Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, TheJackBricks said:

Wait how did we find the Marvels set piece count? Did someone post and delete their comment?

Brickmerge listed the set on their website 

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's too late, UCS Dobby's sock is already coming. If Ashnflash's UCS batmobile that fits the buildible batman happens, we'll know they monitor the form for the sole purpose of taking joke suggestions literally.

At least we have The Tower of Fate to look forward to over on the DC side of things.

Atleast this price could do a decent  STARK tower albeit cheating the outside scale.
Avengers Tower is so so much bigger in volume than Stark, Stark has scenes from near enough most of its floors. Avengers had only scenes above the flight deck.
Also they could Do it like the Sanctum that had FOUR floors on the outside but 2 and a half inside.

From someone who spent near 10 years building one with easily Triple this piece count a educated guess that with a 5000 piece count we could maybe get something like:

Lobby for NO STAIRS Hulk and Loki escape (Swat tony would be rad)
Second floor would be the budget saver as it should be tall with support and bridges for the cap vs cap scene, Small coffee shop and some office stuff.
Third would be Landing deck with breakable Sign play feature along with worlds smallest 2 person quinjet. (Also cheat and use this floor for the mk7 pod playfeature. saving space for floor above)
Fourth Floor would be external ring Armor gantry , Bar and firepit inside and Balcony for Thor and Loki to stand on.
Fifth tiny floor at top a simple bedroom. 
Roof with portal generator and Selvig lol
Externally give it the appearance of 7 floors.

wrS5xpH.jpg

Edited by Ghostcat

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

At least we have The Tower of Fate to look forward to over on the DC side of things.

As funny as this meme is, you KNOW we're gonna start seeing a ton of instagram accounts posting that the DC D2C is a tower of fate. 

Avengers tower is 100% doable at the price point, but I'm sure it'll be some bust or something. A UCS quinjet is something I actually think could do fairly well, too.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Avengers tower is 100% doable at the price point, but I'm sure it'll be some bust or something. A UCS quinjet is something I actually think could do fairly well, too.

I would unironically love a UCS Quinjet. I've liked pretty much every build LEGO has done for one and a UCS one could finally fit every Avenger inside.

This set is too expensive to be one IMO but a $200-250 UCS Quinjet and Milano are desperately needed in the future.

I sincerely wonder how many times lego fans would need to be scorned to ditch the theme.

Like if the Marvels are three buildable figs, and the D2C is the Quinjet, and the CMF is like completely What If/Xmen 97/Moon Girl & Devil Dino, will people give it up then? A full year without new MCU figs?

8 hours ago, hvader said:

I’m a big D2C fan, but Lego needs to stop making $500+ sets if that means the actual affordable sets are just mega crap. Like bruh what are you doing???

Nah, I think they just need to space them out, like one every 2-3 years, and actually make it a decent set.

9 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

I sincerely wonder how many times lego fans would need to be scorned to ditch the theme.

Like if the Marvels are three buildable figs, and the D2C is the Quinjet, and the CMF is like completely What If/Xmen 97/Moon Girl & Devil Dino, will people give it up then? A full year without new MCU figs?

I could only see a Milano at this point if it shows up during Gotg3

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

For me the only two things that really matter are price and the source material. I haven't liked the post-endgame MCU much, so since 2019 I've only bought the bugle, a couple mechs, and bricklinked NWH Spidey. But so long as there are reasonably priced spidey sets, I'll probably keep buying at least a couple, just like so long as Spidey and Daredevil stays in the MCU I'll stick around for the movies and shows they show up in no matter how awful everything around them gets. (I will say, quantumania has officially changed my attitude about the films from assuming I'll see it and only not doing so if it's bad to assuming I won't see it unless it's getting good reviews and/or has spidey or daredevil.)

1 hour ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I would unironically love a UCS Quinjet. I've liked pretty much every build LEGO has done for one and a UCS one could finally fit every Avenger inside.

This set is too expensive to be one IMO but a $200-250 UCS Quinjet and Milano are desperately needed in the future.

Yeah, I don't get the quinjet hate at all. Are people just not wanting it because it probably wouldn't have 20+ figs?

5 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Well for me it mainly depends on if the sets + minifigures are actually worth it. I could even be on the fence on a movie but if the sets for the movie are great then I'd defenitely consider buying them.
For example I couldn't care less about the She-Hulk show, but would I get a well designed small set or her minifigure in a potential S2? Yes. It's a well designed character and if done justice then I'd buy it.

On the flipside you have awful minifigures (like Namor for example) or bad set values (the Guardians 3 sets).

8 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I wouldn't ditch the theme unless I no longer liked the source material ( I haven't bought any HP sets in a while for certain reasons for example), I judge each set individually so I could potentially go years with getting a set if there were none I wanted, but I wouldn't have considered myself to have ditched the theme, merely to have prioritised sets from other themes whilst this one is lackluster.

And honestly that CMF doesn't sound too bad.

