Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Disappointed by the lack of Gamora once again. Tempted to get a second one of her CMF and put the head on a spare body from getting two Quills in the new sets, at least then they’ll all match. 

:/ I mean the builds look fine, but the figures aren't really doing it for me. I was hoping for Drax to finally have a colour matching torso, but instead everyone is wearing the same suit, which kinda gives me endgame vibes. Sure the suit looks great and at least this time around they do wear it a lot, but some variety would've been nice. We're really only getting 1 exclusive character, and technically, if we were to buy the headquarters like 5 times we would also be able to give all the same characters that suit for less than half the price (for those that already own the characters).

7 minutes ago, Chris10 said:

Disappointed by the lack of Gamora once again. Tempted to get a second one of her CMF and put the head on a spare body from getting two Quills in the new sets, at least then they’ll all match. 

This is a good idea. Will be doing this! 

Sad to say but all feels a bit lazy and simplest it could be. No cosmo or high evolutionary. No gamora is odd as it would be same torso and legs plus cmf head. Quite like how they made Groot a bit different though - was worried would be same as advent calendar/benetar.

Anyway I will likely get them all but wait for a steep discount on a 3rd party site - was intending to buy day 1 with some Lego vouchers but will hold until reduced. 

The sets look absolutely fantastic, but at the same time I'm extremely disappointed.

No Gamora? No Cosmo? No Kraglin? No Lylla, who would've been a perfect inclusion in the Rocket set? No High Evolutionary, who's literally the main villain?

It's intriguing, because LEGO Marvel's problems are usually lacklustre builds and/or minifigures, and this time it's somehow something completely different. 

No idea why they ommited all those characters. It seems like it would've been so easy to include them.

High Evolutionary really should've been in the Rocket set. Also, when I first saw it, I thought baby Rocket was Lylla, odd to have 2 different rockets in one set. Also devistated that Cosmo isnt here, but glad to see groot in a cheap set!

LEGO: $100 can get you NWH final battle set with 9 minifigures, at least 5 being exclusive

Also LEGO: $100 can get you the Guardians ship, 4/5 of the minifigures have the same torso/legs, and only one new minifigure and one new face print. Who is Gamora?

I really like all the minifigures we're getting, but I'm sensing a downfall here. First Quantumania has no minifigures, now out of 3 Guardians sets totaling $140 we only get 7 minifigures, missing out Gamora, High Evolutionary and Cosmo. Last Guardians wave, which only totaled $100, we had all 7 Guardians, Yondu, Ayesha and Taserface

The minifig selection here is really bare-bones :sceptic: Cosmo and Kraglin I can sort of understand as their roles will be pretty minor I suppose, but why omit the main antagonist? AGAIN? Granted, Ego was a twist villain in GotG Vol. 2, but still :tongue: 

At least the builds look good, and Adam Warlock is an excellent minifig, as we’ve seen before.

This wave is a pass for me, at least I can save up for a while.

Updated List:

Spoiler

MARCH 2023 (Total 3)

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

• 76251: Star-Lord's Helmet
  • 76253: Guardians of the Galaxy Headquarters
  • 76254: Baby Rocket's Ship
  • 76255: The New Guardians' Ship

May 2023 (Total 2):

• 76232: (Captain Marvel 2) $89.99
  • 76256: Ant-Man Construction Figure

JUNE 2023 (Total 3):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 5):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 5):

Rumored/Other sets:

• X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new sets

Edited by Scarilian

New GoTG 3 sets are a mixed bag. Builds look good, but minifigs, why Lego does what it does ?

Groot has same torso and legs, and just gets armor piece to bulk him up. Even though he is clearly taller than other guardians and there’s longer legs and arms pieces that were reintroduced with Avatar theme. Seems logical for them to use those to make Groot more accurate.

As for other minifigs

- No helmet for Star-Lord again… Why Lego refuses to reuse old mold for helmet is beyond me. Same torso for all Guardians is boring, even if the piece is well detailed. 
- Drax has same inaccurate green head, when even James Gunn himself confirmed Draxs skin is grey!

- no normal torso for Nebula again

- They still haven’t given Mantis figure accurate face print with no pupils

- No Gamora or High Evolutionary minifigs!!! 2 important characters and Lego refused to make them even though their looks were revealed back in July 2022 at Sdcc.

So overall disappointing wave of sets, Lego continues to cut corners to save pennies. It seems like Harry Potter and Star Wars themes get preferential treatment over Marvel for whatever reason.

Edited by benderisgreat

i really thought lego could go three for three and had amazing models for all three of the guardians movies, but good lord the bowie is horrible, the cockpit is horendous and way too oversized for how large the wings are.

baby rockets ship is ok, but overpriced and has a weird selection of minifigures(?) the build looks fun but couldve benefited from a stand because of the way its built 

guardians hq is the best set in the wave, marvel is getting good at doing 10 dollar sets with 2 minifigs with one being exclusive (76212 was the first one)

overall pretty ok wave, if theres a good promo ill get all of them excluding rockets ship because i can just use the rocket from the calenders head and tail on the duplicate peter quill, so i have a full team!

