the armoury and black panther boat in the UK (20-30% at least) so hopefully this will continue. 

I guess maybe the silver lining of the Marvels set being a "wait for a discount" set is that the CMF will hopefully be enough to keep us all occupied for a while 😅

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I guess maybe the silver lining of the Marvels set being a "wait for a discount" set is that the CMF will hopefully be enough to keep us all occupied for a while 😅

Especially if everyone is taking scales into the shop to weigh the boxes 😅

23 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Updated List:

Reveal hidden contents

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

• 76251: Star-Lord's Helmet
  • 76253: Guardians of the Galaxy Headquarters
  • 76254: Baby Rocket's Ship
  • 76255: The New Guardians' Ship

May 2023 (Total 1):

• 76256: Ant-Man Construction Figure

JUNE 2023 (Total 4):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 6):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

NOVEMBER (Total 1)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 4):

Rumored/Other sets:

• X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new sets

Thank you SOOO much for this! It is IMMENSELY helpful!!

2 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Especially if everyone is taking scales into the shop to weigh the boxes 😅

Is this actually a real thing that can be done? I've seen a couple people mention something along those lines, but I wasn't sure if it could really be done... does anyone know of they will still be in big boxes of 36? I've always just bought one of those anytime I wanted to be sure I completed a CMF Series. With the new packaging tho, I hadn't heard of those boxes would still be available. One other thing... are they making 12 again? I always hoped they would go back to 16 or 18, like they did for the newest Disney CMF Series. I know... wishful thinking! But there are BY FAR more than enough characters to make double that!

On 2/26/2023 at 7:57 PM, Kaijumeister said:

Personal opinions aside, I’d be very interested to learn to what degree these buildable figures / sculptures take up slots from System-scale sets, if that does happen to begin with.

This may be a REALLY dumb question, so I apologize in advance... but what is a "system-scale" set??

46 minutes ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

This may be a REALLY dumb question, so I apologize in advance... but what is a "system-scale" set??

System-scale typically refers to sets being minifigure-scale, since those sets are considered regular "system" (meaning brick) sets. Constraction and Technic are other categories Lego makes. In this case it's a little weird though, since the buildable figures are mostly brick built, but more in the vein of constraction stuff like Bionicle (albeit not as cool, in my opinion).

Edit: I should probably also clarify that a more accurate term for the original poster to use might have been "minifigure-scale" since system doesn't have an inherent scale; microscale and minifigure-scale sets are both typically considered system. 

Edited by Meadius
Clarification

Some What If...? Funko Sodas have started popping up (Captain Carter and a new character, Kahhori).

What's the likelihood of a set in near future?

1 hour ago, CowInADenBuilds said:

Is this actually a real thing that can be done? I've seen a couple people mention something along those lines, but I wasn't sure if it could really be done... does anyone know of they will still be in big boxes of 36? I've always just bought one of those anytime I wanted to be sure I completed a CMF Series. With the new packaging tho, I hadn't heard of those boxes would still be available. One other thing... are they making 12 again? I always hoped they would go back to 16 or 18, like they did for the newest Disney CMF Series. I know... wishful thinking! But there are BY FAR more than enough characters to make double that!

Haha I don't know either, I've just seen it mentioned. I guess in theory it should be possible, but you'd probably need a super sensitive set of scales. I enjoyed going to the shops with my son and feeling the bags, getting a few at a time. Took a few weeks to do it so felt like an achievement to do it. I'll miss that and probably end up buying a complete set from somewhere. 

I'm with you on a series of 18. we don't know how mnay there will be.  Keeping my fingers crossed for 18 though! The disney series that's just been announced looks great. 

I'm definitely hoping the CMF series has 18 minifigures too.  There will be more content to cover than the first series did, and 18 would still be evenly distributed in a box of 36, with the Disney 100th series demonstrating that they are still willing to do an 18 minifigure series.

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Realistically, it will have nothing more than the three Marvels. Anything other than that will be an unexpected bonus at this point.