Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m a big D2C fan, but Lego needs to stop making $500+ sets if that means the actual affordable sets are just mega crap. Like bruh what are you doing???

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or a remake of the Helicarrier :grin:

I would actually be ok with that.

Watch Lego do ultra crap and do the $550 Iron Man statue along with $450 Batman statue 

“our new premium statue line allows fans and collectors alike to make their favorite marvel and dc characters the centerpieces of their displays”

Fans: “But why didnt you make the avengers tower and the batcave/arkham asylum??”

“Well they didnt appear in any recent movies did they? We wanted to make sure our products are relevant to what people are watching, that they attract the widest number of fans, so we decided that Iron Man and Batman are the best choices for these premium collectibles”

Edited by hvader

- Did you get a Morbius minifigure?

- Yes.

- What did it cost?

- Cosmo, High Evolutionary, Gamora, all the Quantumania minifigures and half of the Marvels set piece count.

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

I would actually be ok with that.

Watch Lego do ultra crap and do the $550 Iron Man statue along with $450 Batman statue 

“our new premium statue line allows fans and collectors alike to make their favorite marvel and dc characters the centerpieces of their displays”

Fans: “But why didnt you make the avengers tower and the batcave/arkham asylum??”

“Well they didnt appear in any recent movies did they? We wanted to make sure our products are relevant to what people are watching, that they attract the widest number of fans, so we decided that Iron Man and Batman are the best choices for these premium collectibles”

*Ironman statue goes on discount within a month*
Lego: what do you people want?

Eurobricks members: A modular Avengers Tower.

Lego: We can’t do that. Iron Man clearly doesn’t sell.

Just now, PRbrickbuilder said:

- Yes.

- What did it cost?

- Cosmo, High Evolutionary, Gamora, all the Quantumania minifigures and half of the Marvels set piece count.

Worth it.

6 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

*Ironman statue goes on discount within a month*
Lego: what do you people want?

Eurobricks members: A modular Avengers Tower.

Lego: We can’t do that. Iron Man clearly doesn’t sell.

Worth it.

That's almost so accurate it hurts.

Also, agreed and I'm one of the few people who actually like the character and read his comics for years. It just makes me sad that he'll forever be a joke and a meme. He would have been PERFECT for a Werewolf-By-Night-esque Halloween special. Ah well.

Edited by ToaDraco

15 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

It just makes me sad that he'll forever be a joke and a meme.

Not sure. Aquaman used to be a complete joke too, but he got redeemed, multiple times even! Morbius could get the same treatment once enough time passes :laugh: But yeah, for the foreseeable future he’ll be nothing but a joke

33 minutes ago, hvader said:

Now that‘s too pessimistic :tongue:

With The Marvels set at that price to piece ratio being similar to the Jurassic Park/World sets PPP it must contain a dinosaur! 

Is Devil Dinosaur rumoured to be in the film? :laugh:

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Since the Marvels set is a disappointment, does it mean it's just 3 buildable figures of Carol, Monica and Kamala? Wouldn't be surprised at this point...

The Ant-Man buildable figure is 289 ( let's round to 300) parts, but the marvels was said to be 400ish parts, so at around the same level of scale and detail as Ant-Man we'd get 1&1/3 buildable figures.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Or a giant buildable Hulk for last year's Hulkbuster to fight. :roflmao:

Wait, this is it. The D2C is totally a giant buildable Hulk. It fits with the trend of buildable characters and baffling D2Cs!

The Marvels piece count sucks. For that price I expect brand new Carol, Monica, and Kamala minifigures with leg and arm printing, exclusive faces for all, and spare hair molds in translucent blue/orange for Carol and Monica's flight abilities. I also expect Nick Fury, Zawe Ashton's villain, and a mini Skrull army. But I'm willing to bet it's a tiny build with a maximum of 3 minifigures instead. 

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Carol, Monica, and Kamala better be detailed as hell then

Didn't you ask for big figures? Well, here they are!

I feel like we know so little of the Marvels so maybe the set is crazy and contains some kind of big fig/space creature

Watch us actually get the villain Ael Dan this time, which nobody asked for…

A minifigure compatible Helicarrier I wouldn't mind, no microfigures please!  It would be enough to create two or three playable sections, cockpit, perhaps raising the airstrip plates, play function to eject the cell etc… some generic SHIELD members would be a good addition, of course with all the updated Avengers

Comparing to other toy companies and the merchandise that has leaked so far, I would expect Carol, Kamala, and Monica.

No one else.

Watch us get a brick-build of Kamala's bangle you can wear on your wrist.

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Comparing to other toy companies and the merchandise that has leaked so far, I would expect Carol, Kamala, and Monica.

No one else.

Watch us get a brick-build of Kamala's bangle you can wear on your wrist.

Light up bangle could explain the price to part ratio.

Mystery solved my friends

On 2/15/2023 at 1:22 PM, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I actually loved the movie-specific box art, so I'm a bit sad to see them go more generic. The Black Widow and Captain Marvel boxes were excellent, IMO. It's nice to have consistency across the line but it's also nice to have solo movie sets stand out more.

I’m personally fine with either. I was initially disappointed with the change back in 2019 but I got used to it. I would’ve really loved to have seen X-Men-specific box art. There is the Wolverine mech’s box art but it’s not that different from the box art of the Iron Man and Black Panther mechs of the same wave from I what I can recall.

5 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

- Yes.

- What did it cost?

Sometimes the hardest sacrifices require the strongest budget cuts

I would definitely pay $500 for an X-mansion with all the X-men included!

If Lego got lazy and make 20+ X-men with the exact same lazy repeating torso/ suit as say the MCU releases, then it would not even be worth $100!!!

6 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Delete this before they get any ideas.

It's too late, UCS Dobby's sock is already coming. If Ashnflash's UCS batmobile that fits the buildible batman happens, we'll know they monitor the form for the sole purpose of taking joke suggestions literally.

So, uhhh...anyone seen Brick Clicker's story? I don't know if he's referring to Marvel or DC, but depending how the poll goes, we may get information on this sooner rather than later.