17 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

LEGO: $100 can get you NWH final battle set with 9 minifigures, at least 5 being exclusive

Also LEGO: $100 can get you the Guardians ship, 4/5 of the minifigures have the same torso/legs, and only one new minifigure and one new face print. Who is Gamora?

before you compare the two remember that one is a fully revealed set that is well into production, and the other is a simple rumor, that has been "leaked" under other set numbers previously.

15 ore fa, Legocentrico ha detto:

Sono ispirato dal nuovo instagram di Falcon perché ho capito dov'è tutto il budget della Marvel 2023: cucciolo di Rocket Raccoon, fidanzata di Rocket Raccoon, nuovo Groot e Cosmo. Fondamentalmente hanno confuso Marvel con Friends :-D

I think I was too optimistic :-D

I keep wondering where are we going…

No High Evolutionary, Kang, or the Lizard in these sets is absolutely infuriating. Each year feels like hitting a new bottom in terms of creativity and quality but 2023 feels like a giant middle finger from the LEGO Group. Been collecting since 2012 but I’m done if we’re not getting new characters.

The main villains from two movies in a row excluded but hey, at least we get variants of the same 10-15 characters (without leg printing) every year! And straight remakes of prior releases! I sincerely hope these designers step on a thousand LEGO barefoot. 

8 hours ago, wesker said:

If they can release a Sentinel, Blackbird and the X-Mansion simultaneously they should be able to cover most of the X-Men characters fairly quickly.

Most of the X-Men characters from the show? Sure. From the comics. Not a chance. We'd be lucky to get big names who weren't in the show, or just barely in it, like Kitty Pryde, Magik, Havok, Psylocke, Angel, and Ice-Man. And I'm certainly not holding my breathe on getting lesser knowns like X-Ceptional and Eye-Scream, even if by some miracle they get their own Disney+ series.

Just now, BusterNut31 said:

Is that it??? Why post this comment?!?

Because LEGO doesn’t deserve endless praise for phoning it in on what should be amongst their most celebrated themes. The endless repeats in sets and figures reeks of low effort and the increased prices (with decreasing quality)* reeks of greed. Buster is entitled to his opinion and the LEGO group deserves some heavy criticism. 

*$160 for an 1100 piece set with five minifigures, of which only ONE is a new character and the other four share the SAME TORSO AND LEGS (which, of course, have no printing). No High Evolutionary, the main villain of the film. No Kang, the main villain of numerous films. No Lizard, the ONLY main character omitted from the NWH set. It’s honestly offensive. 

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Bricktober pack with Zemo, Ego, High Evolutionary, Kang, Agatha, and Kaecillius anyone LOL?

Maybe the CMF series will just be all the MCU villains Lego has skipped over the years. :head_back:

Lizard, Abomination, Zemo, Ego, Collector, High Evolutionary, Kang, Agatha, Kaecillius, John Walker, MODOK, and Malekith. That's 12 right there. 

3 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Bricktober pack with Zemo, Ego, High Evolutionary, Kang, Agatha, and Kaecillius anyone LOL?

Them and the host of others we’ve never gotten in favor of the same 10-15 characters released year after year. 

We’re back to the horrible trend of missing a lot of characters, especially the main villains.

Great work Lego

1 minute ago, hvader said:

No Kraglin RIP

No High Evolutionary RIP

No Cosmo RIP

Also, WHY IS GAMORA??

We can get a “baby Rocket” mold but no Cosmo. It’s like the designers go out of their way to make these sets as bad as possible. Remember the days when almost every set had a new character?!

11 minutes ago, PARed717 said:

No High Evolutionary, Kang, or the Lizard in these sets is absolutely infuriating. Each year feels like hitting a new bottom in terms of creativity and quality but 2023 feels like a giant middle finger from the LEGO Group. Been collecting since 2012 but I’m done if we’re not getting new characters.

The main villains from two movies in a row excluded but hey, at least we get variants of the same 10-15 characters (without leg printing) every year! And straight remakes of prior releases! I sincerely hope these designers step on a thousand LEGO barefoot. 

So, you created an account on this website to tell us all that if Lego doesn't do what you want, you're going to leave this hobby and by extension this site. Why even bother creating this account? Surely you could have just posted on some other social media? Like I get that this situation isn't great and should be rectified but a rage post should not be your first interaction with a new community.

Also sorry I’m gonna be annoying here for just a sec again.

Notice how on the box in this wave, we don’t get Cosmo or Kraglin or Gamora, who are the main characters of the movie, because we aren’t getting them in the sets??

So… Cassie??

I know I’m being annoying but I need to tell myself that buildable Ant-Man is not the only Quantumania set…

1 hour ago, mrcngrck said:

the bowie looks bad

Wouldn't expect otherwise, he has been dead for +6 years!

Jokes aside, I don't particularly care for those sets. If anything, the smallest one is the best looking one. So sad, because Adam looks amazing.