Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

If all those leaks are real i don’t know what to buy. Too many options :-/

at first the x-men look a lot like the knockoff versions that already exist for years, but they are different in these pics. 
and even if the mansion looks a bit plain, i want it :-D

Edited by Borex

On 12/31/2022 at 12:24 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Wondering if this could be similar to the Gotham set that just leaked 

x-mansion is ugly, but lego has already done something similar with the latest arkham.  Before any commercialization it would certainly be turned on with a thousand details.  And in any case for those minifigures I could kill :-D

Yeah, the X-Mansion is ugly. On the other hand, it's Lego. I can just build my own (and already have). Which, obviously, that doesn't excuse the set looking pretty meh. I'm just saying I'm getting it for the figures.

Assuming this is actually going to be coming out and this isn't a joke or some step in Lego's plan to put an end to leaks.

Edited by psqidexslizer

23 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

Wondering if this could be similar to the Gotham set that just leaked 

This would be cool, which Spider-man would they do? 2099 piece count may be a hint at Spiderverse.

1 hour ago, Nerdynews said:

Because you deny everything and tell people to stop talking about it and then when it’s true you just forgot that you tried to stop everyone from believing it. Rinse and repeat. This isn’t the first one you have done this. And saying “calling someone dumb” doesn’t mean you literally said “you are dumb”. Don’t take things so literal.

I've been following LEGO leaks for nearly a decade, and you gain a bit of experience in that time. A leak like that has never happened. Some people made similar things up tho, a lot of times (my aunt who works at LEGO has shown me images of Uncharted sets, and stuff like that).

So yes, experienced people on this forum immediately say fake. Too many times set discussion has been derailed by fake leaks. Also, you're acting like I have any kind of authority here — I just said it's fake, move on, no point discussing it. I wasn't right, but it was logical at that time.

And calling someone dumb does suggest name-calling, or at the very least talking about someone in a negative way. I never even addressed you as a person, and here you are, acting like you were personally hurt :tongue:

No point in discussing this further tho.

I absolutely love the mansion. It could also easily double as Wayne Manor. The figure inclusion is pretty nice, although I would've preferred professor X in his green suit, just to make him a little bit more distinguishable from characters like Lex Luthor (still possible ofcourse). Although I wished it would have included Jean Grey, Rogue and Quicksilver as well.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I've been following LEGO leaks for nearly a decade, and you gain a bit of experience in that time.

I've been following leaks since 2005 (the ROTS leaks to be precise) and I can attest that something like this has NEVER happened before. Heck, we didn't even know surveys like that were a thing! Maybe they've been doing it for years and this just marks the first time an actual AFOL participated :laugh_hard:

Yeah, we were quick to judge, but we've seen these schemes plenty of times before. After a while, you know how to spot one, but still, this was a clear false negative. Pretty rare, but it can happen. Again, sincerest apologies to @JeanGreyForever. This cannot be understated.

I was just thinking how ironic it actually is how JeanGreyForever leaks the biggest x-men set ever, but it doesn't include, well, Jean Grey. Maybe now they will never release her (again) just to spite the leaker xD

15 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I was just thinking how ironic it actually is how JeanGreyForever leaks the biggest x-men set ever, but it doesn't include, well, Jean Grey. Maybe now they will never release her (again) just to spite the leaker xD

Cursed to forever remain an SDCC 2012 exclusive

A potential prototype of a set for 2024/2025 that may never get made... not really sure how to judge that in terms of a list.

As for own thoughts on it, I would'nt buy it. It lacks the features I'd want in an X-Men Mansion, the figure selection is 'ok' but nothing unique enough to sell it, the price is insane already at $390 and will likely wind up around $450 if it gets released due to inflation.

We still have 76262: $199.99 (18+, 3128pcs) to speculate about though. My hope is still on Avengers Tower, especially with X-Men Mansion now potentially being in 2024.

I'm a bit skeptical of the idea of a D2C Avengers Tower being released at a price point lower than the Sanctum Sanctorum.  I feel like Avengers Tower would be closer in size and price to the Daily Bugle.  Not sure what else could be a plausible option though.

