Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

What a strange assortment of sets. Is venomized Groot based on anything or did Lego just mash together two popular characters for that one?

https://marvelsspidermananimatedseries.fandom.com/wiki/Groot

He has appeared in the third season of the newest animated Spider-Man series (probably for like a minute tho).

Toy companies milked it tho — Funko, Hot Toys, and even Hot Wheels all had merchandise with this guy.

I think you’re right. No lizard any time soon 🙁 

Bit disappointed with the line up though I think one of the rumours involved some of the same old nonsense/concepts from before that we thought were gone. Allows me to just get the guardians sets and NWH. Might even be able to mentally justify Rivendell now.

No Kang has disappointed me the most. Was really looking forward to a new great villain minifigure. Perhaps we get He who remains in the marvel cmf. Not sure that’s all that likely unless it’s a large wave like Disney.

Do we know based on previous info roughly when the list of who is in the cmf for September might appear? Summer?

8 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I swear guys, if the venom groot buildable’s name isn’t “I am venom” I’ll riot

Plural “we are Venom” lol

7 hours ago, Meadius said:

Also, on the topic of big figs, I'd just like to throw out the idea that maybe Lego is working on improving them.

I think they intended to use the updated Thanos Big Fig from 2021 as a basis for future big figs.

Our main chances are Hulk as a legacy set, Red Hulk if he appears in Captain America 4, The Thing depending on how he's depicted in Fanta5tic Four, Skaar or Hulk in Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars

11 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I guess the most logical way we could get Lizard at this point is if we got a set of the FEAST truck, which could also include May and possibly Jameson, plus some repeated Spider-Man variant.

Personally I'd lean more to an extension of the '76185 Spider-Man at the Sanctum Workshop'

You could include Lizard, Sandman minifigure and a re-use of the FFH Spider-man suit, maybe throw in Doctor Strange repeat figure again so people could play out the fight between FFH suit Spider-man and Doctor Strange.

Lego is really saving me money on Marvel this coming wave so I can spend it on Star Wars instead. Only having a buildable figure for Antman 3, especially considering the movie features Kabg and MODOK is downright mind-boggling bordering on maddening. The rest of this wave outside of the very exciting NWH set, really make me wonder what on Earth the Lego Marvel team is thinking. They started the year quite strong and it's immediately going off a cliff.

5 hours ago, Lego_ofme said:

No Kang has disappointed me the most. Was really looking forward to a new great villain minifigure. Perhaps we get He who remains in the marvel cmf. Not sure that’s all that likely unless it’s a large wave like Disney.

Honestly, since we aren’t getting proper quantumania figures in the set, I think it’s very possible we get some in the cmf series. That’d be the best case scenario, getting highly detailed versions of Kang, antman, and the wasp

5 minutes ago, Nylock said:

Honestly, since we aren’t getting proper quantumania figures in the set, I think it’s very possible we get some in the cmf series. That’d be the best case scenario, getting highly detailed versions of Kang, antman, and the wasp

Not gonna happen. They're probably saving it for the Disney+ series'.

If they wanted to give us Ant-Man, Kang, or Wasp, they'd make a proper Quantumania set. LEGO just doesn't care lol. Maybe the previous Ant-Man sets didn't sell well at all :tongue:

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they wanted to give us Ant-Man, Kang, or Wasp, they'd make a proper Quantumania set. LEGO just doesn't care lol. Maybe the previous Ant-Man sets didn't sell well at all :tongue:

For real!

Lego Marvel fans when Antman 3 doesnt get Tie-In sets (nobody bought the sets for the first 2 movies, who could've forseen this predicament?)

12 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

For real!

Lego Marvel fans when Antman 3 doesnt get Tie-In sets (nobody bought the sets for the first 2 movies, who could've forseen this predicament?)

Still, you would think with this film being created under the premise that it was going to be completely different from the other Ant-man movies, and was going to be people's first real exposure to the new big bad, that would be taken into account when deciding what to make.

I would also like to mention that there are still at least 3 full sized sets(76224, 76252, 76266) that we have no info on in terms of subject matter, although I do think 76266 will end up being a DC set due to it's placement. In all, if we get another Quantumania set this year that's amazing, but otherwise we may have another No Way Home on our hands.

I must say I'm extremely relieved to see there's no Marvel Modular released during this wave since all the price points were too low for a large Avengers Tower. Hopefully we see a $349.99 D2C rumor for the fall soon even though my wallet disagrees.

No, we won't get another Quantumania set :tongue:

The one we're getting is already releasing three months after the movie premieres. They didn't hide anything in the marketing — the trailer practically shows the whole movie in a nutshell, and they've revealed all the characters as soon as they could.

Again — if they wanted to make a set for this, they very well could've. They just chose not to.

I wonder what's going on in Billund... it's almost like their snorting their marijuana, and injecting their LSD!* They certainly aren't thinking straight anymore even if they aren't on anything. The choices made recently across a lot themes are making me question the sanity of high-up Lego executives! This Giant-man set is just one of quite a few odd steps.

