Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Lego Marvel Superheroes 2023 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego Marvel Superhero discussion throughout 2023; sets, rumors, thoughts, and discussion. 

Enjoy! 

2023 rumors:

FEBRUARY 2023 (2 Key chains and a polybag):

MARCH 2023 (Total 3)

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

May 2023 (Total 2):

JUNE 2023 (Total 3):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 5):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 5):

Rumored/Other sets:

• X-Men Mansion, prototype leaked during a survey by Lego. Maybe a 2024 release

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new sets

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Art set
31209 The Incredible Spider-Man | 2099 pieces

I somehow misread this as us getting an Art set of Spider-Man 2099, which certainly would've been an interesting tie-in for Spiderverse. I'm hoping he shows up in a set at some point in 2023 since I missed the original version.

46 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I somehow misread this as us getting an Art set of Spider-Man 2099, which certainly would've been an interesting tie-in for Spiderverse. I'm hoping he shows up in a set at some point in 2023 since I missed the original version.

oh same lol

8 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Yeah I get that for individual boxes but I meant these 6 pack of figure boxes:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-minifigures-series-24-6-pack-66733

Most things I've read seem to say you don't get duplicates within the 6.im assuming they'll do these boxes again with the marvel series.

I'm gonna be real with you chief I completely forgot these existed.

4 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

I cant believe with all these guesses posted that one vital D+ show character has not been mentioned once and is guaranteed to be in a CMF series as its likely he wont appear in any future MCU shows/films. All the Marvel fans want a Kevin Bacon figure!!!

Jokes aside, I maintain that the only reason he wasn't in the Holiday Special calendar is because they couldn't get the likeness rights.

Well we're only 5 replies in, and I already want to go off topic and discuss the new City Stuntz sets

I'm not the first or only person to have made this observation, but that green Firefly/Ant Man helmet in 60359 would be INCREDIBLE for Green Goblin customs. I'm also gonna use those torso & legs with the new CMF dinosaur head to make Reptil

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

If the mosaic was actually for Spidey 2099, I would buy that instantly. Also wouldn't say no if they made his mask into one of those statues, as long as it's normally priced and not $250

I agree with you too, I hope he makes a return in some loose tie in comic book sets in the year (or obviously better yet, actual tie in sets, but I'm sure we would've heard about them already if they were happening)

43 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I'm not the first or only person to have made this observation, but that green Firefly/Ant Man helmet in 60359 would be INCREDIBLE for Green Goblin customs

Would love this so much

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm gonna be real with you chief I completely forgot these existed

Are they exclusive to the website? I have never seen them at the store, and I do spend a lot of time there

Do we know for sure that CMF Series 2 will be based on D+ series? I mean, it makes sense with Series 1 being based on D+ but man, it'd be so cool to get some Marvel minifigs based on the comics. DC's CMF was so damn good because of the variety from classic to modern comics.

I still can't believe we have a Mister Miracle minifig. So rad.

It'd be cool to get classic Yondu with the pointed ears, mohawk and bow. They really should just base their minifigs on the cool minifigs from the Lego Marvel Super Heroes games.

images

Edited by Moon_Knight

11 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Do we know for sure that CMF Series 2 will be based on D+ series? I mean, it makes sense with Series 1 being based on D+ but man, it'd be so cool to get some Marvel minifigs based on the comics. DC's CMF was so damn good because of the variety from classic to modern comics.

We don't. 

It's a logical assumption tho, and definitely the most likely development.

I'd like it so much more if it wasn't for Disney+ projects. Couldn't care less about all of those (Loki and Spider-Man: Freshman Year being the only ones I'm genuinely excited for going forward).

I'm mainly looking forward to the CMF for the new character potentials. With the shows we're missing (Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Hawkeye) and the upcoming shows (Secret Invasion, Iron Heart, Loki probably) We could get figures from each one of those and then still have 5 slots open. Like I could see:

1. Moon Knight
2. Ms Marvel
3. She-Hulk
4. Daredevil
5. Kate Bishop
6. Clint Barton
7. Nick Fury
8. (insert Secret Invasion character here)
9. Iron Heart
10. Owen Wilson
11. Scarlet Scarab
12. The Hood (?)

That would mean at least like 9 / 10 new characters, which is quite exciting.

31 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

1. Moon Knight
2. Ms Marvel
3. She-Hulk
4. Daredevil
5. Kate Bishop
6. Clint Barton
7. Nick Fury
9. Iron Heart
10. Owen Wilson
11. Scarlet Scarab
12. The Hood (?)

Technically 6 new characters from that list (depending how you define "new" e.g. MCU variants or any variant of figure). Highlighted ones that have a lego minifigure already.

My guesses. 

1. Hawkeye
2. Kate Bishop
3. Moon Knight
4. Mr. Knight
5. Ms. Marvel
6. She-Hulk
7. Nick Fury
8. Talos
9. Mobius
10. Ironheart
11. [What If...?]
12. [What If...?]

