Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I was not trying to start a debate on the perception of the branding, just wanted to acknowledge how I've seen it viewed on other platforms and I was glad that Eurobricks would not fall into such debates given we are aware of the behind-the-scenes information and just the reality that it'd be conflicting to have so many different branding styles at play :look:

On 1/19/2023 at 4:56 PM, LegendaryArticuno said:

It's time to support YouTubers that provide meaningful feedback to Lego on stuff that actually matters.

Honestly, vote with wallet and feedback forms Lego gives out - they do read them.

I think it's fairly simple though honestly:

• Demand - it's unclear if the audience was around for these types of sets to begin with
  • Audience - many of the sets seem to misinterpret the audience or try to pander to multiple audiences at the detriment of a percieved target audience
  • Design - due to a variety of factors the designs don't seem to match expectations, primarily in regards to techniques or overall focus of a set
  • Pricing - granted some people want ridiculous low pricing, but the pricing not matching the percieved value is a problem with some sets
On 1/19/2023 at 4:56 PM, LegendaryArticuno said:

over abundance of cheap and poorly designed mechs that we constantly get. -snip-

They are cheap mechs though - so they sell. I still enjoy the mechs conceptually so a mech will interest me more than yet another car build. Even though I want a Morbius figure, set-wise I'm still drawn to the new IW Hulkbuster for the build because I simply prefer mechs to cars.

On 1/19/2023 at 10:57 PM, StarLord said:

How come we havent got any leaks about the ant-man set?

Latest rumour was that we would not get it until May, hence no info or leaks. It appears it may never have been pushed forward at all.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:57 PM, TheJackBricks said:

To be fair, when we've seen a modular in the past two years, there was at least 1 set with figures "teasing" it.

I don't even think it'd just be a matter of figures teasing it. I think 40344 could be considered a teaser to judge interest. I also find the box art for the Quinjet interesting also as its showing the top of Stark Tower. I've been under the impression if we ever get an adaptation of Avengers Tower it would likely be Stark Tower due to its focus in Avengers. This sort of design was also used in Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Lego Marvel Avengers Assemble and it was revisited in Avengers Endgame so they have excuse to include some other characters or variations of characters.

AoU version does have some potential and in general would probably be easier to adapt, but I view it as less iconic and much more likely to require a good selection of figures whereas the Stark Tower had much more focus and could easily be paired with just a unique Tony Stark Figure again.

k13rwmxo39t41.png

If TLG is going to make these MARVEL D2C's for Oscorp Tower and Avengers/Stark tower, this would be my dream for scale/design:Mecabricks.com | Wildfyre's Marvel Skyline

Just now, dukesofbrickdom said:

If TLG is going to make these MARVEL D2C's for Oscorp Tower and Avengers/Stark tower, this would be my dream for scale/design:Mecabricks.com | Wildfyre's Marvel Skyline

Credit to Wildfyre on Mecabricks.

1 hour ago, dukesofbrickdom said:

Yeah but like, we have to pay for those.

If it came to the point of us getting an Avengers Tower modular, I'd rather for it to be a bit smaller if that meant I could afford it.

3 hours ago, dukesofbrickdom said:

If TLG is going to make these MARVEL D2C's for Oscorp Tower and Avengers/Stark tower, this would be my dream for scale/design:

Damn, those look awesome!

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah but like, we have to pay for those.

:head_back: :head_back: :head_back: there is that.

Regards,
Mitch

16 hours ago, dukesofbrickdom said:

If TLG is going to make these MARVEL D2C's for Oscorp Tower and Avengers/Stark tower, this would be my dream for scale/design

Seeing those I'd definitely prefer if it's Stark Tower rather than Avengers Tower. Would stand out more if displayed against the Daily Bugle, rather than have two builds that are mostly windows.

