SirNadroj

NEW Official Pirate Minifigure Pictures?

I missed the pirates the first time they came around. I am going to make sure to buy as many as possible when the arrive. Should they arrive. :wink:

Here's the thing... Even if there is a new Pirate theme on the horizon they can't tell anyone until the LEGO Group is ready to make an official statement.

So even if the answer is yes, they've still got to say no... It keeps everyone speculating which is rather teasing in a way... A fun way of course...

Mister Phes your statement actually holds less value than, "Maybe, Maybe not".

As usual a thread on EB has been reduced to a collection of conjecture filled murmurs and wishful guesses.

The speculation is actually quite pointless and rather vapid.

:thumbdown:

Mister Phes your statement actually holds less value than, "Maybe, Maybe not".

As usual a thread on EB has been reduced to a collection of conjecture filled murmurs and wishful guesses.

The speculation is actually quite pointless and rather vapid.

:thumbdown:

Well, not only is the idea of Pirates returning highly anticipated, but many think that it WILL come back. When you think about it, numerous evidence has been displayed, such as the cutless in the Indy sets. While many would say that Irina had a cutless in the movie, she actually had a rapier. So either LEGO made a mistake, was being lazy, or was hinting at something. Besides, it feels good to say Pirates will come back (even if it hasn't been confirmed). :pir-wink:

Well, not only is the idea of Pirates returning highly anticipated, but many think that it WILL come back. When you think about it, numerous evidence has been displayed, such as the cutless in the Indy sets. While many would say that Irina had a cutless in the movie, she actually had a rapier. So either LEGO made a mistake, was being lazy, or was hinting at something. Besides, it feels good to say Pirates will come back (even if it hasn't been confirmed). :pir-wink:

i am not particularly sure why you quoted my post,

and what it had to do with what you went on to say.

Yes i also believe that the Lego Pirates theme is set to return,

but as i said, i feel that this thread of rumor and conjecture has

gone on and on for far too long.

OBVIOUSLY the return of the theme is highly anticipated,

and yes it has been said many many times that a large section

of the community believe this to be so, - woo-hoo!!

Does it "feel good" to re-hash "evidence" that is weak at best

(why would TLG make a new part for a one off character in one

or two sets when they have a part already that they feel to be "close enough" ?

Henry Jones Snr has a grey pith helmet as "evidence" of this fact)

Many other people on this forum have cited far more credible evidence than that

to indicate the return of the Pirates theme and fuel the speculation

and collectivist unfounded statements that this thread has become.

"Pirates Will come back!" - now i have said it, i too feel good.

Edited by hamilton

I was merely responding to your,

"The speculation is actually quite pointless and rather vapid."

line. Just so you know, the cutless and the rapier are very different. The rapier, during pirate times, was not at all ideal- when on deck, it might accidentily cut the rigging, and when below deck, there really wasn't enough space to use it. The rapier, which does not have the half-circle handle of the cutless, nor does it share it's curved shape, is very long and strait. The cutless is shorter, with what I described before: a short, slightly curved blade with a half-circle handle.

Just so you know, the cutless and the rapier are very different. The rapier, during pirate times, was not at all ideal- when on deck, it might accidentily cut the rigging, and when below deck, there really wasn't enough space to use it. The rapier, which does not have the half-circle handle of the cutless, nor does it share it's curved shape, is very long and strait. The cutless is shorter, with what I described before: a short, slightly curved blade with a half-circle handle.

Actually i am rather well versed in the manufacture and usage of edged weaponry already, but thanks anyway for your "lesson".

What i said was that TLG would feel the two weapons were close enough in appearance that they would not have to go to the extra expense of producing a new part, especially as it would only be appearing in one or two sets.

Why you felt the need to expound your "knowledge" i have no idea, but congratulations on your research skills.

Though your spelling could do with some work (long and strait?) though as you are in Italy one would assume that English is not your first language,

so i guess it is understandable.

Edited by hamilton

i am not particularly sure why you quoted my post,

and what it had to do with what you went on to say.

Yes i also believe that the Lego Pirates theme is set to return,

but as i said, i feel that this thread of rumor and conjecture has

gone on and on for far too long.

Many other people on this forum have cited far more credible evidence than that

to indicate the return of the Pirates theme and fuel the speculation

and collectivist unfounded statements that this thread has become.

If you don't like this thread, why post here?

I think that people enjoy going over the same evidence over and over, seeing if they missed something or if something else can be gleaned from it.

Half the fun is anticipating the line and discussing it at length.

If you don't like this thread, why post here?

I think that people enjoy going over the same evidence over and over, seeing if they missed something or if something else can be gleaned from it.

Half the fun is anticipating the line and discussing it at length.

Well i find your opinion rather sad.

i like to discuss things that actually exist ie:

the Pirate minifigs that actually started this thread.

