SirNadroj

NEW Official Pirate Minifigure Pictures?

I think its Yellow since only Licenses use Flesh, Right?

Right. So if one of the minifigs were a fleshie, that would mean that these two are not from the same theme. But SirNadroj has clearly stated that despite of what it looks like on the picture, it is yellow, and we just have to believe him :pir-tongue:

BTW great find SirNadroj - I forgot to congratulate you before :pir-blush:

Anyway, as I've stated in my previous post, for me it's not a question of "IF" anymore - it's a question of "WHEN"... :jollyroger:

it's not a question of "IF" anymore - it's a question of "WHEN"...

...or even still "IF", lest I be right.

By the looks of things, I have some bubble bursting to do.

Sure, all of this is exciting, but, in all of your excitement, have you neglected to look at the other figures in the display?

2638001200_2c8b07b5d6_m1.jpg

Someone's ordered a custom hair piece for that. Either TLG is going to release that hairpiece or this is all just....well, much ado about nothing. That and the possible fleshy proves it false, in my opinion.

Sorry, but that's what I think. :pir-sad2:

Edited by Lt. Col. Thok

...or even still "IF", lest I be right.

By the looks of things, I have some bubble bursting to do.

Sure, all of this is exciting, but, in all of your excitement, have you neglected to look at the other figures in the display?

2638001200_2c8b07b5d6_m1.jpg

Someone's ordered a custom hair piece for that. Either TLG is going to release that hairpiece or this is all just....well, much ado about nothing. That and the possible fleshy proves it false, in my opinion.

Sorry, but that's what I think. :pir-sad2:

well, the other minifigs also include the peasant woman and witch from the upcomming advent calendar, and that hairpiece looks like obi-wans' to me.

Why don't they ever have display cases like this in New York? Not even in the Times Square location! :pir-cry_sad:

that's because NYC does not have an official lego store. the times square location you speak of is a toys r us.

I certainly do love all the speculation flying around here!

I wonder how long it's going to take before we discover the truth behind these mini-figures.

why on earth would some random Lego store in America have the right to DISPLAY the new models, i am confident this is just a store looking for attention...

Legomilk saying/ questioning 2009 is more evidence than this in my opinion... that said i am hopeful...

regards Cpt. PB

I dont belive this to be honest, they look custom, or maybe they were old protype torso's that found there way over to the US or something. Either way i dont think LEGo would release a pirate line, If they did it would have been whilst kids were into POTC.

If they did it would have been whilst kids were into POTC.

Any time BUT then, in my opinion. They could have gotten sued.

I am very excited now. But sceptical.

BRILLIANt find Sir Nadroj. Thanks for posting it.

Well even if it is not real. You have certainly lured more people into the Pirate Forum! :thumbup:

:jollyroger:

I have a question for ya'll:

Why would these be custom if the guy in the front with the blue shirt and the grumpyish face has Obi-wan's new hair from the CW series? :wink:

The figures ARE yellow. They are all official ~ along with some new hair sculpts I'll show you when I get back...

The manager said they came from Enfield, CT, so again, these are official.

When he emails me, I'll let you know.

Curses.

I always imagined it would be me to discover the first evidence for a new Pirate line :pir-cry_sad:

:pir-grin:

The Admiral doesn't excite me too much, although it seems a little strange that they might be going for human vs human violence, which they generally try to veer away from (Castle)... Also note red-based torso, not white-based.

The Pirate is more interesting; the torso looks great, although I'm not too sure about a bicorn on a standard Pirate. I think the Agents head gives it a touch of authenticity - if a store was just using old pirates in a display, then I would think that they wouldn't be bothered with a very new head. Given TLC's tendency to recycle heads in batches (e.g. Vikings ones were recycled into Castle, City/Town ones get a 2/3 year run-out), I think that it's likely that a new Pirate line would have heads from Agents, Castle and possible some new ones...

BTW, the figs (or the soldier at least) has printing on the back!! :thumbup:

What sort?

I'm a little dissappointed that the admiral doesn't wear epaulettes though, I really hope that we'll see them back should a new line be released. The Imperials just don't look intimidating or powerful without them.

He looks fine to me just as he is. Epaulettes also restrict arm movement! :pir-laugh:

But will excitement this creates destroy the very fabric of Eb itself?

:pir_wacko: EB is often the first site to get "news", so why should this make a difference?

The torso designs do very much remind me of custom designs I've seen lately.

But given the extension of the Torso Library, that's hardly surprising :pir-wink:

It's not a question of "IF" anymore - it's a question of "WHEN"... :jollyroger:

Last time that was used, it was to predict the end of civilisation as we know it :pir-tongue:

why on earth would some random Lego store in America have the right to DISPLAY the new models, i am confident this is just a store looking for attention...

Which would imply that they're aware of how quickly rumours spread online, and - possibly - Classic-Pirates, which surely can't be a bad thing? :pir-cry_happy:

Noting two Classic-Castle threads on this - 1 2

The figures ARE yellow. They are all official ~ along with some new hair sculpts I'll show you when I get back...

The manager said they came from Enfield, CT, so again, these are official.

When he emails me, I'll let you know.

