Sign in to follow this  
Yperio_Bricks

[ESL - FB] A Merchant's Office

After this moc is sitting untouched on my desk for quite some weeks now, i had to finally post it. Like i wrote on Discord, i feel like i am stuck and can not add or change something, so i want to post it and go on. I am still very happy how everything turned out! After all this is my first moc that is not Star Wars :pir_laugh2: I still have problems with photography. The large colored cardboards i bought are not large enough (So i have to edit the background in PS) and i have only a potato camera. I have to change that next year!

Using my free newbie license i'd like to license this build as a small commercial property in the settlement of Punto Sur.

After arriving in Punto Sur on the island of Maldria, Hyperion acquired a rather new building that should be used as an trade office.
The people of Punto Sur tell different stories of how the 1 emerged on the house's facade. Some people say that a tropical storm hit the region and lightning struck the house, leaving a yellow burn mark. Others say that the stonemason's son left a deep scratch in the fine marble. Then there is the story of a drunken painter who forgot which century it was when he wanted to decorate the house with the yellow 622.
Either way, Hyperion is
happy with his new office and ready for the adventures that lie ahead!

20221212_144854k2bfuf.jpg

20221212_144919kljck9.jpg

20221212_145001kzbe6j.jpg

Very nice classic pirate touch for this building !

The BoBS year is currently 622 :wink: but the 1622 is very nicely done ! And the story is fair to explain !

May I suggest to Hyperion to let some ivy cover the yellow 1, it will solve the matter and give some green touch to the house.

This fleshy fig is ugly :angry:.

This is a nice merchant's office. I like the white walls and arches in the foreground and behind them the yellow walls with the windows.

I like the fleshy fig. :pir-classic: 

A lovely building, the yellow and nougat complement each other very well and I approve the artist's choice to write 1622 just for looks even though the year is 622 :pir-laugh:

On 12/30/2022 at 3:47 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Very nice classic pirate touch for this building !

The BoBS year is currently 622 :wink: but the 1622 is very nicely done ! And the story is fair to explain !

May I suggest to Hyperion to let some ivy cover the yellow 1, it will solve the matter and give some green touch to the house.

Thank you! I know the year was 622 but i just couldn't do it :pir-grin: But, i mean, i didn't do anything. You have to ask the people of Punto Sur if you want to know the truth :wink:

Ivy i can do maybe in 2 years when i have enough parts :laugh: You see all my "good" vegetation and flower parts in this build.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:44 PM, NOD said:

This is a nice merchant's office. I like the white walls and arches in the foreground and behind them the yellow walls with the windows.

I like the fleshy fig. :pir-classic: 

Many thanks!

On 12/30/2022 at 10:49 PM, Fraunces said:

not bad at all! Love the classic style. 

Thank you!

On 12/31/2022 at 3:30 AM, Kai NRG said:

A lovely building, the yellow and nougat complement each other very well and I approve the artist's choice to write 1622 just for looks even though the year is 622 :pir-laugh:

Thanks! :pir-huzzah2:

20 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

A lovely little build. Reminds me of the opening scene of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for some reason...

Thank you! It's been a very long time since i saw the movie and i don't remember anything, but next time it is on TV, you can count on me :pir_laugh2:

Lovely job! I like the ground texture a lot, and like I mentioned on Discord the upsidedown curved arch slopes do a great job framing the yellow sections (which pop!)

Excellent merchant office, and it fits in well in Punto Sur! Great use of the the classic white-yellow-red color scheme with updated esthetics. And with a new office, the vines haven't had time to grow much yet. :wink: the balcony and recessed window areas are nice touches. The only thing it really lacks for me is minifigs to add some activity. But a great addition to Punto Sur! :thumbup:

22 hours ago, evancelt said:

Lovely job! I like the ground texture a lot, and like I mentioned on Discord the upsidedown curved arch slopes do a great job framing the yellow sections (which pop!)

Thank you very much!

15 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent merchant office, and it fits in well in Punto Sur! Great use of the the classic white-yellow-red color scheme with updated esthetics. And with a new office, the vines haven't had time to grow much yet. :wink: the balcony and recessed window areas are nice touches. The only thing it really lacks for me is minifigs to add some activity. But a great addition to Punto Sur! :thumbup:

Many thanks!

I have basically no pirate or imperial minifigures yet :pir-grin: Luckily i could use Ron's torso from a Harry Potter advent calender for Hyperion. I have also two HP figures that i can use for accountants or office workers. At PaB i bought five of the green torsos from Boutique Hotel that i can use as basic soldiers. That's it. I know Bricklink and things like that but don't want to use it.

I hope for Pirates of the Caribbean 6. Maybe in three years... :pir-oh: Fingers crossed :pir_laugh2:

10 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I have basically no pirate or imperial minifigures yet :pir-grin:

I bet some of our German BOBS members could hook you up! @Darnok @Brickwolf

Nah, i'm not in a hurry. If it takes me some years to get some nice pirate minifigures, it's okay. Basically i want to go into a shop and buy what i need and if that is not possible, i loose enough interest so i don't care about buying single minifigs online at bricklink and stuff like that :pir_laugh2:

On 1/4/2023 at 12:27 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Nicely done! I'm a big fan of masonry bricks, especially the white ones! 

Thank you! I like masonry bricks too but i try to use not too many of them. I also use (and ran out of :pir_laugh2:) white 1x2 tiles, which i use to create some texture accompanying the masonry bricks.