Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

They probably also didn’t want to have such a long gap between movies. Had the film not been moved, the gap between The Marvels and CA:NWO would’ve been 10 months :classic:

i think i like the scott lang part of antman but not the antman part of antman, i like the humor, and the familial aspects that scott lang has, but ant man fights really just arent intresting, they look visualy cool, but its boring (not counting the first movies final battle on the train table) 

Is everyone now posting their film reviews on this thread too?!? 

the quantumania set is acurate though but dont designers know that people love minifigures?!? Clearly there was a need to make more buildable figs because 1. They sold well and/or 2. One designer really liked the idea of them and now we will see it for 5 years. Why isnt this buildable fig seen in other themes?!?

I could see the Captain Marvel 2 set being delayed, probably to October, given the recent reports had no information on the Captain Marvel 2 set and now the movie is delayed to November. I think realistically most of Phase 5 needs to be stretched out longer, giving them more time to work on it and release the associated shows. Secret Wars eventually being pushed to 2027 for the 15th anniversary of Avengers still feels the most logical option for me.

In terms of specifically Lego, I must admit that I think the choices recently have left me with little to be invested in regarding new releases. The NWH set is the most appealing, but even that is lacking one of the core villains from the 3v3 fight. When this year started was expecting to see more legacy wave stuff as we opened the year with two legacy remakes, now we're just flooded with buildable figures, another bike chase and a massive buildable shield that'll probably shelf warm like the Hammer.

6 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Why isnt this buildable fig seen in other themes?!? 

It will be seen in other themes.

Edited by Scarilian

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

2027 for the 15th anniversary of Avengers

This makes me feel like I’m about to turn 90. Please don’t ever say these words again

6 minutes ago, Nylock said:

This makes me feel like I’m about to turn 90. Please don’t ever say these words again

Okay 2028 for the 20th anniversary of the MCU?

9 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Okay 2028 for the 20th anniversary of the MCU?

🤢 

You guys are discussing films and don't let me join? I even pay for Letterboxd Pro!

For one I really enjoyed the movie (surprisingly so!), thought it was one of the less bad recent Marvel movies.

Like don't get me wrong, it's pretty mid and didn't make a whole lot of sense, and it's also one of the ugliest movies I've recently seen (and I've seen Sir Billi, mind you), but had a lot of fun every time Modok was onscreen. I think I'll do a cut of Modok only.

I'm speechles at the fact Ant-Man is one of the most consistent superhero trilogy (note that I said "consistent" and not "good").

Anyway to get back on topic, I'm totally buying the lego set in 2 months whek it gets discounted!

1 hour ago, Nylock said:

2005 was 42 years ago, feel old yet?

Yeah ironically I thought MODOK was a highlight, which makes it even bigger of a whiff that he wasn't included as a build. Luckily the helicarrier build is almost identical and you can swap his hair for skin colored pieces.

Edited by doclord

5 hours ago, doclord said:

Yeah ironically I thought MODOK was a highlight, which makes it even bigger of a whiff that he wasn't included as a build. Luckily the helicarrier build is almost identical and you can swap his hair for skin colored pieces.

MODOK is an incredibly stupid character (Look, I say that as a guy who loves transformers, and I think that franchise is also incredibly stupid), and leaning into it made him actually entertaining. Me and some friends went to see the movie and while none of us thought it was good (though most of my friends aren't as into the comics so I had to explain why the whole Kang thing was so annoying to me), everyone loved MODOK. I can literally hear people yelling 

Spoiler

"RIP Darren he a real one", "Darren isn't a d**k", etc

across my campus. 

Though when MODOK is people's favorite part of your phase-defining, big-bad introducing, stakes-claiming event, you've done something very wrong.

Set wise, like I said, I think the movie's reception may work out in favor for the set, since it's not quantumania specific. Maybe not if it had had Kang, but I can tell you I definately don't care/want a Cassie fig.

And that marvels set's really getting hit, huh? It's gonna release what, almost a year from it's original date?

I still think it's very likely a Kang variant is in the CMF from Loki S2, and if that's the case people are going to go wild with customs anyway. It'd just be cool to get a ton of Kang minifigs.

The GotG3 sets look decent, but the omissions of Gamora, Cosmo, and the High Evolutionary (and Kraglin, though to a lesser extent) are glaring. As others have mentioned, the Bowie is misshapen, but it is still a nice-looking ship (and modding it should not be too difficult, hopefully). I am not really sure why 76253 even exists, considering that it is not 4+; it could easily have been a side-build for Rocket's ship. Speaking of, despite looking good, I am not sure why LEGO devoted a set to what will almost certainly be featured in a brief flashback (instead of something for the main narrative of the movie), and the set absolutely needs another Minifig. Also, I never thought that I would say this, but the ship really needs stickers (sorry, @danth!). There are a number of places where they could be applied easily, and I find it difficult to believe that the real ship has no vents/hatches/panels/etc that could be used to add detail; as it is, the set looks rather unfinished. 

As for the Ant-Man set, I have nothing to say that has not already been said; the set looks good for what it is (and I will probably get it), but we need a set for Quantumania with actual Minifigures! 

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

I still think it's very likely a Kang variant is in the CMF from Loki S2, and if that's the case people are going to go wild with customs anyway. It'd just be cool to get a ton of Kang minifigs.

I’d really like this, but there’s so many other figs they have to stuff in this series from D+ that I think they probably won’t put him in. 