Ooooh, very exiting! :pir-grin:

Where is Enfield, CT? :pir_wacko: I don't know or care much about American states, hehe.

:skull:

From what I know Enfield is in good old England... :thumbup:

Although they mean Connecticut.

EDIT: Why do they come from there?

Edited by Joey Lock

From what I know Enfield is in good old England... :thumbup:

Although they mean Connecticut.

EDIT: Why do they come from there?

Shouldn't they have come from Denmark?! :pir-tongue:

I have to say I'm as confused as everybody else here, but I too see the maid from the upcoming Advent Calendar, and she sure haven't been released anywhere else (although the witch has been). It could very well be that the shop owner has some connections to the LEGO Company, and has been able to get some prototypes to show.

We have to remind ourselves that these are toys we're talking about here, not top secret government inventions. :tongue:

By the way, this topic should totally be featured in the frontpage, as uncertain as it is.

Edited by Sandy

It seems to me this is as good as confirmation gets short of a press release from TLC or leaked pics of forthcoming sets.

I'm no Pirate expert, but are we definitely sure these are new figs? It could be that for Volume 2 of Classic Minifigs (or whatever it's called) TLC has manufactured a whole bunch of piratey accessories and extras, whether this is leading to a whole new line or not. Ít's possible that some of these may have found their way into this selection along with other figs from the latter part of 08.

I mean, from Vol 1 we've seen the classic red spaceman, old skool fireman and Dr Frankenstein, and I haven't seen news that they'll be appearing in 09... yet :pir-tongue:

I am afraid I must concur with anyone who says this is false. According to the Lego Store Locator, the only Lego Store in Chandler is in the Chandler Fashion Center. I am currently staying at my sister's Pheonix Apartment. CFC is about 20 minutes away and I as a matter of fact just returned from there, less than half an hour ago from the writing of this post. There was no display case with Minifigures from upcoming lines. The only display cases were the usual, small one tucked into the shelves with cute little scenes inside, and bigger ones containing set. Until I see more conclusive photographic proof, I am going to say this is false.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for it to be true, but it isn't. :pir_bawling:

Edited by Norrington

I KNOW WHY WE HAVNT SEEN LEGO PIRATES BACK.

Megablocks had a pirates line for quite some time since 2000 and they also won the rights to produce POTC ive even seen them in stores. :pir-classic:

I am afraid I must concur with anyone who says this is false. According to the Lego Store Locator, the only Lego Store in Chandler is in the Chandler Fashion Center.

So what are you saying? I doubt SirNadroj would lie about this, and I can't see him having visons either. It is possible that they were removed.

I KNOW WHY WE HAVNT SEEN LEGO PIRATES BACK.

Megablocks had a pirates line for quite some time since 2000 and they also won the rights to produce POTC ive even seen them in stores. :pir-classic:

Errr... no. Pirates of the Caribbean is nothing to do with it. Disney do not own the rights to generic pirates in any way, shape or form. Just "Pirates of the Caribbean".

By the way, this topic should totally be featured in the frontpage, as uncertain as it is.

I think it's too vague... and they could just be customs.

Its kind of fifty fifty chance lets just hope is does come. I was to young when the old pirate sets came out so I'm hoping its true. I aslo heard the village castle is coming back but that was a rumor and thats getting of the topic.

I find it very unlikely that SirNadroj is playing a game here. If there is any mistake, it would be on the part of the store for displaying something that might not be official, assuming they aren't.

Looking it up, the store has only been open for a couple of weeks? It's possibly they're still changing displays around, and had put something out that they weren't supposed to, then removed it. I've examined a few pictures of the store, but haven't found any good display shots so far.

Ooooh, very exiting! :pir-grin:

Where is Enfield, CT? :pir_wacko: I don't know or care much about American states, hehe.

Enfield is the North American headquarters for LEGO. At one time, they shipped S@H orders from there as well, and I assume that promotional displays still would, as the offices and representatives of the company are located there (but normal inventory shipping moved to a cheaper location).

SCORE!

I knew that with enough effort, I could find a pic of this online somewhere else.

From the grand opening of the Chandler store, here is another pic of that figure case, including one of the new pirates (and a new style of overalls and some hair and face variations).

2623039219_cd3d307a42_o.jpg

That pretty much ends that speculation.

I'm no Pirate expert, but are we definitely sure these are new figs? It could be that for Volume 2 of Classic Minifigs (or whatever it's called)

Isn't the point of these Classic Minifigure volumes to re-release existing mini-figures though?

Indeed. Now does this mean it means anything or not? :pir_wacko:

Isn't the point of these Classic Minifigure volumes to re-release existing mini-figures though?

That's what I thought. That and making loads of money off over-priced mini-figs... :pir-grin:

From the grand opening of the Chandler store, here is another pic of that figure case, including one of the new pirates (and a new style of overalls and some hair and face variations).

2623039219_cd3d307a42_o.jpg

But are they official or customs? Because that jester has a totally wrong head and headpiece, at least according to the one shown in the Advent Calendar. And there are some really old torsos (like the one with the surf board) mixed in with ones I've never seen before.

I don't know about you guys, but this picture makes me even more confused. At least now we know SirNadroj isn't celebrating April Fool's Day too late. :wink: