Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

i mean if anything i would just buy less sets, but to be honest most of the marvel sets i buy are for the figures, so if it really gets that bad I would just buy them on the secondary market:shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Surge said:

i mean if anything i would just buy less sets, but to be honest most of the marvel sets i buy are for the figures

Same here, so it looks like I'll be saving a lot of money this year

I've already bought the Morbius set, and plan on getting the Quinjet, Hulk mech, the smallest and biggest Guardians (though I'll wait for a discount on Bowie), then down the line the Cap/Widow bike and NWH are the only sets that sound appealing to me

So between the Hulkbuster (a good looking set that I would've bought if it had more than one exclusive figures), 2 mechs, the Ghost Rider mech, 4 buildable figures, the characterless Rocket ship, a pencil pot and a giant shield, that's at least £500 worth of LEGO I won't be purchasing

Honestly, the fact that I need to be really picky with my Lego spending this year, and with the Marvel burnout finally catching up to me recently, I feel better about mostly dropping this theme for the foreseeable future.

It’s funny how I was casually into Marvel for a while but couldn’t get into the Lego sets because I found the theme to be kinda lackluster. Then in 2020 when I got really into the MCU during COVID times, I started collecting the sets I did like and then in 2021, when everyone was still on that Marvel high, Lego had the strongest year for the theme in a while, with the Daily Bugle, the Infinity Saga line, the first CMF series and the first Advent Calendar. And then almost immediately, Lego seems to have lost that momentum in 2022 and 2023. The oversaturation of mediocre 18+ sets and lame buildable objects like Thor’s Hammer, the Black Panther bust, Hulkbuster and now Cap’s Shield play a big role in my recent disinterest for the theme. With a few exceptions, like Gargantos and the Goat Boat, a lot of the smaller sets haven’t been that interesting or good either, and to make matters worse I haven’t been loving a lot of the source material either. The prices have also been even worse than usual.

As it stands, there’s still a fair number of sets I plan on getting this year. From last year, I still need to get the Sanctum Sanctorum and I’m saving up my VIP points to get the Iron Man Armory just to keep my Lego Iron Man collection going. I also like the recent Quinjet and from the upcoming sets, I only plan on getting the NWH set and the new CMF series. I was considering the new Guardians sets as well until I saw how inaccurate the Bowie is and how mediocre Rocket’s ship looks. If this new giant Marvel D2C is actually something good like Avenger’s Tower, that’s something I’d probably get but not for a long while, as I’m also pretty burnt out on expensive D2Cs in general. They’re just not as cool or special as before. Beyond those sets I mentioned, Marvel’s going back to being a theme I only collect on occasion.

BrickClicker just released a new video covering the D2Cs among other sets, and although he doesn't confirm it in the video, the description reads:

Marvel is also set to get a mega $525 set which will finally be that Lego Avengers Tower everyone has been wanting for such a long time!

NEW LEGO LEAKS! (Batman, Disney, Star Wars & MORE!) - YouTube

Edited by doclord

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

BrickClicker just released a new video covering the D2Cs among other sets, and although he doesn't mention it in the video, the description reads:

Marvel is also set to get a mega $525 set which will finally be that Lego Avengers Tower everyone has been wanting for such a long time!

NEW LEGO LEAKS! (Batman, Disney, Star Wars & MORE!) - YouTube

I think that's just meant as a joke. In the video he mentioned he was thinking it might finally be the tower because "what else is there to do?" He doesn't actually know the details yet, otherwise it would’ve been said in the video.

As much as I am a big Marvel fan, I am not really a big MCU fan. As long as Lego makes Marvel sets that are not MCU specific, I will buy them. Classic sets are the best.

12 minutes ago, hikouki said:

As much as I am a big Marvel fan, I am not really a big MCU fan. As long as Lego makes Marvel sets that are not MCU specific, I will buy them. Classic sets are the best.

Could you imagine the shit storm if the Avengers Tower is comics based!

