Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just like I doubt most Bugle purchasers were massive fans of the concept of the daily bugle workplace

Their loss, where else am I supposed to put my figure of fan favourite Ron Barney otherwise?

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The majority of people who saw, say, the Avengers films or No Way Home haven't seen every movie leading up to it. Tons of people still love the movie because most people don't treat it as a giant TV show, most people treat the movies as movies.

I guess so? I got the opposite impression, since the newest Marvel movie is always extremely present on public conscience, but I might be wrong.

Like I'm not saying it wouldn't sell at all, but would certainly be a choice.

4 hours ago, Atrius Kain said:

I wonder, could we finally get X Men sets this year? I really hope we do, it is my favorite team...

I don't see it happening 'till 2025 at the earliest.

3 hours ago, squiz18 said:

There's no reason they couldn't though. Especially if the figures are part of the picture they are portraying

If you add minifigures it pretty much becomes a diorama instead, no?

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay, but how do you know if this particular UCS set was successful because of kids? 

UCS sets are targeted to adults, and they are always successful, that's why we get at least two of them every year. Why do you assume the Death Star is an exception?

And yeah, like @BrickBob Studpants said, there's nothing more iconic than the Death Star (where size is a relevant factor), it's the most "Star Wars" Star Wars set. It's not just the minifigures, but the thought of having THE Death Star as a child is something marvellous. 

Why would a kid want a 200€ Statue of Liberty? The minifigures are not enough to make most children crave a 200€ set.

Um, because it's a playset, because every kid I knew as a kid strived after that set, and it's pretty much been ingrained in pop culture as being "the" SW set. It's in the spider man films. I read (Non lego or star wars) books as a kid that talked about the lego death star. 

Also, you're really gonna act like the UCS death star is a standard UCS set?

A kid would TOTALLY want a $200 statue of liberty battle set. The minifigs are DEFINATELY enough. You know the amount of grown adults that want the bugle for DD and punisher, or the AT-TE for the clones? You really don't think kids want sets for figs too?

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Their loss, where else am I supposed to put my figure of fan favourite Ron Barney otherwise?

This is blatant Bernie the Cab Driver erasure.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I guess so? I got the opposite impression, since the newest Marvel movie is always extremely present on public conscience, but I might be wrong.

Like I'm not saying it wouldn't sell at all, but would certainly be a choice.

I don't see it happening 'till 2025 at the earliest.

I mean yeah, because it's marketing and coming out soon. But people knowing about the new marvel movie coming doesn't discount love for the big films like Endgame or NWH. I think if anything people would be more likely to buy a set off a film they loved rather than one that's not out yet. (To the extent that it's a new set. Obviously someone might prefer a Mando S3 set to a fifteenth x-wing, and if we were on our 7th Liberty Parlance I would assume it wouldn't do as well as the first.)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 1/7/2023 at 6:50 PM, wesker said:

I think a common mistake many people make is assuming every Marvel/DC location that becomes a D2C set automatically HAS to be a modular building. Modulars only work for locations that are part of a larger city block. For more secluded locations you're better off going with a stand alone display piece like the Home Alone House, Mos Eisley Cantina and Disney Castle.

My post earlier was referring to potential marvel modulars, not d2c sets in general

Here’s to hoping that we see the Quantumania set along with the trailer tomorrow…

Ok that trailer is INCREDIBLE. MODOK seems too small to be the main build, maybe we’ll get the Kang Army ship as the build and MODOK as side-build?

10 minutes ago, hvader said:

MODOK seems too small to be the main build, maybe we’ll get the Kang Army ship as the build and MODOK as side-build?

76205-1.jpg?202109211239

Set is $29.99, same as Gargantos Showdown. I think MODOK will be around that size with the masked appearance and mechanical lower arms that we see in the trailer, I doubt they'll have the ability to show his maskless face. He looks about a similar scale to the Gargantos in set form when we see him floating maskless behind Kang in the trailer. Probably with Kang, Ant-Man and Wasp as the figures for the set.

Maybe throwing in Cassie as a figure also, but realistically it'll probably just be three figures and MODOK - remember inflation and rising prices are a factor also. Curious how they'll do Kang though if they attempted the masked version.

Edited by Scarilian

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Curious how they'll do Kang though if they attempted the masked version.

Really hope the build is MODOK. I hope Kang has a double-sided face where one side is unmasked and the other is masked, and they include a helmet piece and a hair piece

Tbh I'm more excited for the lego sets than the actual movie. Definitely a wait for Disney+ for me.

