SirNadroj

NEW Official Pirate Minifigure Pictures?

Indeed. Now does this mean it means anything or not? :pir_wacko:

Well, it means that out of the torsos in that case, every one of them has been officially released, or is known to be coming, except 2, the pirate and the farmer overalls next to him. I don't recognise the harbour one in front of him, but I assume it's from a set I just don't have.

That has to mean something, either an official line or one in the works. This display is far too new to be anything vastly outdated.

But are they official or customs? Because that jester has a totally wrong head and headpiece, at least according to the one shown in the Advent Calendar. And there are some really old torsos (like the one with the surf board) mixed in with ones I've never seen before.

The paradisa/surfboard figure is used periodically, including in a recent blue bucket. It's a nice, generic male figure usually.

Mixed parts are no issue, they're real parts arranged in interesting combinations. That said, I think we're looking at a real printed torso, at the very least. If it will ever be released or not is the question, but almost everything else in there has.

Some of the new hair designs are nice too, and not really much of a jump to picture being real.

I believed these parts are offical, and by looking at the pictures mentioned. I am very sure it is genuine. For now, let's wait what TLG has in store for us. This is a good sign!

Thanks for the pictures! :pir-blush:

Edited by WhiteFang

reply to mister phes: sure thing next time i go (like 2 weeks!) there i get alot of pictures of the cases!

mko away :devil:

But are they official or customs? Because that jester has a totally wrong head and headpiece, at least according to the one shown in the Advent Calendar. And there are some really old torsos (like the one with the surf board) mixed in with ones I've never seen before.

I don't know about you guys, but this picture makes me even more confused. At least now we know SirNadroj isn't celebrating April Fool's Day too late. :wink:

Erm, the Jester has the right head but has Doctor *Disco* Inferno's headpiece. :pir-wink:

Here's the newer pic:

7979.jpg

And over on the righthand side, I see an old guy with brushed back hair. Could that mean Dooku? :pir-look:

I'm the first wanting the Pirates Lego Theme back so thinking about that I got this conclusion: in that image you see some new MF stuff, it's true, and specially some kind of an exciting XVII century marine which have generated all this large discussion.

Nevertheless, looking at the rest of the Mini-Figures you can see there's nothing new on them, they're just combinations of already seen MFs (ex: the fool with the fire hair, or the king with a different body and face...) That's why the marine looks like strange in the middle of the rest and looks like fake or custom BUT notice that it would be the only custom, so... who knows? Maybe TLC would give us a nice surprise the next year... :pir-look:

I really hope so! :pir_yoda:

2623039219_cd3d307a42_o.jpg

That pretty much ends that speculation.

Yay, great find! :pir-classic::pir-laugh:

And over on the righthand side, I see an old guy with brushed back hair. Could that mean Dooku? :pir-look:

It's very possible, I know he would be in the new Clone Wars film. :pir-wink:

Nevertheless, looking at the rest of the Mini-Figures you can see there's nothing new on them, they're just combinations of already seen MFs (ex: the fool with the fire hair, or the king with a different body and face...) That's why the marine looks like strange in the middle of the rest and looks like fake or custom BUT notice that it would be the only custom, so... who knows?

He's not the only one with a new torso. The other pirate had a torso I've never seen before, and also I think the guy nearby Rascus marine in red and green has a new torso (not sure though). :pir-wink::pir-sweet:

I don't feel as unsure about new pirates as I was, now!

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Whoever said "Ive never seen the harbour fig infront of the soldier"

I have more suspicion this is just random stuff put together. HIS HAT IS A BICORNE!!!!

Now what sailor or harbour worker in the world today wears a bicorne hat? :pir-hmpf_bad:

I said that I'd never seen his torso, it probably is in a set though.

I have more suspicion this is just random stuff put together. HIS HAT IS A BICORNE!!!!

Now what sailor or harbour worker in the world today wears a bicorne hat? :pir-hmpf_bad:

This is random stuff put together, some of it which has not been seen before.

I don't see a modern looking sailor/harbour figure wearign a bicorne!?!? :pir_wacko: I do see one wearing a hairpiece though... :pir-blush:

The way he's arranged he looks like Albert Einstein. :pir-tongue: Yes, the hair does look similar to Dooku's.

Looking at the Crownie to the left, a light bley flared helmet has never been released, has it?

Thanks for the pic, IS :sweet:

Looks like Palpy's hair in LSW to me.

Edited by sir dano

Until I see a cannon I wont believe it! It se4ems strange for a new fig just to turn up on a shop in the US, if the line is for 2010 surely there’d be no production less so no chance of gabbing one and plonking it on the display by accident., which leaves 2009 but we’ve heard nothing and I’d have expected to hear something before now if Lego were making such a move. Wasn’t for example the new castle confirmed much fairly early?

If the line is for 2010 surely there’d be no production less so no chance of gabbing one and plonking it on the display by accident., which leaves 2009 but we’ve heard nothing and I’d have expected to hear something before now if Lego were making such a move.

We don't know much about next years sets at all! TLC would maybe want to try and keep it secret anyway, don't you think? :pir-wink:

That pic looks very good with all the dancing figs. The torsos who are new, are looking very good.

