SirNadroj

NEW Official Pirate Minifigure Pictures?

I don't think anyone has commented yet on the fact that at least one (maybe more) of the heads seen here - the Indy one - is currently only available in Light Flesh, but in the picture it's yellow (isn't it?).

Do you mean the head with the Fedora on the shirted body with two breast pockets? That's not Indy's head; it's a regular Town head. :pir-wink:

I don't think anyone has commented yet on the fact that at least one (maybe more) of the heads seen here - the Indy one - is currently only available in Light Flesh, but in the picture it's yellow (isn't it?).

The one in the fedora? No, that actually was in yellow, first.

If this turns out to be true, i'm interested to see all of the new figures.

Everyone is :pir-tongue:

:skull:

No - that's exactly the same as the harbour figure standing nearby the admiral. :pir-wink:

I wonder why he is exactly the same when they seem to be a mixup of pieces... Maybe they're not all mixed up, in the case of the two pirate figs. :pir-grin:

The hair and torso colour are the same, granted, but I've never seen dungarees with the straps crossing over on the back before, so I thought it might possibly be the Admiral. Anyway, it confirms that at least 2 "new" figures have printing on the back, which means that TLC will be going down a very nice road... That is, assuming that the harbour worker is not a custom: if he is real, then the Pirates are real, IMHO, and there doesn't seem to be much debate about the harbour fig's authenticity... :pir-grin:

though maybe it could be a pirate vs ninjas line? nah just me hoping, TLC would never do something as awsome as that

Naw, they'd have to get Fat Tony's permission for that :pir-tongue:

Huzzah! It appears that a future Pirate line is very, very, true :pir-wub:

I screen capped something interesting this morning.

2645563739_c6f51a01f8_o.jpg

He deleted the comment shortly after, so I have no idea what it means.

I screen capped something interesting this morning.

2645563739_c6f51a01f8_o.jpg

He deleted the comment shortly after, so I have no idea what it means.

I'm not sure what Community Window is, but when he says custom figs he means they are, as I have said, a collection of parts, not actual figures from actual sets - the bit about the Obi Wan hair is probably true, so he means that they are mixed up, but not that they are false parts in any way. Even if the pirates we have seen aren't official ones coming out, they have official torsos in them, which ae pirate ones we have not seen. :thumbup: This spells a return, I say! :pir-grin:

Regarding the Community Window, I found a couple mentions of it on the TexLUG site...

There will also be a ‘Window on the Community’ in the store. For those unaware, the WotC is a small, locked plastic box with a transparent face that LEGO allows local clubs to fill with MOCs and other various things.

If it was indeed a Community Window, that might mean that the figs are merely fan-made customs (though I hope that isn't the case!)

Edited by Paradosis

If it was indeed a Community Window, that might mean that the figs are merely fan-made customs (though I hope that isn't the case!)

Nooooooo! But, if they were fan made customs (hopefully not), then how did they get the Castle Joker? :pir-sceptic:

Nooooooo! But, if they were fan made customs (hopefully not), then how did they get the Castle Joker? :pir-sceptic:

and maid, witch and obi-wan hair. +Why does someone want to make a fan made custom (asuming you mean decals, and not just different head/torso arrangements) minifig of a minifig that has been around for ages like the guy with surf torso. It just wouldn't make sense, so I am about 99,9999% convinced that these minifigs are 100% real and actually made and printed by lego (the parts, not arrangements). But if this would really mean a new pirate theme is comming has yet to be seen. Maybe they're prototypes or they are made for another theme, like town, just like the 1592 - town square castle scene had castle minifigs not found in the castle theme.

Edited by Fluyt

That's not Indy's head; it's a regular Town head. :pir-wink:

Doh! Of course it is - I have a bunch of those heads. Sorry.

What about the orange Mutt hair? You guys are talking about the Ob-Wan saying it can't be used across themes but as you can see there is an orange version of Mutt's hair. The theme may be licensed but the hairstyles are not. I personally am hoping this is indeed a hint to the future of pirates but, I will remain skeptical until something more solid comes out.

What about the orange Mutt hair? You guys are talking about the Ob-Wan saying it can't be used across themes but as you can see there is an orange version of Mutt's hair. The theme may be licensed but the hairstyles are not. I personally am hoping this is indeed a hint to the future of pirates but, I will remain skeptical until something more solid comes out.

I believe that's Obi-Wan's hair from the new Star Wars licensed sets :pir-classic:

He probably removed the post because he found his mistake. Hair molds are not licensed in the same fashion as printed parts (and even those are fair game, if they aren't specifically identifiable). There have been plenty of new parts introduced in the licensed lines that are then used elsewhere. Do you really think that Bruce Wayne also played a Nazi in Indiana Jones? Those are two seperate license holders, yet that printed head crosses over between them. The Harley Quinn hat will appear in a Castle figure later this year. There are many more examples of this. It's not such a huge taboo.

Then, when you look at the overall picture of those minifigs, you realise that for them to be fan-made customs, you would need to have someone out there with a number of new hair designs, exact copies of torsos that won't be released until later this year (jester/maiden), and a connection to that store. If a fan was displaying their custom figures in that store, they would mention it online somewhere, they always do, and if they had made hair of that quality, we'd be seeing it somewhere.