Mine: 

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Since Agatha: CoC and Echo are likely to be delayed, and I can see LEGO making sets for Ironheart (because Iron Man) and X-Men '97 (a Quinjet-style Blackbird would be great!), that leaves us with Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Werewolf by NightSecret Invasion, Loki Season 2, and What If. . . ? for this series. Considering that What If. . . ? is delayed (though I am not sure for how long), Kamala will be appearing in The Marvels, and Werewolf by Night is less appealing to/appropriate for children (being horror-focused), we can narrow things down even more. I expect something like: 

1.) Clint 
2.) Kate 
3.) Moon Knight 
4.) Mr. Knight 
5.) She-Hulk 
6.) Daredevil (red/yellow suit) 
7.) Nick Fury (Secret Invasion
8) Mobius 
9.) Ravonna 
10.) SI Character 1
11.) SI Character 2 or Kang Variant (Loki Season 2) 
12.) Scarlet Scarab or Ms. Marvel (or both, and we only get one Secret Invasion character aside from Fury) 

I also think that we will not get Echo or Kingpin in this series (despite their appearing in Hawkeye), since they will also be appearing in Echo (and probably Daredevil: Born Again); we can get them in Series 3. 

Will be trying to keep track of things releasing this year and will do periodic updates whenever new information is revealed on sets.

Updated List:

JANUARY 2023: (Total 7)

• 76241: Hulk Mech Armor
  • 76242: Thanos Mech Armor
  • 76243: Rocket Mech Armor
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius
  • 76245: Ghost Rider Mech & Bike
  • 76247: The Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet

FEBRUARY 2023 (Just a polybag):

MARCH 2023 (Total 4)

• 10789: Spider-man's Car and Doc Ock ($9.99, 48 pcs)
  • 10790: Team Spidey at Green Goblin's Lighthouse ($34.99, 149 pcs)
  • 10791: Team Spidey's Mobile Headquarters ($49.99, 187 pcs)
  • 76256: $29.99 ('Ant-Man 3') March

APRIL 2023 (Total 4):

• 76251: $79.99 (Helmet?)
  • 76253: 'Headquarters' (GotG themed) ($9.99, 67 pcs)
  • 76254: 'Spaceship' (GotG themed) ($34.99, 330 pcs)
  • 76255: (GotG themed) ($99.99, 1108 pcs) 

May 2023 (Total 1):

• 76232: $89.99 (Captain Marvel 2)

JUNE 2023 (Total 4 and a polybag):

AUGUST 2023 (Total 8):

SEPTEMBER 2023 (Total 1 & CMF Series)

UNKNOWN 2023 (Total 5):

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community. 2HY 2023 at the earliest. 

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • 76221 is Batmobile Flash Tracking, $44.99, releasing May 1st
  • 76257, 76258, 76259 have same box size, may be related wave?
On 12/30/2022 at 4:12 AM, Ransom Fern said:

It's in progress, but manage your expectations. I have given up on many much less intimidating projects.

Can understand your potential frustrations with the set, I've been attempting a rework but the thing is cursed, a nightmare of strange design choices and problems to repair. I've already lost a piece due to a hardlock. My main focus so far has been trying to improve stability of the legs and lower body connections as an insane amount of strain is put on a few pieces.

52 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Will be trying to keep track of things releasing this year and will do periodic updates whenever new information is revealed on sets..

Thanks for doing this, really apreciate it! 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

My guesses. 

1. Hawkeye
2. Kate Bishop
3. Moon Knight
4. Mr. Knight
5. Ms. Marvel
6. She-Hulk
7. Nick Fury
8. Talos
9. Mobius
10. Ironheart
11. [What If...?]
12. [What If...?]

That’s a really good list. I would be very happy if these are the figures we end up getting

4 hours ago, kevkipo said:

I'm mainly looking forward to the CMF for the new character potentials. With the shows we're missing (Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Hawkeye) and the upcoming shows (Secret Invasion, Iron Heart, Loki probably) We could get figures from each one of those and then still have 5 slots open. Like I could see:

1. Moon Knight
2. Ms Marvel
3. She-Hulk
4. Daredevil
5. Kate Bishop
6. Clint Barton
7. Nick Fury
9. Iron Heart
10. Owen Wilson
11. Scarlet Scarab
12. The Hood (?)

Getting The Hood would be the awesome, especially considering that the previous cmf didnt include any of the main villains from the shows

If Ironheart comes out after September it is very unlikely that it will be included in the cmf, especially if Riri gets the best armor in the last episode as usual.  For villains I would lower my hopes..