2 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

I for one would love to get more comic based versions of the Avengers.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but on instagram FoggyFate (who I am assuming is the same guy posting here) used a image of The Batcave when he posted about what we later found out is The Batcave. Could just be a coincidence, maybe not. That said, his post for the $500 Marvel set had The Helicarrier and Avengers Tower.

Edited by psqidexslizer

25 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Comic-based Avengers Tower would fit better with the Daily Bugle, and in all honestly, MCU Avenger's Tower would be pretty boring.

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Comic-based Avengers Tower would fit better with the Daily Bugle, and in all honestly, MCU Avenger's Tower would be pretty boring.

I am getting tired of Lego reusing minifig heads, then slapping them on to a common torso/leg combo (aka "uniform") then calling several of these as a "set." (i.e., upcoming GOTG sets). Comic versions allow for the characters to showcase their identity. MCU is getting boring.

I would be fine with a comic based Avengers Tower, but I would be extremely surprised if they actually did that. The MCU one is way too iconic at this point. Even the Avengers tower in sets based on the game was based on the MCU one, rather than the one that actually appeared ingame. Spider-man is the only marvel character left for which they're actually making comic based sets, so a comic based Daily Bugle made sense (not to mention the actual building isn't really part of the mcu yet, and the Raimi one probably has some copyright issues or something.) I feel like the Sanctum is more of an indication of what's to come.

3 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

Might be the only way to get characters outside the same ones we’ve gotten 20x over by now. I’d more than welcome it. 

Niche options include Wonder Man, Black Knight, Beast, and Hercules (without even moving past the 1960s). Hell, maybe we’d even get the Kang or Baron Zemo we keep getting cheated out of. 

Edited by PARed717

I would definitely prefer a comics based Avengers Tower. It could give us so many characters we might not get otherwise. If it was MCU based we’d just get the millionth Iron Man, Cap, Black Widow etc. I’d be surprised if we even got a Hulk with the lack of big figs lately. I do feel like Avengers Mansion is used more in the comics though over the tower but I could be wrong.

If it’s comic based I’d only take Avengers Mansion or the Baxter Building (X-Mansion as well but we know it’s not that) I don’t think there much else they could do.

I wonder if the existence of the Batcave D2C hinders the possibility of the Marvel D2C also being a building. Is a D2C Quinjet possible, even if they just made a system one?

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

58 minutes ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I wonder if the existence of the Batcave D2C hinders the possibility of the Marvel D2C also being a building. Is a D2C Quinjet possible, even if they just made a system one?

the probability of it being a quinjet is really low, considering the pattern wheve got going:

jan 2021- whole wave of spidey figures to be reused in the bugle

may 2022- bugle comes out, reusing almost every figure from the jan wave  

jan 2022- multiverse of madness set with dr strange being reused in the sanctum

august 2022- sanctum comes out, reusing dr strange, and the gargantos eye piece

jan 2023- new quinjet with avengers figs (d2c avengers tower?)

summer 2022-550$ marvel d2c rumored to come out 

pattern is small retail set(s) in janurary that can acompany larger set in the summer, and considering how well the bugle and sanctum sold, i dont think lego is going to stop making marvel modular style d2cs.

(designer of the buge previously stated in an interview that in order to have as many figures in the bugle as they did, the figures needed to be reused in smaller, retail sets)(only the spiderman sets where comic based to corespond with the comic based bugle, gargantos showdown from 2022 is blatantly mcu based,with the sanctum also being mcu based

so, we can theorize that the 550$ marve d2c is made to acompany the 2023 quinjet ( note that it might not be the 550$ one and could in theory be any rumored d2c)

Edited by living_off_lego

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

If it’s comic based I’d only take Avengers Mansion or the Baxter Building (X-Mansion as well but we know it’s not that) I don’t think there much else they could do.

How do we know it’s not the X-Mansion? 

12 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I guess people are assuming since all those crazy leaks were in a survey and looked unfinished they're not coming out for a while. A number of those sets would actually make a great deal of sense releasing within a year though, with X-Men '97 in Autumn, Zelda in May and Disney's anniversary this year too.

