rriggs

Jazz Club VIP Early Access

With the Jazz Club delayed to Jan 4th, LEGO have said that there is VIP early access from Jan 1st. However, it’s not clear from the website if early access is online only or also in store?

It has become an annual tradition for us on Jan 1st to go to a local LEGO store and pickup the new modular and we want to do this again this year but with the delay and the unclear info about early access we don’t know if we can do this again this year

Does anyone know…?

18 hours ago, Kallego said:

Usually early vip access is available in stores too. 

Ok, great. Thanks!

And, it is a borderline insane suggestion, I know; what if you would call the shop to ask them? ;)

Will getting the JC allow you to get the Pizza Van GWP?

I thought I read somewhere that the Pizza van will be a GWP with a modular purchase at a later date than VIP or actual release day of JC?

14 hours ago, hoppa said:

And, it is a borderline insane suggestion, I know; what if you would call the shop to ask them? ;)

If I get a chance I will do this. I have their number in my phone but haven’t had a chance to call yet (since finding out about the delay)

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

Will getting the JC allow you to get the Pizza Van GWP?

I thought I read somewhere that the Pizza van will be a GWP with a modular purchase at a later date than VIP or actual release day of JC?

Not so fussed about the GWP. If I get it then happy days but if not then no biggie. I never factor GWP items into my purchase plans

Does it really matter? Isn't everyone who shops at a LEGO Store a member? It's not like it costs money.

4 hours ago, Maple said:

Does it really matter? Isn't everyone who shops at a LEGO Store a member? It's not like it costs money.

Being a member or not doesn’t matter. The issue was trying to find out if I can buy the set in store on the 1st as I have done every year since these sets have been out. The delay to the 4th means I can’t buy it in store for a couple of weeks now as I will be back at work. I wanted to have it confirmed if the VIP early release was online only (which it is) 

12 hours ago, rriggs said:

Being a member or not doesn’t matter. The issue was trying to find out if I can buy the set in store on the 1st as I have done every year since these sets have been out. The delay to the 4th means I can’t buy it in store for a couple of weeks now as I will be back at work. I wanted to have it confirmed if the VIP early release was online only (which it is) 

Where did you see it confirmed to be online only for the 1st? I searched & found two reviews(brickarchitect & brickfanatics) that state it’s online and in store.

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Where did you see it confirmed to be online only for the 1st? I searched & found two reviews(brickarchitect & brickfanatics) that state it’s online and in store.

I got the info from the store and from LEGO Customer Services:

VIP Early Access on this set starts on 1/1/2023 for online purchases. In LEGO stores, or for online orders placed by customers without VIP membership, the set will be available from 4th of January 2023. Hope this helps! :)

Edited by rriggs

Popped by the local LEGO Store this morning and found they had loads of the Jazz Club in store and ready to go

It was too busy to find out if anything had changed (since yesterday) or whether it was just a case of rubbish communication…

Anyway, got my Jazz Club together with VIP Lunar New Year set and the Blacktron Cruiser so it all worked out in the end

8 hours ago, rriggs said:

Popped by the local LEGO Store this morning and found they had loads of the Jazz Club in store and ready to go

It was too busy to find out if anything had changed (since yesterday) or whether it was just a case of rubbish communication…

Anyway, got my Jazz Club together with VIP Lunar New Year set and the Blacktron Cruiser so it all worked out in the end

Excellent. I called ahead & asked but was met with a not so confident response, but rolled the dice anyways. And there it was sitting on the shelf. It was definitely weird communication somewhere in the line. 

On 1/1/2023 at 11:18 AM, rriggs said:

Simply put: You can't buy the Jazz Club unless you're a VIP member until the fourth. Which means, basically, they don't have it out for everyone to purchase. (They are either behind the counter or in the back.) The St Louis, Missouri store only had ~15 to sell, and I'd be willing to bet on the idea they sold out in thirty minutes to an hour. I was fifth in line with my father (he does modular buildings) from about 8:35 waiting in parking garage for mall to open until 10:50 when the store actually opened. There were ALOT of people in line by then!

Edited by Murdoch17

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Simply put: You can't buy the Jazz Club unless you're a VIP member until the fourth. Which means, basically, they don't have it out for everyone to purchase. (They are either behind the counter or in the back.) The St Louis, Missouri store only had ~15 to sell, and I'd be willing to bet on the idea they sold out in thirty minutes to an hour. I was fifth in line with my father (he does modular buildings) from about 8:35 waiting in parking garage for mall to open until 10:50 when the store actually opened. There were ALOT of people in line by then!

The store I went to had them out for anyone to buy. Not hidden away and not checking for VIP membership before purchase. They had about 20 out in the store and were constantly topping them up as they were sold. Seemed to be the same as with the new modular sets every other year

I can only think they were expecting supply issues and/or had supply issues in some places so the 4th Jan restriction to cover themselves