Guess:

- Clint Barton

- Kate Bishop w/ Pizza dog

- Echo (since her show has been delayed, having her Hawkeye design seems like the best shot at getting her)

- Moon Knight

- Mr. Knight

- Ms. Marvel

- She-Hulk

- Nick Fury (should probably be the only human from Secret Invasion; a show about Skrulls should include Skrulls)

- Talos (or Gravik; at least one Skrull)

- Werewolf by Night

- Elsa Bloodstone

- Mobius (unsure if they’d include him w/o Loki)

I doubt they’ll revisit shows from the first series, and I’m hoping Lego separates the live action shows from the animated projects. Lego already made the Sakaarian Hulkbuster, and I’m sure season 2 will have more mechs to base a set off of.

I’m also unsure if Ironheart will be included. Depends on when her show premieres, I imagine.

Honorable Mentions: Scarlet Scarab, Red Dagger, Titania, Daredevil, Abomination (if the dimensions of the new containers can start fitting big-figs), 1602 Avenger

If Ironheart & Agatha are included, I could see the Hood and Agatha. Not much beyond those two

Edited by Buckethead

Well first and foremost, happy new year everyone

My personal picks for a CMF (which I just so happened to be thinking about 2/3 days before the confirmation);

1. Hawkeye 

2. Kate Bishop & Lucky

3. Moon Knight AND Mr Knight (the idea whilst a stretch, two torsos and legs, one singular Mr Knight headpiece that could be used under a hood for Moon Knight)

4. Scarlet Scarab

5. Ms Marvel

6. She Hulk

7. Odin (What If S2)

8. TBD What If S2 

9. TBD What If S2

10. TBD What If S2

11. Nick Fury

12. Talos or additional Skrull character

Some justification; between Hawkeye, Moon Knight and Ms Marvel, there aren't many significantly costumed characters that need covering. The only other significant, non big fig related character She Hulk gave us was Daredevil, who could maybe earn a spot, but he has his show next year to guarantee a future spot

Ironheart's release date looks to be later in the year, so I left her show out. And I don't know what to expect from Loki (other than Kang, who ofc will show up in sets anyway). Secret Invasion initially looks so grounded, with no suited superheroes (we know of Rhodey, but not his armour) or villains, but the inclusion of a Skrull would be great for army building

And lastly What If. We already have a set on one of the episodes, so that's 8 more to cover. One episode is to feature Odin, who as a missing figure from the theme, would be a welcome addition. I don't know what exactly the other episodes will give us yet, so I left a few slots open for opportunity, but also as it's the only D+ show to get sets, I'd hope some of the CMF slots can be allocated to shows that won't get any sets

It’s still a shame to me how CMFs are only 12 figures now, especially for liscened themes. Can someone please remind me why they did that?

3 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

It’s still a shame to me how CMFs are only 12 figures now, especially for liscened themes. Can someone please remind me why they did that?

Because... reasons.

No one really knows. It makes sense for their non-licensed series, as with over 20 series, the choices may not be interesting enough to guarantee more minifigures.

No idea why it's the standard now for licensed series too tho. It leaves a lot of series uncomplete, like the first Marvel one, which could've used those four additional minifigs.

How many Captain America variants do you think we'll get this time? Do you think they'll stick to only 4? 

9 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

3. Moon Knight AND Mr Knight (the idea whilst a stretch, two torsos and legs, one singular Mr Knight headpiece that could be used under a hood for Moon Knight)

I really like this idea especially as a way to have a 13th character as people would try to get two of this.

I guess if this happened then it would be one pair of plain white legs, two torsos, two heads, hood (new design?) and a cape. Would there be any other accessories? Maybe a couple of lightsaber blades for weapons.

If they went this approach, then a second Moon Knight figure that no one seems to have mentioned is Konshu could be included

Edited by upliftingbricks

37 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

I really like this idea especially as a way to have a 13th character as people would try to get two of this.

I guess if this happened then it would be one pair of plain white legs, two torsos, two heads, hood (new design?) and a cape. Would there be any other accessories? Maybe a couple of lightsaber blades for weapons.

If they went this approach, then a second Moon Knight figure that no one seems to have mentioned is Konshu could be included

That would be awesome.  It would certainly be fitting for the character.

Getting multiple torsos isn't unprecedented either. There were 3 figures with 2 torsos each in the ninjago cmf 

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-collectable-minifigures/subtheme-The-LEGO-Ninjago-Movie

And this guy came with a  lego magazine

https://brickset.com/sets/111901-1/Garmadon

Getting konshu would be great as well. 

Edited by squiz18

No way the’re going to include what boils down to two minifigs in one box :tongue: Including two heads is the furthest they would go. I highly doubt we’d ever get extra torsos and/or legs in a CMF

My expectations:

1. Hawkeye
  2. Kate with Lucky
  3. Moon Knight
  4. Konshu
  5. Ms Marvel
  6. Red Dagger
  7. She-Hulk
  8. Daredevil
  9. Nick Fury
  10. Talos
  11. Loki S2 main outfit