Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-Project] The Hall of Geology

Type: Royal Project Piece

(This takes place sometime in 621)

It was another pleasant day in Arlinsport. The well manucrued lawns of the University of Tiberia fluttered gently in the breeze, as Agnes Mesabi walked to a surprise meeting at the Mesabi Hall of Geology. 

52579547357_dca232a1e3_z.jpg

A squat, and tough building, the Geology Hall was a recent addition to the University. It's construction, of course, was made possible with the new influx of funds the Mesabi family had charitably dumped into the University.

52580279849_630ebb6872_z.jpg

While the Mesabi family was quite dreaded across the Brick Seas, their vast wealth and willingness to keep up appearances had lead them to dump large amounts of capital into Corrington's colonial educational institutions. This allowed for several educational institutions to add new facilities.... provided they put up with "Mesabi Shenanigans"  on the premises. 

52580453750_ccc7b41a57_z.jpg

Agnes Count Mesabi's harridan of a wife, walked into the halls of the Geology building. Her stiletto heels clacked with each step, ominously announcing her arrival. 

52580453850_b37d9cf25c_z.jpg

In the research labratory, WTC Leader Karl Mordo chatted with a Professor of Minerology. 

"So you see, with these samples, we're hoping that we can identify a common pattern." Said Mordo gruffly. 

52580279839_d62b1ed062_z.jpg

Agnes burst into the labratory. "Karl Mordo! My old friend and confidant. Can you guess why I'm here?" Said Agnes in a nail bitingly aggressive tone. 

"...so you've come to kill me then...." Said Mordo cooly. He reached into his holster, and drew a pistol. "At LEAST you had the decency to come do it YOURSELF!"

52580535958_3d4d31b8c8_z.jpg

"Hey, easy there Mordo..." said Agnes, a little slower, but no less agressively. "Let's talk this out..."

52580453845_e4a98d8842_z.jpg

With a quick motion, Agnes was behind the Professor, pistol in hand. "TRY SHOOTING ME THROUGH MY NERD SHIELD YOU ****!" She yelled, Aiming her pistol squarely at Mordo's forehead. 

52580279739_e7a9196c2d_z.jpg[/url]

The two aimed their pistols at each other for a solid 30 seconds, neither blinking. The Geology professor stood nervously, too afraid to say a word. A grad student cowered in the corner.

52580279804_6bfc85542e_z.jpg

"...So you're not here to kill me?" Asked Mordo mildly sheepishly.

"What? No, I just thought I'd surprise you while I was here to giva a speech for the 'Women in Business' event." Said Agnes, mildly annoyed. 

The two lowered their pistols. The Geology Professor Scattered. 

52580011851_426f150a60_z.jpg

"So, I had a proposal for the WTC to expand our business opportunities." said Agnes. "Involves some things with Oleon, involves the sale of some less than legal merchandise....."

Mordo sighed. "You ran out of money in Namere again, didn't you?" 

52580279814_b808c23ab4_z.jpg

"Look, overthrowing governments is hard and expensive! We're certainly not winning the hearts and minds at the moment. But I'm thinking throwing even more money at the situation will fix things." Said Agnes, rolling her eyes. 

Mordo grunted, and walked over to a chair. "I'm trying to use science to improve our prospecting, but I'm fairly certain I'm going to need to find a different professor to work with, thanks to your antics." 

52580535953_1009a626fb_z.jpg

Agnes ignored him, and handed him a piece of paper. "Lemme just get your signature, and I'll keep the fact you just tried to kill me on the down low."

Mordo glanced over the document. "You really like this Namere thing." He muttered. He signed the piece of paper, and handed a copy back to Agnes. 

52580011946_9b984057c7_z.jpg

Agnes turned and left. "Oh, and if I wanted you dead Mordo?" She paused, smiling to herself. "I'd just hire someone to do it."

FIN

Thanks for viewing the build! This continues my work on the Royal "University of Tiberia" project that I've had going since.... 2018.  With the current rate of progress I'm making on it, (about 1000 studs per year) I should be done in 2027! 

Honestly, looking back on my project writeup, I'm not satisfied with what I have their, so I'll probably get it fixed. If anyone is interested in helping, do pm me in the meantime. 

Regardless,  enjoyed building this one. I originally planned to have it be set in Mesabi Landing, leading to a more squat look, but I didn't feel like the style was really working for that settlement. So, I changed up some parts of the build, and set as a part of this project.

Storywise, this ties in with my long neglected TMCRA, with Agnes trying to overthrow parts of Namere. Karl Mordo is @Darnok's player character, and he told me that the story was fine, as long as " Set it some time in the past." Thus, the disclaimer at the beginning.  I'm also referencing his many prospecting builds on behalf of the WTC. 

I'm sure this also would lower the IC opinions of everyone of Agnes Mesabi.... if they weren't already rock bottom.  

Anyway, thanks for viewing. C&C appreciated, and lets hope this royal build gets done!

Edited by Mesabi

No explosions? Your standards were higher once upon a time! :pir-tongue:

Nice and clean architecture, you keep on improving. On top of the hilarious story (as usual!) I also really like the tie-in to a variety of ongoing story threads. Well done!

Great photo shooting of the different scenes! :pir-huzzah2:  The Hall of Geology is well constructed inside and out. The columns and arches look great. I like the entrance area with the large, solid and ornate door very much. The diamond under the dome next to the door is an interesting detail. The research laboratory is also well equipped. Different furniture, a blackboard, maps and WTC TNT.

Mordo not only has to find a new Geology professor, but also a new grad student. I don't understand why the Countess Agnes Mesabi is so unpopular. She is a pretty, likeable and friendly woman. :pir-grin: