SirNadroj

NEW Official Pirate Minifigure Pictures?

In the back row, walking out of his seat, was a red-coated marine with a tricorne hat! His back was printed, with the two overhanging bandoliers and 2 small brown back-pack straps (on his back, confusingly. In the front was a brown vested pirate, with a rope printed on his back.

Excellent, thanks for confirming that and describing the backs.

So, having seem them somewhat closely, do you think they're printed torsos or custom decals?

Excellent, thanks for confirming that and describing the backs.

So, having seem them somewhat closely, do you think they're printed torsos or custom decals?

Scince I've never seen waterslide decals in close-ups, I wouldn't know about them, but It looked to be legit. Otherwise, the customizer must have sealed the Decal on so it would look like it was printed. But it shined like a new torso, so I think it was real. I have a photo from my phone, so it will have to wait until the 11th.

It isn't the most detailed pic I've ever had to work with, but here is a very basic sample of that torso, minus fine details that can't be seen clearly.

protopirate.png_thumb.jpg

I'm not stunned at it's brilliance, but for a new line of Pirates, I'll take it. :pir-grin:

The biggest chance says they are customs, but as everyone else I hope to god I'm wrong.

Cheaper pirate related parts on Bricklink on!!! :pir-tongue:

Maybe you'd all be curious to know that I've been in contact with the LEGO Community Team recently about these mini-figures...

Maybe you'd all be curious to know that I've been in contact with the LEGO Community Team recently about these mini-figures...

Maybe you know that we're all dying to know what is said :pir-wink::pir-tongue:

I don't know if these have been posted yet but I found these on brickshelf. Linky

Looks like someone found my BrickShelf folder. :pir-grin:

All I did was take the pic that was given earlier and crop bits and pieces of it. :pir-blush:

Arnoldtoht1.jpg

"Now, what ever shall we talk about?"

snip

My sentiments exactly... :devil:

-Tarfful

I for one think that there will be a Pirates line in 2009 or 2010. Pirates, Castle, Space and City are evergreen themes, so I'm sure that they'll release new sets. TLC already re-released Space (Space Skulls and Space Justice or whatever those dudes are called), Castle, and City (Actually they've been making sets for this line for years without end). So guess what? What? Up next is Pirates! Yay!

P.S. To Norrington: Thanks for that interesting news! I wanted to ask you two questions, first, how did the rope look like on the back of the brown vest pirate? Coiled like Indy's whip? Or just hanging loosely? And two, what head did that pirate have? Gold Tooths?

A friend of mine has spoken with his toy retailer and the retailer said that LEGO will sell new Pirate stuff in 2009. A few of the figures are red *looking to the red fig*.

Off-Topic: This hairmold reminds me of Chatter Lols hair in the Indy-Game and the hair for the library guy.

new_hair_mold.jpg

P.S. To Norrington: Thanks for that interesting news! I wanted to ask you two questions, first, how did the rope look like on the back of the brown vest pirate? Coiled like Indy's whip? Or just hanging loosely? And two, what head did that pirate have? Gold Tooths?

It was hanging over one shoulder and draped around his waist on the other side. Like Indy's man purse. :pir-tongue:

I could see the front & back of the marine, but pirate was way up front in the theatre and I could only see his back.

It was hanging over one shoulder and draped around his waist on the other side. Like Indy's man purse. :pir-tongue:

I could see the front & back of the marine, but pirate was way up front in the theatre and I could only see his back.

Thanks Norrington! Now let's hope we get new heads and torsos (aside from the marine and brown vest pirate).

I think seeming as these are all ready released figs excluding a few they will be in the vintage minifig volumes.

I think seeming as these are all ready released figs excluding a few they will be in the vintage minifig volumes.

They can't be, vintage sets are for older figures, these Pirate torsos have not been seen before! :pir-wink:

:skull:

Im a chronic lurker i know, but this thread really freaked me out and filled me with joy to think that in less than a year i migh possibly finally own a pirate ship. (never could get one as a kid, were to expensive). I havent kept up too much with lego, last thing i saw (which was old news) is agents, like the shark though.

Anycase i will argue for pirates being released for a few reasons. as someone has previously mentioned a variety of pirate related pieced being released, recently (saber, pirate hull, bicorne, etc). Additionally those pictures taken do show a soldier that is rminiscent of the ones i grew up with. But perhaps most importantly, the lego universe game that will be released. I was thinking, if all those cool pirate themes are going to be in the game, im sure it will create a demand for them as actual sets considering the newfound popularity of pirates. Thats my two bits

Yeah i said that but I said excluding a few the other figs could be in the vintage packs.

Hey Norrington, it's the eleventh! Pics? :P

Anyway, this is great news. My cousin works at toys "backwards R" us, and she said they got some displays that had a pirate with gold teeth on it. Score.

This speculation/discussion even made the news on http://radio.laml.org/ (last edition - #48)

Aaron Andrews (Lego Ambassador) shares some first hand info on how the TLC views the Pirates Theme in general.

Oh i wouldnt mind a pirate ship :pir-wub:

I hope the pirate sets dont come out for awhile ive got to many Agents/SW ect... sets i want

:pir_yoda:

Anyway, this is great news. My cousin works at toys "backwards R" us, and she said they got some displays that had a pirate with gold teeth on it. Score.

Isnt there an Agents guy with gold teeth?

Hey Norrington, it's the eleventh! Pics? :P

Once I figure out how to get photos off my phone :pir-tongue:

You'll see them in due course.

i am being more and more convinced Lego is bringing out new pirates, i bring forward two new points

1. Sponge bob is available in a double sided print and top of torso!! this makes a double sided pirate fig more likely to be authentic Lego creation!

2. Lego has said they are going back to their roots, well, we suspect a Wild West factory and pirates theme, we all know how well pirates has done in the past, but i also noted a very very old set for wild west, its set number i think was in the 600's and only had brick horses... thus it brings validity to Lego saying its going back to its roots

Regards Cpt. PB