The Guardians sets look cool. Definitely more I'd like to have seen done, but not nearly as disappointing as the multiple single-film sets we've had to deal with. I can probably skip the ship and bricklink some Peters to make Mantis, Nebula, and Drax, maybe some more side characters in uniforms, grab Adam and do the two smaller sets.

I feel like we'll probably get a spoiler Guardians set later. I dunno why but I have a good feeling about it.

I still think there's potential for revisiting the previous Guardians films, with Kraglin much needed and Ego sorely missing from the lineup, and a non-exclusive Collector, not to mention I'd love a comics Gamora or Drax. Might be nice to see a gray Rocket using the new molds.

The Ant Man set is disappointing. I mean, constraction Antman looks cool, but it feels too much like a set that could/should be part of the 'normal' lineup instead of a sole tie-in for a major film. I realize that the Ant Man films are not as beloved as other Marvel properties, but there are still plenty of opportunities for interesting sets there -- oversized everyday objects would have a charm and appeal outside the superheroes theme, and there's plenty of cool minifigs... it'd be nice to just have a great Wasp minifig using the new helmet mold tbh :/

The rumors of a No Way Home set are absolutely welcome, but if they exclude the Lizard I'll be let down a lot. I've been waiting since the Superheroes theme relaunched ten years ago for a Lizard minifig. We all want the villains and the three Spideys, and some people missed out on Ned, and MJ and Strange are... fine, but not exciting. Unlike every other character though, there is no version of the Lizard in LEGO form to date.

I really wish if LEGO seems to be getting even less material for sets, they would just embrace toyetic appeal and go back to making some 'comic' (or cartoon, whatever you prefer to  call them) sets so we could get some interesting new minifigs. I'm enjoying the Infinity Saga stuff but I do to see some not-previously-attempted designs and characters.

It's a real shame that there seems to be no regular system LEGO set for "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" since it would be great to get our first Kang the Conqueror figure, as well as the fact that this is one of the last opportunities to get minifigures for Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, and Cassie Lang.  Further, it's criminal that we are 11 years into this theme and we have only have one Wasp minifigure - especially as she is one of the founding members of the Avengers in the comics! We've had more Mantis minifigures and Captain Carter minifigures than Wasp minifigures!

I haven't seen the movie, but I don't care about spoilers.  Can anyone who has seen it tell me if there is actually the possibility of seeing this character with this outfit in future sets?  Thank you 

Saw the movie this morning and came out feeling like a 8 year old kid again and wanting all the characters from it. Shame there isn’t much but it has convinced me I need the new Giant Man set (when discounted)! 

There’s lots of fun characters that would be great minifigures - at least 8 or 9 I would really like that we don’t/never will have including some of the quirkier creatures and vehicles. Real missed opportunity on Kang but he will certainly be coming and I will be buying whatever Lego set he is in first!

On 2/17/2023 at 3:04 PM, Killian said:

Back on to the negativity;

Putting the 2023 Marvel CMF in boxes means people will be opening boxes in store to get the ones they want and leaving opened boxes on the shelf that people won't buy because they've been tampered with. Lego will decide CMFs don't sell anymore and it'll be the end of CMFs.

If Lego are determined to do Marvel and the other CMF series as boxes going forward, they should go back to having a unique barcode number for each character, then people who don't want to risk duplicates or unwanted figures are happy, but kids/casual buyers still get the surprise experience.

1 hour ago, Killian said:

If Lego are determined to do Marvel and the other CMF series as boxes going forward, they should go back to having a unique barcode number for each character, then people who don't want to risk duplicates or unwanted figures are happy, but kids/casual buyers still get the surprise experience.

The gamble lego is very intentionally making is that the people who are already invested enough to go for specific figs/try to collect them all are more likely to just buy full boxes or just buy them blind hoping for the right ones, and that the people who do that will increase sales more than the people who'll just stop buying them now that they can't get specific figs. (Like me. If there's one I really want, it'll be bricklink time)

Silly question - but would it not be possible to tell which CMF is which by weighing the boxes? I presume there would be some difference between each figure due to the different accessories etc?

44 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

Silly question - but would it not be possible to tell which CMF is which by weighing the boxes? I presume there would be some difference between each figure due to the different accessories etc?

In theory? Yeah, they probably don't all weigh exactly the same.

In practice? The difference between the weights is probably very small and you'd probably need a very precise and accurate scale to actually tell the difference. So unless you plan on dragging your expensive scale into the store with you, calibrating it, and weighing all the boxes, you're out of luck.

But that's not even the biggest problem. You'd need to know what each figure weighed before you go and buy them and the only way to figure that out is to weigh the box and then open it and see what's inside. So you need to buy the figures first in order to figure out how to find the figures later on. Now, there's two solutions here. 1. You find someone who is going to be weighing minifigures too and get the data from them. 2. You compile the weight of every box in the case and then pick out one box for each weight set (mind you, this only works if you want a complete set). But, there's a drawback. If any two weigh the same, you're back down to blind luck. But with better odds of getting a complete set than before.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. We won't know if it can be done until someone is crazy brave enough to go and perform the experiment. If you're that someone, well, good luck to you and let us know how it goes.

Edited by psqidexslizer

5 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

for me a complete box, problem solved.. I just wish there were more than 12 :-/

But even if you want all of them, you're getting 3 copies of all of them for 3x the cost. Instead of $60 for the full set, to guarantee it you've got to find an unopened box and pay $180.