I like the guy with the dark orange Mutt hair. His torso is very nice for a custom civilian in a town/city set.

the new pirate? torso looks also very cool. If Tlc makes a new pirate line with that sort of torsos, I'm very happy about it.

The new grey hair which is maybe for a new version of Count Dooku looks also nice.

It looks a bit like all the minifigs are linedancing (only the fireman does the wrong pass and he doesn't like it :) )

This is random stuff put together, some of it which has not been seen before.

I don't see a modern looking sailor/harbour figure wearign a bicorne!?!? :pir_wacko: I do see one wearing a hairpiece though... :pir-blush:

:blush: Sorry Captain Webb, I just saw the guy with the Bicorne, I thinking about the wrong figure before.

Now I have noticed that the harbour man with the bicorne has a face I've never seen before, and a torso I haven't seen but is probably in a set. :pir-tongue:

These minifgs are obviously mixed up people, but there are new parts among them and it seems the return of pirates may be true! :thumbup:

Naturally, this is huge. At BrickWorld this year, it was stressed by company reps that the focus of TLC in the past few years and with future plans has been to return the company to its core values. A revived Pirate line is perfectly in keep with this philosophy and is honestly something I'm thrilled to see is very, very likely to occur.

As for the figs in this display, they both look great. The soldier captures the classic Imperial Soldier/Guard look beautifully but still has a more modern polish, and what can been seen of the pirate torso looks like it has a high level of detail and personality. TLC has really impressed me with the figs of the new Castle and Agents lines; Pirate sets really have the potential to really turn some heads, both in the builds and figs.

Like many I'm sure, I'm going to be watching for more news on this like a (sea)hawk! :pir-blush:

badger

Oooh, this is promising!

How did I miss this thread? Anyway, the two figs look good especially the Napoleon like figure and I do hope this is a hint at a new pirate line.

Wow this could finally mean that we will be getting a pirates line which would be great. I just hope that TLG makes these future pirate sets (if they do make them :pir-wink: ) in the same fashion as the new castle sets where there are several fractions lots of army building opportunities, and overall good construction of all the sets. Please Lego just don't make anything like Knights Kingdom, or 4 Juniors, and we'll be happy with the /pirate line.

I believe that; that torso was found in the 2007 harbor set as shown here, and his face appears to be that of the upcoming jester in the Castle Advent calendar . I hope we’ll find some more evidence soon that may prove or disprove the rumor of the new pirate line *cough* preliminary set pictures *cough*.

We don't know much about next years sets at all! TLC would maybe want to try and keep it secret anyway, don't you think? :pir-wink:

Of course TLC would be trying to keep it a secret but I’d assume development would have to have been going for at least 6-8 months already it’s just surprising there isn’t a rumour, but then maybe TLC are working on internal security? They’re ending outsourcing next year after all so maybe they've got tighter information control.

Could this figure - circled - have the same torso as the Admiral (printing on back)?

newpirates.jpg

From the same photostream as the larger above image found by IS- clicky

Could this figure - circled - have the same torso as the Admiral (printing on back)?

newpirates.jpg

From the same photostream as the larger above image found by IS- clicky

No - that's exactly the same as the harbour figure standing nearby the admiral. :pir-wink:

I wonder why he is exactly the same when they seem to be a mixup of pieces... Maybe they're not all mixed up, in the case of the two pirate figs. :pir-grin:

where is that?

new pirates? cool! i had none of the original pirate sets (to young) but if they come again, im getting!

though maybe it could be a pirate vs ninjas line? nah just me hoping, TLC would never do something as awsome as that

where is that?

new pirates? cool! i had none of the original pirate sets (to young) but if they come again, im getting!

though maybe it could be a pirate vs ninjas line? nah just me hoping, TLC would never do something as awsome as that

That would be cool, but they wouldn't go for that as I don't think anything like that really happened... Correct me if I'm wrong... :pir-wink:

So what are you saying? I doubt SirNadroj would lie about this, and I can\'t see him having visons either. It is possible that they were removed.

That this is quite possibly untrue. I doubt that they were removed, as he posted it on what was it, the 4th? And I arrived in Arizona and visited the only Chandler Lego Store the day after. (This is actually a visit to see my sister, not the figures.)

Most of the figures in other pictures are just random head, hair, and body combinations. It could possibly be sample figs from a build-a-fig thing. Of course it\'s not, as the Lego Store in Chandler didn\'t have one of those either. I personally scanned any case, no matter how small, and it just wasn\'t there.

I think it\'s too vague... and they could just be customs.

That is where we agree.

Edited by Norrington

SCORE!

I knew that with enough effort, I could find a pic of this online somewhere else.

From the grand opening of the Chandler store, here is another pic of that figure case, including one of the new pirates (and a new style of overalls and some hair and face variations).

2623039219_cd3d307a42_o.jpg

That pretty much ends that speculation.

Looks like some little kid got hold of some figs and decided to play mix n match :pir-sceptic:

Mindless? It isn't just the cutless; the helmet in the Indy set, the captain hat in the skeleton ship... It seems to me that LEGO are re-making old molds and are using early copies in sets.

Oh, I now see your point, good obsevations..

I don't think anyone has commented yet on the fact that at least one (maybe more) of the heads seen here - the Indy one - is currently only available in Light Flesh, but in the picture it's yellow (isn't it?).