The thread began to discuss the pictured minifigs and

has become ruminative drivel all too rapidly.

i dont think anybody finds going over anything again and

again to be enjoyable. Repetition is most tedious,

however enjoyable the original idea or object was in the beginning.

i personally have never found anticipation to be any fun at all, i

am a here and now type of person myself.

And to answer your question, i am posting in this thread because

it has gone on far too long and felt that it needed to be said.

And to answer your question, i am posting in this thread because

it has gone on far too long and felt that it needed to be said.

And your actions would be well justified were you a moderator or administrator.

Please use the report button or PM a staff member should you have similar feelings in the future.

Thanks!

Actually i am rather well versed in the manufacture and usage of edged weaponry already, but thanks anyway for your "lesson".

What i said was that TLG would feel the two weapons were close enough in appearance that they would not have to go to the extra expense of producing a new part, especially as it would only be appearing in one or two sets.

Why you felt the need to expound your "knowledge" i have no idea, but congratulations on your research skills.

Though your spelling could do with some work (long and strait?) though as you are in Italy one would assume that English is not your first language,

so i guess it is understandable.

No, it's not my first language- I'm actually what you would call an English teacher, except I'm an Italian teacher. I don't know English THAT well, even though I think I can say I am pretty good at it, even if it is my fourth language. So, thanks for the insult, but I already know about that :pir-wink:.

No, it's not my first language- I'm actually what you would call an English teacher, except I'm an Italian teacher. I don't know English THAT well, even though I think I can say I am pretty good at it, even if it is my fourth language. So, thanks for the insult, but I already know about that :pir-wink:.

Was not meant as an insult, just pointing out poor spelling.

And i gave you concession as you do not natively speak English.

i dont know what you mean by "but i already know about that" .

You really should give up on proving how intelligent you think you are.

It is a bit sad really - First the mini lecture on edged weaponry followed by

comments like - "I'm an Italian teacher" and "even if it is my fourth language"

indicate to me a minor superiority complex that needs to be addressed.

You wanted an insult, consider that to be yours.

Oh and Bonaparte i fail to see how expressing my opinion about how stale

a thread has become from within that thread should ever require me to be a

moderator.

i do not need to report my opinion to anybody other than the people within the

thread concerned. i do not see why i would bother to use the report button or

PM anybody.

Was not meant as an insult, just pointing out poor spelling.

And i gave you concession as you do not natively speak English.

i dont know what you mean by "but i already know about that" .

You really should give up on proving how intelligent you think you are.

It is a bit sad really - First the mini lecture on edged weaponry followed by

comments like - "I'm an Italian teacher" and "even if it is my fourth language"

indicate to me a minor superiority complex that needs to be addressed.

You wanted an insult, consider that to be yours.

Oh and Bonaparte i fail to see how expressing my opinion about how stale

a thread has become from within that thread should ever require me to be a

moderator.

i do not need to report my opinion to anybody other than the people within the

thread concerned. i do not see why i would bother to use the report button or

PM anybody.

I've warned you but clearly the message didn't arrive... let's talk in private.

I'm happy with people speculating in this thread, as a mater of fact I like to read the speculations.

Now let's all go back on topic!

I only saw this thread for the first time a week ago or so. I'm quite interested in a return of pirates (and soldiers), though it fills me with a slight worry about my bank balance! If they do appear to be as in the photos here, that'll be quite good. Of course, perhaps more interesting than minifig designs would be how they would approach the ships. Resurrect the old prow and stern pieces? Introduce new ones (yes please)? Surely the Viking ones aren't suitable? Also will we see the old rigging parts one wonders?

I'd like to see them go back to the French and British. Sure there's plenty of scope to diverge into the other powers, but those two surely have to be the quintessential naval forces involved with pirates/buccaneers.

Hi folks. i dont want to see "hints"v like this. It makes me thinking to hard and then i cant sleep .I WANT PIRATES :pir-cry_happy:

Like the admiral. just hope its a real TLG minifig. and if a new pirate them is coming i hope its not too far away from the old one. I want bigger ships and forts but when i look at the facts that lego is intended for kids(and us ) i dont think we will get a minifig scale of Victory etc . And it would look strange for me if i buy a small ship (in a new theme ) and that ship turn out to be bigger than SESor BSB.

You're only going to get murmurs and guesses on other websites/forums until the LEGO Group makes an official announcement. The purpose of this thread is collect tidbits of information and then its up to the individual to assemble them and determine what's really going on.

Like everyone I'd prefer a straight out yes or no, but it's not that simple. Even if new Pirate sets were definitely being released we could not announce that information until the LEGO Group gives authorisation. If we did so prematurely we could get ourselves into trouble.

But rest assured, if any official information is released then it'll be presented in this forum at the very first opportunity.

Really old news... I'll close this.

Speculation about the future of the pirate line can go here :pir-wink: