Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

11 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

m so mad that leggo made one of the minifigures with the biggest potential and made him an ok comic con minifig

Ugh yeah, glad they seemed to have stopped that. They did it so many times with DC figs I wanted.

11 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

yeah it was the black pink and teal triangular ship that drax and mantis used, it has a cool design, but i think that its to complex to do for $100

Oh Yeah the huge open area at the back makes it too complex to do it system scale with any decent space for figs.

Edited by Agent Kallus

1 minute ago, Agent Kallus said:

Ugh yeah, glad they seemed to have stopped that. They did it so many times with DC figs I wanted.

it would be so funny if lego re released comic con figs in retail sets, and they might have to, with secret wars giving us symbiote spiderman (in the comics originaly and rumored in the movies 

7 minutes ago, hvader said:

No High Evolutionary in the Funko wave…

Are we not gonna get him in the sets?? :distressed:

I don't think you need to worry just yet. We are getting 3 sets. If it was just the one... But it's not.

12 minutes ago, hvader said:

Funko has been doing multiple waves for MCU movies and shows for a few years now, the first of which usually being announcement/non-spoiler waves. It must just be dirt cheap to make funko pops now. We're definitely getting High Evolutionary.

There was already a big discussion about the approx. 10 figs we'll get in the Guardians sets, and almost surely someone is getting left out. I'd put my money on it being Adam Warlock and Kraglin (the former is set to appear in the MCU onwards).

47 minutes ago, hvader said:

That's what you're worried about?? WHY IS GAMORA... not in the Funko wave too?

Nahh between 3 sets, theres zero chance we don't get the main villain... though as I wrote that I realise Vol 2 didn't have the main villain, though that was kinda a spoiler, but we still had Taserface and Ayesha... But I'm not worried at all, he'll show up

These Funkos have me a little more confident that at least either Kraglin or Cosmo will pop up in a set, if they're included in wave 1 over Gamora

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

It must just be dirt cheap to make funko pops now.

Without a question, given the sheer amount released every year and the speed with which they do so :grin:

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Since when are Funko Pops an indicator for minifigs? 

2 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

just trust me bro 

Can confirm. This guy's dad works at nintendo.

Honestly right now I don't care about the guardians sets as much, since I feel like with 3 sets we can safely assume the main team + warlock and evolutionary. I just want to know what the quantumania set is.

3 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

it would be so funny if lego re released comic con figs in retail sets, and they might have to, with secret wars giving us symbiote spiderman (in the comics originaly and rumored in the movies 

If we’re counting MCU (which it seems like we are since you mentioned Secret Wars), we also got Sam Wilson Cap and we might get Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man if they do more NWH sets. I imagine we have to eventually get another Symbiote Spider-Man in some form. On the DC side, we eventually got new versions of Green Lantern, Shazam, and Green Arrow after they debuted as SDCC exclusives.

Now hopefully we get Deadpool 3 sets with Deadpool Duck and Sheriff Deadpool. 

Some Infinity Saga GOTG sets would be a nice idea: Ego and the Collector make me so angry :-P However I don't think Lego will skip the bad guy this time, since the High Evolutionary has been revealed long ago… Kraglin is absolutely useless.  Gunn has to make his brother work, but we can do without it

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Wow this guy is the prime definition of making a mountain out of an ant hill, it's clear he has no clue how product development works.

The guy cares more about meaningless branding than the actual quality of the sets themselves... these people need to touch grass.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

1 hour ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Wow this guy is the prime definition of making a mountain out of an ant hill, it's clear he has no clue how product development works.

The guy cares more about meaningless branding than the actual quality of the sets themselves... these people need to touch grass.

i love his videos but good god are you right, not everything needs to be about packaging or mistakes, reminds me of starwars fans complaining about inacurate packaging instead of the actual model, plus i havent seen one toy company even start using the multiverse saga packaging 

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Some Infinity Saga GOTG sets would be a nice idea: Ego and the Collector make me so angry :-P However I don't think Lego will skip the bad guy this time, since the High Evolutionary has been revealed long ago… Kraglin is absolutely useless.  Gunn has to make his brother work, but we can do without it

i remember being furios that the collector only came as a comic con figure, and we didnt even get ego at all

he isint even that hard of a charecter to replicate, all you need it a new face and torso, i would love printed legs but, at this point it feels like a myth :roflmao:

4 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I'm no Gunn fan (I did NOT like TSS or Peacemaker), but I've got nothing against Kraglin as a side character. He's decently funny.