My bet is that the display will be adjusted (or already has) and then one day, months from now, we'll see those parts appearing in official sets. Someone simply made a mistake in supplying those parts for that display. Being a brand new store, I could see that happening pretty easily.

No big conspiracy, just something that happens, but rest assured, those are real parts. They may be prototypes that never appear, but I doubt it. You don't ship prototypes made in Billund to the US offices, then accidentally ship those to a store. No, they're real, we just have to wait to see what purpose they will serve. I think we'll be pleased, we just need to be patient.

What about the orange Mutt hair?

That comes in the big agent truck...

First off, I'd like to thank everyone that posted a picture and thus helped clear the confusion that seems to be surrounding this thread.

I'd also like to say that this is a very happy and momentous occasion for Pirate fans everywhere, seeing as this (basically) marks the return of the Pirate line. :pir-cry_happy:

The pirate fig that is shown is exquisite and very detailed, TLG has once again outdone themselves.

The only downside to all this jubilation (at least to me anyway :pir-grin: ) is that now I will have to somehow find a way to fit yet another theme into my already overcrowded LEGO budget.

On a related note, does anyone have a better pic of the second pirate fig?

What about the orange Mutt hair?

snip

I believe that's Obi-Wan's hair from the new Star Wars licensed sets.

snip

Actually there is both a minifig with CW Obi-Wan hair and orange Mutt hair. :pir-classic:

See:

green_overalls_with_orange_mutt_hair.jpgpilot_with_new_cw_obi-wan_hairpiece.jpg

That comes in the big agent truck...

I was waiting for someone to bring that point up.

-Tarfful, who will be very disappointed if all this turns out to be is some kind of elaborate hoax.

P.S. New Pirate theme ON!

Edited by Tarfful

Actually there is both a minifig with CW Obi-Wan hair and orange Mutt hair. :pir-classic:

Then I am mistaken! Thanks for pointing out that guy.

It seems like I've seen that soldier's torso from somewhere, but I'm probably mistaken.

You don't ship prototypes made in Billund to the US offices, then accidentally ship those to a store. No, they're real, we just have to wait to see what purpose they will serve.

Extremely well-reasoned post, Shadows, and I certainly agree with your assessment. As far as I can tell, two possibilities are likely in terms of how these items ended up in this display:

1. Honest mistake - Like you said, some parts, possibility prototypes, got mixed into the batch used for this display. Considering that's a very high concentration of new product aside from the Pirate-related items (new Witch face, new City torso, new hairpieces and hairpieces in new colors), it's certainly possible someone dipped too deeply into the well of new minifig components to showcase.

2. Deliberate tease - After talking to several TLC reps at BrickWorld, I've learned one thing: they're much more hip to interwebs that I ever imagined, especially in regards to how fast any hint to new product spreads like wildfire. They also have a very precise what lines and accessories more hardcore fans are most desperate to see returned. Frankly, it's not too hard to believe that with such a large public event, someone at TLC might think it'd be clever to sneak in a small hint of something so craved by the fan base, knowing that at least one or two pictures of that display would undoubtedly be posted and proceed to set every Pirate fan's heart aglow.

Option 1 is probably more likely, but part of me would love to find out it was the latter given how it worked perfectly (assuming we are looking at the return of Pirates). I've been learning a lot the past few months about how to announce new product in fun and exciting ways, and should this turn out to be true, it's pure gold in terms of exciting a fan base and priming them for more news regarding a new line of products.

If Option 2 is the truth and the minds behind it read this, kudos to you, sirs and/or madams! :pir-sweet:

badger

Edited by the enigma that is badger

I'd just like to offer a small bit of evidence in support of the misshipment theory.

Misshippments do happen, and sometimes on a big scale. Right when Speed Racer sets were released, LEGO shipped a huge amout of Speed Racer minifig parts with the pieces for "build-a-minifig" to the Chicago LEGO store. The staff spent hours sorting out the speed racer parts from several large boxes of minifig parts as having them out in the "build a minifig" bin would have been a breach of contract.

With incidents like that, it could easily have been a mis-shipment. Of course we all (myself indcluded) hope that LEGO is thinking of us and and slipping us clues now and then.

Check out the new amazing Pirate cart on eBay HERE. With a brand new torso and very usefull headgear!

Just kidding :pir-skull:

Check out the new amazing Pirate cart on eBay HERE. With a brand new torso and very usefull headgear!

Just kidding :pir-skull:

har har. :pir-hmpf_bad: That's immature.

I don't know if these have been posted yet but I found these on brickshelf. Linky

Yep, look about...4 posts above you.

Lads, I must eat my words. It recently occured to me that as Nadroj and others are saying that it was a 'new store' (which I don't believe the one in Chandler Fashion center is). I returned for clues and that new creator car set (1). I was at the check out, and rescanned the small dioramas in the shelves, and saw a movie-theatre type scene.

In the back row, walking out of his seat, was a red-coated marine with a tricorne hat! His back was printed, with the two overhanging bandoliers and 2 small brown back-pack straps (on his back, confusingly. In the front was a brown vested pirate, with a rope printed on his back.

It wasn't in a large display case and posed with other figures like in Nadroj's picture (which is why I think they are different stores we are talking about), but it was there.

Edited by Norrington