Sign in to follow this  
LordsofMedieval

[moc] Bern Steam Tram

I was bored, and this is silly, but I figured I would share. It is powered, and designed to run on 4w track. 

N33KyCr.jpg

1NFri5B.jpg

gV0QaiO.jpg

hXmXbeU.png

BqNFRaw.png

mTjT6aQ.png

s4F5c6k.png

Most models of it feature those distinctive windows, and - assuming they must of been there at some point (and given that I kind of like them) - I went with that design. 

Beautiful realistic model. I just checked on their site (sorry in German): the prototype has/had these front windows. the weird thing is that it looks as if it only has them in the front. Go figure...

This is a really good model.  I know Bern reasonably well, but in all my time in the City, I never saw the steam tram run.  It’s much nicer than the new stuff, although it would be very cold in the winter.

Spectacular steam tram!!! :thumbup:

The 2x3x1 windows used as side covers are a perfect match :sweet: - and the handrail is really a nice touch. A very clean design. Frontpage fully deserved!!!

Two "fun facts": 

1) We had something similar here in Milan too! It's called "Gamba De Legn" (Wooden Leg). 

gdl-porta-lodovica.jpg

2) The second photo of the prototype you posted was the exact one that Inspired me for an old Moc I designed years ago!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138174786@N04/49888052277/in/datetaken-public/

Ciao!

Davide