Ego's understandable because they tried to hide that he was the villain, but now that we're doing infinity saga sets, he should definately be in one.

1 hour ago, living_off_lego said:

he isint even that hard of a charecter to replicate, all you need it a new face and torso, i would love printed legs but, at this point it feels like a myth :roflmao:

Just like the idea of multiple system sets a year for DC

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm no Gunn fan (I did NOT like TSS or Peacemaker), but I've got nothing against Kraglin as a side character. He's decently funny.

Ego's understandable because they tried to hide that he was the villain, but now that we're doing infinity saga sets, he should definately be in one.

Just like the idea of multiple system sets a year for DC

add a d2c avengers tower and youve got yourself a fantasy novel

7 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

I havent seen one toy company even start using the multiverse saga packaging 

I haven't even seen Marvel call the new movies The Multiverse Saga, for what it's worth.

I thought it was a term fans coined.

(Might be extremely wrong, I havent closely followed the MCU for a few years)

7 hours ago, living_off_lego said:

plus i havent seen one toy company even start using the multiverse saga packaging

Of course not, because a label like that would only be used in hindsight. For new releases, the movie/show’s respective label makes so much more sense. I can only see them starting to use that branding once the saga is over :laugh:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Of course not, because a label like that would only be used in hindsight. For new releases, the movie/show’s respective label makes so much more sense. I can only see them starting to use that branding once the saga is over :laugh:

Out of the 18 projects released in the last 2 years covering Phase 4, only 5 of those have covered the Multiverse. As far as I remember, the Infinity Saga label only appeared around the end of Phase 3, when it was evidently clear that Thanos and the Infinity Stones were what all the films were leading up to. So you're right, the Multiverse Saga would most likely appear on merchandising after it's conclusion, or just before the end of the saga.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

im pretty sure what happend was that someone at marvel saw the infinity saga branding and then told kevin feigie to make another one up for consistency, and then "revealed" it at comic con either last year or this year

Why do people care about "Infinity Saga" being on the box? We really just want legacy sets, why is this such a hang up for lego fans? This isn't a unique conversation to EB.

26 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Why do people care about "Infinity Saga" being on the box? We really just want legacy sets, why is this such a hang up for lego fans? This isn't a unique conversation to EB.

my point exactly, its not worth fighting for if at the end of the day the box is either going in the recycling or in a storage unit never to be seen again.

us even getting wanda from mom in a keychain, not even an actual building set, is so good for collectors that dont want to pay the price for the set/fig, 

when has lego ever not just done what they want when it comes to marking comic and original stuff as from the mcu,  and vice versa? spider thing in the nwh set, all of endgame, etc, and the obviously based on the movies thanos fig in the mech, its so common and not even that big of a deal, hell i bet if we get the rocket racoon minifig in a keychain form itll be marked as infinity saga when its based off of a comic book cover

anyways mini rant over, its not a big deal, appreciate where getting it in the first place 

3 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

my point exactly, its not worth fighting for if at the end of the day the box is either going in the recycling or in a storage unit never to be seen again.

us even getting wanda from mom in a keychain, not even an actual building set, is so good for collectors that dont want to pay the price for the set/fig, 

when has lego ever not just done what they want when it comes to marking comic and original stuff as from the mcu,  and vice versa? spider thing in the nwh set, all of endgame, etc, and the obviously based on the movies thanos fig in the mech, its so common and not even that big of a deal, hell i bet if we get the rocket racoon minifig in a keychain form itll be marked as infinity saga when its based off of a comic book cover

anyways mini rant over, its not a big deal, appreciate where getting it in the first place 

Facts. Although some people are odd and keep all their boxes. Idk how you do that, I’d have to rent a storage unit out

8 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

Facts. Although some people are odd and keep all their boxes. Idk how you do that, I’d have to rent a storage unit out

I have a separate room just for all the boxes :blush:

11 minutes ago, Nerdynews said:

I regret not keeping all my mcu boxes