3e86c488-c84c-459a-94aa-16f67a275350.jpg?crop=center&height=1024&v=1651751502&width=1024

I feel like if they were to do an Avengers Tower, they might want to wait until we have seen whoever bought the building, as that appears to be a pretty big deal in the mcu going forward. That way, they can perhaps include 3 different logos for us to change around and use minifigures from 3 different movies. So Stark Tower and the original Avengers for said movie, could pretty much include all figures from the new Quinjet plus a new Hawkeye and Hulk, Avengers Tower for Age of Ultron with Ultron and some others and then whatever they wanna do next, Baxter Building for fantastic 4 perhaps? Idk. Could even include Spidey in his homemade suit, vulture (from the nwh wave) and Happy to represent the big move in Homecoming (and such continue the trend of including Spidey in the modular sets). My point being with a modular Avengers Tower going to be the definitive lego version, I feel like they don't want to release it only for it to be outdated within a year or 2 (when it still sits on the store shelves).

11 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I feel like if they were to do an Avengers Tower, they might want to wait until we have seen whoever bought the building, as that appears to be a pretty big deal in the mcu going forward. That way, they can perhaps include 3 different logos for us to change around and use minifigures from 3 different movies. So Stark Tower and the original Avengers for said movie, could pretty much include all figures from the new Quinjet plus a new Hawkeye and Hulk, Avengers Tower for Age of Ultron with Ultron and some others and then whatever they wanna do next, Baxter Building for fantastic 4 perhaps? Idk. Could even include Spidey in his homemade suit, vulture (from the nwh wave) and Happy to represent the big move in Homecoming (and such continue the trend of including Spidey in the modular sets). My point being with a modular Avengers Tower going to be the definitive lego version, I feel like they don't want to release it only for it to be outdated within a year or 2 (when it still sits on the store shelves).

*If* we got and Avengers tower I think it would be, well, the Avengers tower.

Like the Stark tower is a totally different colour, no way they could make it so it works as both.

But even if they did look the same, were it to become the Baxter building, it would also get a huge redesign, so it wouldn't work either.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

*If* we got and Avengers tower I think it would be, well, the Avengers tower.

Like the Stark tower is a totally different colour, no way they could make it so it works as both.

But even if they did look the same, were it to become the Baxter building, it would also get a huge redesign, so it wouldn't work either.

I feel like it would depend on how big a potential redesign would be. Like they kept the overall (Llama) shape of the building the same as Stark Tower, one would look at it and would instantly recognise it as the same building. Obviously they wouldn't do 2 entirely different colours for the building in one set, that would almost double the pieces, but if the change for version 3 is just minor, like only the logo and another small detail, I could see it happen. Similar to how they included both dish pieces for the Millennium Falcon. In the end, I feel it would mostly just come down to minifigure inclusion and interior design if they were to include stuff from all 3 iterations (would they ever do such a set). With the main focus being the Avengers tower. But I also feel like it wouldn't be out of the question to include 3 different logos. A Stark logo with a falling letters play feature would simply be a nice extras, I don't think anyone would bat an eye if the rest of the building doesn't quite match as long as they don't advertise it as the Stark tower, but simply as the avengers tower. But maybe that's simply too wishful thinking for a potential set.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I've never quite understood where the idea behind an OsCorp Tower came from. It's relatively un-iconic, there's arguably only one famous event that happened there (and even the spider bite happening there is dependent on which universe you're talking about), and is only depicted in one film series that was not well received. Without OsCorp existing in the MCU, I highly doubt we ever see it in LEGO form.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

....I don't think anyone would bat an eye if the rest of the building doesn't quite match as long as they don't advertise it as the Stark tower, but simply as the avengers tower

Around here, some people would lose it and crucify Lego for such a horrible offense

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

Around here, some people would lose it and crucify Lego for such a horrible offense

Eurobricks users when Captain America's outfit is Bright Blue instead of Dark Azur (the theme should get canceled and the designers prosecuted)

7 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I feel like it would depend on how big a potential redesign would be. Like they kept the overall (Llama) shape of the building the same as Stark Tower, one would look at it and would instantly recognise it as the same building. Obviously they wouldn't do 2 entirely different colours for the building in one set, that would almost double the pieces, but if the change for version 3 is just minor, like only the logo and another small detail, I could see it happen. Similar to how they included both dish pieces for the Millennium Falcon. In the end, I feel it would mostly just come down to minifigure inclusion and interior design if they were to include stuff from all 3 iterations (would they ever do such a set). With the main focus being the Avengers tower. But I also feel like it wouldn't be out of the question to include 3 different logos. A Stark logo with a falling letters play feature would simply be a nice extras, I don't think anyone would bat an eye if the rest of the building doesn't quite match as long as they don't advertise it as the Stark tower, but simply as the avengers tower. But maybe that's simply too wishful thinking for a potential set.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we get a glimpse of part of the tower in Far From Home and it's already getting a pretty drastic renovation? 