Hopefully though, for my wallet's sake, they'll hold them off until next year at the earliest. 

11 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:
31 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:
29 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I guess people are assuming since all those crazy leaks were in a survey and looked unfinished they're not coming out for a while. A number of those sets would actually make a great deal of sense releasing within a year though, with X-Men '97 in Autumn, Zelda in May and Disney's anniversary this year too.

Hopefully though, for my wallet's sake, they'll hold them off until next year at the earliest. 

No that's not it at all.

And some of them are almost definitely coming out this year(Disney 100 sets for example) and most (but not all) of them looked pretty finished IMO

No the real reason is because Foggy straight up said it wasn't the X-mansion and that that was probably a 2024 set.

31 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

the probability of it being a quinjet is really low, considering the pattern wheve got going:

jan 2021- whole wave of spidey figures to be reused in the bugle

may 2022- bugle comes out, reusing almost every figure from the jan wave  

jan 2022- multiverse of madness set with dr strange being reused in the sanctum

august 2022- sanctum comes out, reusing dr strange, and the gargantos eye piece

jan 2023- new quinjet with avengers figs (d2c avengers tower?)

summer 2022-550$ marvel d2c rumored to come out 

pattern is small retail set(s) in janurary that can acompany larger set in the summer, and considering how well the bugle and sanctum sold, i dont think lego is going to stop making marvel modular style d2cs.

(designer of the buge previously stated in an interview that in order to have as many figures in the bugle as they did, the figures needed to be reused in smaller, retail sets)(only the spiderman sets where comic based to corespond with the comic based bugle, gargantos showdown from 2022 is blatantly mcu based,with the sanctum also being mcu based

so, we can theorize that the 550$ marve d2c is made to acompany the 2023 quinjet ( note that it might not be the 550$ one and could in theory be any rumored d2c)

This is not a pattern, this is you retroactively trying to create one.

Granted, the spider-man D2C reusing minifigures of the small sets wave (or the other way around, it makes no difference), but the Sanctum is a totally different thing.

Of course they reused the Dr Strange minifigure, he's literally the main character of the movie the sets are based on.

31 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I think we were explicitly told it wasn't by the same person who leaked the Marvel D2C being a thing, but I might be misremembering

TBH the Quinjet isn't even that iconic in Marvel, it's only iconic in Lego Marvel since Lego tends to prioritize vehicles over locations for sets. In universe it's a borderline everyday military plane that both Avengers and Shield uses.

8 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

TBH the Quinjet isn't even that iconic in Marvel, it's only iconic in Lego Marvel since Lego tends to prioritize vehicles over locations for sets. In universe it's a borderline everyday military plane that both Avengers and Shield uses.

I'd rather a huge fig scaled Milano, though I'm expecting not be interested in the marvel D2C which is just as well as there are enough high end sets on my radar already.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Just now, AstroFalcon said:

Just now, PGBQW said:

This is not a pattern, this is you retroactively trying to create one.

Granted, the spider-man D2C reusing minifigures of the small sets wave (or the other way around, it makes no difference), but the Sanctum is a totally different thing.

Of course they reused the Dr Strange minifigure, he's literally the main character of the movie the sets are based on.

I think we were explicitly told it wasn't by the same person who leaked the Marvel D2C being a thing, but I might be misremembering

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

No that's not it at all.

And some of them are almost definitely coming out this year(Disney 100 sets for example) and most (but not all) of them looked pretty finished IMO

No the real reason is because Foggy straight up said it wasn't the X-mansion and that that was probably a 2024 set.

Well the Tower makes the most sense then, or maybe a Helicarrier?  I just hope the X-Mansion (when released) is a lot different to the one we were shown as that looked very underwhelming. 

I have a feeling the $500 set will be Captain America's shield.

The gimmick will be that it's wearable with rubber straps meaning it will have to be a huge but simplistic set. It'll also come with a display stand that also has to be relatively huge as well, and one exclusive minifig :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by LegendaryArticuno