Edited by Agent Kallus

why I should ditch? I'm more modder/mocer than collector. I don't buy sets for reason of owning them. If I can use set I buy it, when I don't need it I just buy minifigs if i want them. LEGO is about creativity not collecting. you make yourself mad at LEGO by your own choice. buy bricks - build your own dream set

I don’t see any reason to ditch the theme. While I may not agree with every choice, we’re still getting enough good stuff to keep me invested :laugh: As a completionist (sort of), it’s hard to drop out anyway

9 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Why ditch the theme? Just buy the sets you want and ignore the rest, I don't get why we should get mad at something that doesnt affect us at all

Well I quit Star Wars because of the repetitive material and boring new products.  I was interested in Boba's Palace but I haven't bought it yet, and in the end I don't know if I will buy it.  So I think it is possible to abandon a theme.  The newest MCU products are pretty boring, and Lego is making the questionable choices we're all familiar with.  Now I tell you that I have no intention of abandoning, but if the movies continue to get worse, the sets with minifigures decrease as opposed to the prices that are always higher, abandoning could become a real option, to invest time and money in a most fulfilling hobby..

9 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Why would anyone do that? :tongue:

Just buy the sets that you like, without minding the ones you don't. LEGO doesn't make sets specifically for you, you know? 

10 minuti fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Perché qualcuno dovrebbe farlo?:lingua:

Basta comprare i set che ti piacciono, senza preoccuparti di quelli che non ti piacciono. LEGO non fa set specifici per te, sai?

Precisely for this.  Lego doesn't make specific sets, so when they suck it's normal to consider changing hobbies

19 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Precisely for this.  Lego doesn't make specific sets, so when they suck it's normal to consider changing hobbies

Okay, but that would happen only if LEGO didn't make any sets at all that one cares about.

Just because I think most of the sets are trash, or not for me because of the price or things they are based on, doesn't somehow make me not want to buy the sets that I love.

LEGO themes shouldn't be treated as a whole. It's not like you either love all the sets, or hate them all. Each set is an individual case.

37 minuti fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Ok, ma questo accadrebbe solo se LEGO non facesse alcun set che ci interessa.

Solo perché penso che la maggior parte dei set siano spazzatura, o non per me a causa del prezzo o delle cose su cui si basano, in qualche modo non mi fa venire voglia di comprare i set che amo.

I temi LEGO non dovrebbero essere trattati nel loro insieme. Non è che tu ami tutti i set, o li odi tutti. Ogni set è un caso individuale.

You are right, but it can be a slow and unconscious process.  I gave my example with Star Wars, above: if the sets you like are less and less, it is probable that sooner or later you will start not buying them, because in the meantime you will have found something more interesting.  It doesn't have to happen, but it's a possibility.

Dioramas are the answer to the Marvel theme's problem of low quality sets. The Marvel theme will not survive off cheap mechs and buildable figures

It doesn't even have to be similar to the Star Wars dioramas with the black base and printed quote tile, it can be just like New Asgard - compact, detailed, and affordable.

8 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Dioramas are the answer to the Marvel theme's problem of low quality sets. The Marvel theme will not survive off cheap mechs and buildable figures

It doesn't even have to be similar to the Star Wars dioramas with the black base and printed quote tile, it can be just like New Asgard - compact, detailed, and affordable.

Depends. While most of us would obviously prefer models like that over mechs/buildable figures, we don’t know the sales figures. For all we know, the mechs might be the most popular subtheme among kids! 

12 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Why do people on this forum keep forgetting that most LEGO sets are targeted towards kids.

Low quality is debetable. Just because we hate the buildable figures and crappy car builds, doesn't mean that they don't sell well. Kids have to love a lot of the things we hate, because LEGO keeps making those sets.

Clearly the buildable figures had to sell well, because we're getting three times as many of them this year, across different themes too.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Why do people on this forum keep forgetting that most LEGO sets are targeted towards kids.

I think LEGO is keeping forgetting it recently giving us a 18+ crap in big quantities instead of good toys and fun playsets

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Low quality is debetable. Just because we hate the buildable figures and crappy car builds, doesn't mean that they don't sell well. Kids have to love a lot of the things we hate, because LEGO keeps making those sets.

Clearly the buildable figures had to sell well, because we're getting three times as many of them this year, across different themes too.

Yes, because kids are desperate for a £200 Black Panther bust and £475 Hulbuster!

It is true that the majority of sets are targeted towards kids, but LEGO are extremely aware of their large adult audience as evidenced by their choice to produce expensive, older rated sets.  LEGO should be able to balance the desires of both kids and adults in a wide variety of sets, but recently their choices for the adult audience have been lacking.

If kids love buildable figures and 4+ sets and they sell well then that's great - LEGO can produce as many of these as they want! But also retain your adult audience. Fewer people this forum would be complaining if we get buildable figures in addition to regular system sets, for example with "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania". Ultimately, each set should be highly desirable if they expect us to part with hundreds of pounds of hard-earned money.