Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 80111 Lunar New Year Parade

Here is my review on 80111 Lunar New Year Parade:

THE GOOD:

• Looking great and very interesting building experience.
  • Impressive on getting the floats move in a realistic way.
  • 18 excellent minifigures!
  • Printed parts for the LEGO shop dragon.
  • The chinese new year mascot big head has so much MEME potentials.
  • Very competitive pricing.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• Stickers ... I think we are so spoilt from previous years with no stickers.
  • Some new legs printing would be nice
  • I wish there are more utilisation of the shiny gold piece than pearl gold.

This set has surpassed my expectation.  When it was first announced, I had mixed feelings on New Year Parade selected for the set in 2023 because while it happens, it just not as traditional as events previously depicted.  However, after building this set, I really like it.  It looks great and the action features work every so well.  On top of that, this is very good building experience because I never built something like this before.  I do feel LEGO may use similar design for a future winter village collection set.  And the 18 minifigures are excellent, that big head is my favourite and can't wait to put it on Thanos body.  Although, legs printing would be even nicer for some minifigures. This set pricing is also very competitive, to be honest with recent price hike, at NZD170, this set is actually pretty good value with great build and interesting new parts.  At the end of the day, I really like this set.  While it's not the top CNY set but it's definitely worthy on my top 5.  I will totally recommend this to anyone even you are not interested in Chinese New Year.