I feel like whatever it ends up being it'll basically be a brand new building. 

I do think a swappable Stark/Avengers Tower would be cool, but for my wallets sake I hope whatever we get is around the same price as the Bugle (cheaper if possible, but I doubt they'd do it justice) and a swappable Tower would increase the price a fair bit. 

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Eurobricks users when Captain America's outfit is Bright Blue instead of Dark Azur (the theme should get canceled and the designers prosecuted)

Yup  *huh*

8 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

I've never quite understood where the idea behind an OsCorp Tower came from. It's relatively un-iconic, there's arguably only one famous event that happened there (and even the spider bite happening there is dependent on which universe you're talking about), and is only depicted in one film series that was not well received. Without OsCorp existing in the MCU, I highly doubt we ever see it in LEGO form.

The same could be said about the Daily Bugle. Oscorp is a shady laboratory heavy company, and basically the Green Goblin's headquarters, plus as you mention, the place of Peter Parker getting his powers. Meanwhile the Bugle is just an office. An office that isn't anything related to the MCU, especially as their take on the DB is more like a parody on InfoWars

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

The same could be said about the Daily Bugle. Oscorp is a shady laboratory heavy company, and basically the Green Goblin's headquarters, plus as you mention, the place of Peter Parker getting his powers. Meanwhile the Bugle is just an office. An office that isn't anything related to the MCU, especially as their take on the DB is more like a parody on InfoWars

True, but the fact that we got one large tower makes a second less likely I would think. The DB is more prominently featured in the Raimi trilogy (not to mention OsCorp isn't a tower in those) and I suspect people are more familiar with it and its employees like Jameson and Robbie Robertson. Plus LEGO managed to stack the DB with easter eggs.

It would be interesting to see LEGO do a Shawarma set similar to the Bro Thor's New Asgard. It would be a good way to include all of the Avengers for relatively cheap and it would probably fly off the shelves.

I've been thinking about what else TLG could do for modulars besides the obvious Avengers/Stark Tower and Oscorp Tower, which I would love to see just in my own personal opinion. It would probably have to deviate from NYC and be Asgard instead, but I feel there isn't much more iconic than the Daily Bugle, Sanctum Sanctorum, and Avengers Tower. I personally want a ton more tall skyscrapers to build a cool skyline in my city, but I accept that is unrealistic. Its also possible they won't release any more, but I don't see that as likely due to the success of the Bugle and the Sanctum. I guess they could do fan service and give us Midtown High, but that is still so Spider Man centric....

2 hours ago, dukesofbrickdom said:

I've been thinking about what else TLG could do for modulars besides the obvious Avengers/Stark Tower and Oscorp Tower, which I would love to see just in my own personal opinion. It would probably have to deviate from NYC and be Asgard instead, but I feel there isn't much more iconic than the Daily Bugle, Sanctum Sanctorum, and Avengers Tower. I personally want a ton more tall skyscrapers to build a cool skyline in my city, but I accept that is unrealistic. Its also possible they won't release any more, but I don't see that as likely due to the success of the Bugle and the Sanctum. I guess they could do fan service and give us Midtown High, but that is still so Spider Man centric....

For traditional modular buildings? The Baxter Building is the only other notable location I can think of but I don't see that happening until 2025 at the earliest. The only other option would be something similar to Assembly Square where a single set focuses on a variety of smaller Marvel themed establishments such as Nelson & Murdoch and Spider-Man's apartment.

The X-Mansion and Asgard are both iconic enough for a D2C set but neither really suit the modular building format. They'd have to be stand alone display pieces more in line with the Disney Castle, Lion Knights Castle and Home Alone House.

DC has plenty of potential modular options on the table but don't think anything is likely to happen while the theme is currently on the backburner. We'll have to wait for the DCU reboot to bring some interest back to the line.