So from what I’ve heard the X-Mansion from the picture is probably a 2014 prototype that got cancelled for whatever reason, so shouldn’t be indicative of the final design at all, just more used to give the person from the survey an idea of what the set would be like. Which makes sense because the set from the pics is definitely not +3,000 pieces.

While the front of the mansion does look very plain, i suppose the inside will have some cool features, right? A danger room, cerebro, stuff like that. 
the line-up is while solid, not the best though. But with the X-men and so many (ex-)members it shall never be good enough for us i guess X-D

8 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm a bit skeptical of the idea of a D2C Avengers Tower being released at a price point lower than the Sanctum Sanctorum.  I feel like Avengers Tower would be closer in size and price to the Daily Bugle.  Not sure what else could be a plausible option though.

Oh, for sure. If we get an Avengers tower would neet to be bigger, so no way it's cheaper.

20 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

I genuinely don't get why people actually want an Avengers tower. It's just such an ugly building.

Because when people say they want a set they actually mean they want the minifigures included on it :grin:

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

Because when people say they want a set they actually mean they want the minifigures included on it :grin:

While I’m a big fan of minifigures, I don’t think an Avengers Tower could offer us something that we don’t already have. Unless they made another  half-suited Iron Man Tony Stark except this time he’s wearing the Iron Man pants. ;)

Personally I think the Avengers Tower is a rad building and it’ll look awesome next to the other Marvel modular buildings. It’s also easily the most iconic building in the MCU so it’s gotta come eventually.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I definitely left in my survey comments that I would want a Jean Grey to be included.

But I'm definitely disappointed with the set overall. It might be wide enough but it's definitely not tall enough especially with that lackluster roof. Even though we can't see the interior, from the bits we can see of it from the open windows and doors, it's clear to me that this mansion is only based off of the upper level floors so it'll be bedrooms, classrooms, and Professor X's office. I don't see a Danger Room, Cerebro, the Blackbird hangar, etc. making it in. Possibly in an expansion set that would fit underneath but considering how pricey the mansion is by itself, I don't know if there would be a demand for another set just as expensive to complete it.

Even with the limited space we do have right now, I don't think the bedrooms will be all that great. In the comics, Storm has the attic to herself filled with her plants, Colossus' room would have his paintings, Wolverine's room would be Japanese themed, Nightcrawler's room had an Errol Flynn poster, Kitty Pryde and Magik shared a bedroom, etc. but I see little to none of that making it in this set. The Brotherhood characters taking up half the minifigure count also seems unnecessary unless the premise of the set is that the Brotherhood is attacking the X-Mansion. Juggernaut would have made more sense if there needed to be a villain because he's a single character. I'd much rather see the other prominent X-Men included over villains.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I've been following LEGO leaks for nearly a decade, and you gain a bit of experience in that time. A leak like that has never happened. Some people made similar things up tho, a lot of times (my aunt who works at LEGO has shown me images of Uncharted sets, and stuff like that).

So yes, experienced people on this forum immediately say fake. Too many times set discussion has been derailed by fake leaks. Also, you're acting like I have any kind of authority here — I just said it's fake, move on, no point discussing it. I wasn't right, but it was logical at that time.

And calling someone dumb does suggest name-calling, or at the very least talking about someone in a negative way. I never even addressed you as a person, and here you are, acting like you were personally hurt :tongue:

No point in discussing this further tho.

Im doing the same thing. I don't have any authority but I am just making it clear that once again you are completely wrong and I have been following lego leaks longer than you. 

No it suggests that you suggested they were dumb. Idk how you don't get that. I am not acting like I was hurt (but that is a lie and you did address me, don't play innocent) but I am once again making it clear that you were wrong and the next time you try to shut everyone down I would probably not listen to you because you know nothing. 

No point in discussing this further tho (so I get the last word)

Edited by Nerdynews

3 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

No point in discussing this further tho (so I get the last word)

Chad move

I instantly dismissed all of those leak sets as fake because they are all too good to be true but if promobricks is backing this up.... wow! Very exciting stuff, I absolutely want the X-Mansion!

Hope TLG doesn’t read these forums for opinions on what to sell - I’d definitely buy that

Marvel buildings are few and far between.