*Yes, I said that wrong on purpose for comedic purposes.

Edited by Murdoch17

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Lego is really saving me money on Marvel this coming wave so I can spend it on Star Wars instead.

Don’t worry you’ll be saving money on that one too.

I also have a feeling that the Marvel CMF may be different this year. Kang would have a lot of draw as opposed to now year-old characters from D+ series.

I think it will be a mixture of live action D+ and movies with no What If characters.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

For real!

I mean...when you look at these comments, most of them did not want them for Ant Man...

I guess that's kind of what happened with the movie too, unfortunately. As a huge Ant Man fan, I am very disappointed in all of you. 

8 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I mean...when you look at these comments, most of them did not want them for Ant Man...

I guess that's kind of what happened with the movie too, unfortunately. As a huge Ant Man fan, I am very disappointed in all of you. 

Hey now; I've been with Ant-Man day one. I just want more Minifigures.

2 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Hey now; I've been with Ant-Man day one. I just want more Minifigures.

Okay I am not disappointed in you. To be honest, yeah, I would quite like some more Ant Man themed minifigures too, I am more referring to the fact that there seems to be unfortunately more desire for Modok or Kang than the main group. 

15 minutes ago, doclord said:

I also have a feeling that the Marvel CMF may be different this year. Kang would have a lot of draw as opposed to now year-old characters from D+ series.

I think it will be a mixture of live action D+ and movies with no What If characters.

If LEGO thought Kang would have a lot of draw, they would've made a set based on the movie where he's the main villain :tongue:

This will definitely be a fully Disney+ CMF series. They don't make sets for any of those projects, and it's not like twelve spots are a lot for the amount of content they've produced since 2021.

1 hour ago, FoggyFate said:

Don’t worry you’ll be saving money on that one too.

Based on Promobricks‘ recent comment or do you know something we don‘t? :grin: I mean, the wave was only described as „a bit controversial“.

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This will definitely be a fully Disney+ CMF series. 

Most likely, yes. Kang will show up in 2025 sets at the latest and MODOK will surely appear again too, so no need to panic

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

20 minuti fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

non c'è bisogno di farsi prendere dal panico

well in short, for the first time in many years Lego passes over a film in favor of a build and we shouldn't worry?  let me know when the time is right then :-D joking aside, this is a dangerous precedent

1 hour ago, doclord said:

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Most likely, yes. Kang will show up in 2025 sets at the latest and MODOK will surely appear again too, so no need to panic

@BrickBob Studpants hit the nail on the head. Kang’s the next Thanos in the MCU. A minifigure is coming, don’t fret.

As for MCU Modok, I’m afraid that probably won’t ever happen in Lego form.

58 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Based on Promobricks‘ recent comment or do you know something we don‘t? :grin: I mean, the wave was only described as „a bit controversial“.

Yeah, I asked this somewhere else, but wasn't that "BS we thought we were done with" qoute about marvel? I swear I remember people thinking it was the return of super jumpers over here.

38 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

well in short, for the first time in many years Lego passes over a film in favor of a build and we shouldn't worry?  let me know when the time is right then :-D joking aside, this is a dangerous precedent

We are still getting a set, are we not? It just doesn't have minifigs. It's a mind-boggling decision not to produce a Kang fig, but given that the past 2 ant-man films only had one set, along with other solo movies like black widow, captain marvel, etc, I don't think there's any reason to panic. The MCU's going to continue to dominate the box office and receive tons of tie-in sets at least until secret wars... despite any drop in quality of the films and shows themselves.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'm happily still panicking over Wasp. She was supposed to be the guarantee over the big Kang or Cassie debate. She is in desperate need of an update that uses a different helmet (same as Ant Man/Firefly ideally)

17 minuti fa, Mandalorianknight ha detto:

Stiamo ancora ottenendo un set, vero? Semplicemente non ha minifig. È una decisione sbalorditiva non produrre un fico Kang, ma dato che gli ultimi 2 film di ant-man avevano solo un set, insieme ad altri film da solista come Black widow, Captain Marvel, ecc, non credo che ci sia motivo di farsi prendere dal panico. L'MCU continuerà a dominare il botteghino e a ricevere tonnellate di set tie-in almeno fino alle guerre segrete... nonostante qualsiasi calo di qualità dei film e degli spettacoli stessi.

All right, mcu will continue and lego will make many sets, and Quantumania will remain the movie with the construction without minifigures.  We have old films without sets or incomplete and that irritates me.  Right now that “infinity saga” is filling the gaps, Lego has the nice idea to create new gaps.  it sucks for my collection :-D

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I dunno, I feel like he's one of those antagonists that Marvel might kill off for absolutely no reason at all.

M.O.D.O.K. has so much potential imo, but I feel like they brought Corey Stoll as a one-time deal only.