I also kinda wish the next Marvel modular is based on Quantum Realm architecture. It'll be more interesting than Avenger's Tower, NWH Statue of Construction/Liberty or another regular building in the MCU.

MODOK doesn’t look big enough to be the main build of the set. Then again, neither did Iron Monger :grin:

Personally, I hope he’s around the same size as the 2020 version with one of those ships being the main build instead :shrug_oh_well:

34 minuti fa, BrickBob Studpants ha detto:

MODOK non sembra abbastanza grande da essere la build principale del set. Poi di nuovo, nemmeno Iron Monger:grin:

Personalmente, spero che abbia circa le stesse dimensioni della versione 2020 con una di quelle navi che è la costruzione principale:shrug_oh_well:

there are two armed mechanical arms, Lego can do anything with them

40 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

MODOK doesn’t look big enough to be the main build of the set. Then again, neither did Iron Monger :grin:

Personally, I hope he’s around the same size as the 2020 version with one of those ships being the main build instead :shrug_oh_well:

Modok looks too awesome for a small build with a cheap sticker face again. Even Gargantos size Modok might be too small imo... make him near helmet size with a clear technic stand. 

MODOK in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

12 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Modok looks too awesome for a small build with a cheap sticker face again.

Neither of the two previous versions had a stickered face :tongue: The only stickers they used on the 2020 one were for his forehead gem laser thing and a vital sign (?) on his chest

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Neither of the two previous versions had a stickered face :tongue: The only stickers they used on the 2020 one were for his forehead gem laser thing and a vital sign (?) on his chest

Oops I never owned the Helicarrier so it looked like a sticker to me lol. For me Modok was the coolest part of the trailer and really like his new design. I would honestly be hyped for a UCS Modok... but I doubt Lego would take the risk after the Black Panther bust.

My ideal Modok set would be around the size of the Star Wars helmets/Infinity Gauntlets. Instead of the black brick built stands, make it more basic with clear technic pieces and use the parts to give him detailed arms.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

Honestly I'd most like a build like the helicarrier MODOK, but with a little more MCU-based colors and look. Maybe an extra piece for the mask to cover a similar face "round panel" piece?

This mech-sized MODOK talk is blasphemy! Minifig scale is the way!

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Curious how they'll do Kang though if they attempted the masked version.

My assumption is a double sided face, similar to Iron Man / Tony Stark. One side is maskless, other side has printed blue area. I hope they included two heads tho

Edit: wish -> hope

Edited by TheJackBricks

2 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Even Gargantos size Modok might be too small imo... make him near helmet size with a clear technic stand. 

MODOK in Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

modok-ant-man-3.png?auto=webp&width=1220

MODOK is in the back left of this shot, his height is about the same as a regular minifig but he's floating via butt propulsion :p

1000x800p.jpg?1661193639.7274382

My expectation would be something like this with a piece to cover the face for a 'masked' version and featuring two larger brick-built grabber arms and a clear stand so he can be 'hovering'. Notably the version here includes 125 pieces, with the modifications I could see it going up to around 170 pieces.

The Gargantos set included 264 pieces and 3 figures so perhaps a small side build OR an additional figure (Cassie) could be included. Though notably if MODOK gets a printed masked and maskless face then that could be used as justification for the set having a low piece count,especially as they'd expect the set to sell anyway due to Kang and being presumably the only Ant-Man 3 set - each of them presumably having unique torso, masks, etc...

11 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

when is this quantumania set coming out, next month right?

March was the last info we had :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Scarilian

For me the ideal situation is Kang ship as main build that can be piloted by Kang, then smaller MODOK side-build, but I’m not sure how they’ll fit all that into a $30 set

9 minutes ago, hvader said:

For me the ideal situation is Kang ship as main build that can be piloted by Kang, then smaller MODOK side-build, but I’m not sure how they’ll fit all that into a $30 set

Yup, the $30 set is the issue. Modok's build should be around $10 of it, so to speak, so a Kang Ship would be pretty small. 

I'd be ok with just Modok and some quantum realm terrain with an explode feature or something, or a giant-man smaller than the airport version. Something tells me we'll see kang's fleet again, in a film that'll get more sets...

The crowd pleaser IMO would be a battle pack-

The figs people really want are Kang, Cassie. and a "good" Wasp fig, but we're going to get another Antman whether we like it or not. 4 figs and a small MODOK build, and then whatever that seat thing with claws that he has, would be perfect.

This set was $30, and I know lego has increased prices, but this is great execution on a bad idea and could work for Quantumania if the builds are MODOK instead: https://brickset.com/sets/76176-1/Escape-from-The-Ten-Rings

76176-1.jpg?202101121054