X-Men fans can rejoice because there appears to be an X-Mansion set in the works. I've managed to get a look at it and although I can't post the picture of the exterior that I've seen, I'll describe it here. 

The set itself is the X-Mansion and features a gate as well. I can only see the exterior so I have no idea what the interior looks like except from the small bits I can see through the open doors and windows. The Mansion is two-levels and does not feature a subbasement with a Danger Room or Cerebro or anything like that. This set seems to be focusing on the residential and academic parts of the mansion. The two levels are mostly tan with some dark tan elements as well whereas the foundation is dark gray and the roof dark gray and light gray. The roof does not feature many details as of now. The first level has dark green foliage growing on it while the second level has a balcony in the middle with a door to access it from the interior. 

There are 9 minifigures shown but the description of the set only specifically mentions 7 of them plus "many more," so it's possible there are more than 9 minifigures. The ones shown are preliminary designs for Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, and the White Queen. Professor X is in his black suit but it doesn't look like he's in a wheelchair but his hoverchair from the 90s. Only the hoverchair is colored gray and dark gray right now. Wolverine and Storm are taken straight from the previous Sentinel set including Storm's lightning blasts. Cyclops's design is new because he's wearing his 90s costume except it's not bright blue but a dark navy blue. Beast looks just like how he did in the Marvel Lego Super Heroes game except he's wearing a white labcoat. Magneto is the same as his previous minifigure except he's missing his purple belt/trunks. Mystique is just a blank blue body and faceless head with the red widow's peak hairpiece so she looks like her movie version. I doubt her final version will be based off of the movie version. Sabretooth is just the Wolverine minifigure from the Deadpool helicopter set but with a blonde hairpiece. 

The set is 3122 pieces and is priced to be likely around $300 with a height of 10 inches/25 cm, a width of 21 inches/53 cm, and 7 inches/17 cm deep.

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

X-Men fans can rejoice...

This guy might be trippin'. He has made many claims on other forums as to what upcoming sets are going to be. He may be right but he may also be making some false claims, so until I hear how he got to see this set, I'm not buying it.

Edited by Clone OPatra
Please don't quote whole posts

4 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

X-Men fans can rejoice because there appears to be an X-Mansion set in the works.

As with the B:TAS set you mentioned in the other topic, this sounds absolutely fantastic but also a LOT of wishful thinking and such.

Really hope it's true, but... well... yeah.

Regards,
Mitch

8 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

X-Men fans can rejoice because there appears to be an X-Mansion set in the works...

Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth, and the White Queen.

I'm gonna be really stupid here and hope that not only is this legit, but also that, seeing as how we're missing Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, and Jean Gray (from the show's lineup, not X-Men in general), we'll be getting a Blackbird set to finish off the team and give us maybe one more villain (Sinister would be great since he seems to be in the revival).

On 1/26/2023 at 6:27 PM, Shiva said:

That Avengers Tower seems possible. Similar price, or higher, than the Daily Bugle.

I think the Bugle is a good starting off point for a scale reference but if we ever got a Stark Tower I’d love for it to have a landing pad wide enough and sturdy enough to hold a single quinjet, so hopefully it’s slightly bigger than the DB to accommodate that function. A huge feature in the MCU has been the Quinjet landing on the Tower. If we were to get a D2C set for Stark Tower I would just really hope it has that play feature. And this should go without saying but it should be to scale to at least 1 existing MCU quinjet set, I really don’t need them adding a quinjet in the set to “demonstrate” that feature as it would either increase cost or lower the piece count for the Tower. 

Personally don’t mind the mechs as we barely get any comic based content in the past 2 years and if we got no mechs this wave then the Morbius set would be our only comic set of the wave and possibly the year depending how things play out. I know we have some mystery sets but if I am correct all the upcoming rumored sets are MCU. Not that I mind but if we got rid of the mechs I think Lego would neglect comic based designs even more. I see them as affordable ways to get interesting figures. I really like the Wolverine and Black Panther I got in 2022, and they were exclusive designs! I would love to see the mechs continue to see who else gets made. Ghost Rider and Rocket Raccoon were interesting pics, and in comic accurate designs as well. The character selections have been top tier so hopefully it continues and they throw some obscure choices at us eventually. (Squirrel girl mech please).