Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

47 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

But I'm definitely disappointed with the set overall. It might be wide enough but it's definitely not tall enough especially with that lackluster roof. 

Yeah, these are pretty much my sentiments exactly. The mansion is supposed to be a huge building and it's got the width. But it's lacking height. If they just made each level a couple of bricks higher it'd look so much better. And the roof could use some help. Also, not a fan of all the studs on the front. A smooth face would help it look much better.

And, as long as I'm nitpicking, the one other thing I'd change is I'd make the ground floor light bluish gray and the top floor tan.

10 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

If they are reading these forums they are getting the best response to any survey they've done I imagine

If anyone from Lego is reading, please include Kitty Pryde.

Actually, and I know this would never happen, but since Lego has to know by now about this leak and given that it's still in production, it'd be fun if they did a poll where we could vote on which X-Men to include.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Because when people say they want a set they actually mean they want the minifigures included on it :grin:

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I'm good on figures. I have pretty much all the Infinity Saga characters and variants I'd want to display in most Earth-based buildings either produced by Lego or from others, the figures are not a priority unless they are amazing. At this stage I kinda just want iconic structures from the series that look great externally and has some minifigure scale rooms for displaying or storing figures in.

Ouch, I don't like the look of that X-Mansion. It's okay but certainly not what I would expect from a $300 Marvel set in the age of the Daily Bugle and Sanctum Sanctorum. The exterior seems very plain and I think it's too wide. I'd prefer a little less width and more height instead. This honestly looks like a prototype designed in 2012-2014 given the basic detailing on the facade and the gate  that reminds me of the 2013 Arkham Asylum.

We may not be their target audience.  I sure am not :-P However the images are still there?  no sniper?  threat?  intimidation?  this is suspicious.  Before lego shows top secret images without taking precautions.  the images leak and the legal department does not intervene… this thing continues to be strange

2 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

We may not be their target audience.  I sure am not :-P However the images are still there?  no sniper?  threat?  intimidation?  this is suspicious.  Before lego shows top secret images without taking precautions.  the images leak and the legal department does not intervene… this thing continues to be strange

They realized they lost the war on leaks.

Glad to see the X-Mansion is at least under consideration for a set even if its not confirmed for 2023. A facade is more or less what I'd expected it to be since that was the approach taken by Arkham Asylum and Lockwood Manor. The set definitely looks to be taking inspiration from both the Fox movies and Animated Series in its appearance but could use some more depth in its build rather than being just a flat wall. Still I'll take anything based on X-Men at this point.

Shame its missing Jean Grey, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee and Mr. Sinister but nothing a Blackbird in the summer wave can't fix.

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm a bit skeptical of the idea of a D2C Avengers Tower being released at a price point lower than the Sanctum Sanctorum.  I feel like Avengers Tower would be closer in size and price to the Daily Bugle.  Not sure what else could be a plausible option though.

Lego Batman is making a comeback in the summer wave? Perhaps the next D2C location is from DC instead of Marvel this time? There's no shortage of options between the Batcave, Wayne Manor or an Arkham Asylum remake.

1 hour ago, Alegrispa said:

I genuinely don't get why people actually want an Avengers tower. It's just such an ugly building.

Its an iconic Marvel landmark and the centerpiece during the Battle of New York from the first Avengers film.

The two previous sets of the tower also don't really cut it anymore when compared to the quality of the 2021 Daily Bugle. Its like why settle for the 2014/2018 Mos Eisley Cantina when you can have the Master Builder Series one?

Doesn't really matter if its branded under Stark Tower or Avengers Tower - its the same building at the end of the day and deserves a definitive release.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Because when people say they want a set they actually mean they want the minifigures included on it :grin:

The minifigures would be the least interesting part of the tower. We've got them all before. For me its all about the build.

12 minuti fa, psqidexslizer ha detto:

Si sono resi conto di aver perso la guerra per le fughe di notizie.

:-D 

I was thinking:

2022 = Wolverine 10$

2024 = X-Mansion 300$

2023????

19 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

:-D 

I was thinking:

2022 = Wolverine 10$

2024 = X-Mansion 300$

2023????

A new Blackbird in the same vein as the recent Quinjet and Milano would be amazing, but I'm not holding my breathe. I wouldn't even count the X-Mansion as a sure thing yet.

I'm just happy to know the Wolverine mech wasn't a one-off thing and Lego is considering X-Men sets again.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Chad move

Your new profile picture has made me realise that Sony messed up with Jared Leto, clearly The Rock was a better choice to play Morbius

It's Rockin Time

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

If they are reading these forums they are getting the best response to any survey they've done I imagine

"So the people have spoken, and they desire <checks notes> LESS Venom? Are they sure? Anything else? Minifigures with arm printing... James we'll need to delay those No Way Home sets until we can put arm printing on every Ned Leeds figure stat!"

