Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

I have a separate room just for all the boxes :blush:

im saving up all my boxes to tile the floors in my new house, i can see it alredy,fresh out the shower, slapping my bare feet over the 2021 benotar.:pir-love:

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

Why do people care about "Infinity Saga" being on the box? We really just want legacy sets, why is this such a hang up for lego fans? This isn't a unique conversation to EB.

I read through some of the YouTube comments and apparently it's a problem because it's proof of Lego's "lack of attention to detail" or it's triggering their autistic tendencies.

The problem is that these people are focusing on a meaningless thing as their barometer of quality. None of these are people are complaining about set design quality or the over abundance of cheap and poorly designed mechs that we constantly get.

It's time to support YouTubers that provide meaningful feedback to Lego on stuff that actually matters. This is a good video on the design experience but IMO probably not critical enough.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

I mean…

I do think the incorrect labeling gives off the impression that Lego doesn’t understand what’s going on at Marvel (especially since the Multiverse Saga branding is so prominent at SDCC, you’d think anyone who cares about the MCU would know), which could be worrisome because you want genuine Marvel fans designing and making these sets so they can create the best products for us as fans. I really don’t think the Hulkbuster D2C set would have happened if Lego truly knew what clicked with Marvel consumers.

It’s not a dealbreaker at the end of the day, and we shouldn’t make it sound like the end of the world, but I do think people have valid reasons to be worried.

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

It's time to support YouTubers that provide meaningful feedback to Lego on stuff that actually matters. This is a good video on the design experience but IMO probably not critical enough.

eggybricks makes such good content, i hope they upload more consistently in the future! i loved their video on the ninjago city gardens remoc.

aside from that, we should start keeping people in check(ie lego youtubers) for having shitty opinions on miniscule subjects

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I have a separate room just for all the boxes :blush:

I think you might be sick

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I regret not keeping all my mcu boxes

Literally why though? 

44 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

I think you might be sick

Severe case of AFOL. No cure has been discovered yet :tongue:

The whole polybag story is pretty nitpicky IMO. Want a truly terrible error? The 2005 catalogue where it proudly said that Anakin is fighting the Empire‘s Vulture Droids. Now THAT was something worth questioning. A wrong label is so insignificant in comparison :laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, hvader said:

I mean…

I do think the incorrect labeling gives off the impression that Lego doesn’t understand what’s going on at Marvel (especially since the Multiverse Saga branding is so prominent at SDCC, you’d think anyone who cares about the MCU would know), which could be worrisome because you want genuine Marvel fans designing and making these sets so they can create the best products for us as fans. I really don’t think the Hulkbuster D2C set would have happened if Lego truly knew what clicked with Marvel consumers.

It’s not a dealbreaker at the end of the day, and we shouldn’t make it sound like the end of the world, but I do think people have valid reasons to be worried.

But again... why? Lego doesn't need to be involved (and probably aren't) with Marvel more than for approval. Infinity Saga is, by all accounts, just Lego's way of saying "Superheroes- but Marvel, not DC." The marketing team doesn't care about the plotlines within the movies, nor are they responsible for weaving some intricate web of promotion to match it. Marvel literally has an entire team of people that do that.

This is why Star Wars lego youtubers are so terrible and it's sad to see this theme go the same way. Lego avoiding sets that highly demanded is one thing, but come on you guys are getting bent up about the label on the box.

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

aside from that, we should start keeping people in check(ie lego youtubers) for having shitty opinions on miniscule subjects

Yes, I definately agree that we should start policing what people say on the internet if we don't like their opinions. Nothing could go wrong. China does it, and look how free they are over there.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The whole polybag story is pretty nitpicky IMO. Want a truly terrible error? The 2005 catalogue where it proudly said that Anakin is fighting the Empire‘s Vulture Droids. Now THAT was something worth questioning. A wrong label is so insignificant in comparison :laugh_hard:

I mean, they do this all the time. Empire logo on gunship box, I remember an old lego magazine said Minecraft Steve and Minecraft Alex were dating and they literally had to issue a correction, probably a lot more too. But when it comes down to it it's not the product itself, just ancillary material, and it's not a big deal.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, I definately agree that we should start policing what people say on the internet if we don't like their opinions. Nothing could go wrong. China does it, and look how free they are over there.

Oh boy, I am sure this will lead to an entirely healthy and relevant discussion

Edited by Brickroll

8 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

5 of those have covered the Multiverse

Which ones? I can only think about Spider-man and Doctor Strange

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, I definately agree that we should start policing what people say on the internet if we don't like their opinions. Nothing could go wrong. China does it, and look how free they are over there..

It's not really policing, but more so not encouraging ADHD videos critiquing things that are utterly pointless and have no relevance to the actual product itself.

Marvel is my favourite Lego theme, but unfortunately good sets (Daily Bugle, Sanctum, Benatar, Bro Thor) are more of an outlier than the norm. That can't change if YouTubers who can provide direct feedback to Lego are focused on nonsensical issues like the logo on the box.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, I definately agree that we should start policing what people say on the internet if we don't like their opinions.

It's been a pleasure knowing you, so sad you were mysteriously banned after saying that.

