Teddy

Presenting my current WIP: HMS Victory

I thought that's what it was. Although... 42 pounders, anybody?

Dear Dwarfinator,

I'm building the HMS-Victory as she was at Trafalgar in 1805.

The 42 pounders were replaced by 32 pounders after "the great repair" in 1803.

So I'm using the 1805 armnament:

Deck Number Size

Lower gun deck 30 32 pounders (long)

Middle gun deck 28 24 pounders (long)

Upper gun deck 30 12 pounders (long)

Quarter deck 12 12 Pounders (short)

Forecastle 2

2 12 pounders (medium)

* 64 pounder carronades

More info can be found here at www.hms-victory.com:

link to HMS Victory website

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks for the background information Teddy, this gives me a much better sight on your ship MOC.

Btw. you are doing a really good job :thumbup:

Dear Dwarfinator,

I'm building the HMS-Victory as she was at Trafalgar in 1805.

The 42 pounders were replaced by 32 pounders after "the great repair" in 1803.

So I'm using the 1805 armnament:

Deck Number Size

Lower gun deck 30 32 pounders (long)

Middle gun deck 28 24 pounders (long)

Upper gun deck 30 12 pounders (long)

Quarter deck 12 12 Pounders (short)

Forecastle 2

2 12 pounders (medium)

* 64 pounder carronades

More info can be found here at www.hms-victory.com:

link to HMS Victory website

Kind regards,

Teddy

Yes... I see... interesting. Thanks for the info!

* 64 pounder carronades

2 of 'em on the forecastle I believe.

I've seen they have rebuilded the HMS Victory homepage, the deck index is a nice piece of work and it shows all the details of the ship. <-- Recommended to see!

Any updates on this magnificient build already dear Teddy?

wonderful planning...how tall will it be

Above the waterline it would be 1,6 meters for it to be in 1:39 scale (main mast rose 62,4 meters above the waterline).

It is looking great so far, a truly amazing project. It is incredibly huge, maybe it would be better if it would be in several parts, otherwise you might not be able to move it when it is finished.

It's big, it's undoutidly hevy, it's well armed, and I deffinitly do not wont to be on the receving end of a full brodside. She lokes like she could blow your ship away and leve you standing on a plank hiding behind a berral. Simmpley impresive I cant whate to see here compleeted. And I send my support to you in advans if you ever have to dismantel here, or heven forbid she meets a catistofick end. I hope to sail besid her if ever a need to bring that callaber of wepon to bear. And I pray for thows how apose her.

Thanks guys for all the great comments! :pir-cry_happy:

Today I saw a nice complete version of the Victory on Brickshelf.

Gives some idea of the end result. Although I try to believe mine is still slightly more detailed.

But still this: link to Brickshelf folder is the best complete version yet.

It does give me some encouragement to keep going on this huge project. :pir-classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

huhuh, that's an awesome find Teddy, it can help you in your build^^ but I want to see yours, because I'm sure it'll be as beautiful as this one ... if it's not better!

that is one of the best MOC ships i have ever seen! are you planning on selling it anytime? :pir-grin: just curious...... :pir-tongue:

btw, how many posts do you need to gain another rank from vassal? i know its off topic, but there is nowhere i could put this one :pir-look:

that is one of the best MOC ships i have ever seen! are you planning on selling it anytime? :pir-grin: just curious...... :pir-tongue:

btw, how many posts do you need to gain another rank from vassal? i know its off topic, but there is nowhere i could put this one :pir-look:

Actually, there is: Eurobricks Ranks Thread.

Your next stop after Vassal is Citizen with 100 posts. But really mate, quality of member posts is more respected than post count aquired ranks around here. :pir-wink:

Also, the full MOC that I think you're talking about isn't actually Teddy's, he just brought the find to our attention in his HMS Victory WIP thread.

Anyway, thanks for the find Teddy. I threw it up on the Classic-Pirates.com frontpage and linked to your WIP. Speaking of which, when is the next update to be expected?

Originally, it was actually CGH who brought it to my attention. :pir-classic:

I'm hoping to start building on my HMS Victory soon again.

I'm steadily collecting some nescessary bricks to make the next step.

And hopefully I'll have some more spare time later this year.

Kind regards,

Teddy

This build is most impressive. The building techniques are really cool if not laborious and very detailed -- which will make for a much more satisfying finished project!

I love the "built" cannon, and the hull "planking" techinque! Going full minifig scale is always a challenge and you look off to a great start.

Will be a treat to see this model fully completed, best of luck on the build! ...(isn't that really the fun part anyway)

Edited by Paladin

Hey Teddy (or CGH),

when building the portion pictured below of the Victory, what type of bricks did you need to get hordes of?

I'm currently getting ready to build the same part of the Constitution.

I'm trying to make it tan. I've already bought some tiles, plates, and modified plates with one stud on top on BL.

04-07-08_2013nr2.jpg

Thanks!

Hey Teddy (or CGH),

when building the portion pictured below of the Victory, what type of bricks did you need to get hordes of?

I'm currently getting ready to build the same part of the Constitution.

I'm trying to make it tan. I've already bought some tiles, plates, and modified plates with one stud on top on BL.

Thanks!

Phred, good to see you're back! :pir-classic:

Why tan, seems like an odd color to make the hull in?

It would depend on weither you are using mine or Teddy's technique.

For Teddy's you need loads of 1x2, 3, 4 L plates and tiles, for mine you can add 3.500 jumperbricks.

Phred, good to see you're back! :pir-classic:

Why tan, seems like an odd color to make the hull in?

It would depend on weither you are using mine or Teddy's technique.

For Teddy's you need loads of 1x2, 3, 4 L plates and tiles, for mine you can add 3.500 jumperbricks.

I think tan looks good for the hull colour, but then again CGH is the expert...

The hull of the Constitution is covered with copper plates. I think brown might be better instead of tan since brown looks more like copper. :pir-blush:

The hull of the Constitution is covered with copper plates. I think brown might be better instead of tan since brown looks more like copper. :pir-blush:

My thoughts exactly, plus the fact that reddish brown is a lot cheaper then tan.

My thoughts exactly, plus the fact that reddish brown is a lot cheaper then tan.

Yes I agree with CGH. Given the chance to start over I would have used reddish brown on my hull.

Oh well, its regular brown now...

Hi Phred, glad to see you're back! :pir-classic:

As for the parts, lots of plates lots of tiles tiles and:

-In the case of CGH-single-stud-direction-method (CSSDM) :pir-tongue: lots of jumper plates.

-In the case of the Teddy-multiple-stud-directon-method (TMSDM) :pir-tongue: some parts like these as well:

Linky to BL

Linky nr2 to BL

Linky nr3 to BL

Kind regards

Teddy

It's not much of an update, but at least there is some action.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear all,

it has been quite a while since I posted an update of the HMS Victory.

Between building my terminis of the line railway station, public library , and work for my day job, I just did not find time to build on the HMS Victory.

I have been collecting some bricks though, and hope to get some more stuff done in the near future.

This sunday I worked a bit on the orlop deck and startet the first part of the fore section of the orlop deck.

What you see finished in the fore section of the orlop deck is the passage for the lighting room and the fillingroom.

The passage for pallating flat is oartially done.

Next to this passage will come the cabin and storage for the boatswain and the carpenter.

The holes for most of the the hatches are already visible.

Kind regards,

Teddy

WIP, Orlop as it is today:

10-11-09_0128nr2.jpg