If they do another Wolverine, what suit do you think they'd do? The one from the mech set might be out of print by the time this set gets made. It'd be cool if they did the X-mansion like the home alone house, but wouldn't mind an open back

I almost forgot about the Star-Lord helmet in all this X-Mansion excitement! I like the build more than I expected. It's very clean and looks great for the most part, but I think the empty head is just weird. I definitely would've preferred brick-built hair on top. Yeah it would look like Star-Lord's severed head, but LEGO already sells two severed heads with the Venom and Carnage "helmets".

The pencil pot feature doesn't add much since these are meant to be display pieces. And don't get me started on the price. I was thinking $60 was a bit too much but I'd still pay it, but when I saw $80 my eyes bugged out of my head. This is already a frontrunner for the most overpriced 2023 LEGO set. I'll only buy it if it drops below $60. Still not sure what LEGO is thinking with these crazy prices. At least for Star Wars it makes sense, but is Star-Lord really popular enough to sell a bunch of overpriced helmets?

Edited by GoldenNinja3000

Huh. This is the first time I’ve been happy about being wrong about a leak. If this is indeed a prototype, this will be the first ever time I will buy a set with over 2000 pieces. On sale.

Edited by CodFather1

I had a thought that the x mansion could include a secret Deadpool room, kind of similar to how diagon alley included a secret Harry minifig and plague, and just hide it inside the mansion 

I was always surprised LEGO made that first Deadpool, but I'd almost be even more surprised with another one now that he's very publicly associated with a vulgar R-rated series. What LEGO will touch based on simply comic source material and what they'll touch based on mass media like film is different, I should think.

But here's hoping for all of the people who missed out on the first one.

Would people here rather have a lousy X-mansion with figures we have been rooting for for the past 5000 years? Or no X-mansion/ X-men at all???

I'm getting in, if only for the figures!!!

5 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Actually, and I know this would never happen, but since Lego has to know by now about this leak and given that it's still in production, it'd be fun if they did a poll where we could vote on which X-Men to include.

That’s a pretty good idea because Marvel is currently doing a fan vote of who is going to join the X-men in the comics and they’ve done that in years past too.

8 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Yeah, these are pretty much my sentiments exactly. The mansion is supposed to be a huge building and it's got the width. But it's lacking height. If they just made each level a couple of bricks higher it'd look so much better. And the roof could use some help. Also, not a fan of all the studs on the front. A smooth face would help it look much better.

And, as long as I'm nitpicking, the one other thing I'd change is I'd make the ground floor light bluish gray and the top floor tan.

If anyone from Lego is reading, please include Kitty Pryde.

Kitty pride with a purple version of that mini dragon mold as lockheed. Bring it on!

Since Lego started making Marvel Lego I have always wanted an X-Mansion but this just seems incomplete. The exterior is very lazy so I can only imagine that the interior will follow suit.  See all I wanted was a version like the Lego Ideas set.  That was perfect as the detail on both the exterior and interior was incredible along with including the underground section and having a fully enclosable building like the Ghostbusters HQ. 

For anyone who hasn't seen this and doesn't know what I am talking about here's the link. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/88bdd125-2c99-4fd7-8537-9bceccd10aef

Edited by Legoman123

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but I'm good on figures. I have pretty much all the Infinity Saga characters and variants I'd want to display in most Earth-based buildings either produced by Lego or from others, the figures are not a priority unless they are amazing. At this stage I kinda just want iconic structures from the series that look great externally and has some minifigure scale rooms for displaying or storing figures in.

You're definitely not alone in that. The figures are cool and I try to have some representation of all the 'main' Marvel characters, but with the exception of Daredevil and the Punisher I've definitely enjoyed the builds from these bigger sets more than the figures.

In fact, I think I've sold pretty much all the figs from the MoM and Infinity War Sanctums. 

Eagerly awaiting whatever that $200 set is. 

Edited by SEmrys

11 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

Eagerly awaiting whatever that $200 set is. 

Keep in mind that it could well be a DC set :grin: The theme does return from hibernation, after all

The more I look at the leak, the more I feel like it might have been an old canceled set, even though I love it, the quality definitely isn't in line with modern sets, it reminds me more of the early superheroes waves. If that's the case, I just hope the survey shows there's demand for a set like that.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Keep in mind that it could well be a DC set :grin: The theme does return from hibernation, after all

I wouldn't even be annoyed if it turned out to be DC instead. They deserve it.