24 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

It's not really policing, but more so not encouraging ADHD videos critiquing things that are utterly pointless and have no relevance to the actual product itself.

Marvel is my favourite Lego theme, but unfortunately good sets (Daily Bugle, Sanctum, Benatar, Bro Thor) are more of an outlier than the norm. That can't change if YouTubers who can provide direct feedback to Lego are focused on nonsensical issues like the logo on the box.

What do you mean by 'ADHD' vidoes?

If Lego want direct feedback though they can check things like this forum or Facebook groups.  It's really not that difficult to do that and to be honest I'm sure they have people doing that anyway.  

36 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

at the end of the day, it's not a big deal lego is a billion-dollar company and they can do what they want, hell, marvel probably told them that the "saga" title was only for legacy products, and the armor not being based on a specific one from any movie or the scarlet witch Minifigure that is based on a multiverse sage movie, it is not a large problem, it is not lego refusing to make products with men on them (just an outlandish example mind you) it is them slapping a logo on a key chain, not even a building set.

also, there's this thing called keeping people in check, not policing them, or telling them that they're wrong for doing something, just reminding them of what power they hold and what they can do with said power, this is in no way an attack towards you nor Ashton, its just me having an opinion. I'm sorry if you took my comment as me trying to control what other people have to say, next time i will watch what i post more carefully and try to think of what others might have to say

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Loki and What If…? but I’m not sure on the 5th one unless they’re counting Quantumania early

7 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Loki and What If…? but I’m not sure on the 5th one unless they’re counting Quantumania early

WandaVision I guess??

2 minutes ago, StarLord said:

How come we havent got any leaks about the ant-man set?

Because we still don‘t have a release date, which may as well be May for all we know :shrug_oh_well: 

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

↓↓↓

30 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

↓↓↓

23 minutes ago, hvader said:

WandaVision I guess??

Bing bing bing, I'd certainly count it as multiverse as it directly sets up Multiverse of Madness

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Bing bing bing, I'd certainly count it as multiverse as it directly sets up Multiverse of Madness

In that case you might as well count FFH as it sets up FFH! :tongue:

5 hours ago, PGBQW said:

It's been a pleasure knowing you, so sad you were mysteriously banned after saying that.

Remember me as a loyal acolyte of the one true Morbius.

5 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Not encouraging them, sure. I personally think the video's kinda pointless. But at the same time, "keeping people in check" has some pretty messed up implications.

9 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

triggering their autistic tendencies.

I don't feel the immense urge to fix the infinity saga packaging. You're thinking of... OCD, maybe? 

4 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

at the end of the day, it's not a big deal lego is a billion-dollar company and they can do what they want, hell, marvel probably told them that the "saga" title was only for legacy products, and the armor not being based on a specific one from any movie or the scarlet witch Minifigure that is based on a multiverse sage movie, it is not a large problem, it is not lego refusing to make products with men on them (just an outlandish example mind you) it is them slapping a logo on a key chain, not even a building set.

also, there's this thing called keeping people in check, not policing them, or telling them that they're wrong for doing something, just reminding them of what power they hold and what they can do with said power, this is in no way an attack towards you nor Ashton, its just me having an opinion. I'm sorry if you took my comment as me trying to control what other people have to say, next time i will watch what i post more carefully and try to think of what others might have to say

Don't get me wrong. It's not about the video itself (which is kinda my wider point as you'll see.). I like Ashnflash but I think there's not really a point to the video. It's a mistake, sure, I just don't think it warrants a video. But he's not hurting anyone. If he wants to spend his own time making a video about something we see as minor, who cares?

Nah, man, you can't "keep people in check" on the internet. You don't get to decide what people say online. That's kinda the point. I'm sure I came off pretty confrontational, but this is one of my hills to die on. 

Anyway to try and get slightly back on topic, do we know ANYTHING about the quantumania set's contents? I think we just know price, and maybe piece count. It'd be nice to at least know what the name is.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I'm more curious to know the names of the summer wave: I HAVE to know what happens with Avengers 2012 😁 For Quantumania I think we have evaluated all the options (and there aren't many)

On 1/17/2023 at 4:57 AM, Legocentrico said:

I've always thought the Stark/Avengers switch would be an important play feature in a hypothetical tower. Although by now we have almost all the protagonists of 2012 (and I want to hope that Hulk and Hawkeye are on the way)

To be fair, when we've seen a modular in the past two years, there was at least 1 set with figures "teasing" it. The sanctum had the Gargantos Showdown and the Bugle had all of those spidey sets. While they probably still would've released, the less exclusive fig count the more figs (especially when you consider additional leg printing)

I could see a November / Late Summer Avengers tower modular and have it include all the 2012 avengers from January, and Hawkeye, Hulk, chitari, nick fury, maria hill, pepper, maybe some others.

You also have to think sets are planned 1-2 years in advance, so we likely won't see the repercussions from BP bust and Hulkbuster this year, which means another $500 set isn't completely off the table

I really hope the guardians set gives groot printed elongated legs. I put the dark tan ones from the avatar set on groot and he looks 100% better.