SirNadroj

NEW Official Pirate Minifigure Pictures?

Really busy right now; but here are those better pics I promised:

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4826.jpg

Castle (good for pirates!!)

IMG_4832.jpg

New hair:

IMG_4833.jpg

Back printing on soldier:

IMG_4839.jpg

Thanks! Now we finally hava a better pic of the maiden's torso from the castle advent calendar!

IMG_4826.jpg

There's also the torso of the jester, yay! (sorry for the kinda off-topic)

Edited by metalandi

Thanks for the pics, SirNadroj! :pir-wub:

The pirate looks great, although in true TLC fashion, the yellow on the torso seems a bit off. Actually, the torso is very similar to the existing vested pirate's:

973p30c01.jpg

The maid is beautiful (ignoring the man's head), and I'd be surprised if we didn't see this torso in a new pirate theme.

I like the printing on the back of the Imperial, although I wonder if this means that they won't be wearing backpacks?

i am being more and more convinced Lego is bringing out new pirates, i bring forward two new points

1. Sponge bob is available in a double sided print and top of torso!! this makes a double sided pirate fig more likely to be authentic Lego creation!

Indeed, as well as Tusken Raiders, Jock from IJ and the Agents villians. :sweet:

Thanks again SirNadroj :classic:

Thanks for the extra pics, SirNadroj!

You do realize that there's a tricorn in that last pic. Pirates WILL return.

Yes, I thought that! A sure sign!!! :pir-wink::pir-grin::pir-sweet::pir_yoda::pir-laugh::thumbup:

:skull:

This is just great, I come back to find that a new pirates theme (With Soldiers) is on its way. The both of the soldiers in the two pictures look great, and have printing on both sides. We also get a shot of the new Jester in the advent calender.

Wow! Thanks for the new pics SirNadroj! I guess this confirms a new Pirates line, all we need now is an official statement from TLC! I mean all sorts of revied pieces such as the cutlass, pirate hat in that castle set, aligators, sharks, monkey, a minifig head with gold teeth and an eyepatch, we all saw this coming, but this seals the deal! When do the new rumored set lists usually show up? August? September?

-darthperson

Guys, I'm not sure you should go about announcing a whole line of new pirates yet. I hate to be pessimistic here, but it could be just one set, like Factory or something like that. :pir-sceptic:

Wow! Thanks for the new pics SirNadroj! I guess this confirms a new Pirates line, all we need now is an official statement from TLC!

Actually an official statement from the LEGO Group confirms a new Pirate line, whereas these pictures confirm nothing. What we see might just be prototypes which never go into production or maybe just really really good customs. So Sandy is right, we can't announce anything yet but we should still be monitoring these mini-figures very closely just in case...

Guys, I'm not sure you should go about announcing a whole line of new pirates yet. I hate to be pessimistic here, but it could be just one set, like Factory or something like that. :pir-sceptic:

TLC usually avoids creating minifig design for only one set due to high production costs. Especially now that they're trying to reduce the quantity of different molds and colors. That's probably why you find quite a limited quantity of different minfigs in actual sets.

In addition to Karto's very good point, we know that two new themes will be released next year. We already have many different themes, and it seems logical that TLC would bring something like this back after so many years. Space, Castle, Alpha Team, Star Wars, and Aquazone/raiders have been making comebacks for quite some time. Besides, much evidince folds into this theory. Also, Factory sets generally are used mostly with LDD pieces these days. It'd be hard to build a good pirate set (with the intricate minifigures we've seen) at a reasonable pricepoint with only Factory used pieces at TLC's disposal.

Arent factory minifigs also with stickers? they arent printed like what we have seen. Man i feel like a little kid again, its strange yet soothing.

No, Factory figures do come with printed torsos to my knowledge.

Depends on the figure. For trains, yes, for the new space line, no, they're stickers. It's why I didn't buy them, even at the price cut. Printed torsos would have sold the deal for me.

We are guessing, whether Pirates will take off as the new theme, next year. It may looks as real as it gets. Whether it is for Factory or New themes, TLG is listening to us. Even if it's not launch by next year, it will be one of the possible themes in 2010.

In addition, there will be two new themes in 2009. And, my gut feel will be Pirates and Wild West (Factory). This is just my instinct. Others might disagreed with me. But, this picture is as real as it gets.

We are defintely be seeing some nice surprises in the next coming months. :pir-blush:

Arent factory minifigs also with stickers? they arent printed like what we have seen. Man i feel like a little kid again, its strange yet soothing.

I feel the same way... Like a kid again. I love it. haha . And whitefang Im with you... I had have a feeling like this may be actually happening.....

I just have a bad feeling about the pirate line. TLC is avoiding human vs human things since some time, e.g. the mechanical enemies for the Agents, mutant animals for Aquazone, the castle line that contains more fantasy elements than Lord of the Rings. I know that a lot of people like new castle, but it is just not my piece of cake, think it is terrible (despite the knight minifigs). Guess a new pirate line would be too much like Pirates of the Caribbean, with fantasy elements all over, flying ships and all this mess. Which is (sorry, no offense) NOT interesting for me. Will get a few minifigs anyway.. :classic:

I for one am pretty convinced that we are getting pirates, hat else can they do running out of ideas they are. As far as human vs human i would beg to differ. Space skulls vs star justice is man vs man (imo), Agents is the same, and lets not forget about the lucas arts license, along with batman. I dont see why lego would veer of man vs man when weapons that lego has produced in recent years have become a tad bit more violent (more rifles, guns, machine guns etc). those are my thoughts

Maybe you know that we're all dying to know what is said :pir-wink::pir-tongue:

Yes I know, but I thought I'd let everyone speculate for a while first. :pir-tongue:

So here's the answer:

Both LEGO Representatives told me these were not official Pirate LEGO mini-figures and nothing is planned.

Oh dear. Then how could have said figures have such realistic torsos? When I saw them they shined as any other torso would. Did they give you any real explanations as to how they came to be there?

Okay, so if this is true that they are releasing new pirates... are the soldiers going to have epaulettes? Very sad if they don't! :sad:

The thing is, the armis of most countris didn't have soldier's with empaulettes! Only officers have them.

Both LEGO Representatives told me these were not official Pirate LEGO mini-figures and nothing is planned.

Unless they're keeping it under tight wraps, and these figures slipped by them! :pir-tongue:

One of the employees said that the soldier is very old (thinking of Imperial Guards/Soldiers), but obviously the torso is very different. The manager said he didn't know anything, but he said he'd ask for me and then email me (I gave him my card). So far, I haven't heard back from him, but if he does write back, I'll let you guys know what he said.

Also, the manager said the minifigure display came straight from Enfield, so why there are non-official minifigures in it is beyond me. Doesn't make sense...

Oh, and that gray hair in one of the pictures above seems to be Palpatine's hair. (Just some other specualtions. :pir-tongue: )